M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#4061 Post by ghug » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:42 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:40 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:57 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:47 pm
interesting that you too switched to appear offline mode all of a sudden HR
Lmao can we ban talking about this
Nah I actually have a general question about it to see whether im just imagining things.

Do people, or do people not.....

Remember Hellenic Riot always standing out while playing mafia because his name is still showing up in green like the mods (for his years of service maybe?)

Because that is my memory. That hes always showing online with his name in green. And thats why I feel he just got caught in a lie.

So tell me, am I misremembering that? I would like a second opinion on this to make sure im not just confbiasing it.
Lol I remember seeing him online during the last night but his name was definitely not green, so I think we're both going crazy.

Durga

#4062 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:42 pm

Vecna wrote:
Durga wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:57 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:47 pm
interesting that you too switched to appear offline mode all of a sudden HR
Lmao can we ban talking about this
Nah I actually have a general question about it to see whether im just imagining things.

Do people, or do people not.....

Remember Hellenic Riot always standing out while playing mafia because his name is still showing up in green like the mods (for his years of service maybe?)

Because that is my memory. That hes always showing online with his name in green. And thats why I feel he just got caught in a lie.

So tell me, am I misremembering that? I would like a second opinion on this to make sure im not just confbiasing it.
I do not remember HR's name at the bottom

Fluminator

#4063 Post by Fluminator » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:45 pm

I can't remember if I've seen HR's name. Definitely not in green if I have.
Lets kill him just to be safe though.

bozotheclown

#4064 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:45 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:30 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:26 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:59 pm

Bozo isn't even voting Vecna lol. He just hopped off flash onto Seth
I moved my vote from flash to Donny and then to seth, but I was only voting for flash because is was coming down to damo vs. flash at Tom's shooting deadline.

I think seth and Vecna as scum together fits.
I think your cases on both are pretty believable but Vecna feels so much scummier to me than seth. Do you ever have gut reads?
Yes, but more often about players I think have said enough things that are coming from a town perspective that I think they are likely town, although I can't point to any one post as evidence. I do not have that feeling about seth or Vecna.

Vecna

#4065 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:45 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:57 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:56 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:02 am

I've been in invisible mode ever since these forums were added, and have never once turned it off.
Couldve sworn there was a moment on D2 where u said you'd be online for the remainder of EoD, and then vanished, and then I saw that u were back before you started posting again in the last 20 minutes.

Sad I did not actually respond in a post so I could nail u.
Why would HR suddenly change his status to show when he's online and then switch it off again? This makes no sense.
I think he's always had it on and showing in green and standing out. If im wrong about this, and youre certain, please do let me know.

And as I indicated before, I feel he may have had some stake in the outcome of the gunshot. Appearing offline to keep a close monitor on it?

The reasons why he'd do it dont really matter. What matters is if my memory is correct or playing a trick on me.

seth24c

#4066 Post by seth24c » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:47 pm

kgray wrote:
seth24c wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:34 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

I moved my vote from flash to Donny and then to seth, but I was only voting for flash because is was coming down to damo vs. flash at Tom's shooting deadline.

And yes I can see how vecna has been defending me but I’m not sure to take it as town or scum yet, it feels more town motivated today than it did when I was likely to be misflipped on day two. Bozo you are good at cases, does fluminator stand out to you at all? I just had time to read him and his voting record and could see him having bussed summit with a couple teammates day 1 and keeping town confused since then. What are your thoughts?
Okay but trying to distract bozo from his case on you and Vecna by asking about flum is pretty sketch.... Seth if you have a case on Flum you make it, don't ask bozo to do the work for you.
You’re right it probably is sketch or whatever but I’m tired of being tunneled. My case isn’t much in the way of hard data so I want others to look at it and see if they see what I see. Flum votes summit early in the day and tells ghug and Moscow to follow him so they can be the town block. He then later tells ghug and Moscow to join him again on the wagon. Takes a couple chances to leave the wagon but gets back on when it looks like it is going to be a runaway and never gets off. That’s the short story but I don’t have time to make a big post right now.

bozotheclown

#4067 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:48 pm

seth24c wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Fluminator wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:59 pm

Bozo isn't even voting Vecna lol. He just hopped off flash onto Seth

And yes I can see how vecna has been defending me but I’m not sure to take it as town or scum yet, it feels more town motivated today than it did when I was likely to be misflipped on day two. Bozo you are good at cases, does fluminator stand out to you at all? I just had time to read him and his voting record and could see him having bussed summit with a couple teammates day 1 and keeping town confused since then. What are your thoughts?
I consider Fluminator a possible summit busser, first because the thing about summit hiding his online status was NAI, and second because his testing alternate wagons D1 reminds me of what he did in M59.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4068 Post by kgray » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:49 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:45 pm
kgray wrote:
Vecna wrote:

Couldve sworn there was a moment on D2 where u said you'd be online for the remainder of EoD, and then vanished, and then I saw that u were back before you started posting again in the last 20 minutes.

Why would HR suddenly change his status to show when he's online and then switch it off again? This makes no sense.
I think he's always had it on and showing in green and standing out. If im wrong about this, and youre certain, please do let me know.

And as I indicated before, I feel he may have had some stake in the outcome of the gunshot. Appearing offline to keep a close monitor on it?

The reasons why he'd do it dont really matter. What matters is if my memory is correct or playing a trick on me.
I'm not certain about anything but I don't think I've ever seen his name show up as being online at the bottom of the forum.

seth24c

#4069 Post by seth24c » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:49 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:41 pm
seth24c wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

What makes you think bozo is good at cases?
Honestly just tired of him making a case on me and would rather him make one on someone who might actually be scum.

Vecna

#4070 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:51 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:22 pm
seth24c wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:19 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:17 pm

I disagree that town is more likely to put up a defense than scum. But okay, thanks.
You think scum is more likely to put up a defense?
I guess it depends on what you mean by defense. Being defensive is generally scum indicative, I think. Putting in effort to not get killed is NAI. Putting in effort to solve is generally town indicative.

But it depends on who the person is. Summit not putting in any effort at all was definitely scum indicative. I don't know if that's the case with Maniac.
I think this first assumption is one that is categorically wrong

seth24c

#4071 Post by seth24c » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:51 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:48 pm
seth24c wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

I consider Fluminator a possible summit busser, first because the thing about summit hiding his online status was NAI, and second because his testing alternate wagons D1 reminds me of what he did in M59.
It is almost identical to m59 because in m59 he first voted gold as his teammate and then Moscow before testing other wagons and finally landing on Moscow as one of the critical votes that got Moscow flipped.

seth24c

#4072 Post by seth24c » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:53 pm

##vote flum

Vecna

#4073 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:55 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:05 pm
Nanook wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:37 am
I don’t get you guys. Me and summit have an interaction that makes us clearly never teamed and your response is “meh fuck you.” Seth has the most limp noodle nothing response to tom claiming he shot him and your response is “OH MY GOD HES OBVTOWN NOW.”

🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
I scum read you incredibly hard because of the whole ‘I will solve the game later guys’ earlier in the game and now on D4 we have you saying things like these.

You care more about being townread than catching any scum.
I completely agree with your sentiment here Worcej, but what other reads do you have? You've only been focusing on nanook all game, and as you said yourself, its D4...

Fluminator

#4074 Post by Fluminator » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:00 pm

seth24c wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:51 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:48 pm
seth24c wrote:
It is almost identical to m59 because in m59 he first voted gold as his teammate and then Moscow before testing other wagons and finally landing on Moscow as one of the critical votes that got Moscow flipped.
No. Every time I shaded Moscow or voted him, it was because Vecna kept badgering me too.
In this game I was the person badgering people to vote Summit.
Join me on Flash.

Vecna

#4075 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:02 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:41 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:11 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:08 am
This is seth's first mention of damo D1:

seth's post was proceeded by these:

The last 3 were within 20 minutes before seth's post, so seth knew he had a chance of getting a wagon going on damo, and Fluminator, ghug, and Durga did all vote for damo to put damo ahead of summit 4-3.

seth did not say anything else about damo until summit had retaken the lead, when he posted this:

Not long after damo dropped down to only 2 votes to summit's 7 votes, and Maniac had 3 votes, seth posted this:

7 minutes before EOD, when summit was leading Maniac 11-7, seth posted this:

Summary:
1. seth started a damo wagon because he knew others would vote for damo, despite not giving any reasons why he scum read damo.
2. seth pushed the damo wagon while it was the top counter wagon to summit.
3. When damo was no longer a viable wagon, seth stopped scum reading damo for unexplained reasons and voted for Maniac 5 minutes after Maniac had more votes than damo.
4. seth never mentioned his read of summit while voting for summit's top counter wagons, but just before summit was about to flip scum, seth scum read him for the first time.
People doing scummy shit on D1 and being wrong is not actually scummy in and of itself.

Damo flipping town just now should be all the evidence of that you need.

Why are you only looking at the people that looked poorly on D1 and you ignore any play afterwards? Were on D4 now. People have done shit since day 1. Its so unlike town bozo to not take that into account. If it wasnt that HR was the one pushing you at a moment im suspecting to be suspicious, id be pushing for your crucifixion like no man's business.
seth and Donny are still my top scum reads, but that does not mean I am only looking at D1. However, since the D1 DK was scum, D1 is still our best source of information.

seth voted for Nanook and BunnyGo D2, did not post during the shortened D3, and was voting for damo at the 24 mark of D4. I previously said seth has not done anything since D1 that makes me any less suspicious of him, and that is still the case.

I do not like your argument here, it is easy to criticize players for things they did not do. For instance, I post why seth looked suspicious for his D1, and you say I am ignoring anything after that, yet you are not telling me what seth has done after D1 that should be considering. I am considering what all players did on all days, but I can't post everything I am considering.

If you want a case that covers all days, here is one for you: D1 you avoided voting for summit until he was ahead by 3 votes 7 minutes before EOD, you actively discouraged people for voting for summit during D1, yet after D1 you claimed you were indicating all D1 that you would vote for summit eventually. D2 you started voting for TrPrado, saying in the same post that you were OK with seth as well, yet at EOD when the wagons were BunnyGo vs. seth, you voted for BunnyGo instead of seth. D3 you voted for BunnyGo at the beginning of the day, even though you switched from BunnyGo to TrPrado at the end of D2, and nothing had changed with BunnyGo's claim yet. D4 you had your vote on damo at the 24 hour mark, and are now using damo as an example of why we should not be looking at suspicious activity from D1.
I indicated all of D2 that I was opposed to a seth wagon, and was considernig either bunny or TrPrado. -Maybe- I talked about seth at the start of D2, but I seriously doubt that and dont remember doing so. Even if I did, I explicitely stated several times later on Seth was completely off the table.

Pretty odd of a thing for you to be wrong about and to be accusing me off.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4076 Post by ghug » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:15 pm

seth24c wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:49 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:41 pm
seth24c wrote:

What makes you think bozo is good at cases?
Honestly just tired of him making a case on me and would rather him make one on someone who might actually be scum.
Love this post

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4077 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:16 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:45 pm
kgray wrote:
Vecna wrote:

You're right Vecna, I actually always had my status as visible and then when I saw there was a gun, I concocted an elaborate ploy to turn my visibility off, and then use my new found stealth mode to... Keep posting right up until the gunshot.

I cannot believe that despite that incredibly cunning ruse, you somehow saw through into my true clandestine behaviour.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4078 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:18 pm

Alternatively, you're batshit, and there's a reason why in all these recent games where ghug goes "Hi X" when he sees X person viewing a thread, there ain't a single time when he'll have said "Hi HR" unless it's because I actually posted.

Fluminator

#4079 Post by Fluminator » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:19 pm

Hi Hellenic Riot

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4080 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:20 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:19 pm
Hi Hellenic Riot