Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1381 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:51 pm

Her are the options, I would like everyone's opinion on which one they think is most likely:

1. town rdrivera claims PETERLUND first, scum Ezio claims PETERLUND second
2. scum rdrivera claims PETERLUND first, town Ezio claims PETERLUND second
3. scum rdrivera and scum Ezio both claim PETERLUND

Ezio

#1382 Post by Ezio » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:08 pm

2-1-3.

Ezio

#1383 Post by Ezio » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:12 pm

We're in Mylo. If town mislynches scum straight wins the game, and this nametag shenanigans seems like a great way to do that. I picked a great target to CC as well as RD has been looking scummy for a while.

thamrick

#1384 Post by thamrick » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:13 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:30 pm
@tham... I would have peeked earlier if town, and later if scum. As I was reading the game as it played out, I was muttering that town should peek soon. More information usually benefits town.
The BOSOX tag would give scum reason to peek later, preferably AFTER that tag has been found.

I liked, therefore, the one (I don't recall as I write) who claimed to look D1. That is what I would have done.

If scum, I still would have not peeked.

How about you?
My gut is that I would have peeked D1 as scum. Much higher odds of not having BO_SOX tag. I suppose it would have depended on my role as scum.

Bozo claimed D1 peek. Foxy too.

But I see what you're saying too.

thamrick

#1385 Post by thamrick » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:13 pm

Ezio wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:12 pm
We're in Mylo. If town mislynches scum straight wins the game, and this nametag shenanigans seems like a great way to do that. I picked a great target to CC as well as RD has been looking scummy for a while.
What?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1386 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:29 pm

I think it's pretty obvious what is happening, scum need a myslinch and I am one of the few available ones and also an easy one considering I am scumread for at least two other players (well, probably only one town, as Bozo is likely his scum partner).
This is a good scum play, Bozo push the peek think and was the first to claim (real or not, really don't know) and Ezio wait to counterclaim someone that didn't have any power.
Also, I think it's really interesting how Bozo have all the answers about what scum did and why and he is trying to lead the town after Bo is kidnapped and Durga was killed.
Please don't fall for this, scum just need one myslinch to win and they set it all to be me.

thamrick

#1387 Post by thamrick » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:25 pm

Yeah. I think it's a possibility that Ezio fake CC'd. It's also a possibility that you lied. You've said it's hard for you to be active on the weekends rdrivera. Are you going to be able to be around the next two days? It's pretty critical that we're able to sort this out if town has any chance.

Foxcastle

#1388 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:33 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:29 pm
Also, I think it's really interesting how Bozo have all the answers about what scum did and why and he is trying to lead the town after Bo is kidnapped and Durga was killed.
"After"...? not any less than before, actually. Bozo was trying to lead town at least going back to the DD discussion centering in ghug and me.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1389 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:34 pm

thamrick wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:25 pm
Yeah. I think it's a possibility that Ezio fake CC'd. It's also a possibility that you lied. You've said it's hard for you to be active on the weekends rdrivera. Are you going to be able to be around the next two days? It's pretty critical that we're able to sort this out if town has any chance.
Tham, I told you I would be out on a tournament most of the day. I left at morning and get back to this. I will be around tonight and most of tomorrow, but I have a life and a family.
For me it's pretty obvious what's happening, but I don't know how to convince you. If it isn't lylo I would say for you to lynch me and then Ezio and Bozo, but we can't do that.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1390 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:37 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:33 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
"After"...? not any less than before, actually. Bozo was trying to lead town at least going back to the DD discussion centering in ghug and me.
And this lead to Ghug being lynched and Xorxes escaping the lynch.

thamrick

#1391 Post by thamrick » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:40 pm

##VOTE Bozo

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1392 Post by dargorygel » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:50 pm

Alright... let me try once more. Because the more I think about it, the more I see that with the DD presently belonging to a scum (after taking it from Durga,) we have a chance to lynch correctly.
Step one... we make a list of all players.
Step two... we vote for the player after our name (the final name voting for the first name on the list.)
Step three... NO one dies. Because everyone but ONE (DD's vote) will end up on the EoD list as having one vote. A multi-tie.
Step four... when we see the final vote record from the GM, we will see ONE player without any votes for them.
Step five... we LYNCH the player who is above them on the list.
Because... that person is the one who visited Durga. Because now that person's vote doesn't count.

Foxcastle

#1393 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:02 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:37 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Bozo was trying to lynch me, actually.

##vote rdrivera

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1394 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:12 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:02 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:37 pm
Foxcastle wrote:

Bozo was trying to lynch me, actually.

##vote rdrivera
He was trying to lynch anyone that is not Xorxes. When Ghug get traction he voted Ghug without ever scumread him. I pointed this after the lynch and in my reads.

thamrick

#1395 Post by thamrick » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:13 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:50 pm
Alright... let me try once more. Because the more I think about it, the more I see that with the DD presently belonging to a scum (after taking it from Durga,) we have a chance to lynch correctly.
Step two... we vote for the player after our name (the final name voting for the first name on the list.)
Step three... NO one dies. Because everyone but ONE (DD's vote) will end up on the EoD list as having one vote. A multi-tie.
Step four... when we see the final vote record from the GM, we will see ONE player without any votes for them.
Because... that person is the one who visited Durga. Because now that person's vote doesn't count.
That's not a bad strategy actually. Even if Bo is DD, we'll be able to tell that because DD's non-vote will be missing.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1396 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:16 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:50 pm
And do you really think scum will do this? They will just pile in a town in the last minute, all they need is a town that isn't online at EOD. We are in lylo (or Mylo if scum really have DD, as I suspect they passed it back to town Bo).

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1397 Post by dargorygel » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:32 pm

and @ bozo

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1398 Post by dargorygel » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:35 pm

@rdrivera
If they pile on... we will know they are scum.

xorxes

#1399 Post by xorxes » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:07 am

@dargo, that would work if we weren't at LYLO. But all scum have to do in your scheme is switch at the last second and get a mislynch, and they win. They out themselves but what do they care since they have won.

@rd, why are you voting for me? If you were town you would know with 100% certainty that Ezio was scum. No matter how much you scumread me you can't have anything like that certainty with me.

@Pouncy, why are you voting for me when we know for sure that at least one of rdrivera or Ezio is scum, and we can't afford a mislynch today. Can you summarize your case against me? Is it just that I was a counterwagon to ghug, even though almost nobody was there to push either wagon at EOD? Isn't it much more likely that it was town vs town? You assumed a few times in your arguments that both subs were likely town. Why?

@dargo, same question for you, why vote me when we know one of rd and Ezio is scum?

@tham, same question, why bozo instead of one of rd or Ezio?

From my perspective, knowing that I am town, it is patently obvious which one is lying. I see no motivation for scum Ezio to mamnufacture a mislynch in rdrivera and expose himself when I was already going to be the mislynch almost for sure.

I think the other two have to be two of:

Pouncy: Didn't need to check her nametag.
Thamrick: Checked last when everyone had already done it.
bo_sox: Didn't have to check.

But it makes no sense to lynch one of them today, especially since we will have more info on bo_sox tomorrow.

dargo I think is pretty clear because faking the captainmeme nametag would have been extremely risky, and actually checking it as well.

bozo was the second to reveal his tag, so I give him credit, especially since I was townreading him already. I thought saying that he checked D1 might be a way to have an excuse in case someone else claimed the same tag, but that wouldn't really work because there's no way he could have lost the tag (no roleblocks, and if the Oracle took it from him N2 she would have given it to Fox N3, and we know that did not happen.

xorxes

#1400 Post by xorxes » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:28 am

xorxes wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:07 am
I thought saying that he checked D1 might be a way to have an excuse in case someone else claimed the same tag, but that wouldn't really work because there's no way he could have lost the tag (no roleblocks, and if the Oracle took it from him N2 she would have given it to Fox N3, and we know that did not happen.
Actually, I think I got confused there. She could have taken it from him N1 and given it to someone else N2, because it was N3 that she scanned Fox. So ok, that makes it less convincing, but I still townread him. In any case this is a discussion for tomorrow assuming we don't lose today.