M59 - Duck Season? - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: M59 - Duck Season? - Game Thread

#1681 Post by goldfinger0303 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:49 am

So, I think it's worth comparing the reactions of all those involved to kgray's theory.
Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:06 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:43 pm

I like this theory also. If Bunny, Tom, and Durga all flip scum, you can use a mis-kill on me.
Agh bozo do you exist just to fuck all your teammates or what?
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:08 pm

I did wonder that. But realized:

1) I’m not scum. So it would have to be a partial signal
2) if he/they flipped it would give away too much
2a) having been scum while he was traitor before, I find him very capable of hiding as traitor and not bothering with signals.
First we have bozo accept the possibility of the theory - very okay to go through with it provided 3 scum flips happen.

Durga deflects

Bunny tries to find fault in the logic of the proposal.

Frankly I'm not sure what to make of it. There are plausible alternative scenarios where any combination of the three could be scum. I will skip kgray's.

1) Bozo is scum and Bunny/Durga are town. As scum he would be trying to soft clear himself by getting one of the other two daykilled and disproving the theory. I don't view this as likely. Maybe I was just swayed by the volume of bozo's posting N1, but it seemed in earnest and pretty towny. If there is only one scum in the three of them, I think bozo is the least likely. His unwillingness to die is completely in character for him - he traded the cop's life for his own as VT in the last game I played with him.

2) Durga is scum. I had already mentioned that joking about being scum was odd, and this is the second time she did it. She disappeared today and seemed a bit deflated.

3) Bunny is scum. His defense relies so much on knowledge exclusive to him.The biggest thing about the info angle is that 1) It depended on flips happening 2)It depended on people going back in a VCA potentially days later and tying it together, and 3) Even then, if it was a partial signal it could be defensible.

If Flum indeed does have a shot, it should be one of these three, regardless of who is leading on the vote count. In terms of giving an open/shut resolution on the theory, bozo is the most logical target to choose. However I'm hesitant to throw my support behind it because aside from this theory he's the less likely of being scum among the three.

bozotheclown

#1682 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:50 am

thefourth wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:43 am
Observations from MF's iso:

--Early jokevote for Tom--eyebrow momentarily raised. Tom had a rough first day and seems a good wagon for tomorrow.
--kgray accused MF of throwing shade on HR. The fact that MF took this argument (and offered a convincing last word) is townie points for HR.
--In fact, MF cast shade on a lot of people. The list (shades large and small): HR, Flum, summit, bozo (on principle?), foodcoats, flash, damo, macca, vecna, kgray, yaz.
--MF did not do the townread survey, and didn't townread much at all. He did townread kgray a lot, as early as page 15 and then in his last post before getting anvilized. It's unclear to me whether he meant to gain towncred by stating the obvious (kgray has looked just about as much like a concerned townsrabbit in the midst of a mafia crisis as I can imagine) or if he actually meant to bolster kgray's credibility as a faux-townsperson. Also townreads on durga.
--MF questioned wagons on Tom, foodcoats, bunny, worcej and kgray.

Props to town and especially rdrivera for sniffing out Yosemite Sam, who has now yee'd his last -haw.
kgray wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:14 pm
I'm getting more and more suspicious of Tom. I read his ISO and realized I've corrected his arguments several times, and don't think he's that careless about his scumhunting as town. I really doubt he is the traitor but whatever townvibes I was getting from him yesterday are gone. Especially after the sequence of events where he says he doesn't see why people think Moscow was scummy, says he sees where I'm coming from about Moscow's read of bozo and wants clarification, but then doesn't do anything with the information when Moscow provides it. Like he was never going to reconsider his townread of Moscow. Also his comment about letting the lurkers get away with it near EOD when he was voting damo seems especially insincere.
thefourth or kgray could have made Tom a scum read N1 knowing he was jailed.

BunnyGo

#1683 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:51 am

Here’s the think I don’t get. Why do we get a result we expect. A flip we don’t mind. I guess scum we’re PRETTY hunting?

Why do all good things happen, AND PEOPLE DECIDE TO GO LOSE THEIR FU&&zing minds?!?

We had:

Worcej
Seth
Goldie

All lined up on a platter for us. Why the f&&k are you morons stopping?

I’ll tell you why:

Kgray. And Flum.

Why are they pushing new people? I don’t get it. Stop letting the scum we have on the ropes escape.

Ok. Time to role up my sleeves and do some reading.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1684 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:53 am

Who on earth was pushing a goldie wagon, other than you, at any point?

BunnyGo

#1685 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:53 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:49 am
So, I think it's worth comparing the reactions of all those involved to kgray's theory.
Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:06 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:43 pm

I like this theory also. If Bunny, Tom, and Durga all flip scum, you can use a mis-kill on me.
Agh bozo do you exist just to fuck all your teammates or what?
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:08 pm

I did wonder that. But realized:

1) I’m not scum. So it would have to be a partial signal
2) if he/they flipped it would give away too much
2a) having been scum while he was traitor before, I find him very capable of hiding as traitor and not bothering with signals.
First we have bozo accept the possibility of the theory - very okay to go through with it provided 3 scum flips happen.

Durga deflects

Bunny tries to find fault in the logic of the proposal.

Frankly I'm not sure what to make of it. There are plausible alternative scenarios where any combination of the three could be scum. I will skip kgray's.

1) Bozo is scum and Bunny/Durga are town. As scum he would be trying to soft clear himself by getting one of the other two daykilled and disproving the theory. I don't view this as likely. Maybe I was just swayed by the volume of bozo's posting N1, but it seemed in earnest and pretty towny. If there is only one scum in the three of them, I think bozo is the least likely. His unwillingness to die is completely in character for him - he traded the cop's life for his own as VT in the last game I played with him.

2) Durga is scum. I had already mentioned that joking about being scum was odd, and this is the second time she did it. She disappeared today and seemed a bit deflated.

3) Bunny is scum. His defense relies so much on knowledge exclusive to him.The biggest thing about the info angle is that 1) It depended on flips happening 2)It depended on people going back in a VCA potentially days later and tying it together, and 3) Even then, if it was a partial signal it could be defensible.

If Flum indeed does have a shot, it should be one of these three, regardless of who is leading on the vote count. In terms of giving an open/shut resolution on the theory, bozo is the most logical target to choose. However I'm hesitant to throw my support behind it because aside from this theory he's the less likely of being scum among the three.
Oh yeah. THIS A$$hole. Don’t let him steer the conversation. He’s the scummier one here. Go iso him. Actually read. He’s scuuuuuuum. He’s deflecting because he KNOWS bozo and Durga and I are Town.

BunnyGo

#1686 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:54 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:53 am
Who on earth was pushing a goldie wagon, other than you, at any point?
I was.

And I’m right. Go read him.

bozotheclown

#1687 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:54 am

damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:53 am
Durga: was town leaning but slightly disturbing attitude to Moscow
Vecna: screams town
Kgray: was town leaning but Bozo's worry about her vote pattern is valid. Monitor.
HR: bit light on the posting front. Slight townlean but unsure
rdr: seems on same wavelength as me, early vote on MF. Strong town.
Seth: bullish, possible late busser
Gold: not seen enough but small townlean FWIW
Summit: timing of MF vote suggests town
Worcej: really unsure on this spot, if pushed would say town
Bozo: very scumhunty so assume town but has the craftiness to be anything
Macca: needs to step up. Easy to have doubts about them. Unsure.
Bunny: Bugs me (ho ho). Cannot read
Food: def town if I was right, if wrong still lean town though scum not impossible
H IV: no idea
Flum: timing of MF vote suggests town
Tom: severe doubts on this slot
TrPrado: townlean
Flash: I would guess town but bussing not impossible
Yav: townlean

Current guess at scumteam: Tom Bunny H IV Seth Reserves: kgray Macca worcej
damo had Tom as a top scum read as well, which probably contributed to him getting killed.

BunnyGo

#1688 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:54 am

TrPrado wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:46 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:44 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:41 am

If you really think there is a chance I am the traitor and voted for all of the scum D1, you should vote for BunnyGo or Durga.
Bozo is not that terrible a traitor. He’s sooner just never get recruited. You’re all stupid for thinking this and it’s making the rest of us stupid.
Are you afraid of him flipping?
I’m afraid of you morons letting scum make the game close again.

summit_fever

#1689 Post by summit_fever » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:01 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:54 am
TrPrado wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Bozo is not that terrible a traitor. He’s sooner just never get recruited. You’re all stupid for thinking this and it’s making the rest of us stupid.
Which game was Bozo the traitor in?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#1690 Post by TrPrado » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:02 am

BunnyGo wrote:
TrPrado wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

It is day 2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1691 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:04 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:51 am
Here’s the think I don’t get. Why do we get a result we expect. A flip we don’t mind. I guess scum we’re PRETTY hunting?

Why do all good things happen, AND PEOPLE DECIDE TO GO LOSE THEIR FU&&zing minds?!?

We had:

Worcej
Seth
Goldie

I’ll tell you why:

Kgray. And Flum.

Why are they pushing new people? I don’t get it. Stop letting the scum we have on the ropes escape.

Jesus this feels so fake

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1692 Post by goldfinger0303 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:06 am

I do like drunk Bunny.

Hey bugs. Why are you raging when we have two kills today? Flum and kgray arent redirecting anything because we have a bonus shot. There's a good number of people happily voting worcej. Seth didn't get any traction when someone put them forth. I would actually like to do a reread on seth when I have time, but unfortunately that will have to wait for tomorrow. But it is important to take a closer look at the last person to switch onto Tom.

BunnyGo

#1693 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:08 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:06 am
I do like drunk Bunny.

Hey bugs. Why are you raging when we have two kills today? Flum and kgray arent redirecting anything because we have a bonus shot. There's a good number of people happily voting worcej. Seth didn't get any traction when someone put them forth. I would actually like to do a reread on seth when I have time, but unfortunately that will have to wait for tomorrow. But it is important to take a closer look at the last person to switch onto Tom.
You believe Flum? Anyone with half a brain would give Drunk Bunny (TM) the fun. I’ve literally never missed.

bozotheclown

#1694 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:08 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:41 pm
I am surprised there is no interest in flash today. M47 demonstrated that he will use his history of low D1 participation to his advantage as scum.
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:22 pm
Oh god. Just read flash’s iso. It’s short and awful. Every post. Let’s make this a viable option. ##vote flash.
summit_fever wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:25 pm
##vote flash
hthefourth wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:30 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Oh god. Just read flash’s iso. It’s short and awful. Every post. Let’s make this a viable option. ##vote flash.
I'll second that ##vote flash
Assuming flash is town, I gave the mafia an opening to make flash a wagon when I started pushing him to be the kill about 4 hours before EOD. BunnyGo, summit, and hthefourth were the second, third, and fourth votes for flash, and their votes came within 8 minutes of each other. hthefourth had been voting for BunnyGo, but was willing to follow him onto flash. That makes his vote the most suspicious to me. This is why I had him on my "flash is town" scum list.

##VOTE hthefourth

BunnyGo

#1695 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:08 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:04 am
BunnyGo wrote:

We had:

Worcej
Seth
Goldie

I’ll tell you why:

Kgray. And Flum.

Jesus this feels so fake
You always say that. It never is.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1696 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:09 am

Bunny why are you panicking so much? Town is in an amazing position. You're acting like we're in mylo or something. So what if people are pushing this theory? All it takes is one of three people flipping town to prove it false. Why are you so worried about people considering it?

BunnyGo

#1697 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:09 am

summit_fever wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:01 am
BunnyGo wrote:
TrPrado wrote:

I think it was the Covid one. Where xorxes and I were scum.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1698 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:10 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:08 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:04 am
BunnyGo wrote:

We had:

Worcej
Seth
Goldie

I’ll tell you why:

Kgray. And Flum.

Jesus this feels so fake
You always say that. It never is.
I don't "always" say that. The one game I thought your drunk bunny persona was an act you were scum.

bozotheclown

#1699 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:10 am

summit_fever wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:01 am
BunnyGo wrote:
TrPrado wrote:

M54

BunnyGo

#1700 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:10 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:08 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:41 pm
I am surprised there is no interest in flash today. M47 demonstrated that he will use his history of low D1 participation to his advantage as scum.
BunnyGo wrote:
summit_fever wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:25 pm
##vote flash
hthefourth wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:30 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
I'll second that ##vote flash
Assuming flash is town, I gave the mafia an opening to make flash a wagon when I started pushing him to be the kill about 4 hours before EOD. BunnyGo, summit, and hthefourth were the second, third, and fourth votes for flash, and their votes came within 8 minutes of each other. hthefourth had been voting for BunnyGo, but was willing to follow him onto flash. That makes his vote the most suspicious to me. This is why I had him on my "flash is town" scum list.

##VOTE hthefourth
@TRP you kill this guy, you’re setting us up.

Go read.