MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

#5061 Post by damo666 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:18 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:08 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:46 pm
@Xorxes

Please assume Fox flips Assassin and you and say dargo are the NKs.

What is then your recommended lynch order?
D7 lynch Fox and you should read Jamiet.

That means Jamiet, emc and Chaqa are now clear (unless you got a guilty on Jamiet). One of them is probably killed N7.

D8 lynch teacon (or Jamiet if you read him as Reaver).

If teacon flips town another clear dies N8, one clear left.

D9 is peterlund, damo and a clear.

Lynch peter. If he is Reaver, we win, if he is town, he kills Reaver!damo

So if Fox is Assassin, we have already won, even if you are the Reaver.

If Fox is not Assassin, then things get more complicated.
Thank you.

Indulge me just once more please. What if you and town emc are the NKs and fox flips Assassin. Then what?

Foxcastle

#5062 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:24 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:14 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:58 pm
damo666 wrote:
@Xorxes

Kindly do not assume this, as it is not true.
You have a few hours to convince me if you want me to change my last will and testament. At the moment my instructions are lynch Fox tomorrow.
Well, that's obviously not even particularly reasonable because this game has been entirely driven by mechanics/auto-lynches to process claims and logic puzzles.

And I might be/have been fine with my turn to be processed, except that you seem think that mislynching me is possibly a town loss.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5063 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:25 pm

You guys are overthinking things. Fox is Assassin and it’s GG.

If Fox isn’t Assassin, we lynch damo and then it depends on whether you believe EMC or me (I have a bad feeling about this scenario, simply due to town historically being bad at LYLO situations)

Not much to say about it.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5064 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:34 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:25 pm

If Fox isn’t Assassin, we lynch damo and then it depends on whether you believe EMC or me (I have a bad feeling about this scenario, simply due to town historically being bad at LYLO situations)

It occurs to me that this scenario is actually bad because of the extra night of double kills. Yikes.

Hopefully Jamie makes a save.

xorxes

#5065 Post by xorxes » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:18 pm
xorxes wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:08 pm
damo666 wrote:
@Xorxes

D7 lynch Fox and you should read Jamiet.

That means Jamiet, emc and Chaqa are now clear (unless you got a guilty on Jamiet). One of them is probably killed N7.

D8 lynch teacon (or Jamiet if you read him as Reaver).

If teacon flips town another clear dies N8, one clear left.

D9 is peterlund, damo and a clear.

Lynch peter. If he is Reaver, we win, if he is town, he kills Reaver!damo

So if Fox is Assassin, we have already won, even if you are the Reaver.

If Fox is not Assassin, then things get more complicated.
Thank you.

Indulge me just once more please. What if you and town emc are the NKs and fox flips Assassin. Then what?
If dargo saw the Reaver, lynch them D8 (and if dargo lied, lynch dargo D9).

If not:

D7 lynch Fox and you read Jamiet.

Chaqa and Jamiet clear, Jamiet protects Chaqa, dargo watches Jamiet.
Then dargo dies and two clears survive, or dargo sees who killed Jamiet.

D8 lynch teacon, or whoever dargo saw kill Jamiet.

N8 one clear dies.

D9 peter-damo-clear, lynch peter, he kills damo.

xorxes

#5066 Post by xorxes » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:41 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:24 pm
xorxes wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:58 pm

Kindly do not assume this, as it is not true.
You have a few hours to convince me if you want me to change my last will and testament. At the moment my instructions are lynch Fox tomorrow.
Well, that's obviously not even particularly reasonable because this game has been entirely driven by mechanics/auto-lynches to process claims and logic puzzles.

And I might be/have been fine with my turn to be processed, except that you seem think that mislynching me is possibly a town loss.
It hasn't been entirely driven by mechanics. The D1 lynch was very informative, and the D2 lynch as well although to a lesser extent.

Mislynching you would very likely be a town loss, yes.

xorxes

#5067 Post by xorxes » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:43 pm

Chaqa wrote:

We don't have enough time to do all that, and if you are the Assassin you know it.

Foxcastle

#5068 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:49 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:41 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
xorxes wrote:

It hasn't been entirely driven by mechanics. The D1 lynch was very informative, and the D2 lynch as well although to a lesser extent.

Not literally, no. :eyeroll: But sufficiently so that defending myself against the machine is not particularly useful.

I wasn't here Day 1, and neither was Vecna. And on Day 2, I voted for Worcej and Kalel. I would not have bussed both of my teammates from the start.

xorxes

#5069 Post by xorxes » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:55 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:49 pm
xorxes wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

Not literally, no. :eyeroll: But sufficiently so that defending myself against the machine is not particularly useful.

I wasn't here Day 1, and neither was Vecna. And on Day 2, I voted for Worcej and Kalel. I would not have bussed both of my teammates from the start.
You weren't here D1 but you've had plenty of time to read and analyze it. Since you have not bothered, you are most likely resigned scum. Voting for worcej and Kalel when they were already condemned scum doesn't tell us that much.

Foxcastle

#5070 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:02 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:55 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
xorxes wrote:

You weren't here D1 but you've had plenty of time to read and analyze it. Since you have not bothered, you are most likely resigned scum. Voting for worcej and Kalel when they were already condemned scum doesn't tell us that much.
Oh, this kinda infuriates me. I'm not interested in reading Day 1 (and I said so) because it's 50 pages of garbage, and it hasn't mattered to the game since we started process lynching on Day 2. If you think rereading prior days is going to reveal some truth that's going to save me, then you should be rereading it yourself.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#5071 Post by dargorygel » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:04 pm

Order im

xorxes

#5072 Post by xorxes » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:41 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:02 pm
xorxes wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

Oh, this kinda infuriates me. I'm not interested in reading Day 1 (and I said so) because it's 50 pages of garbage, and it hasn't mattered to the game since we started process lynching on Day 2. If you think rereading prior days is going to reveal some truth that's going to save me, then you should be rereading it yourself.
I have been rereading constantly, which you would know if you were even reading. Rereading D1 led me to be pretty sure that emc is not the Assassin, for example. It is not all garbage, it's the same amount of garbage the average game has, with the occasional gem here and there.

Foxcastle

#5073 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:42 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:41 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:02 pm
xorxes wrote:

I have been rereading constantly, which you would know if you were even reading. Rereading D1 led me to be pretty sure that emc is not the Assassin, for example. It is not all garbage, it's the same amount of garbage the average game has, with the occasional gem here and there.
Then I can't help you. <Shrug>

Jamiet99uk

#5074 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:01 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:34 pm
Chaqa wrote:

It occurs to me that this scenario is actually bad because of the extra night of double kills. Yikes.

Hopefully Jamie makes a save.
Remember I can only save vs the Reavers.

xorxes

#5075 Post by xorxes » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:59 pm

So this seems to be the situation:

Case 1:
Fox flips Assassin. Autowin for town, even if damo is Reaver. Damo should read someone other than peter, and the final 5 lynch should not be peter. Just make sure final 3 has either two clears or one clear plus peter.

Case 2:
Fox flips town. This is the fun case, although the least likely one. In this case, Reaver is damo, and Assassin is Chaqa or emc (most likely Chaqa). So after lynching Fox, scum can kill two townies, and situation becomes: damo, Chaqa and 2 townies.

If one of the townies is a Doctor, lynch Chaqa, and then there's a 50/50 chance for Town vs Reavers. Doctor and damo have to outguess each other on who they protect and kill.

If neither of the two townies is a Doctor, then they should vote no-lynch. Lynching either scum is a sure loss for town, so just let scum decide what to do that night. Should be fun. Unfortunately I don't think this is how it will end.

damo666

#5076 Post by damo666 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:07 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:59 pm

Case 1:
Fox flips Assassin. Autowin for town, even if damo is Reaver. Damo should read someone other than peter, and the final 5 lynch should not be peter. Just make sure final 3 has either two clears or one clear plus peter.

Case 2:
Fox flips town. This is the fun case, although the least likely one. In this case, Reaver is damo, and Assassin is Chaqa or emc (most likely Chaqa). So after lynching Fox, scum can kill two townies, and situation becomes: damo, Chaqa and 2 townies.

If one of the townies is a Doctor, lynch Chaqa, and then there's a 50/50 chance for Town vs Reavers. Doctor and damo have to outguess each other on who they protect and kill.

If neither of the two townies is a Doctor, then they should vote no-lynch. Lynching either scum is a sure loss for town, so just let scum decide what to do that night. Should be fun. Unfortunately I don't think this is how it will end.
Fortunately the ending tou consider unfortunate will not happen.

xorxes

#5077 Post by xorxes » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:15 pm

Shame we never cracked the Reaver code.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5078 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:29 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:59 pm

Case 1:

Case 2:

If Fox flips town, EMC is the Assassin, not me.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5079 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:59 pm

Let's hope tonight goes well, and let's really hope damo hasn't become a dirty Reaver. I'll do some more analysis to see if I can figure out the Reaver press rules.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5080 Post by peterlund » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:00 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:29 pm
If Fox flips town, EMC is the Assassin, not me.
That sounded really defensive and as if you know the result of the fox lynch!

Is this an assassin slip? Sounded like one to me.