M59 - Duck Season? - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: M59 - Duck Season? - Game Thread

#721 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:30 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:47 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:13 pm
MoscowFleet wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:12 pm
Ah, bozo. Full disclosure to all, I am totally down to off bozo on principle if people are interested. I don't care if I go next, still worth it.
##vote bozo

Let's do this.
Are you voting for me for something that happened in a previous game that you were not even in?
Nah, I'm voting you because I wanted to get information.

Who is your daddy and what does he do?

worcej

#722 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:32 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:50 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:15 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:28 pm

I did not "throw" M1014, I tried something that worked out poorly for town which was obviously not my intention.
What was your intention of faking as a PR?
It was a short game, and I was diverting the D1 kill from what I knew to be a town kill to someone who at least had the chance to be mafia (from my point of view).
And this was worth the cost of possibly outting your PR and making yourself the for sure kill down the road?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#723 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:32 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:26 pm
@kgray - Toms mention of MF is on ps4 and then again p.15
Oh, the "welcome back" comment... Okay, then I'm a bit less suspicious of that post from HR.

worcej

#724 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:32 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:56 pm
yep. im keeping the disclaimer that im not quite at the "certain" point yet, but summit is probably one of the easiest persons to read for me on here.

Hoping thats not going to change.
I thought that used to be me.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#725 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:36 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:19 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:08 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:04 pm

Yes. Having been scum with you a couple times recently, I think I recognize your scum game now. I don’t think this is scum!damo. But I also don’t see you behaving like town!damo. So “weird”. That said, food has been scummy. And worcej is concerning to me, so I’d like to see if others agree. If you and food stay the only viable wagons, I’ll probably vote food.
Can you elaborate on your worcej read? I actually think he's seemed pretty townie. Less bitter than normal, but overall he seems genuine to me.
I’m on phone and at work, but I recall a game (maybe mini 1010?) where worcej was scum and behaving like this. My personal worcej read is “if he reminds me too much of the Dumb Bunny (TM) persona and makes the posts *I* was going to first, watch out.”
Alright, having skimmed through that game I'm not seeing as much of a difference from scum!worcej then to worcej in this game as I thought.

Also, agreed that food's been scummy and I think is a better vote today than damo.

worcej

#726 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:36 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:08 am
The bozo wagon is very silly. bozo is lord and saviour of weird entrances.

I would sheep bozo because he’s great but Tom’s Taz soft is on balance more likely town, so bozo is likely wrong.

damo gave me a weird vibe and I don’t like unvotes. I fear classing damo too early but he may be scum here.

Summit I think is town for already pointing out bozo’s true meta.

worcej is spamming and I am resisting spamkilling.

Durga put in effort to make multiquotes from multiple authors in the same post but without advancing a major narrative which looks like scum tryharding.

Typical BunnyGo.

goldfinger gets a long leer.

Flum and Vecna seem like Flum and Vecna.

Yavu, HR, Macca, TrPrado and seth I’ve got nothing.

I like hthe for sincerity.

kgray votes me for lurking which is unrepresentative of me. Is that scummy?

Flash feels slightly too active to be townflash.

MoscowFleet should be “Fleet Moscow” or “F Mos” and the technical impossibility is too smarmy for my taste but otherwise seems town.

##VOTE damo666
These are all lazy upon my read.

worcej

#727 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:39 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:59 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:56 am
So you think Vecna's suspicion of Flum is misguided then Bunny?
I don’t suspect Flum. I also don’t suspect Vecna for suspecting Flum. But that doesn’t mean I think he’s “misguided”, I think his reasons are valid.

Still waiting on your top 4 Town reads.
Wonder if Tom eventually does respond to Bunny's inquiry...

BunnyGo

#728 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:41 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:26 pm

@Bunny - I shudder to think how you did ISOs before if you're only realizing that functionality of the bot now.
It wasn’t so bad, I used the search feature. Peter made a very nice bot interface.

worcej

#729 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:42 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:04 am
If you thought his reasons were valid, I don't understand how you could townread Flum as well.

My top townreads are

Vecna - I do think he is misguided about Flum. Flum is pretty goofy, especially D1 - so the ridicule did not surprise me. But I think this is genuine hunting from Vecna.

hthefourth - Not afraid to share his thoughts as a relatively outsider among this group, especially contridicatory thoughts against the vocal opinions in the thread.

Moscow - I found his reactions to me early were both quick, natural and honest. I don't buy into his "over-explaining" being suspicious.

I guess I only really have three. I've liked kgray and Durga so far, but probably not enough yet to put them on this list
So you're asked for 4 and give 3...

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#730 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:43 pm

I'd also be alright with a Moscow wagon. He's faded away a lot for someone who said it's important for town to constantly communicate their evaluation of the game, he started a bozo wagon for an admittedly non-serious reason but still claims bozo is obvious scum, and I'm the only person who he says he townreads and I'm suspicious that he's buddying me after our early interaction.

worcej

#731 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:43 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:13 am
Picking a large number for townreads this early seems like a pretty easy way to try to set up a gotcha down the road to set up a wagon and is scummy imo.
Again, elusive - why?

worcej

#732 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:45 pm

MoscowFleet wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:29 am
Bozo is striking me as obvious scum, but the issue is that it was the same the last game I played with him. Gonna do my best for now to mentally block out his posts and focus elsewhere.

Foodcoats wagon seems meh. Seems to be the same as killing flash or gold or any of the other lurkers, and if he's town there's almost certainly one or two scum hiding on his wagon. Durga seems natural and I think her thoughts are flowing better compared to her scumgame. I have no desire to lynch worcej, kgray, or bunny for how active they've been, and kgray reads pretty strongly to me as town anyways.

I still don't like damo. He voted food for lurking, then doubles down after he shows up, which I think could be damo trying to keep the wagon together for a supposed legitimate reason, as it's likely it'll fall apart now that food has shown up and everyone on him was voting for lurking. ##Vote damo

The other person who seems scummy to me is macca. Calling HR very towny and bozo helpful are both fairly criminal imo.

Vecna seems really interested in getting someone to bite on calling me scummy, for what reason though isn't quite clear.
Finally I get mentioned by someone I am not engaging with!

worcej

#733 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:48 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:41 am
Why is everyone listing four town reads. This is spam unless you have something substantive to say about them.
+1000

worcej

#734 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:49 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:43 am
MoscowFleet wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:34 am
Also a couple people have called me out for demanding bozo's head. It was very obviously not serious, referencing how I'm still not over my last game with him.
Can you explain why you think he's obvious scum?
Can you explain how you didn't read what Moscow actually said and made this attempted push back?

worcej

#735 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:51 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:49 am
Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:41 am
Why is everyone listing four town reads. This is spam unless you have something substantive to say about them.
No, it´s not. It forces scum to state opinions (or to avoid it, which is also indicative).
Except most reads I've seen have been weak and are being flagged/hedged on 'too early to tell'

worcej

#736 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:52 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:55 am
I feel like everytime Tom is town he just gets bullied d1
This would imply he hasn't justified some level of scrutiny.

worcej

#737 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:53 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:55 am
And since he's getting bullied d1 he must be town
:eyeroll:

worcej

#738 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:55 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:56 am
I guess traction isn't the right word, but it was being discussed in the thread early on that posts I made were being thought of as potentially suspicious. I don't see a scum coming in and making waves there - I find it much more likely new scum would step aside let someone they know as town continue to be questoined.
WIFOM thought: a good player who rolls scum may try to do something exactly that you say here in order to deter prying eyes.

In fact, we've seen this exact behavior in prior games...

worcej

#739 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:56 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:42 am
So, an update. Still slammed with work - will be on another 3 hours tonight (EST). And another hiccup just came in that I'll probably have to put my dog down this week. And word from high up isn't favorable on the substitution front, so you're gonna have to go with a sad Gold this game.

Anyways, my reactions.

I'm going to try and be more careful this time, since in my last game all I did was cause a PR to become a leading wagon.

Anyone who was voting based off of Tom's Taz comment clearly did not meet 5yr old goldfinger also rocking a Taz shirt to kindergarten. I pretty much view all the banter before page 5 as NAI. It's those who took it seriously and tried to make something out of nothing that seemed suspicious to me - damo and bugs bunny.

Similarly, those going after bozo for this stream of thought posts don't know that bozo always tries some weird strat D1. It's very NAI. The reaction I object to the most, though, is Tom's. He said bozo was a very good player.

I think yav's comment on my notice of lurking can be forgiven since he and I haven't played many games, so wouldn't know that I'm pretty consistently in the top half of posters.

People who seem off-meta:
Worcej seems eager.
TrPrado seems decidedly non-offensive. Perhaps deliberately so.
Summit is uncharacteristically bold
Oooo! I like being eager :D

worcej

#740 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:57 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:20 am
Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:14 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:59 am
Running top 4 townread results:

Bunny's: Flum, Vecna, TRPrado, Rdr
kgray's: summit, Vecna, worcej, Tom
rdrivera's: kgray, summit, Vecna, Bunny
bozotheclown's: Fluminator, rdrivera, TrPrado, summit
Tom Bombadil's: Vecna, hthefourth, Moscow, <none>
Macca573's: Bozo, Hellenic Riot, TrPrado, Flum
summit_fever's: bozo, bunny, flum, vecna
This is spam
Then ignore it. Most of your posts are spammier, just saying you don't like how we're playing. A pox on your house until you contribute anything more than spite. You have 35 posts so far. By my count:

4 complain about reading anything
At least 10 are just discussing your idea of other people's metas
At least 10 complain about other people's posting

So well more than half your posts are "spam". There are some good ones hidden in there, but they aren't that prevalent.
Shots fired.

Welcome to the "we call Durga out for her stuff" team Bunny :D