M59 - Duck Season? - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
foodcoats

Re: M59 - Duck Season? - Game Thread

#641 Post by foodcoats » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:35 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:03 am
OK, after those posts I'm not going to push Gold on day 1. Good luck with life, Goldie.
This is a very low bar for you, Bunny. Normally you’re less a cuddlywuddly and more a big sharp teef sort...

Jamiet99uk

#642 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:39 am

VOTE COUNT 1.5

foodcoats (5) - damo666, Durga, kgray, Fluminator, summit_fever
damo666 (4) - Tom Bombadil, foodcoats, MoscowFleet, Goldfinger0303
bozotheclown (2) - yavuzovic, worcej
summit_fever (1) - flash2015
Fluminator (1) - Vecna
BunnyGo (1) - Hthefourth
Tom Bombadil (1) - bozotheclown
yavuzovic (1) - TrPrado
Unvoted (1) - BunnyGo

Currently it is FOODCOATS that is scheduled.

There are 12 hours and 20 minutes left.

Hellenic Riot, Macca573, rdrivera2005, and seth24c still need to vote.

damo666

#643 Post by damo666 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:41 am

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:33 am
summit_fever wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:45 am
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:08 am
The bozo wagon is very silly. bozo is lord and saviour of weird entrances.

I would sheep bozo because he’s great but Tom’s Taz soft is on balance more likely town, so bozo is likely wrong.

damo gave me a weird vibe and I don’t like unvotes. I fear classing damo too early but he may be scum here.

Summit I think is town for already pointing out bozo’s true meta.

worcej is spamming and I am resisting spamkilling.

Durga put in effort to make multiquotes from multiple authors in the same post but without advancing a major narrative which looks like scum tryharding.

Typical BunnyGo.

goldfinger gets a long leer.

Flum and Vecna seem like Flum and Vecna.

Yavu, HR, Macca, TrPrado and seth I’ve got nothing.

I like hthe for sincerity.

kgray votes me for lurking which is unrepresentative of me. Is that scummy?

Flash feels slightly too active to be townflash.

MoscowFleet should be “Fleet Moscow” or “F Mos” and the technical impossibility is too smarmy for my taste but otherwise seems town.

##VOTE damo666
Not sure what to think about this post; I agree with some of it, but it seems hastily put together.

Do you have a reason for disliking unvotes?

Are you asking if kgray is scummy for her reasoning or that you're scummy for looking quite different day 1 to your last game?

Hopefully we see some more from you.
You can always vote, and you must, so outside of a hammer risk, unvoting is pointless. I’ve always found it looks like reorganizing the furniture or scumfear.

I was asking kgray if she thinks my strategy when drawing scum is to think, “I know what I’ll do, I’ll lurk! They’ll never guess I’m scum that way.”

Be seeing you.
The point of an unvote is to explicitly show you have changed your mind and you may not have made up your mind as to who to vote instead.

To prove this

##unvote

I noticed you crumbing your role #6 so you have saved yourself unless there is a cc.

damo666

#644 Post by damo666 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:44 am

Calling food voters, look for his crumb.

I realise I am putting myself in danger but I'm hopeful those voting me will come to there senses (if town).

damo666

#645 Post by damo666 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:49 am

It is possible food is bluffing, if so could the real role throw out a hint.

@food if your crumb is genuine you will of course move your vote away from me.

damo666

#646 Post by damo666 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:50 am

@thefourth do you object to H IV?

bozotheclown

#647 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:55 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:06 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:00 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:15 pm

1) Maybe? I mean, I can check but I’m not digging through the attic or anything.
2) I don’t see how me mentioning I knew almost everyone can be construed as anything tbh. The Taz mention was what it seems on the surface - a comment on the flavor. The google doc in the setup thread had no flavor names and that was the setup I was reviewing so, yeah.
Are you saying you did not read the game setup in this thread to see if there were any updates since the sign up thread?
I mean I looked at it, but the setup in this thread was just a copy and paste of role PMs. I didn’t read all of them, no since the setup was already in place.
I reviewed the document from the sign up thread, and I have trouble believing Tom thought it was sufficient enough that reading the setup at the beginning of the game thread was unnecessary. I am not sure why he would make that claim as scum, though, unless he really is the traitor, which seems unlikely.

In any case, I do not have any strong scum reads to vote for, so I am OK voting for a lurker. My preferred lurker vote is flash, his D1 so far reminds me of M47.

##VOTE flash

damo666

#648 Post by damo666 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:04 am

Worcej or Moscow? That is the question.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#649 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:12 am

kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:25 am
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:11 am
summit_fever wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:00 am

3 of these reads have at least 7 times the posts compared to the other. Why is HR a townread based on five posts?
Ah, the bold one. Quality surpasses quantity. He points out hypocrisies that I agree with. For the most part he started new lines of questioning that were both pertinent and non-shallow.
This is nonsense.

What was "quality" about his weird questioning of how many times Tom would say it had been a while since he'd played with Moscow?

What hypocrisies are you agreeing with? That Durga seemed against killing lurkers in another thread but here is supporting it? I don't see how you can townread Durga while also agreeing with that "hypocrisy."

What new lines of pertinent, non-shallow questioning did he start? The one where he asked if anyone had a reason to vote for food besides the fact that he'd been lurking? That was an incredibly pointless question that had already been asked by Bunny, so it was neither new nor pertinent.

The one contribution from HR that I agreed with was his questioning about why food only mentioned me when bringing up people on his wagon. But that comment is not enough for me to townread him and it's certainly not enough for me to understand why you're so confident in your read.
This is town Kgray. And lazy Gold, maybe scum Gold.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#650 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:18 am

Durga wrote:
Difference between joking around, and pretending to be useful but actually just not being that.

Not saying you're not useful, I'm definitely currently leaning town on you, but I'm gonna call out the exercise for what it is: an easy way for scum to look engaged with out providing reasoning.

My shit posting isn't an attempt to make me look useful or townie so it's acceptable :)
You are deliberately ignoring two things:
- most people gave reasons for his reads;
- a lot of people was questioned on his reads (see Gold for example).

This gives more info then most discussions around and I fail to see why you are dismissing it.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#651 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:31 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:05 am
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:00 am

Okay, maybe confident wasn't a good word choice. But you defended your read pretty strongly and I'm really not buying any of your reasons, so that makes me question it even more.

Can you point me to which of his posts you think were quality, pointed out hypocrisies that you agreed with, or started pertinent and non-shallow lines of questioning? I don't care if you go line-by-line, I just want to know what you think is specifically townie. I never said he was posting the worst crap, but you said very complimentary things about his posts which I'm not seeing.

I'm not attacking Macca because (1) all he said is HR's seeming very townie, which is a lot less specific than what you're claiming you've seen from HR's posts, and (2) because Tom had already asked Macca about his read by the time I saw it.

And I'm very sorry about your dog.
I'm failing to understand the problem. Would you have preferred I weakly defended my reads? Also of course Maccas reasoning is less specific - he hasn't answered the follow-up yet. I think you also misread my last line. I said others posted *worse* crap, not put words in your mouth.

But let's go line-by-line on HRs posts for you. Bear in mind that this exercise will make it *seem* like HR is a stronger townread for me than he is.

1) First post. Pointed sarcasm at worcej for mentioning mass-claims if that's what he wants to avoid. Pretty NAI, but look at the other posts on that page. Emojis and #get rekts. And it's the best response to worcej's post, in comparison to summit, Flum and Vecna, who joke and discuss the massclaim respectively. I could stroke HRs ego a bit here and just write it off as him being more intelligent, I suppose. Funnily, you defended this post of his when someone else questioned it.

2) Second post. This is the least valuable one. Mentions a connection repeatedly brought up between Tom and Moscow. Not much else to say here.

3&4) Points out Durgas stance is hypocritical, and keeps it pointed on Durga when Flum dives in off topic. I think this is legit and not something I would've noticed. Ignoring Flum and preventing it from getting sidetracked seems very towny to me.

5) I think its a legit hypocrisy he points out that foodcoats said flash is too active, when flash only had 5 posts. And it's pertinent that he says foodcoats only mentioned you, when other people had similar sentiments. Again, looking for and drawing connections between players. Who is he addressing, who is he leaving out by omission.

One weak post, the others impressionable enough for me to remember them after reading through the whole thread and trying to recollect everything to name names. Nothing scummy. Nothing fluff. Nothing out of character. That's good enough for a town-lean halfway through D1.
Ok, I retract my comment on lazy Gold. Angry Gold is more townier.

foodcoats

#652 Post by foodcoats » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:35 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:12 am
kgray wrote:
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:11 am

Ah, the bold one. Quality surpasses quantity. He points out hypocrisies that I agree with. For the most part he started new lines of questioning that were both pertinent and non-shallow.
This is nonsense.

What was "quality" about his weird questioning of how many times Tom would say it had been a while since he'd played with Moscow?

What hypocrisies are you agreeing with? That Durga seemed against killing lurkers in another thread but here is supporting it? I don't see how you can townread Durga while also agreeing with that "hypocrisy."

What new lines of pertinent, non-shallow questioning did he start? The one where he asked if anyone had a reason to vote for food besides the fact that he'd been lurking? That was an incredibly pointless question that had already been asked by Bunny, so it was neither new nor pertinent.

The one contribution from HR that I agreed with was his questioning about why food only mentioned me when bringing up people on his wagon. But that comment is not enough for me to townread him and it's certainly not enough for me to understand why you're so confident in your read.
Kgray is entirely capable of looking very, very townie as scum. I’m not proposing you vote for kgray but it’s worth remaining skeptical of a skilled player.

TheMadMonarch

#653 Post by TheMadMonarch » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:36 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:49 am
Macca573 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:41 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:18 am
Also, Hellenic Riot is an interesting townread considering his lack of volume. Can you say specifically what you find towny about his posts Macca?
He hasn't said much, but what he has said has seemed good.

He therefore has a higher rate of value then many of the other high posters.

Simply,
Quality over Quantity
Were you intentionally quoting goldfinger here?
I may have remembered his words when I was typing this up, but I had this idea independently.

TheMadMonarch

#654 Post by TheMadMonarch » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:37 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:21 am
Macca573 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:41 am

When was this defense to which you refer?
I was referring to your responses to durga and TrPrado in p.5, rdrivera on p.10 and your big response on p.27. I skimmed the first few pages, and on first pass thought your responses and activity were related to summits vote. On re-read though, it's not as bad and appears as though you completely ignored it.

I hereby upgrade you from "extremely defensive" to "only talks about themselves". Congrats!
Yay?

foodcoats

#655 Post by foodcoats » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:37 am

Rdr, do you think that people who write a lot are more likely to be town? What SPECIFICALLY in those massive walls by gold and kgray makes you think they’re town? Or do you think a volumetric heuristic is valid? Or are YOU lazy scum?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#656 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:38 am

damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:44 am
Calling food voters, look for his crumb.

I realise I am putting myself in danger but I'm hopeful those voting me will come to there senses (if town).
I am not a food voter but I was happy with him being the top wagon. And I am not seeing what you are seeing.

But I like one of your suggestions.

##vote Moscow

bozotheclown

#657 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:39 am

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:37 am
Rdr, do you think that people who write a lot are more likely to be town? What SPECIFICALLY in those massive walls by gold and kgray makes you think they’re town? Or do you think a volumetric heuristic is valid? Or are YOU lazy scum?
Did you crumb your role as damo claims?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#658 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:39 am

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:35 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:12 am
kgray wrote:

This is nonsense.

Kgray is entirely capable of looking very, very townie as scum. I’m not proposing you vote for kgray but it’s worth remaining skeptical of a skilled player.
Agree and I even told this to Vecna before. But I feel her a lot more organic then last game were she was scum.

TheMadMonarch

#659 Post by TheMadMonarch » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:43 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:39 am
foodcoats wrote:
Did you crumb your role as damo claims?
Crumbs and claims? Am I missing something?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#660 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:45 am

foodcoats wrote:
I am lazy town.

And, no, I don't think writing big walls of text is more towny then scummy. But I liked the content from both walls.
I have the same feeling about the HR inclusion on the list because I hardly remember an HR post this game. And I liked the Gold answer, he didn't hedge or try to divert. Not enough to put him on my toen list but enough for not want to kill him D1.

More then I can say about you....