M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

#261 Post by kgray » Wed May 20, 2020 4:05 pm

@rdr, worcej, tom, etc:

I don't care at all if xorxes doesn't remember details from other games. If he'd forgotten which game I was scum in, or who my teammates were, or any details about a previous game, then I don't think there would be any questions about his motives. But he said I'm towny because I play differently as scum, when I've never been scum and he has no reason to think that.

Maybe he just made an assumption, but in that case why wouldn't he have just said that? If he thinks, in general, people have fewer opinions as scum, why would he need to reference this nonexistent scum!kgray game at all? Tom thinks scum!xorxes would be more careful, but I actually think town!xorxes would be more careful - not about what he remembers from past games, but for his reasons to townread or scumread someone. He's all about solving, and using nonexistant evidence is the opposite of solving.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#262 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed May 20, 2020 4:07 pm

I think bozo is very likely town. His observation about rdrivera voting but not necessarily wanting to be attached to the wagon, as well as question kgray about potentially hearing info about me in scumchat both seem like genuine town hunting. I don’t think scum bozo would latch on to the idea that kgray May have spilled something she learned in her scum chat

summit_fever

#263 Post by summit_fever » Wed May 20, 2020 4:16 pm

Worcej's troll reads, for posterity.

EMC:NAI
Neph: TOWN
Chaqa: SCUM --> TOWN
Tom: TOWN
Damo: NAI --> SCUM
Rdr: NAI
Kgray: SCUM
Food: NAI
Xorxes: NAI
Summit: SCUM
Bozo: SCUM

Votes Xorxes using similar logic to Xorxes' vote on Nephthys, though granted footcoats looks townish whereas with Chaqa it was very early. His vote involves a lot of hedging as well. Perhaps this is where scumchat starts to see a day 1 mislynching of Xorxes as a real possibility.

##vote worcej

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#264 Post by kgray » Wed May 20, 2020 4:24 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:41 pm
Food, I'll reward your excellent reads from last game with this.

##vote xorxes

I stand by my opinion your case is too strong this early. However, the people who have showed up to defend xorxes specifically make it interesting to examine after we see his flip.
Do you scumread xorxes at all? Or is this entirely because food had good reads in previous games and you think xorxes is a good info flip?

Jamiet99uk

#265 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 20, 2020 4:35 pm

VOTE COUNT 1.7

xorxes(3) - foodcoats, bozotheclown, worcej
damo666(2) - kgray, Chaqa
bozotheclown(2) - damo666, rdrivera2005
worcej(2) - Nephthys*, Summit_fever
foodcoats(1) - xorxes
summit_fever(1) - Tom Bombadil

XORXES is set to be lynched.

4 hours and 25 minutes are left in Day One.

EMC still needs to vote.
Everyone has met the posting requirement.

summit_fever

#266 Post by summit_fever » Wed May 20, 2020 4:52 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:02 pm
Thank you, summit.

What are your reads on the other players? Is there anyone who strikes you as particular scummy or townie so far? Who will you vote for?
town reads:

kgray/chaqa/food/bozo/Tom

neutral:

rdrivera/xorxes/emc/nephthys

scummy:

worcej/damo

damo666

#267 Post by damo666 » Wed May 20, 2020 5:01 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:24 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:42 pm
I think food's analysis of Xorxes is genuine and I therefore townread food.

I think Tom's critique of food's analysis sounds as if it is townbased so I am also townreading Tom.

As for Xorxes's actual alignment I'm gonna sit on the fence for the time being.

I still think Bozo is the best lynch today.

All others have gone a bit quiet.

Hello?
Do you agree with my analysis of xorxes? Do you think xorxes is more likely to be town despite his strange behaviour?

Can you explain your case against bozo? You previously indicated suspicion at his use of quotes without context, but bozo 1) does something strange at the beginning of nearly every game and 2) has now moved onto a pretty standard questioning tack. bozo does not seem out of sorts to me, but perhaps I've missed something.
I agree with your analysis of Xorxes but not necessarily your conclusion. Xorxes' lacks bozo's industry in researching previous games and his memory may just have been faulty. You have a case of sorts but I don't think it's particularly strong.

My bozo vote was based on his early posts with the quotes and no commentary but as you rightly say and as summit has also pointed out he has moved up a gear. I just have a feeling bozo may have latched on to your analysis to try and drive a Xorxes lynch. I am pretty confident they are not both scum and they could both be town.

My vote is staying on bozo chiefly because I'm not sure who else to vote for.

damo666

#268 Post by damo666 » Wed May 20, 2020 5:03 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:32 pm
damo666 wrote:

I think Tom's critique of food's analysis sounds as if it is townbased so I am also townreading Tom.

Hello?
Everything about this post just makes me double-down on the xorx-damo scum axis.
Really? Everything? Reread.

damo666

#269 Post by damo666 » Wed May 20, 2020 5:05 pm

summit_fever wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:44 pm
damo666 wrote:

Hello?
Can you explain why you'd like to lynch Bozo? The walls with no additional commentary? Bozo seems to have stepped up recently.
see my recent response to food

foodcoats

#270 Post by foodcoats » Wed May 20, 2020 5:08 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:01 pm
foodcoats wrote:
damo666 wrote:

Hello?
Do you agree with my analysis of xorxes? Do you think xorxes is more likely to be town despite his strange behaviour?

Can you explain your case against bozo? You previously indicated suspicion at his use of quotes without context, but bozo 1) does something strange at the beginning of nearly every game and 2) has now moved onto a pretty standard questioning tack. bozo does not seem out of sorts to me, but perhaps I've missed something.
I agree with your analysis of Xorxes but not necessarily your conclusion. Xorxes' lacks bozo's industry in researching previous games and his memory may just have been faulty. You have a case of sorts but I don't think it's particularly strong.

My bozo vote was based on his early posts with the quotes and no commentary but as you rightly say and as summit has also pointed out he has moved up a gear. I just have a feeling bozo may have latched on to your analysis to try and drive a Xorxes lynch. I am pretty confident they are not both scum and they could both be town.

How can you agree with my analysis of xorxes when you are confusing my arguments with those made by kgray?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#271 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed May 20, 2020 5:13 pm

I will not vote for bozo, xorxes, kgray, or food today
I

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#272 Post by kgray » Wed May 20, 2020 5:17 pm

damo666 wrote:
foodcoats wrote:

Food's case on xorxes has nothing to do with xorxes not remembering previous games. Did you decide to also not read what food posts until someone says it's important? Here: it's important.

damo666

#273 Post by damo666 » Wed May 20, 2020 5:20 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:08 pm
damo666 wrote:
foodcoats wrote:

How can you agree with my analysis of xorxes when you are confusing my arguments with those made by kgray?
You're right I confused the 2 cases. Apologies.

On a reread your case carries weight as does Tom's counter. I woobling on that fence in a scumwards direction but that means my scumread of bozo weakens.

I would now actually like to unvote but as that is not allowed I will

##vote Neph. What's this endvote all about? Where are you?

damo666

#274 Post by damo666 » Wed May 20, 2020 5:21 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:17 pm
damo666 wrote:
foodcoats wrote:

Food's case on xorxes has nothing to do with xorxes not remembering previous games. Did you decide to also not read what food posts until someone says it's important? Here: it's important.
Very funny. I've addressed this.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#275 Post by Chaqa » Wed May 20, 2020 5:22 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:13 pm
I
So, you think Food and Bozo are town, but disagree with their (town!) reads/belief that xorx is scum? If that's the case, on what basis do you town read them? Kgray also I think is suspicious of xorx.

if xorx flips town, this post will strike me as very suspicious. I'll keep it in mind and I'm not quite understanding your reasoning.

damo666

#276 Post by damo666 » Wed May 20, 2020 5:30 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:22 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
I
So, you think Food and Bozo are town, but disagree with their (town!) reads/belief that xorx is scum? If that's the case, on what basis do you town read them? Kgray also I think is suspicious of xorx.

if xorx flips town, this post will strike me as very suspicious. I'll keep it in mind and I'm not quite understanding your reasoning.
I think the key word you're missing @Chaqa is 'today'

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#277 Post by Chaqa » Wed May 20, 2020 5:35 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:30 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
I

I think the key word you're missing @Chaqa is 'today'
That just seems like Tom is hedging. Meanwhile he's voting for summit, on a wagon he KNOWS won't go anywhere.

Seems like lazyscum to me.

bozotheclown

#278 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 20, 2020 5:36 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:42 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:57 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:17 am

The first post I was still expecting you might make an actual post about the quotes. Then you cast a vote that I don't like, specially the reasoning.
I can follow Food push on Xorxes, as Xorxes answer to Food wasn't what I expect (I expect he will say it was a joke). But your reasoning is forced, I don't see why misremembering Kgray alignments is scum indicative for Xorxes and he puts a lot of effort as scum as we saw two (or three)games ago.
I gave 2 specific reasons for voting for xorxes, the first was the points foodcoats made, which you do not seem to have a problem with. As for the second reason, did you see my follow up posts? xorxes did not just misremember something about kgray's alignment, he cited how kgray played as scum in a past game as a reason to town read her this game, which seems more like a fabrication.

When you voted for me you did not give any specific reasons why you did not like my vote for xorxes. Can you explain what you think is scum lindicative about the 3 reasons you did give:
1. seem as "town who doesn't fear to push Xorxes"
2. the quotes
3. overall behavior

1- I said it already, your push on Xorxes looks like something scum will do to seems hunting. The reasoning seems forced to me (sorry you don't like this word). And you said "foodcoats has some good points", but didn't said which points. This kind of vague agreement also enters in a zone that I find scummy.
2- It's filler and make the thread harder to read.
3- I don't like the pushes you are doing. On Xorxes. On me (you questioned two townreads on me, without reasoning). You are questioning Kgray about Tom when I think you two where in a game where we discussed that Tom trick (and seems you didn't learn anything after least game D1). So, I wonder if it's more likely town Bozo wil play this way or scum Bozo and I find more likely scum Bozo.
foodcoats has made his reason for suspecting xorxes clear, I do not need to repeat it to agree with it.

The quotes I referenced from other games speak for themselves if you read them. I wanted them to see how they would be interpreted rather than state my own interpretation. I do not see how they make the thread harder to read, they are easy to ignore if your choose to.

The only reference I could find to Tom in the games kgray has played was from M55:
Nephthys wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:27 pm
xorxes wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:24 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:22 pm

It could be a point in a case but its hella dangerous to base one on
You are free to start somewhere else if you think that's too dangerous.
Coming from the person who correctly posed that Tom may have been faking the greatest play to ever happen on this site I can't fathom how you are so readily accepting this.
kgray has since indicated more detailed knowledge about the game being discussed (M42), but I have no reason to doubt her explanation that she heard about it on Discord.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#279 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed May 20, 2020 5:43 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
I

I'll be honest, I don't know food that well, but I think his case on xorxes is well reasoned - I just disagree with a lot of it. Particularily around the idea that he was revealing that he knew Chaqa's alignment, and I think food is putting too much weight into xorxes first vote.

For bozo, I'm surprised a bit that he is scumreading xorx. But my townread of him is independent of that. My townread of bozo is due to his questioning of kgray and his observation of rdrivera (which he admittedly hasn't pushed since he got wrapped up in this xorxes case).

I'll also freely admit that I don't have a strong townread of xorx. Its a slight townread. I am, and I say this every game, willing to wait a little on xorx because I find he is very useful as town, and tends to be a little easier to catch as scum. Put simply a mislynch of xorx stings more than a mislynch of someone else, so I'll err towards someone else D1 when there is so little to go on.

bozotheclown

#280 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 20, 2020 5:44 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:42 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:57 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:17 am

The first post I was still expecting you might make an actual post about the quotes. Then you cast a vote that I don't like, specially the reasoning.
I can follow Food push on Xorxes, as Xorxes answer to Food wasn't what I expect (I expect he will say it was a joke). But your reasoning is forced, I don't see why misremembering Kgray alignments is scum indicative for Xorxes and he puts a lot of effort as scum as we saw two (or three)games ago.
I gave 2 specific reasons for voting for xorxes, the first was the points foodcoats made, which you do not seem to have a problem with. As for the second reason, did you see my follow up posts? xorxes did not just misremember something about kgray's alignment, he cited how kgray played as scum in a past game as a reason to town read her this game, which seems more like a fabrication.

When you voted for me you did not give any specific reasons why you did not like my vote for xorxes. Can you explain what you think is scum lindicative about the 3 reasons you did give:
1. seem as "town who doesn't fear to push Xorxes"
2. the quotes
3. overall behavior

1- I said it already, your push on Xorxes looks like something scum will do to seems hunting. The reasoning seems forced to me (sorry you don't like this word). And you said "foodcoats has some good points", but didn't said which points. This kind of vague agreement also enters in a zone that I find scummy.
2- It's filler and make the thread harder to read.
3- I don't like the pushes you are doing. On Xorxes. On me (you questioned two townreads on me, without reasoning). You are questioning Kgray about Tom when I think you two where in a game where we discussed that Tom trick (and seems you didn't learn anything after least game D1). So, I wonder if it's more likely town Bozo wil play this way or scum Bozo and I find more likely scum Bozo.
As for questioning 2 town read of you "without reasoning", why do I need to provide a reason to ask them a question about you?
summit_fever wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:02 pm
Hi Everybody!

Good town vibes off of kgray, chaqa and rdr.

Xorxes buddying Chaqa seems possible. Also may have tried buddying me.

Would like to see Bozo post some of his own thoughts.

Damo I just...I can see why you get scumread every game.
damo666 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:38 am
I'll be surprised if there is not at least one scum in food/Xorxes/bozo

Tom and rdr seem pretty towny

Unimpressed with summit's entry.
summit indicated that out of 11 other players, you are one of 3 he thought most likely to be town, and damo indicated you were one of 2 he thought most likely to be town. I wanted to know the reasons they felt this way, since I consider you one of the top possibilities for scum.