Mafia 57 Matrix

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: Mafia 57 Matrix

#3621 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:30 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:12 pm
Hi Jamie, sorry that you are so agitated, you are correct in that I have no excuses lol
How come you didn't post for the entire phase, and then the moment I come in and endvote you, you suddenly have something to say?

Scum. Obvious scum.

e.m.c^42

#3622 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:30 pm

I'm struck with the tinfoil that the scum isn't in our lurky/sub players but in more active posters like Tom, due to how lost the former seem to be and how...not lost the latter are despite circumstances.

e.m.c^42

#3623 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:32 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:30 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:12 pm
Hi Jamie, sorry that you are so agitated, you are correct in that I have no excuses lol
How come you didn't post for the entire phase, and then the moment I come in and endvote you, you suddenly have something to say?

Scum. Obvious scum.
Recently, I have reminder set up for last 5/6 hours before phase end in case, like I did lmao

Jamiet99uk

#3624 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:32 pm

Do NOT let EMC get off the hook here.

Do NOT let HR have a sudden "change of mind" and save him for a third time.

Lynch this tomato.

Jamiet99uk

#3625 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:33 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:32 pm
Do NOT let EMC get off the hook here.

Do NOT let HR have a sudden "change of mind" and save him for a third time.

Vote out this tomato.
Sorry. EBWOP.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3626 Post by Hamilton Brian » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:34 pm

@EMC, care to run that Jamie angle together? With what would you start? Vote count? Interactions with their wagons? I’ve got some time but I just need a focus.

e.m.c^42

#3627 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:49 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:34 pm
@EMC, care to run that Jamie angle together? With what would you start? Vote count? Interactions with their wagons? I’ve got some time but I just need a focus.
The problem is, just about all my cases and reads are meta-based, and since no one else has really pinged anything as different from Jamie I don't know if I'm just misreading somewhere.

But I guess I'll build on previous reads and make em more detailed

Ezio

#3628 Post by Ezio » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:01 pm

I'm gonna ##vote Foxcastle.

This is because I townread everyone on the wagon. It's shocking a priori that Ghug was wrong so much this game, but I believe that ppl were just scummy.

Tom looks like Tom does. I always townread him. When his townreads line up with my own, I feel very good.

IIRC Goldie was a much more lurky scum than he's been this game.

As for the actual EMC for Foxcastle, Foxcastle should have done much more by now than he has. I expect this play from EMC, not Fox.

Jamiet's play still strikes me as scummy.

BismarckAlive is my biggest townread by far though. Idk who he is, but he's gotta be town. I'd love to see him hop onto the Foxcastle wagon as well to give me a much better feeling about this whole thing.

e.m.c^42

#3629 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:19 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:49 pm
But I guess I'll build on previous reads and make em more detailed
I have some reason to believe that Jamie's scumread and anger at me is played up to recall his town aggressiveness, and not all that genuine. He's mimicking Bungo's points, which he didn't really engage with when they were being made the first time around. If these are his actual thoughts why did he wait until now?

Objectively speaking I am not the most absent player this game, nor the more lurky-meta prone player, yet he doesn't get pissy at the others.

His scumread is valid enough in a general sense, considering it's based off of the logic that I've been, well, not here. However some parts don't really match up to what I know he knows of my meta. Activity is near NAI and I'm almost always calm. My reads are always soft and not absolute. These are pretty consistent things that I think anyone who's played more than a few games with me would know.

e.m.c^42

#3630 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:23 pm

HB is probably my strongest townread at this point, the previous reasons of meta-difference in assertiveness combined with the fact that he's trying at this time (where for scum, it's likely easier to coast), as well as how the progression of his thoughts and what he's willing to engage looks natural.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3631 Post by ghug » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:32 pm

Ezio wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:01 pm
I'm gonna ##vote Foxcastle.

This is because I townread everyone on the wagon. It's shocking a priori that Ghug was wrong so much this game, but I believe that ppl were just scummy.

Tom looks like Tom does. I always townread him. When his townreads line up with my own, I feel very good.

IIRC Goldie was a much more lurky scum than he's been this game.

As for the actual EMC for Foxcastle, Foxcastle should have done much more by now than he has. I expect this play from EMC, not Fox.

Jamiet's play still strikes me as scummy.

BismarckAlive is my biggest townread by far though. Idk who he is, but he's gotta be town. I'd love to see him hop onto the Foxcastle wagon as well to give me a much better feeling about this whole thing.
Have you read the whole game now?

What do you make of bo's play?

e.m.c^42

#3632 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:33 pm

As for Foxc. I'm under the impression that he has two main methods of playing scum - one of which is to lurk to kingdom come and spew spreadsheets, the other to be oddly confident and to push 'scumreads' as a middling town leader. He may or may not be more prone to algorithm based actions (policy, VCA, mechs, all the spreadsheet-able stuff etc...) as well, but there's not enough recent games to say.

At first, I townread him on the basis of his play being neither confident or overly lurky, as well as him passing on the opportunity to generate empty activity from spreadsheet discussion, which I'm pretty certain he would've taken as scum.

However, his slowly increasing absence from the game kind of takes it away.

Foxcastle

#3633 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:39 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:00 pm
With town's goal to be trying to coalesce on a reasonable suspect, I would expect there to be greater discussion.

Why aren't EMC and Foxcastle making an impassioned plea about why they aren't suitable wagons? Because they both are? With 5 hours to go, there's nothing.

Why aren't the replacements putting in anything? Because they're scum too?

Is Jamie scum? They've played a very engaged game up until the past 2 days, but to go quiet now?

I know I'm just throwing darts in random directions. I'm not seeing anything outstandingly suspicious in words, and the conflicts between players aren't really revealing anything to me.
Well, as I said, I've been busy and I am trying to get far enough ahead on my job to spend the next several hours playing the game. Also, Bunny's win kinda clocked the game for me. I know we still have our win condition open, but I seem to be reacting like "someone won, it wasn't me, therefore I lost, therefore the game is over" anyway.

Also, do you really think either EMC or myself can make any plea that will swing town's opinion? We're the two easiest people to kill here, which is presumably why we've been pushed for several days now.

Foxcastle

#3634 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:43 pm

Ezio wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:01 pm
I have been active up until now because I have had time to play during the day. I can't control my work assignments since Monday, and I certainly can't tell my boss that things are going to be late because I have a forum game to play.

Foxcastle

#3635 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:45 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:33 pm
As for Foxc. I'm under the impression that he has two main methods of playing scum - one of which is to lurk to kingdom come and spew spreadsheets, the other to be oddly confident and to push 'scumreads' as a middling town leader. He may or may not be more prone to algorithm based actions (policy, VCA, mechs, all the spreadsheet-able stuff etc...) as well, but there's not enough recent games to say.

At first, I townread him on the basis of his play being neither confident or overly lurky, as well as him passing on the opportunity to generate empty activity from spreadsheet discussion, which I'm pretty certain he would've taken as scum.

I try not to devolve to Jamiet's level is disparaging you, EMC, but you sometimes make that really hard.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3636 Post by ghug » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:47 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:39 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
With town's goal to be trying to coalesce on a reasonable suspect, I would expect there to be greater discussion.

Why aren't EMC and Foxcastle making an impassioned plea about why they aren't suitable wagons? Because they both are? With 5 hours to go, there's nothing.

Is Jamie scum? They've played a very engaged game up until the past 2 days, but to go quiet now?

I know I'm just throwing darts in random directions. I'm not seeing anything outstandingly suspicious in words, and the conflicts between players aren't really revealing anything to me.
Well, as I said, I've been busy and I am trying to get far enough ahead on my job to spend the next several hours playing the game. Also, Bunny's win kinda clocked the game for me. I know we still have our win condition open, but I seem to be reacting like "someone won, it wasn't me, therefore I lost, therefore the game is over" anyway.

Also, do you really think either EMC or myself can make any plea that will swing town's opinion? We're the two easiest people to kill here, which is presumably why we've been pushed for several days now.
What makes you easy to kill, to your mind? I haven't been able to get meaningful traction on you until today.

Foxcastle

#3637 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:51 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:47 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:39 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:

What makes you easy to kill, to your mind? I haven't been able to get meaningful traction on you until today.
Dunno, people read me as scummy no matter my alignment. It has been a constant trend in previous games. I keep thinking that eventually people will accept it as a baseline meta, but nope.

Foxcastle

#3638 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:52 pm

Am I misreading that today is MiLo?

e.m.c^42

#3639 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:56 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:45 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:33 pm

I try not to devolve to Jamiet's level is disparaging you, EMC, but you sometimes make that really hard.
Er, do you disagree with my (admittedly shrunken to tiny) townread on you?

e.m.c^42

#3640 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:01 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:51 pm
Dunno, people read me as scummy no matter my alignment. It has been a constant trend in previous games. I keep thinking that eventually people will accept it as a baseline meta, but nope.
Not quite true, iirc some games after that game we were scum together people townread you correctly. What's so foolish with what I wrote on you? I'll never learn if you don't provide details.