MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#441 Post by ghug » Wed May 09, 2018 8:45 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 8:40 pm
@Ghug re: Ike

Sorry Im not quoting. I actually suck at the html stuff so am slow to respond (and I can tell its annoying you, but Im going as fast as I can). IT wasnt just the oxford comma, it was the EXPLANATION for the gun question (not the gun itself), and also the question to you on defense (where I liked your answer), and the pressure on Ezio. Basically, I liked him. You all know him better than I do, and I trust in the wisdom of the mob more than my own reads alone, but to trust the mob I have to be part of it and lay out my own views.
Now you're willing to trust the wisdom of the mob? Gross. The mob is full of idiots.

thamrick

#442 Post by thamrick » Wed May 09, 2018 8:45 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 8:40 pm
@Ghug re: Ike

Sorry Im not quoting. I actually suck at the html stuff so am slow to respond (and I can tell its annoying you, but Im going as fast as I can). IT wasnt just the oxford comma, it was the EXPLANATION for the gun question (not the gun itself), and also the question to you on defense (where I liked your answer), and the pressure on Ezio. Basically, I liked him. You all know him better than I do, and I trust in the wisdom of the mob more than my own reads alone, but to trust the mob I have to be part of it and lay out my own views.
I also liked the explanation for the gun question. But what pressure on Ezio? He asked him a few softball questions and never even voted him.

bozotheclown

#443 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 09, 2018 8:45 pm

Ezio voting for teacher for his no lynch vote seems odd considering how Ezio typically advocated for a D1 no lynch. I would not be surprised if they both are scum.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#444 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 09, 2018 8:45 pm

With a second vote, I expect I'll be staying on Jamie.

DrCJG

#445 Post by DrCJG » Wed May 09, 2018 8:48 pm

Maybe its just me but I feel like teacher has gone from calculated to sporadic...

Anyway, I am trying to catch up on everything. Is all of the hatred on Peter starting because he asked some questions about abbreviations... I mean yes I tried looking them up and used context clues... but they weren't obvious to me... I am going to read back through and certainly I can see his jump on Ike after Ike voted him to be a little scummy but depending on his personality it could just be a rash response.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#446 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed May 09, 2018 8:49 pm

Ezio wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 8:27 pm
@balki people scumread me for voting people near EoD 1 without a good reason after sitting on nolynch all day. Usually I see two big wagons and flip a coin (not literally) to pick which one to vote. To make the vote seem real I claim to have a scumread on the one I vote.
Try being honest and sincere. If you can literally draw no distinctions whatsoever between lynch targets, just say that. Hell, just say you flipped a coin.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#447 Post by ghug » Wed May 09, 2018 8:52 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 8:49 pm
Ezio wrote:
@balki people scumread me for voting people near EoD 1 without a good reason after sitting on nolynch all day. Usually I see two big wagons and flip a coin (not literally) to pick which one to vote. To make the vote seem real I claim to have a scumread on the one I vote.
Try being honest and sincere. If you can literally draw no distinctions whatsoever between lynch targets, just say that. Hell, just say you flipped a coin.
Agreed, but this is sadly a reality of Ezio.

Ike, are you around?

Can we make this Ike vs. bozo or maybe teacher?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#448 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 09, 2018 8:52 pm

On my phone now, and will continue to be for the rest of my time here today.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#449 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 09, 2018 8:52 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 8:52 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Ezio wrote:

Ike, are you around?

Why bozo?

teacher2

#450 Post by teacher2 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:53 pm

@Bozo: Im on the same wagon youre on, but have scummed you from lurking, and you come out of lurk to OMGUS scum me? Seems like youre preparing for this to be a mislynch.

##Vote: No-Lynch. I liked PeterLund because of the weird defense/associatives I was seeing with TrP and GHug. But TrP has indicated he isnt going to the Raging Ike wagon which is what I expected to happen.

@DrCJC: Very very accurate. I try to calculate during the morning and afternoon. Right before twilight, I try to get consensus I can feel comfortable about within my Process-of-Elimination pool. I got real comfortable with Ezio/PLund, but then Bozo and TrP upset that feeling.

POSTDRAFT EDIT: Bozo is in my PoE pool and Id be down.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#451 Post by ghug » Wed May 09, 2018 8:55 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Why bozo?
Look at how shitty he's being?

I feel like teacher's scared of Ike dying rn though. Maybe he'd be better.

bozotheclown

#452 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 09, 2018 8:55 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 8:53 pm
@Bozo: Im on the same wagon youre on, but have scummed you from lurking, and you come out of lurk to OMGUS scum me? Seems like youre preparing for this to be a mislynch.

##Vote: No-Lynch. I liked PeterLund because of the weird defense/associatives I was seeing with TrP and GHug. But TrP has indicated he isnt going to the Raging Ike wagon which is what I expected to happen.

@DrCJC: Very very accurate. I try to calculate during the morning and afternoon. Right before twilight, I try to get consensus I can feel comfortable about within my Process-of-Elimination pool. I got real comfortable with Ezio/PLund, but then Bozo and TrP upset that feeling.

POSTDRAFT EDIT: Bozo is in my PoE pool and Id be down.
I did not know you were scum reading me.

teacher2

#453 Post by teacher2 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:55 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 8:45 pm
Now you're willing to trust the wisdom of the mob? Gross. The mob is full of idiots.
A crowd of idiots beats one damn smart man every time. Look at hedge-fund performance versus index fund performance over the long run.

RagingIke297

#454 Post by RagingIke297 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:56 pm

ghug wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Ezio wrote:

Ike, are you around?

I'm here, I'm at work, I'll be checking as much as I can

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#455 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:56 pm

Well, seems people want to give Xorxes some time, so be it.
Both Peterlund and Ike are on my slight scum range so I am pretty comfortable with both being the main wagons.
##vote RagingIke297 to make things more interesting.

bozotheclown

#456 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 09, 2018 8:57 pm

I will give peterlund credit for now for moving off his top counter wagon.

##VOTE RagingIke297

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#457 Post by ghug » Wed May 09, 2018 8:57 pm

Whoa is peter leading? I assumed it was Ike. That probably changes something. Lemme think.

I feel like scum peter doesn't do that random vote on meta thing. This wagon also sucks. Alright, let's defend him.

Peter's obvtown guys. Vote Ike! We dislike Ike! We dislike Ike!

rd is my spirit animal.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#458 Post by DemonRHK » Wed May 09, 2018 8:58 pm

@Ezio, ghug: Are you basing some of your defense of xorx solely on his veterancy and overlooking his play because of it?

@no-lynchers: Do you think the lack of info is worth it?

@Prado: How you feel about the Ike wagon?

@reedeer: What happened to your Prado feeling? What is the worst weapon Uncle can give you in Rando?

@xorx: How do feel about stressed achoring behind you?

teacher2

#459 Post by teacher2 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:59 pm

not afraid of dying. Why I've Obv!towned. Ive actually expected to be the night kill. Would be unfortunate.

@Bozo: So you havent read the game? Page 19 I said I would hammer you. Page 20 I answered Ghug's question on what I meant. P 21 I include you in pool twice.

Honestly, if you're just joining a leading wagon without that context, Im even happier I got off.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#460 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed May 09, 2018 8:59 pm

GM NOTE:

teacher - please correct your vote to not inlcude a colon. It is not registering with the bot though I cam counting it.