M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Temasek22

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#1581 Post by Temasek22 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:55 am

Ezio wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:50 am
KalelChase wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:22 am
xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:18 am

There's very little reason for them to have made the shot in the first place either, unless I suppose they were under threat of being lynched D1, but then they would have used the shot to clear themselves, so not that either. So the shot was unreasonable from any angle that I can see.

I agree that claiming it now is not helpful, unless they need to. But claiming it now will be less conclusive than before the Janitor.
Can you explain to me why the Traitor wouldn't want to shoot early? The more NK's of non-mafia there are the worse their odds are of accidentally hitting another mafia. So it would make sense that a newer player not confidant of their detective skills would shoot early.
This setup leaves the potential for a million clears. Shooting a confirmed town is trivial at some point.
That's fair. I didn't put two and two together for that part

Ezio

#1582 Post by Ezio » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:59 am

Flavious, I notice you are are still voting me. It seems like the Crux of your case on me is that I said the phrase I "wasn't supposed to say".
Can you explain how me saying that phase can possibly damage town? I can explain how it's possibly beneficial to town.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1583 Post by KalelChase » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:02 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:45 am
KalelChase wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:34 am
dargorygel wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:06 am
I clearly need to relook at magnet. Because while it sorta makes sense, why would damo activate. Unless he was bored or angry.
I have the same question. The Assassin is really screwing me up, because it would be so helpful for a couple of roles to claim some things, especially if they already used their power.

For example, if the Anti-encryptor used their power then the only thing that makes sense is that Damo was Magnet. But if the Anti-encryptor used their power then it doesn't make sense that Janitor used power... so I'm leaning toward the A.E. didn't do it N1 (which is a shame I think).
ALL WRONG!!

If the anti-encryptor used power, then:

1) HOW WOULD THE MAFIA AGREE ON A NK? Don't they need to vote? How could they vote? I honestly don't know.

2) There is no way the janitor would risk wasting his 1 time use.
That's exactly what I wrote. We're in agreement... so not sure why ALL WRONG!! needed to be typed.

Temasek22

#1584 Post by Temasek22 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:09 am

Oh well. My wagon is starting to take off. This is getting eerily similar to M49 when I was tracker...

Apparently the votes have to do with my constant vote changing, in D1, for God's sake. Lemme try to explain myself.

damo (albeit breif): my initial reaction to the damo/bo squabble is that it feels T/S. When I found out bo got shot I voted for damo

Kit: uhh, apparently at the time of my vote she was noted to be the closest to completing the magic phrase. And her wagon was starting to gain traction so I just hopped on without much thought

Ezio: clueless townie, tanner, mafia shenanigans, whatever, he outloud said the magic phrase with zero clarification. Shifted off him when 12 hours passed and Tanner was revealed to be not harmful to us town

Nolynch: I needed to go to bed, and none of the wagons were amongst my scumleans, only as a placeholdet

Flav: When I woke up apparently he claimed bulletproof so I just voted for him

Kit (again): Just a petty vote as she was tunneling as the Flav wagon started to get ridiculous

Anddddd that's it

BunnyGo

#1585 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:10 am

KalelChase wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:02 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:45 am
KalelChase wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:34 am

I have the same question. The Assassin is really screwing me up, because it would be so helpful for a couple of roles to claim some things, especially if they already used their power.

For example, if the Anti-encryptor used their power then the only thing that makes sense is that Damo was Magnet. But if the Anti-encryptor used their power then it doesn't make sense that Janitor used power... so I'm leaning toward the A.E. didn't do it N1 (which is a shame I think).
ALL WRONG!!

If the anti-encryptor used power, then:

1) HOW WOULD THE MAFIA AGREE ON A NK? Don't they need to vote? How could they vote? I honestly don't know.

2) There is no way the janitor would risk wasting his 1 time use.
That's exactly what I wrote. We're in agreement... so not sure why ALL WRONG!! needed to be typed.
That is not what you wrote. You started with:

"If the Anti-encryptor used their power then the only thing that makes sense is that Damo was the Magnet."

THAT'S SUCH BULLSHIT. You may have written stuff that was the same as me later, but that opening sentence tainted everything because it is just vomitably wrong.

Temasek22

#1586 Post by Temasek22 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:10 am

##unvote

BionicMole

#1587 Post by BionicMole » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:14 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:24 am
KalelChase wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:17 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:13 am

If there is an anti-encryptor, and they shut down mafia chat N1, I do not think they could have coordinated the use of the janitor and the role thief, although I am not sure who would have decided on the night kill.
Unless, like stated earlier Damo was the Magnet and activated.
Yes, damo as magnet does make sense. It would also explain why damo was not very active D1, if he was planning on drawing the NK to himself with the doctor gone.
If this is the case it is a good play considering that there is a good chance the Janitor will be used on Day 1 and it is a pretty good counter to it, but if he were the Magnate wouldn't he want to claim his roll at the last minute before EON to alleviate some of our guessing his roll?

BunnyGo

#1588 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:20 am

BionicMole wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:14 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:24 am
KalelChase wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:17 am

Unless, like stated earlier Damo was the Magnet and activated.
Yes, damo as magnet does make sense. It would also explain why damo was not very active D1, if he was planning on drawing the NK to himself with the doctor gone.
If this is the case it is a good play considering that there is a good chance the Janitor will be used on Day 1 and it is a pretty good counter to it, but if he were the Magnate wouldn't he want to claim his roll at the last minute before EON to alleviate some of our guessing his roll?
How does Driver work with Magnet? Who does Driver target?

BunnyGo

#1589 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:22 am

Also, if the magnet was activated and we have a watcher, then they saw all the visitors...just name them and we clear a lot of people, right?

BunnyGo

#1590 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:32 am

OK, I'll start...but I expect all y'all to pitch in too:

My top two town reads (besides Flav...obv town):

1) Worcej. Yes he's distracted with a barfing, shitting, screaming, adorable thing at home, but he's putting in clearly written replies, keeping us from drifting when he can, and is actually trying to help people focus (when he's here). He didn't read my many many night questions, ah well...pobody's nerfect.

2) rdrivera2005. I'm loving the bullshit he calls out. Explains stuff, keeps things on track. Calling TrPrado a tool is bonus points. Was very thoughtful about Flav's claim, the consideration with the rules on lynching Flav.

My top two scum reads:

1) Xorxes. His post N1 posts have been really off. He's searching, but it seems he's trying to cover something, and so keeps saying stuff that makes no sense. I count on xorxes to know what's up, so seeing things like this sets my ears perked up.

2) Kitsune. I'm getting the same vibe as last game. Her "reads" post was <insert politer negative phrase here>. And I've found her disappearing whenever she's made an impression saying nothing.

BunnyGo

#1591 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:32 am

## VOTE XORXES

Kitsune

#1592 Post by Kitsune » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:47 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:32 am

1) Worcej. Yes he's distracted with a barfing, shitting, screaming, adorable thing at home, but he's putting in clearly written replies, keeping us from drifting when he can, and is actually trying to help people focus (when he's here). He didn't read my many many night questions, ah well...pobody's nerfect.

2) rdrivera2005. I'm loving the bullshit he calls out. Explains stuff, keeps things on track. Calling TrPrado a tool is bonus points. Was very thoughtful about Flav's claim, the consideration with the rules on lynching Flav.

My top two scum reads:

1) Xorxes. His post N1 posts have been really off. He's searching, but it seems he's trying to cover something, and so keeps saying stuff that makes no sense. I count on xorxes to know what's up, so seeing things like this sets my ears perked up.

2) Kitsune. I'm getting the same vibe as last game. Her "reads" post was <insert politer negative phrase here>. And I've found her disappearing whenever she's made an impression saying nothing.
I have virtually no time Bunny.

I accept your scum lean because I understand your reasoning, and I’ll claim today if I’m forced to. I feel there are better uses for my talents moving forward and (with luck) I’ll have a few hours this evening to dig into this properly and show some of my normal energy.

Revision on my two scum leans from the highly subjective read list:

Tem: Still reads scum. I’m not satisfied with his explanation for voting for Ezio when he rated him most highly as probably town. I could be convinced, just haven’t been by anything he’s said yet.

Ezio: Moving away from NK Tanner, which I strongly suspected him as earlier. Don’t have an alternative explanation for his antics and feel the answer now is probably poor play (although I suppose he could conceivably be Mafia trying to prepare the ground for Hammerer later. Possibly Traitor, if that’s an explanation for someone shooting Bo early? I need to look deeper into this).

Does anyone other than me play this from your phones? Regularly?

How do you possibly keep track?

Kitsune

#1593 Post by Kitsune » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:49 am

Oh right. Vote Tem guys.

I’m confident enough in that that, if he flips town I’ll vote Kit tomorrow as too badly incriminated to be of further use to town.

I know I have two ISOs to respond to. I’ll hopefully have time after class tonight.

BunnyGo

#1594 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:50 am

Kitsune wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:47 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:32 am

My top two scum reads:

I have virtually no time Bunny.

I accept your scum lean because I understand your reasoning, and I’ll claim today if I’m forced to. I feel there are better uses for my talents moving forward and (with luck) I’ll have a few hours this evening to dig into this properly and show some of my normal energy.

Revision on my two scum leans from the highly subjective read list:

Tem: Still reads scum. I’m not satisfied with his explanation for voting for Ezio when he rated him most highly as probably town. I could be convinced, just haven’t been by anything he’s said yet.

Ezio: Moving away from NK Tanner, which I strongly suspected him as earlier. Don’t have an alternative explanation for his antics and feel the answer now is probably poor play (although I suppose he could conceivably be Mafia trying to prepare the ground for Hammerer later. Possibly Traitor, if that’s an explanation for someone shooting Bo early? I need to look deeper into this).

Does anyone other than me play this from your phones? Regularly?

How do you possibly keep track?
I mostly read from my phone during the day to stay slightly on top of things and put in my fluff posts and memes and stuff. The laptop when I'm the only one up at home to research and make more serious posts.

BunnyGo

#1595 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:50 am

Kitsune wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:49 am
Oh right. Vote Tem guys.

I’m confident enough in that that, if he flips town I’ll vote Kit tomorrow as too badly incriminated to be of further use to town.

I know I have two ISOs to respond to. I’ll hopefully have time after class tonight.
that vote didn't count...

BunnyGo

#1596 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:50 am

It seems my vote didn't count either

##VOTE XORXES

Kitsune

#1597 Post by Kitsune » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:57 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:50 am
Kitsune wrote:
Oh right. Vote Tem guys.

I’m already on him.

Didn’t need to vote him again.

BunnyGo

#1598 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:59 am

Kitsune wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:57 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:50 am
Kitsune wrote:
Oh right. Vote Tem guys.

I’m already on him.

Didn’t need to vote him again.
You make an excellent point.

Ezio

#1599 Post by Ezio » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:08 am

Bunny, you're saying xorxes has said something that doesn't make sense. What is it? I might have missed it, buy it seems like everything he's said has made sense so far.

BunnyGo

#1600 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:13 am

xorxes wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:50 pm
Maybe damo was the Magnet that attracted Janitor and Mafia kill to himself?
This followed by this
xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:04 am
dargorygel wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:49 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:45 pm

Nope I was thinking about this, the mafia would of hid damo's identity no matter what, even if they thought he was town, its always better to be safe
They have only one janitor use though. Why this one?
Janitoring the first kill is usually the best mafia strategy because it hides the most info from town. I think they are also likely to have stolen his role.

Are mutually incompatible.