Cultafia Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: Cultafia Game Thread

#1381 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:29 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:40 pm
DrCJG & Neph are laughing at us.

Nobody was recruited N1.

Fox N2.

Betya.
A mason is notified if a recruit attempt is made on him, and Jamie did not indicate he was notified of a recruit attempt. Why are you so sure worcej was the recruit target N1?

bozotheclown

#1382 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:33 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:29 pm
damo666 wrote:

Nobody was recruited N1.

Fox N2.

Betya.
A mason is notified if a recruit attempt is made on him, and Jamie did not indicate he was notified of a recruit attempt. Why are you so sure worcej was the recruit target N1?
Or the other mason?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1383 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:52 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:33 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:29 pm
damo666 wrote:

Nobody was recruited N1.

Fox N2.

Betya.
Or the other mason?
While it is difficult to guess exactly what happened each night, I'm starting to think that maybe damo is right here and there are only 3 cult. N1 the cultists had 9 potential recruits. If you throw out people that would make "bad" recruits (like Bozo), then that gets the pool down to I don't know, about 6ish. Let's say two of those of are the masons, and another is the masons bless target (who they think cult is most likely to choose). After running it through my head this way, I think it is about 50/50 that cult failed to recruit N1. Also they could have failed N2, although that is less likely.

brainbomb

#1384 Post by brainbomb » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:53 pm

Half the game isnt playing so if you 3 are cult this is a total loss. Rhk is the mason.

brainbomb

#1385 Post by brainbomb » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:53 pm

Rhk verified immediately that the masons chose worcej

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1386 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:58 pm

Alright damo, I like your play a lot the last part of this game. You have been so much more active and engaged. We need a strong town core today, and I think you are the best bet for leader. I'll ##Vote DrCJG

Plus, I owe you for sheeping me onto Rdrivera two games in a row. ;)

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1387 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:59 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:53 pm
I must have missed this. Do you have a quote?

DrCJG

#1388 Post by DrCJG » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:00 pm

Known: at least one of Neph, Damo, BB, and DrCJG are scum.
  • Assumption: mason blessed one of those four last night and is down to 3 (or less if one is a mason or if mason blessed one of them N1) to choose from.
  • We can attempt to lynch one today, but if we are attempting to lynch one that is already known by the mason then I think the mason may have to claim cause we can't afford a mislynch and moreover one that doesn't help the mason...
    • My opinion: Mason blessed me last night because of my last minute move to Yav... it looked atrocious...
    • So atrocious that I think I may have been baited by Bozo and Damo (Damo being the curser and Bozo being either the recruiter or the N1 recruit). Both kept pushing the need for a wagon of 7 knowing the curser would need to hide with Jamie on the wagon. Bozo bumped the wagon to 6 baiting a 7th (me) and then jumped off the wagon.
    • I don't agree with the notion that Bozo can't be the N1 recruit given that he was the second wagon... it would be a little bold, but it wouldn't be like the cultist were risking a leader. Moreover, Chippe who was on Bozo was lynched, Yavu who was on Bozo was pushed and lynched next. And if Bozo was the recruit, then Neph or Squiggs who were both on Bozo N1 could be the recruiter given that Neph only voted Yav D2, Squigs only sat on Bozo at the EOD, and Damo left Bozo for Yav.
  • Therefore, I suggest we look outside the curser pool. (If more than one cult is in the curser pool then the mason should have a very high chance of getting one tonight especially after additional curse information today).
  • While I think Bozo fits as recruiter with Damo or Neph as the curser. I agree it would be a bold move to have the cult leader on the hot seat be the recruiter so while I support a Bozo lynch, I think Squiggs is a more likely recruiter given his latest posts defending bozo and advocating Mason reveal.
    Squigs44 wrote:
    Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:07 pm
    damo666 wrote:
    Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:49 pm
    Squigs44 wrote:
    Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:09 pm
    Brain you're being an idiot and we both know it. You're probably cult follower trying to bait a vote on yourself to protect your recruiter.

Damo - CJG was likely the Mason bless late night just based on the urges of players. Since he didn't die, I think lynching him is not optimal. This is one upside to mason claiming, since they would be able to give us a clear. Since mason hasn't claimed, I think we all need to consolidate on RHK as cult recruiter option.
    Would you consider voting Bozo or Neph?
    Bozo isn't cult. I've made this argument multiple times, and Bozo just posted it himself. He can't be N1 curser. He wouldn't have been N1 recruiter after being second wagon. He also wouldn't have been recruited N1. It's possible he was recruited N2 but unlikely, and we should go for a cult leader.

Neph is possible. I think RHK is better, and is more likely N1 recruiter. But Neph is a strong possibility for N1 curser.
    ##VOTE Squiggs
  • Alternative 1: The mason blessed someone outside of the curser pool hoping to hit the recruiter.
    • Seems less likely to me... though in this case we probably should go for the curser pool to avoid hitting knowledge the mason already has... given I think it is less likely, I think it isn't the right way to go. But, if we are voting from the curser pool I currently list them as Damo, BB, then Neph. I lean towards Damo based on my belief that I got baited. BB moved his vote around enough that it wasn't as surprising to see him end up with Jamie and I think Neph only voting for Yav is awfully lucky to have landed on the same wagon as Jamie.
  • Alternative 2: the mason recruited
    • I didn't heavily consider this... because it just doesn't seem like the right way for the masons to go... but in this case, I think a mason should reveal before we we head towards a poor decision... especially if they are one of the ones in the curser pool as it could really help us make a good lynch

DrCJG

#1389 Post by DrCJG » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:01 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:59 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:53 pm
I must have missed this. Do you have a quote?
Seconded, when was this... I am looking back.

DrCJG

#1390 Post by DrCJG » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:12 pm

Sounds like BS to me and since you have already tried to reveal him... I will let him make it clear if that's what he wants to do.

worcej

#1391 Post by worcej » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:27 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:58 pm
Alright damo, I like your play a lot the last part of this game. You have been so much more active and engaged. We need a strong town core today, and I think you are the best bet for leader. I'll ##Vote DrCJG

Plus, I owe you for sheeping me onto Rdrivera two games in a row. ;)
Never would I imply Damo is a leader. I think Bozo is much more actively leading with content, but I don't agree with going for Demon like he is pushing.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1392 Post by dargorygel » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:35 pm

Vote Count 3.03

DrCJG (3): damo666, worcej, squigs44
Squigs44 (2): brain, DrCJG
DemonRHK (1): bozotheclown
Squigs44 (2): brain, DrCJG
Bozotheclown (1): DemonRHK

End: Brainbomb (squigs44)

The hangman gets out his measuring tape again… measuring DrCJG for a noose. Because DRCJG is presently set to by lynched.
LOTS of time left in this day. Basically 27.5 hours.

Foxcastle

#1393 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:46 pm

I'm still reading through, getting through Day 2. (Sorry I'm being slow, I do have to pretend to work every so often...) But Squigs has stuck out at me as scummy, and it's not perfect (for one thing, it's a little TOO easy to scumread him, and I think scum are more careful), but I feel like it fits together really well with DrCJG being his partner.

---Townie---
Brain
DemonRHK

Damo
Neph
Bozo
Worcej

DrCJG
Squigs
---Scummy---

This is preliminary, I've been skimming the last third of the game or so, and will work my way through that more completely next.

I'm good with both the leading wagons right now, and if I'm right, it's scum-v-scum, but the fact that it's scum-v-scum makes me a little worried that I'm wrong. So, ##VOTE SQUIGS to see what a little competition produces.

Also, I will join my own wagon if it forms up. Lynching this slot is still a pro-town option, because there will be so little to go on if I make it to end-game.

Nephthys

#1394 Post by Nephthys » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:30 pm

Thinking this through,

Assuming CJG was blessed (because who else was a better candidate?) this puts him TC.

Brain seems almost certain scum, it's quite clear that the majority don't want the mason revealed. While I still see the benefit of it, there's point trying to out the mason if they don't want to come forwards. The only question in follower or leader, my initial thought is follower.

Damo- you say you agree with RHK but don't vote with him, surely you either believe him or you don't? Still think towny, he's trying to think outside the box and I appreciate that.

Squigs is possible, although I'm aware that I've scumread him from D1, I don't really know if its an objective read at all... He confuses me.

Fox/worcej - one was likely recruited, one is townclear.

Bozo - A very bold scum if he is, recruiting as second wagon seems unlikely, for now I'm townleaning him.

RHK - Says mason should both reveal and stay hidden in the same post, distances himself from the pool. Wants to look outside the yav pool quite strongly, Seems like a more likely scum than bozo.

I think the lynch today should be between RHK/Brain/Squigs with CJG replacing Squigs in the lynch pool if he wasn't blessed.

I think brain is the likeliest scum therefore is the safest vote, although I'm not sure he's a leader.

bozotheclown

#1395 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:44 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:00 pm
Known: at least one of Neph, Damo, BB, and DrCJG are scum.
  • Assumption: mason blessed one of those four last night and is down to 3 (or less if one is a mason or if mason blessed one of them N1) to choose from.
  • We can attempt to lynch one today, but if we are attempting to lynch one that is already known by the mason then I think the mason may have to claim cause we can't afford a mislynch and moreover one that doesn't help the mason...
    • My opinion: Mason blessed me last night because of my last minute move to Yav... it looked atrocious...
    • So atrocious that I think I may have been baited by Bozo and Damo (Damo being the curser and Bozo being either the recruiter or the N1 recruit). Both kept pushing the need for a wagon of 7 knowing the curser would need to hide with Jamie on the wagon. Bozo bumped the wagon to 6 baiting a 7th (me) and then jumped off the wagon.
    • I don't agree with the notion that Bozo can't be the N1 recruit given that he was the second wagon... it would be a little bold, but it wouldn't be like the cultist were risking a leader. Moreover, Chippe who was on Bozo was lynched, Yavu who was on Bozo was pushed and lynched next. And if Bozo was the recruit, then Neph or Squiggs who were both on Bozo N1 could be the recruiter given that Neph only voted Yav D2, Squigs only sat on Bozo at the EOD, and Damo left Bozo for Yav.
  • Therefore, I suggest we look outside the curser pool. (If more than one cult is in the curser pool then the mason should have a very high chance of getting one tonight especially after additional curse information today).
  • While I think Bozo fits as recruiter with Damo or Neph as the curser. I agree it would be a bold move to have the cult leader on the hot seat be the recruiter so while I support a Bozo lynch, I think Squiggs is a more likely recruiter given his latest posts defending bozo and advocating Mason reveal.
    Squigs44 wrote:
    Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:07 pm
    damo666 wrote:
    Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:49 pm

Would you consider voting Bozo or Neph?
    Bozo isn't cult. I've made this argument multiple times, and Bozo just posted it himself. He can't be N1 curser. He wouldn't have been N1 recruiter after being second wagon. He also wouldn't have been recruited N1. It's possible he was recruited N2 but unlikely, and we should go for a cult leader.

Neph is possible. I think RHK is better, and is more likely N1 recruiter. But Neph is a strong possibility for N1 curser.
    ##VOTE Squiggs
  • Alternative 1: The mason blessed someone outside of the curser pool hoping to hit the recruiter.
    • Seems less likely to me... though in this case we probably should go for the curser pool to avoid hitting knowledge the mason already has... given I think it is less likely, I think it isn't the right way to go. But, if we are voting from the curser pool I currently list them as Damo, BB, then Neph. I lean towards Damo based on my belief that I got baited. BB moved his vote around enough that it wasn't as surprising to see him end up with Jamie and I think Neph only voting for Yav is awfully lucky to have landed on the same wagon as Jamie.
  • Alternative 2: the mason recruited
    • I didn't heavily consider this... because it just doesn't seem like the right way for the masons to go... but in this case, I think a mason should reveal before we we head towards a poor decision... especially if they are one of the ones in the curser pool as it could really help us make a good lynch

This makes me think I was right about DrCJG and that he was not the mason target N2.

bozotheclown

#1396 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:48 pm

It is back to looking like DrCJG and DemonRHK are the cult leaders. brainbomb and Foxcastle could be the recruits, and Squigs the cult lynch target.

##VOTE DrCJG

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1397 Post by dargorygel » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:57 pm

Vote Count 3.04

DrCJG (4): damo666, worcej, squigs44, bozotheclown
Squigs44 (3): brain, DrCJG, foxcastle
DemonRHK (1): bozotheclown
Bozotheclown (1): DemonRHK

End: Brainbomb (squigs44)

The hangman gets out his measuring tape again… measuring DrCJG for a noose. Because DRCJG is presently set to by lynched.
LOTS of time left in this day. 25 hours.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1398 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:30 pm

Brain that’s a solid therory for me to be mason. Unfortunately I’m not but I hope to Hell your leaders thought so to and cursed me.

damo666

#1399 Post by damo666 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:02 am

Townies just possible we could win
Vote Dr

brainbomb

#1400 Post by brainbomb » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:40 am

Uh unless yer totally stupid you should do basic math and know the 4 on lead wagon cant all be town