MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Foxcastle

Re: MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

#3541 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:30 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:26 am
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:23 am
##VOTE worcej

I am not sure if Goldfinger's BH claim is real, but I don't see any way that Worcej's is.
And in the unlikely case it is real, we can't let Mafia keep shooting his bounties.
Bleh, yeah, that's a good point, and with potential Reaver kills, I guess the BH is a more pressing target. ##VOTE GOLDFINGER

xorxes

#3542 Post by xorxes » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:34 am

@Bunny, maybe you know this. Your role says:

"Any effects targeting the commuted player including lynching and nightkills will be ineffective. No announcement will be made to explain this (although the player will be informed of the effect)."

Does that mean that if you commute someone, and that person is targeted by a killing action, they would be told that they were saved? Or what does "the effect" mean?

I don't know if this has been asked before.

#CALL GM: If someone is commuted, and they are attacked by Mafia or Reaver while they are being commuted, are they informed that they were attacked?

xorxes

#3543 Post by xorxes » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:36 am

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:30 am
xorxes wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:23 am
##VOTE worcej

I am not sure if Goldfinger's BH claim is real, but I don't see any way that Worcej's is.
And in the unlikely case it is real, we can't let Mafia keep shooting his bounties.
Bleh, yeah, that's a good point, and with potential Reaver kills, I guess the BH is a more pressing target. ##VOTE GOLDFINGER
What? worcej is the more pressing target. He said his targets were bozo, ND and Fox. If he is telling the truth, the Mafia knows who to target.

Goldfinger has not said what his other bounties were, so Mafia can't help him.

Foxcastle

#3544 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:38 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:36 am
Foxcastle wrote:
xorxes wrote:

What? worcej is the more pressing target. He said his targets were bozo, ND and Fox. If he is telling the truth, the Mafia knows who to target.

Yeah, but I don't believe Worcej is the bounty hunter, whereas Goldie is more likely to me.

xorxes

#3545 Post by xorxes » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:39 am

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:38 am
xorxes wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

Yeah, but I don't believe Worcej is the bounty hunter, whereas Goldie is more likely to me.
How do you explain that there has not been a Reaver death on N3, after two nights in which goldie was roleblocked?

Foxcastle

#3546 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:42 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:39 am
Foxcastle wrote:
xorxes wrote:

How do you explain that there has not been a Reaver death on N3, after two nights in which goldie was roleblocked?
There are a bunch of explanations, I'm sure, including the mafia roleblock setting Reavers back a night, overlapping reaver/mafia attacks, commutations, etc etc etc.

BunnyGo

#3547 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:47 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:34 am

"Any effects targeting the commuted player including lynching and nightkills will be ineffective. No announcement will be made to explain this (although the player will be informed of the effect)."

Does that mean that if you commute someone, and that person is targeted by a killing action, they would be told that they were saved? Or what does "the effect" mean?

#CALL GM: If someone is commuted, and they are attacked by Mafia or Reaver while they are being commuted, are they informed that they were attacked?
I asked in PM and was told they’d know they were commuted but not if they were attacked or visited. The attacker would not know why they failed. ##CALL GM did I remember this correctly? Also, Xorxes, if we’re going to hunt reavers by EOD I think we need some coordinated efforts:

1) hypotheses that are specific to an assumed RP.
2) an attempt to retrigger an alert, but this requires more buyin than I’ve had. Can we get people to commit? I don’t think we need to repost all of pages 27-32 in order exactly, but if we can organize that it’s be nice.

BunnyGo

#3548 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:48 am

xorxes wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
xorxes wrote:

Do you think he won't?

BunnyGo

#3549 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:49 am

xorxes wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
xorxes wrote:

They missed a night. Went for Alliance kill. Got RB first night, went for my commuted target, whatever, they missed.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3550 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:51 am

A smart RP may even purposefully skip a night to grab people later on if they aren’t being pursued or under threat. Hell, it makes sense given we had three lunches essentially planned out.

xorxes

#3551 Post by xorxes » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:52 am

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:42 am
xorxes wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

There are a bunch of explanations, I'm sure, including the mafia roleblock setting Reavers back a night, overlapping reaver/mafia attacks, commutations, etc etc etc.
So what role do you think worcej has, and why is it better to lynch BH!goldie over worcej?

If worcej is Investigator, we reduce Mafia1 to one member and as soon as we find the Agent we can stop one of the night kills.

If worcej is RP, it's important that we find out, so we can stop roleblocking goldie and use the roleblock for something else.

If worcej is BH, we need to kill him before Mafia takes out another of his bouinties.

Choose whichever role you think is more likely for worcej and there's a good reason to kill him.

If goldie is RP, we definitely do not want to lynch him before finding out who Reaver2 is (if they exist). In this case, we're pretty sure there are at most two Reavers, and we can keep stopping them from killing anyone. If we kill goldie, Reaver2 recruits and their kills start.

In what world is lynching goldie now better than lynching worcej?

BunnyGo

#3552 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:54 am

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:51 am
A smart RP may even purposefully skip a night to grab people later on if they aren’t being pursued or under threat. Hell, it makes sense given we had three lunches essentially planned out.
hmm...I think that's probably unlikely. Reaver is very very vulnerable day and night 1. They need to buffer their numbers before they get discovered (especially now we know they had a violation day 1 and were at risk of being revealed--I really wish we'd gone all in on retriggering earlier).

ND

#3553 Post by ND » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:56 am

Should of lynched Worcej days ago @Cappy Nitwit like I suggested

##VOTE WORCEJ

But tbh I am pretty tuned out atm in general. Not really feelign it. Will do my semi-best thu not 100% thu.

xorxes

#3554 Post by xorxes » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:56 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:47 am
xorxes wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:34 am

I asked in PM and was told they’d know they were commuted but not if they were attacked or visited. The attacker would not know why they failed. ##CALL GM did I remember this correctly? Also, Xorxes, if we’re going to hunt reavers by EOD I think we need some coordinated efforts:

1) hypotheses that are specific to an assumed RP.
2) an attempt to retrigger an alert, but this requires more buyin than I’ve had. Can we get people to commit? I don’t think we need to repost all of pages 27-32 in order exactly, but if we can organize that it’s be nice.
1) Strongest hypothesis is still goldie. Everything that has happened still fits with the obvious explanation.
2) Make a list of the people that would need to repost. Only a few people could be Reaver Prime, and goldie is still the way most likely.

xorxes

#3555 Post by xorxes » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:59 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:48 am
xorxes wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

Do you think he won't?
I have no idea. Do you think he is the BH? Do you buy any of his explanations for why he chose to make such strange claims as BH?

Foxcastle

#3556 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:00 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:52 am
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:42 am
xorxes wrote:

So what role do you think worcej has, and why is it better to lynch BH!goldie over worcej?

If worcej is Investigator, we reduce Mafia1 to one member and as soon as we find the Agent we can stop one of the night kills.

If worcej is RP, it's important that we find out, so we can stop roleblocking goldie and use the roleblock for something else.

If worcej is BH, we need to kill him before Mafia takes out another of his bouinties.

Choose whichever role you think is more likely for worcej and there's a good reason to kill him.

If goldie is RP, we definitely do not want to lynch him before finding out who Reaver2 is (if they exist). In this case, we're pretty sure there are at most two Reavers, and we can keep stopping them from killing anyone. If we kill goldie, Reaver2 recruits and their kills start.

In what world is lynching goldie now better than lynching worcej?
Probably scum, based on his flailing and how he gave up.

Okay.

Okay.

Okay, but as I've said, I don't think he's BH and I see a real risk in the mafia/reavers handing a win to the BH by mistake. Even if Worcej is BH, what on earth makes you think he'd actually tell us his targets*? (*At that point, since the point about throwing the game is valid.)

Yeah, but if I think Goldie is more likely to be BH, I think that's a better reason to kill Goldie now. Which you didn't mean to lead me to, but you did :)

Sure.

The world where I don't think Worcej is BH but think Goldie is more likely to be?

xorxes

#3557 Post by xorxes » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:01 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:49 am
xorxes wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

They missed a night. Went for Alliance kill. Got RB first night, went for my commuted target, whatever, they missed.
Or maybe goldie was roleblocked, like we asked the Companion to do? Why discount the most obvious answer?

BunnyGo

#3558 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:06 am

ND wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:56 am
Should of lynched Worcej days ago @Cappy Nitwit like I suggested

##VOTE WORCEJ

But tbh I am pretty tuned out atm in general. Not really feelign it. Will do my semi-best thu not 100% thu.
Ok...you just hit a pedant trigger of mine: should "have"

people only started with "of" after the contraction "should've"

Hmm...I'm not buying this reaver turning of yours dodging posting (even if you were clear at scan, you could *have* (not of) been converted).

Would you care to repost your one message from last night and other post from today? I seriously doubt they were triggers, but better safe.

xorxes

#3559 Post by xorxes » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:07 am

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:51 am
That could happen, if the RP is one of the VT claimants. But if that is the case, there's not a lot we can do about it now. Damo should probably keep reading VTs now that he is not roleblocked in order to find the one scum in there that is not the Agent. There's only four choices now: Fox/Tem/emc/Chaqa. One of them has to be non-Agent non-Town.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3560 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:11 am

I believe worcej to be BH and could see a scenario where he thought it was hopeless and told us his real BH targets, so I think he needs to be lynched today.