M59 - Duck Season? - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BunnyGo

Re: M59 - Duck Season? - Game Thread

#701 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:01 pm

TIL: you can access someone’s ISO by clicking on their name on posting statistics chart.

Vecna

#702 Post by Vecna » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:02 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:49 am
Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:41 am
I don't really like food's gigantic reads posts. So unnatural. So planned out.
My eyes glazed over real hard when I saw it lol
nom-nom, TrPrado town-flavoured posting

damo666

#703 Post by damo666 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:03 pm

@Vecna there's not gonna be a Flum wagon

Vecna

#704 Post by Vecna » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:04 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:51 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:48 am
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:45 am

It seemed like he defended you before he realized that Bunny was suggesting you were signaling traitor.
Ok. Maybe true, but that doesn't change my read. I don't see a situation where newbie scum would contradict the vocal opinion going on in thread. I start getting traction and then newb scum defends me seems unlikely.
If he knows you are town it could be a way to get town credit. Or he could have believed you were Taz. Or you could be both scum. So, this isn´t so clear to me that newb scum won´t defend you, at least on my POV.
snap, early townreads on Rdrivera. Should I be worried?

BunnyGo

#705 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:04 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:59 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:58 pm
Still very happy with either Damo or food for the DK (would probably vote food at the moment, but Damo is weird). That said, worcej has reminded me too much of the last time he was scum and was behaving like this. ##vote Worcej
Weird?
Yes. Having been scum with you a couple times recently, I think I recognize your scum game now. I don’t think this is scum!damo. But I also don’t see you behaving like town!damo. So “weird”. That said, food has been scummy. And worcej is concerning to me, so I’d like to see if others agree. If you and food stay the only viable wagons, I’ll probably vote food.

Durga

#706 Post by Durga » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:05 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:04 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:51 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:

Ok. Maybe true, but that doesn't change my read. I don't see a situation where newbie scum would contradict the vocal opinion going on in thread. I start getting traction and then newb scum defends me seems unlikely.
If he knows you are town it could be a way to get town credit. Or he could have believed you were Taz. Or you could be both scum. So, this isn´t so clear to me that newb scum won´t defend you, at least on my POV.
snap, early townreads on Rdrivera. Should I be worried?
This was exactly my thoughts. Rdr is sooo townie that I'm nervous about it.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#707 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:06 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:34 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:14 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:12 pm

So is it case 1, 2 or 3?
There’s absolutely no benefit to town to discussing this, in my opinion. Are you brainbomb?
This does not help me determine whether I am mistaken or not. If you do add to your bread trail I will have to assume I am mistaken and revote you, if I am not sure it is better to save myself for town's sake than risk letting you get away.

In fact ##vote food. I will move if and only if you provide evidence you know what I am talking about. You can easily do this covertly if I am correct re the crumb. If you haven't a scooby do to what I'm referring you won't be able to.
This makes no sense damo. You're going to vote for him unless he figures out what you think his crumb is? What if you're just wrong? Do you have another basis for why you're voting him? What if he's scum who put that crumb up intentionally to fake claim, and he does admit that he knows what you're talking about. Then he either gets out of you voting for him or the real PR claims and you've just screwed up their game.

What is the point of any of this??

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#708 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:08 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
damo666 wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Still very happy with either Damo or food for the DK (would probably vote food at the moment, but Damo is weird). That said, worcej has reminded me too much of the last time he was scum and was behaving like this. ##vote Worcej
Weird?
Yes. Having been scum with you a couple times recently, I think I recognize your scum game now. I don’t think this is scum!damo. But I also don’t see you behaving like town!damo. So “weird”. That said, food has been scummy. And worcej is concerning to me, so I’d like to see if others agree. If you and food stay the only viable wagons, I’ll probably vote food.
Can you elaborate on your worcej read? I actually think he's seemed pretty townie. Less bitter than normal, but overall he seems genuine to me.

Vecna

#709 Post by Vecna » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:10 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:57 am
Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:55 am
I feel like everytime Tom is town he just gets bullied d1
Maybe its because I'm awkard according to Vecna lol
I mean, the thing noone talked about yet:

Maybe you did get that Taz flavour. Maybe your only source of information was the signup thread and you thought noone would connect the Taz flavour to the traitor. Maybe you hoped scum would have the wherewithal to connect that Taz would be the missing bad-guy flavour on their team.

I dont -really- think that is what happened, but its a possibility.

The main reason I think you were probably just truth-telling is because I estimate youre my generation, and I knew a bunch of kids walking around with shirts like that. They were pretty cool

damo666

#710 Post by damo666 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:11 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
damo666 wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Weird?
Well you're right in that i'm not scum!damo.

People that concern me now are MF, worcej and Macca. I wish food would confcrumb so I could vote one of those three but i fear he can't. If he is a non-crumber I don't think he is town because he is not protesting enough.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#711 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:11 pm

As much as I disagree with what he's doing, I don't think these shenanigans are out of character for town!damo at all. I also think he's a pretty easy D1 miskill target for scum.

Vecna

#712 Post by Vecna » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:12 pm

kgray wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:52 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:

Yeah. He objected to my “anyone see what I see?” way of posting it.
Hmm. This is a good point. I guess it's really possible (probable?) that he had more of an issue with the fact that he thought you were throwing around accusations without explaining, and it wasn't really about Tom at all.
it did indeed seem pretty random and targetted, come to think of it....I was townreading the post at the time, but it doesnt hurt too much to consider the other options

3p with a protection quota?

Vecna

#713 Post by Vecna » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:15 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:42 am
So, an update. Still slammed with work - will be on another 3 hours tonight (EST). And another hiccup just came in that I'll probably have to put my dog down this week. And word from high up isn't favorable on the substitution front, so you're gonna have to go with a sad Gold this game.

Anyways, my reactions.

I'm going to try and be more careful this time, since in my last game all I did was cause a PR to become a leading wagon.

Anyone who was voting based off of Tom's Taz comment clearly did not meet 5yr old goldfinger also rocking a Taz shirt to kindergarten. I pretty much view all the banter before page 5 as NAI. It's those who took it seriously and tried to make something out of nothing that seemed suspicious to me - damo and bugs bunny.

Similarly, those going after bozo for this stream of thought posts don't know that bozo always tries some weird strat D1. It's very NAI. The reaction I object to the most, though, is Tom's. He said bozo was a very good player.

I think yav's comment on my notice of lurking can be forgiven since he and I haven't played many games, so wouldn't know that I'm pretty consistently in the top half of posters.

People who seem off-meta:
Worcej seems eager.
TrPrado seems decidedly non-offensive. Perhaps deliberately so.
Summit is uncharacteristically bold
lol, speak of the devil (see what I did there? Tazmanian......nm). Them shirts were a thing

BunnyGo

#714 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:16 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:12 pm
kgray wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Hmm. This is a good point. I guess it's really possible (probable?) that he had more of an issue with the fact that he thought you were throwing around accusations without explaining, and it wasn't really about Tom at all.
it did indeed seem pretty random and targetted, come to think of it....I was townreading the post at the time, but it doesnt hurt too much to consider the other options

I was wondering how the protection quota would be assigned. If to a PR (especially a bodyguard) this is hugely anti-3P. That said, it’s not my main focus now because neither 3P is anti-town and one of them is pro-town.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#715 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:17 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:12 pm
kgray wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Maybe, but most of hthefourth's posts complain about people throwing around suspicions without giving reasons. I could see a new town player being really frustrated by this, and Bunny's comment certainly fit that description before he clarified what he was talking about.

I'm townleaning hthefourth currently.

BunnyGo

#716 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:19 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:08 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
damo666 wrote:

Weird?
Can you elaborate on your worcej read? I actually think he's seemed pretty townie. Less bitter than normal, but overall he seems genuine to me.
I’m on phone and at work, but I recall a game (maybe mini 1010?) where worcej was scum and behaving like this. My personal worcej read is “if he reminds me too much of the Dumb Bunny (TM) persona and makes the posts *I* was going to first, watch out.”

damo666

#717 Post by damo666 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:21 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:06 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:34 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:14 pm

There’s absolutely no benefit to town to discussing this, in my opinion. Are you brainbomb?
This does not help me determine whether I am mistaken or not. If you do add to your bread trail I will have to assume I am mistaken and revote you, if I am not sure it is better to save myself for town's sake than risk letting you get away.

In fact ##vote food. I will move if and only if you provide evidence you know what I am talking about. You can easily do this covertly if I am correct re the crumb. If you haven't a scooby do to what I'm referring you won't be able to.
This makes no sense damo. You're going to vote for him unless he figures out what you think his crumb is? What if you're just wrong? Do you have another basis for why you're voting him? What if he's scum who put that crumb up intentionally to fake claim, and he does admit that he knows what you're talking about. Then he either gets out of you voting for him or the real PR claims and you've just screwed up their game.

What is the point of any of this??
Obviously I was scumreading him pre the "crumb". The fact he hasn't alluded to what I refer inclines me to think he hasn't a clue what I'm talking about and there was no crumb and I'm happy voting him.

If the crumb is genuine and he remains under pressure I'm sure he can reveal enough to save himself.

You seem to be forgetting it is a team game btw. Survival is more fun than getting killed but if getting killed is a good trade it is worth it for the end result.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#718 Post by goldfinger0303 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:26 pm

@kgray - Toms mention of MF is on ps4 and then again p.15

@Bunny - I shudder to think how you did ISOs before if you're only realizing that functionality of the bot now

As for everyone's recent comments on damo, it's a difficult situation. I think we can all agree this is a bad play by damo. However, we've seen town!damo do horrible misplays before. We've also seen scum!damo do them (though not worse than the town!damo misplays). Tbh maybe I should check myself on damo, because I seem to find them scummy most of the time. I was already voting damo for the awkward Taz push on Tom. But it's possible this is just town!damo hard hunting for crumbs.

But right now I don't see a better alternative. Nobody at least that I'd be voting for any reason beyond gut feeling or playing off-meta.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#719 Post by goldfinger0303 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:27 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:11 pm
As much as I disagree with what he's doing, I don't think these shenanigans are out of character for town!damo at all. I also think he's a pretty easy D1 miskill target for scum.
Yeah this got me thinking

worcej

#720 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:27 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:34 pm
This is like announcing in a room full of murderers how you catch murderers. I’ll leave it at that.
Considering this is a game that most of us play multiple times a year, you're over exaggerating with this comparison and in general are being illusive for no real important reason.