MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

#961 Post by ghug » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:19 pm

I agree with pretty much everything HR says, so he's probably scum.

Jamiet99uk

#962 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:23 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:14 pm
Who is Jamie even fos'ing?
Are you asking who my scumreads are?

Well, pretty obviously, my top scumread is Snowy. I am still leaning scum on Foxcastle. ND looks like scum ND to me as I said before. Flash also looks quite suspect if you ask me.

brainbomb

#963 Post by brainbomb » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:23 pm

Im going to the lake with lady Leigh later. So heres my reads

Scum
Ghug
Jamie
Bosox
ND

Probably town
Squiggs (or sk)
Xorx
Ezio
Thomas
Chippee
Snowy
Vecna
Yavuz(100% town)
Foxcastle
Worcej

Null
Flash
HR

brainbomb

#964 Post by brainbomb » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:24 pm

@HR how far along are you?

Do you have reads on Jamie, ND, Ghug, xorxes, Squiggs?

Jamiet99uk

#965 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:25 pm

Oh look Brainbomb scumreads me on D1 as usual.

What's your case, O Dranebomb?

brainbomb

#966 Post by brainbomb » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:25 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:23 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:14 pm
Who is Jamie even fos'ing?
Are you asking who my scumreads are?

Well, pretty obviously, my top scumread is Snowy. I am still leaning scum on Foxcastle. ND looks like scum ND to me as I said before. Flash also looks quite suspect if you ask me.
I did ask you.

Why is fox and snowy scum.

Go:

Jamiet99uk

#967 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:27 pm

I've explained why I'm voting for Snowy in some detail. Aren't you paying attention?

As for Foxcastle I also explained why I didn't find his explanation of the whole Worcej slip situation satisfactory at all.

Do you need me to repeat myself?

brainbomb

#968 Post by brainbomb » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:29 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:27 pm
I've explained why I'm voting for Snowy in some detail. Aren't you paying attention?

As for Foxcastle I also explained why I didn't find his explanation of the whole Worcej slip situation satisfactory at all.

Can you just reiterate the key talking points for why snowy is scum? I dont see it at all

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#969 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:29 pm

I agree with most HR posted but not about Y2K. He knows that his scum meta is lurking and is avoiding it, but without any real substance. And it worked, as the wagon on him just vanished.

I am also starting to have doubts on Fox. That vote thing seems sooo forced. If DT is scum he would only know about Mafia voting at night. And last game the GMs weren't even enforcing voting using bold.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#970 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:30 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:44 pm
You think everyone reads and internalizes the entire setup post in full? You ostensibly didn't.
Read, I did. You have a point about internalizing though. No one has yet to answer one of my questions though: What information does the SK have that makes him less likely to forget?

y2kjbk
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#971 Post by y2kjbk » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:32 pm

lol rdrivera, i'm not lurking like I have in the last literally 4 games in a row where I rolled scum, so I clearly must be scum that learned to change my game up. spot on.

Foxcastle

#972 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:32 pm

The thing I find interesting about the DT vote is that he didn't come back and explain that that's the voting format on MU, which I suspected, but didn't know, and wanted to see how he replied. Instead he ignored that and jumped on me pretty aggressively about overexamining Chippe's supposed town slip.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#973 Post by Hellenic Riot » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:35 pm

I've read everything up to here, brain.

My prior post contained my stronger reads. I can see some scum arguments on Squiggs. xorxes hasn't posted enough to get a read, ND has posted gigantic waves of bullshit so clearly nothing has changed there. Nothing either ghug or Jamie have done have screamed "scum" or "town" to me.

@rdrivera

I disagree. y2k even joked about the scum lurking when he was pressuring Bozo earlier. Sure, he's not been super active, but he has engaged and shown a tolerance for being pressured that I don't remember him ever showing as scum before. Yes, he could have decided to specifically play against his old meta, but if so then that should manifest itself over a prolonged period when it's harder to keep up. Right now I don't see y2k as scummy at all.

@Jamie

Do you have some reasons for pushing Foxcastle ASIDE from the worcej slip? I feel like everyone has latched onto that as a lazy excuse for targeting Fox when there is plenty other things to push there

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#974 Post by Hellenic Riot » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:37 pm

Also @rdrivera

If someone melting away when called out as scummy is something that particularly sets your radar off, what do you think about dargorygel?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#975 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:39 pm

y2kjbk wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:32 pm
lol rdrivera, i'm not lurking like I have in the last literally 4 games in a row where I rolled scum, so I clearly must be scum that learned to change my game up. spot on.
I didn't said that. I just said I won't read you as town just because you are not lurking. I know from myself that usually lurking have a lot more to do with real live issues then with alignment.

Jamiet99uk

#976 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:39 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:29 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:27 pm

Can you just reiterate the key talking points for why snowy is scum? I dont see it at all
Well then you really aren't paying attention. Very well, for Brainbomb's benefit, to recap:

Snowy tried to fish Doubting Thomas's role just after DT showed up (Snowy's post is on page 16, where he says "do you know your role"). DT was sensible not to answer but to me that looks like Snowy making a fishing attempt on a newbie. This immediately looked scummy to me.

Snowy voted for Foxcastle without explanation. When I asked him to provide one, his response (which you can read on page 46) was that he couldn't really answer, and didn't have the time or focus to ask himself the reason for his actions. A weird response. As I said at the time, why would someone have to ask themselves the reasons for their actions? Surely Snowy should know what Snowy is thinking?

What Snowy was actually revealing, I hath purported, is that Snowy doesn't want to explain Snowy's real motivation, so in order to respond properly to me, Snowy would need to fabricate a convincing reason for this behaviour, and was too lazy or didn't have time. I purport this to be scum-indicative.

Pressed further on this point, Snowy said "the reason why I offered no reason for the Fox vote was because I had none. If I were to put a label on it then I would say that the flow of the conversation demanded that pressure be put in him immediately following worcej's slips."

This is, as I stated, tantamount to saying "I was just going along with the flow and trying to look involved without drawing too much attention to myself or doing any real scumhunting".

All of which looks like slightly lazy scum trying to drift by.

3. The observations in (2) tie in with the case that Vecna has been making, which in general I agree with.

DoubtingThomas

#977 Post by DoubtingThomas » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:40 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:32 pm
The thing I find interesting about the DT vote is that he didn't come back and explain that that's the voting format on MU, which I suspected, but didn't know, and wanted to see how he replied. Instead he ignored that and jumped on me pretty aggressively about overexamining Chippe's supposed town slip.
I thought it was a common format that's used in other mafia sites (the only other website I used so far is mafiascum, and they also use that voting format there) so i thought it was kind of like a universal format. I also thought, for some reason, you played mafia elsewhere (I am guessing you haven't now?) so I thought you were familiar with the format

I didn't see you really asking question about my vote format tho before I "jumped on to aggresively attack" you tho so idk what you are talking about there

ND

#978 Post by ND » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:43 pm

Jamie is probably scum based on how he is playing. This is basically his play this game, paraphrased, 'lol ND is scum cause he asks me questions and /cry if he ever questions me he is scum!'. Like he is a petulant child, but what has he really done apart from picking on people and fading in and out? I don't have a good feeling about him.

Jamiet99uk

#979 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:43 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:35 pm
@Jamie

Do you have some reasons for pushing Foxcastle ASIDE from the worcej slip? I feel like everyone has latched onto that as a lazy excuse for targeting Fox when there is plenty other things to push there
Well it wasn't just the behavour at the time, but the long explanation Fox provided later on, when pressed on the matter. That explanation, to me, read very much like it was written by someone thinking "what would a logical and pro-town response be?" rather than "what was I actually doing?". If anything Fox's explanation felt like it was written too carefully, rather than just quickly providing an honest answer. It felt contrived.

DoubtingThomas

#980 Post by DoubtingThomas » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:44 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:51 pm
Quick notes while at lunch.

I am starting to get more town vibes from Snowy.

I really dislike ND play, but not sure he is scum.

I think Fox and DT interaction it's probably town x town but it's hard to not want to lunch DT. Playing aggressively is a lot different of being rude.
I think this bit makes rdrivera townie for me.

I admit, I have been rude both in this game and in m37, but I'd like to say I was far worse last game especially with my approach to Jamie (mb bro). that being said, I think it's interesting that rdrivera never mentioned once that I was rude (I believe) and expressed opinions like, "i want to lynch DT because he's so rude"

i think when he's saying "i think DT's a fucking town, but he's so rude it's hard to not lynch him" is quite a ballsy thing for a scum to say, and for rdrivera who was a scum last game who never even mentioned my rudeness, it's very different for him to say it at this point of the game.

I think I am comfortable putting rdrivera at hard town