M53: Mafia 1 Redux

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: M53: Mafia 1 Redux

#1141 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:37 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:58 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:42 am
I'm starting to get really annoyed that you are painting me a villain. If you take issue with the case I put on you, then tell us what was wrong with it. If you think my case on you had ulterior motives, then call me scum, vote for me, and convince others of that. But dont shade me, paint me as a bad guy, characterize me as someone who delights in your pain. I saw some aspects of your play that were questionable, so I questioned you, I pushed you, I got a conversation going. That's how you play the game.
And yeah, I do have a problem with your case on me. Most parts of it actually. You state my role-play as part of the reason you vote for me. Seems like just a contrived extra reason to me. Then you accuse me of pocketing, although it was really just me agreeing that Neph's Bunny case was bad. Which it was. I made no attempt at pocketing, nor did I remember it existed at that point in time.

And then you blame me for my reads being bad. You say that you would like to townread me based on seeming genuine, but that you can't because my reads are bad? And why would that stop you? Maybe I just, y'know, don't have strong opinions or understand the game well yet. And yet you focus on how bad my reads are and call it scum-indicative. And then tell me to put together a good case as though it's something easy.

Yeah, I do have a problem with your case. It sucks. It assumes that I should have the same level of skill as everyone else and relies on that assumption as its foundation. And you're smart enough to realise that the assumption is wrong. You happy now? FWIW, I consider this pretty well thought out.
Hey, Bob's starting to get the hang of this.

Role playing was one of several reasons I scumread you. In my experience roleplaying has been employed by scum more than town. It's not condemning by any means, but it was a brick in my case against you.

The buddying was another brick, and it wasnt just the Neph/Bunny thing, you agreed with 2 of my posts, the other one being about Xorxes and Vecna. Your posts were agreeing with me and then restating what I said without adding any new insights.

It's okay to have incorrect reads. It's okay to be wrong about something. What is scummy is when you dont commit to your reads. When you hedge, you set yourself up so that you can reverse and backpedal. Your case on me here, this I consider to be a genuine, but incorrect case. It shows you are actually looking into me, questioning me, thinking independently. Theres a logical consistency to them. Your reads before were surface level.

So no, my case didnt require you to be skilled at the game. My case relies on how you have approached the game, how you interact with others, the situations you set yourself into.

brainbomb

#1142 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:38 pm

I guess youll have to.lymch me then. Im all out of usefulness.
such a waste of life really.

and just like my wolf meta ive sat on the sidelines 180ing my reads. chilling. passing out non contentious reads because pot stirring and controversy make people .
think.

the first thing id hope for is a town that shelters themself in the warmth of an easy d1 lynch. feeling great. confident.

felt cute. might kill some town tonight idk

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1143 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:39 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:29 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:23 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:04 pm

It identifies scum. It's early, so it's probably inaccurate right now, but those 5 are the biggest "blind spots". FYI, your current scumscore right now, Flash, is 84.43 (out of 100).
Can you tell me a little about the formula...or is that a proprietary secret? I am kind of disappointed at only getting 84.43 (out of 100)...
100 is basically a null score, but higher scores are more likely to be scum.
I really don't like this spreadsheet thing. I didn't like Kakel's either. Looks like a perfect way to justify a scum read or vote without having to really put a thought on it. A good way for scum to not have to fake reasons to town. You can just claim the spreadsheet was "inaccurate".

Jamiet99uk

#1144 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:40 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:33 pm
so my legitimacy and my posts are not worth rereading until ive adequately refuted the case by Jamiet. A case that claims night hammering is a scum act to trick town, a claim that double voting in eod to bait voters is my lying to save emc, and what else?
The "what else" is the second, middle, part of the case. You are desperate to ignore it.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1145 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:41 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:23 am

Always feel free to ask questions. I may not be as hood as squiggs but I’ll take a shot at explaining
People frequently describe me as "hood". I've got street cred.

brainbomb

#1146 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:42 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:40 pm
brainbomb wrote:
so my legitimacy and my posts are not worth rereading until ive adequately refuted the case by Jamiet. A case that claims night hammering is a scum act to trick town, a claim that double voting in eod to bait voters is my lying to save emc, and what else?
The "what else" is the second, middle, part of the case. You are desperate to ignore it.
Its worded so heavy handedly that there is no living human being who could answer it.

you have no idea why I siggested night hammering. clearly. if you dont understand something there isnt gonna be an explanation you accept.

Jamiet99uk

#1147 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:44 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:42 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
Its worded so heavy handedly that there is no living human being who could answer it.

you have no idea why I siggested night hammering. clearly. if you dont understand something there isnt gonna be an explanation you accept.
The night hammer thing is incidental. It's not the significant issue. The significant issue is how you lied, when questioned about why you fake voted.

Foxcastle

#1148 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:44 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:39 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:29 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:23 pm

Can you tell me a little about the formula...or is that a proprietary secret? I am kind of disappointed at only getting 84.43 (out of 100)...
100 is basically a null score, but higher scores are more likely to be scum.
I really don't like this spreadsheet thing. I didn't like Kakel's either. Looks like a perfect way to justify a scum read or vote without having to really put a thought on it. A good way for scum to not have to fake reasons to town. You can just claim the spreadsheet was "inaccurate".
As opposed to when players make reads or votes without really putting a thought into it and without any justification? You don't need a spreadsheet to be nefarious about it all...

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1149 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:44 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:16 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:02 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:28 pm
Trying to catch up for EOD. Have to pick up kids.

1) I’m fed up with EMC. I policy voted last game and will do again
2) Kalel is scummy scum scum
3) the rest looks noisy to me. Could be anything so far
4) I’m so glad BB is here. I’m surprised I’m saying that.
So this was Bunnys latest reads before switching from emc to a damo wagon. Bunny, why did you vote for damo and not give reasoning when Kalel appeared to be a strong scum read of yours just a few posts before?
I always get kalel wrong. Literally every game. I’ve pushed hard and got a wagon going on him when he was town. I defended him when he was scum.

I thought Vecna seemed solid. And so went to Damo who I had a scummy vibe but like I said “day 1”. I thought EMC was town. I still think kalel is scummy, but don’t trust my read there.
So what would it take for you to vote Kalel? Does he just get a free pass because you cant read him?

Jamiet99uk

#1150 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:45 pm

See how Brainbomb attempts to deflect from my case, to misrepresent it, to dismiss the style not the substance?

I've caught him.

brainbomb

#1151 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:46 pm

for being a person who understands law, and rational debate.

you apply motive to my EOD double vote that im tryinh to save emc. And I agree I was trying to save emc was in my interest. By lymching bunny. not tying the vote.

you say I lied about that. what is there to lie about?

and after that everything else ive said youve altered to fit my scum heuristic plans. everything from night hammering to asking for your sk reads.

and every little thing starts to fit this bias you have.

brainbomb

#1152 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:48 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:44 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:42 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

The night hammer thing is incidental. It's not the significant issue. The significant issue is how you lied, when questioned about why you fake voted.
there was nothing to lie about????
the act of tryinh to save emc is what was scummy.enough.
why does it have to be even more complicated than that..Im not some orwellian psychopath who prefers ties to saving my own guy. Thats literally never my goal as scum. I WANT death as scum.

brainbomb

#1153 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:49 pm

you have to plot out this elaborate nonsensical case that I wanted a tie and not to lynch bunny. makes zero sense whatsoever

Jamiet99uk

#1154 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:50 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:46 pm
for being a person who understands law, and rational debate.

you apply motive to my EOD double vote that im tryinh to save emc. And I agree I was trying to save emc was in my interest. By lymching bunny. not tying the vote.

you say I lied about that. what is there to lie about?

and after that everything else ive said youve altered to fit my scum heuristic plans. everything from night hammering to asking for your sk reads.

and every little thing starts to fit this bias you have.
You continue to miss the point.

Let me spell it out.

When Vecna and I questioned you for your fake vote, you CLAIMED your real reason was to trick people into thinking that a runaway wagon was forming on BunnyGo.

Correct? Is that or is that not what you claimed?

Clearly it is.

Then why does your fake vote present an air of resignation?

Look at it again:
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:59 pm
ok fine
##Vote bunnygo
Is a shoulder-shrugging "ok fine" suggestive of someone who really wanted to give momentum to a wagon and push it hard? No. It conveys reluctance. It says, "uh, well, I'm not super confident of this, but I must break the tie". This is not the vote of someone pushing to light a fire under a wagon. No sir. You're a phoney.

brainbomb

#1155 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:53 pm

When Vecna and I questioned you for your fake vote, you CLAIMED your real reason was to trick people into thinking that a runaway wagon was forming on BunnyGo.

yes. this is the truth
I wasnt shrugging
am I on video? there was no shrug. I made it look like I was SETTLING for bumny to lure voters into thinking I was capitulating to bunny as lead vote ti set them up as fast blitz

Jamiet99uk

#1156 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:55 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:53 pm

yes. this is the truth
I wasnt shrugging
am I on video? there was no shrug. I made it look like I was SETTLING for bumny to lure voters into thinking I was capitulating to bunny as lead vote ti set them up as fast blitz
So your strategy for getting your top target lynched is to pretend you're not keen to se them lynched, and are being coerced by an imaginary runaway wagon that isn't actually happening?

Highly unlikely.

brainbomb

#1157 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:56 pm

Is a shoulder-shrugging "ok fine" suggestive of someone who really wanted to give momentum to a wagon and push it hard? No. It conveys reluctance. It says, "uh, well, I'm not super confident of this, but I must break the tie". This is not the vote of someone pushing to light a fire under a wagon. No sir. You're a phoney.

There was no shoulder shrug. this is asinine as fuck even for you. Ok fine was me saying hmm maybe I can trick ppl onto bunny by acting like I wasnt there

brainbomb

#1158 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:56 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:55 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:53 pm

yes. this is the truth
I wasnt shrugging
So your strategy for getting your top target lynched is to pretend you're not keen to se them lynched, and are being coerced by an imaginary runaway wagon that isn't actually happening?

Highly unlikely.
there was no lack of keenness. the plan was to act like I was capitulating to bunnys wagon.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1159 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:57 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:11 pm
Id like advice on how to up my scumgame
I'd lurk a bit more. Start pocketing townclears. Fake a few townslips. Expand your scumreads. Now that you're starting to come under pressure from Jamie, start bussing maybe? Oh, and if things get really desperate, reference some fake spreadsheet.

Now remember that I've never won a game as scum, and have been outted by day 2 everytime I roll scum, so take this advice with a grain of salt.

brainbomb

#1160 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:58 pm

again

why the fuck is that even important? unless youre desperate to link me to bunny go the whole accusation is stupid. just say I tried to save emc.

youre arguing I tried to save BOTH emc and bunny.

Its like you want this case to implicate bunny also and theres no reason why.