M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

#1241 Post by damo666 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:40 am

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:08 am
my list of what I may do on a pinch at end of day for the sake of settling is actually very high, not that many players id absolutely never lynch today
whoops

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1242 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:41 am

I'm getting better vibes from kgray this game than last game.

damo666

#1243 Post by damo666 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:42 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:18 am
celaph wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:16 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:12 am
hi celaph. Are you having fun so far? Did you have any issues with the QT?
QT?
Don't worry about it. Good answer.
Crafty rabbit. Celaph is town.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1244 Post by kgray » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:45 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:25 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:20 am
I think ND is pretty scummy and I also don't particularly like him.

Newest scumread is Neph, not getting good vibes from him at all.
Want to talk about ND and Neph with me? Can you convince me that either one has done something alignment indicative? Please try.
Sure, but you don't have to patronize me to get me to talk to you.

I think ND not having townreads when he's throwing around so many scumreads is suspicious. Like he's more interested in stirring up things than figuring out alignments. His personality is probably artificially reinforcing that opinion, though.

Neph's defense of ND (a response to HR) doesn't seem organic at all. He cited "triggers" that set him off, and said those triggers were disagreements he was having with some undisclosed people. I didn't see any triggers or disagreements that caused ND to start attacking people, let alone HR, and Neph later clarified that ND's tone changed when the topic of censorship came up, but that has nothing to do with what HR was talking about. Neph didn't seem to actually care what motivated ND's actions at all, which tells me he's not trying to figure out ND's alignment.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1245 Post by kgray » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:47 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:34 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:25 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:20 am
I think ND is pretty scummy and I also don't particularly like him.

Newest scumread is Neph, not getting good vibes from him at all.
Want to talk about ND and Neph with me? Can you convince me that either one has done something alignment indicative? Please try.
@kgray, still here? Want to talk?
I'm back, and yes :-)

damo666

#1246 Post by damo666 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:50 am

Maniac wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:51 am
damo666 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:00 pm
Jamie is usually easy to read, will prob obvtown soon enough
damo666 wrote:
damo666 wrote:
We got one ##vote Damo
:eyeroll:

The 'prob' implies the unstated "assuming he is town". Obviously.

Go vote somewhere worthwhile.

President Eden

#1248 Post by President Eden » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:03 am

VOTE COUNT, THE THIRD: 5 AM VOTE UPDATES ARE A B**** EDITION

ND (2): Durga, ghug
bozotheclown (2): Yoyoyozo, Jamiet99uk
ghug (2): e.m.c^42, Nephthys
e.m.c^42 (1): Chaqa
aarodactyl (1): Fluminator
Fluminator (1): Bonatogether
VashtaNeurotic (1): ND
kgray (1): Vecna
Chaqa (1): BunnyGo
worcej (1): damo666
teacon7 (1): brainbomb
damo666 (1): Maniac
Nephthys (1): kgray

UNVOTE (3): aarodactyl, Hamilton Brian, celaph

NOT VOTING (7): Hellenic Riot, worcej, rdrivera2005, bozotheclown, teacon7, VashtaNeurotic, Balki Bartokomous

Currently, NOBODY is set to be killed at the end of DAY 1.

14h57m remain.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1249 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:04 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:59 am
##vote neph
Can you summarize your thoughts on Neph in one post for tired ghug? I'm leaning town on both of you, so I find this interesting.

Fluminator

#1250 Post by Fluminator » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:06 am

Maniac wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:37 am
Fluminator wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:49 am
FOS Maniac as well, but he always gets daykilled anyway so not worried about him slipping through the cracks yet.
I was Nightkilled last game and without going over old games I’ve been nughtkilled before. Why are you lying?
Always doesn't necessarily mean always always.

Fluminator

#1251 Post by Fluminator » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:08 am

I was told that damo is terrible as scum but he's not. I should try to figure out what his tell is by looking at last game.

celaph

#1252 Post by celaph » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:09 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:12 am
Do you know brainbomb from somewhere?
Nope. You’ll note that I also haven’t questioned the use of HR or HB. Truth be told, I’ve lurked the non-mafia portions of the forum far longer than I would care to admit.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1253 Post by kgray » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:09 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:04 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:59 am
##vote neph
Can you summarize your thoughts on Neph in one post for tired ghug? I'm leaning town on both of you, so I find this interesting.
It's mostly what I just said to Balki - he defended ND's actions in a weird way that wasn't accurate and seemed to assume he knew why ND was doing what he was doing without any reason to back it up.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1254 Post by kgray » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:12 am

celaph wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:09 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:12 am
Do you know brainbomb from somewhere?
Nope. You’ll note that I also haven’t questioned the use of HR or HB. Truth be told, I’ve lurked the non-mafia portions of the forum far longer than I would care to admit.
I'm trying to decide if it's suspect that you knew exactly why I was asking you about this....

If someone used BB as shorthand in this game and I didn't know who they were talking about, I'd assume it was Balki before brain.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1255 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:12 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:45 am
Not my intended tone at all. Sorry about that.
kgray wrote:
I think ND not having townreads when he's throwing around so many scumreads is suspicious. Like he's more interested in stirring up things than figuring out alignments. His personality is probably artificially reinforcing that opinion, though.
I do agree that he is being super confrontational. And he is flinging a lot of shade while not defending anyone. I could see how you could construe that as scum-indicative because scumbuckets are anxious to get other people daykilled.

On the other hand, (1) “stirring things up” and seeking conflict seems to me to be generally town-indicative, (2) ND’a general style seems to be quite confrontational, which suggests NAI, and (3) I think it’s generally easier for scum to throw out town reads because they know so many people are town.

I find the “other hand” points to be a bit stronger than your reasons for scum reading ND. Can you talk about how you weigh all this and how strong your convictions are here?
kgray wrote:
Neph's defense of ND (a response to HR) doesn't seem organic at all. He cited "triggers" that set him off, and said those triggers were disagreements he was having with some undisclosed people. I didn't see any triggers or disagreements that caused ND to start attacking people, let alone HR, and Neph later clarified that ND's tone changed when the topic of censorship came up, but that has nothing to do with what HR was talking about. Neph didn't seem to actually care what motivated ND's actions at all, which tells me he's not trying to figure out ND's alignment.
Your explanation here sounds like you disagree with Neph’s description of what’s in the thread. That is — whether or not there were triggers that may have set off ND, and whether ND’s reaction to censorship fits into the “triggers” category.

I am not convinced by your reasoning here. First, I think the stuff you disagree with Neph on is pretty subjective. I don’t think Neph’s descriptions of the thread that you highlight are obviously wrong. Second, weak reasons and shifting explanations are not necessarily scum-indicative. Townies are flailing around. Their reasons can shift. Their articulations of their reasons can shift even more. You conclude that inaccurate or shifting descriptions of the thread seem “inorganic,” but I’m not sure the things you point to are more likely to come from a manufactured process (scum) rather than a sincere but flailing-around-in-the-dark process (town).

Thoughts?

Fluminator

#1256 Post by Fluminator » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:13 am

Work will be busy tomorrow.

Bunny and Bo (Jamiet) were early scumreads, but they're active enough I don't think they're worth daykilling day 1.

##Vote Hamilton Brian

Fluminator

#1257 Post by Fluminator » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:15 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:50 pm
I've wasted half of my day still trying to decipher Bozo's one post.
In 63 pages of shitposting, I have a hard time believing any townie spent more than 2 seconds deciding Bozo's weird post wasn't worth the time.

Fluminator

#1258 Post by Fluminator » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:16 am

I guess it was 50 pages when he made that post

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1259 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:17 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:12 am
kgray wrote:
Not my intended tone at all. Sorry about that.
kgray wrote:
I do agree that he is being super confrontational. And he is flinging a lot of shade while not defending anyone. I could see how you could construe that as scum-indicative because scumbuckets are anxious to get other people daykilled.

On the other hand, (1) “stirring things up” and seeking conflict seems to me to be generally town-indicative, (2) ND’a general style seems to be quite confrontational, which suggests NAI, and (3) I think it’s generally easier for scum to throw out town reads because they know so many people are town.

I find the “other hand” points to be a bit stronger than your reasons for scum reading ND. Can you talk about how you weigh all this and how strong your convictions are here?
kgray wrote:
Your explanation here sounds like you disagree with Neph’s description of what’s in the thread. That is — whether or not there were triggers that may have set off ND, and whether ND’s reaction to censorship fits into the “triggers” category.

I am not convinced by your reasoning here. First, I think the stuff you disagree with Neph on is pretty subjective. I don’t think Neph’s descriptions of the thread that you highlight are obviously wrong. Second, weak reasons and shifting explanations are not necessarily scum-indicative. Townies are flailing around. Their reasons can shift. Their articulations of their reasons can shift even more. You conclude that inaccurate or shifting descriptions of the thread seem “inorganic,” but I’m not sure the things you point to are more likely to come from a manufactured process (scum) rather than a sincere but flailing-around-in-the-dark process (town).

Thoughts?
I have a couple thoughts on this, but I'm going to bed. Remind me tomorrow.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1260 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:20 am

Fluminator wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:15 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:50 pm
I've wasted half of my day still trying to decipher Bozo's one post.
In 63 pages of shitposting, I have a hard time believing any townie spent more than 2 seconds deciding Bozo's weird post wasn't worth the time.
I like this point.

@Hamilton Brian — what exactly did you do with the half of your day that you describe here? Plug things into Google Translate? Print out Bozo’s post and drive it over to the local cryptography club meeting?

We’re you exaggerating in your post? Why?