M59 - Duck Season? - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Durga

Re: M59 - Duck Season? - Game Thread

#601 Post by Durga » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:37 am

kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:30 am
summit_fever wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:29 am
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:11 am

Ah, the bold one. Quality surpasses quantity. He points out hypocrisies that I agree with. For the most part he started new lines of questioning that were both pertinent and non-shallow.
This seems fair, though I still think it a stretch to create a top four townread off of five posts.

Do you think my boldness is scum indicative?
Wait, what? That answer was good enough for you?
I also thought it was a decent answer FWIW.

Any thoughts on bunny, kgray? I don't remember him shitposting so much as town last time. I'm actually getting a bit skeptical now

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#602 Post by goldfinger0303 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:39 am

kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:25 am
goldfinger0303 wrote:
summit_fever wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:00 am

3 of these reads have at least 7 times the posts compared to the other. Why is HR a townread based on five posts?
Ah, the bold one. Quality surpasses quantity. He points out hypocrisies that I agree with. For the most part he started new lines of questioning that were both pertinent and non-shallow.
This is nonsense.
Who said I'm confident? Don't put words in my mouth. Bugs wants 4 names, so I gave him the 4 I had feelings on after reading the thread. They're D1 reads, so I don't exactly put a ton of faith in them. Most people I don't have feelings on either way.

Funny that the only comment you agree with HR on is the one that relates to you. And I believe Macca put HR too. Am I missing your attack post on him? No, just me? Cool.

If you want to go line-by-line on the quality of HR's posts, fine. I can bring up examples of 15 other players posting worse crap no problem.

Durga

#603 Post by Durga » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:41 am

Goldeen feels very rage-y. I don't know how to read it. Personal issues I guess?

summit_fever

#604 Post by summit_fever » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:41 am

kgray wrote:
summit_fever wrote:
goldfinger0303 wrote:

This seems fair, though I still think it a stretch to create a top four townread off of five posts.

I said it was fair.

Let's put it this way. If we wanted to murder a lurker, I wouldn't pick HR as a top choice currently.

I'm not sure what to make of gold, except that I believe him in that his post output is not a function of his alignment. Do you think it more likely HR gets chosen as a top town read by scum!gold or town!gold?

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#605 Post by goldfinger0303 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:43 am

Summit, I wouldn't say scum-indicative necessarily. I'm trying to not categorize people playing off-meta like that automatically after the yoyo cop debacle. I know town!summit, and you didn't play like this then. Maybe you've simply improved, I don't know. We'll see as the game plays out.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#606 Post by goldfinger0303 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:43 am

Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:41 am
Goldeen feels very rage-y. I don't know how to read it. Personal issues I guess?
I'm working at 1am and have to kill my dog this week. What do you think

summit_fever

#607 Post by summit_fever » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:53 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:43 am
Summit, I wouldn't say scum-indicative necessarily. I'm trying to not categorize people playing off-meta like that automatically after the yoyo cop debacle. I know town!summit, and you didn't play like this then. Maybe you've simply improved, I don't know. We'll see as the game plays out.
Haven't you played just one day with me...when you were scum as well?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#608 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:53 am

Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:37 am
kgray wrote:
summit_fever wrote:

I also thought it was a decent answer FWIW.

Any thoughts on bunny, kgray? I don't remember him shitposting so much as town last time. I'm actually getting a bit skeptical now
I generally tend to scumread Bunny for weird inconsistencies (like the "Flum not understanding Bunny's comment to goldfinger about the bot" interaction in this game), and the only game where we've both been town I tunneled him like crazy and led his D1 miskill because I thought he was posting a bunch without actually contributing. So I'm also skeptical but am trying to keep an open mind, because a lot of things I think are scummy from Bunny are really just NAI.

I think his tone and the shitposting are just how he is. I think the way he handled Tom's Taz mention is probably townie, although I can't shake the feeling that scum!Bunny might have thought the reference was so obvious that someone would bring it up anyway, and he wanted to get credit for it.

hthefourth

#609 Post by hthefourth » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:56 am

Town picks:
- Vecna, who writes "Theres a bunch of players that have wildly deteriotating capability to talk a convincing storm as scum though." Despite this warning, Vecna has come up with a lot of relaxed banter, seems a townie to me.
- TrPrado has pushed dialogue forward with a lot of questions and has also seemed pretty chilled while doing it.
--Durga is inserting herself into an awful lot of conversations and also asking good questions. She's also ventured a lot of opinions already, which seems a good sign to me.
--rdrivera is consistently giving reasons for his opinions and suspicions.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#610 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:00 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:39 am
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:25 am
goldfinger0303 wrote:

This is nonsense.
Who said I'm confident? Don't put words in my mouth. Bugs wants 4 names, so I gave him the 4 I had feelings on after reading the thread. They're D1 reads, so I don't exactly put a ton of faith in them. Most people I don't have feelings on either way.

Funny that the only comment you agree with HR on is the one that relates to you. And I believe Macca put HR too. Am I missing your attack post on him? No, just me? Cool.

If you want to go line-by-line on the quality of HR's posts, fine. I can bring up examples of 15 other players posting worse crap no problem.
Okay, maybe confident wasn't a good word choice. But you defended your read pretty strongly and I'm really not buying any of your reasons, so that makes me question it even more.

Can you point me to which of his posts you think were quality, pointed out hypocrisies that you agreed with, or started pertinent and non-shallow lines of questioning? I don't care if you go line-by-line, I just want to know what you think is specifically townie. I never said he was posting the worst crap, but you said very complimentary things about his posts which I'm not seeing.

I'm not attacking Macca because (1) all he said is HR's seeming very townie, which is a lot less specific than what you're claiming you've seen from HR's posts, and (2) because Tom had already asked Macca about his read by the time I saw it.

And I'm very sorry about your dog.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#611 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:04 am

summit_fever wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:41 am
kgray wrote:
summit_fever wrote:

I said it was fair.

Let's put it this way. If we wanted to murder a lurker, I wouldn't pick HR as a top choice currently.

I'm not sure what to make of gold, except that I believe him in that his post output is not a function of his alignment. Do you think it more likely HR gets chosen as a top town read by scum!gold or town!gold?
My point isn't that I think we should kill HR or that I think HR is scum. My point is that HR's posting has been NAI at best, and when gold gave specific reasons that he thinks HR is town and I didn't agree with any of them, I'm seriously questioning where he's getting his read from.

I don't know if I think this is more indicative of scum!gold or town!gold. I'll see what he says about which posts of HR's were townie to him. As of right now, I definitely think this could be a case of gold having too much information and already knowing HR is town.

seth24c

#612 Post by seth24c » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:19 am

Durga wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:35 pm
seth24c wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:04 pm
Alright somewhat caught up now, thanks Bunny/Bozo for making it so hard to tell the difference between your posts. I think the only difference is whether a youtube link is included. That said, I am not sure why the multiple back to back votes by bozo was a thing, that felt a little off to me.
Do you think it was scummy? Why?
I would say it definitely didn't feel town to me at first glance. I didn't know how it would benefit either town or scum so I was interested to hear others thoughts. It sounds like the general consensus is that Bozo often makes weird entrances and therefor NAI for him. Unless I see more suspicious behavior from him I don't plan to push it at this point.

seth24c

#613 Post by seth24c » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:40 am

summit_fever wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:24 pm
seth24c wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:04 pm
Alright somewhat caught up now, thanks Bunny/Bozo for making it so hard to tell the difference between your posts. I think the only difference is whether a youtube link is included. That said, I am not sure why the multiple back to back votes by bozo was a thing, that felt a little off to me.
I don't think I like this post.

Why is it hard to tell the difference between bozo and bunny?
My intended tone fell flat through text. Both were high volume posters with a name that starts with B. So in some cases I had to take a second look at usernames to see who I was reading at that moment. The youtube comment should have clarified the joke since Bunny had been generous with the links.

seth24c

#614 Post by seth24c » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:41 am

kgray wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:24 pm
summit_fever wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:22 pm
MoscowFleet wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:12 pm
Ah, bozo. Full disclosure to all, I am totally down to off bozo on principle if people are interested. I don't care if I go next, still worth it.
This would be a horrible thing to do. I'd much rather principle-murder the low posters.
Agreed, no chance I'm voting bozo today.
Is this because you townread him or just because you feel he is a strong player?

seth24c

#615 Post by seth24c » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:59 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:47 am
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:26 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:13 am

Thoughts on Seth so far?
I had no thoughts on seth, so I ISOd him, and I still have very few thoughts on seth. He hasn't really posted any of his own ideas/opinions and has asked a few people some general questions, which I think could be scum trying to hide. But at the same time he also seems relatively comfortable, which makes me think not scum. So null.
How was he last game on your team?
Bunny did you get a little offended that I had a hard time telling you and Bozo apart? You just had to confuse me with someone. ;)

Fluminator

#616 Post by Fluminator » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:06 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:51 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:29 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:18 am

How about top for town?

Right now mine are:

Flum, Vecna, TRPrado, Rdr
What are your reasons for these townreads?
But the point is EVERYONE name top 4 reads. I don’t care if reasons aren’t given or not. I’m dumb like that.
Is this so scum can figure out who they should nightkill? What's the point if there's no reason given.

I think Goldy has a town PM.
I like Seth's and Summit's vibes so far. It could be I'm very unfamiliar with them and not paranoid enough of their skills.
I can never read Bozo but I liked his opening and the reaction towards it makes me lean town.

I'm going to assume Vecna and Tom are town for at least today.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#617 Post by goldfinger0303 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:08 am

summit_fever wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:53 am
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:43 am
Haven't you played just one day with me...when you were scum as well?
I thought it might have been two games, but maybe it's just the one. Regardless, I'm still comparing D1 play to D1 play, and there's a difference. That's all for now.

Fluminator

#618 Post by Fluminator » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:08 am

Macca573 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:15 am
4. Flum. They seem to doing something.
:thumbsup:

seth24c

#619 Post by seth24c » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:14 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:49 am
Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:41 am
Why is everyone listing four town reads. This is spam unless you have something substantive to say about them.
No, it´s not. It forces scum to state opinions (or to avoid it, which is also indicative).
While I don't think it is spam I do feel that forcing everyone to give reads may give us less information on scum who would have avoided/been uncomfortable posting reads naturally. This seems like it would make it easier for them to blend in with just the generic 4 reads and done.

Fluminator

#620 Post by Fluminator » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:19 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:59 am
Running top 4 townread results:

Bunny's: Flum, Vecna, TRPrado, Rdr
kgray's: summit, Vecna, worcej, Tom
rdrivera's: kgray, summit, Vecna, Bunny
bozotheclown's: Fluminator, rdrivera, TrPrado, summit
Tom Bombadil's: Vecna, hthefourth, Moscow, <none>
Macca573's: Bozo, Hellenic Riot, TrPrado, Flum
summit_fever's: bozo, bunny, flum, vecna
I was skeptical of your thing at first bunny but it actually generated discussion! And now I just have to pretend to be competent a little while longer so I can get nightkilled right away and go back to playing Divinity 2.