MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
RagingIke297

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1981 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:51 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:22 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:17 pm
@RagingIke, since you are here, what do you think of Thamrick's (1) progression on Balki over the course of the game, and (2) reasons for saying he suspects Balki now?

Do you think Thamrick is being sincere in his Balki progression and vote? What do you think his reasons are? And how do you view Thamrick's alignment right now?
I'll look into this, why are you referring to yourself in the the third person?
The number of times you have mentioned Thamrick's name is 6 since the start of the game until an hour ago, since then you've said it 10 times. the number of times Thamrick has said your name is over 50, the majority of which come either D3 or D4. So I would say Thamrick has been more focused on you than you have been on Thamrick throughout the duration of the game thus far. Looking into the questions themselves now...

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1982 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri May 18, 2018 6:53 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:44 pm
I understand perfectly, this game is all about trade offs, why not trade a role block for some cover? All the better is on someone that's not under pressure, so its less suspect. Mayve you thought Xorxes was cop, I wouldn't know. Have you seen anyone else talking about throwing away RB's beside me? I don't see too many people jumping on the chance to call your claim false, it was actually pretty accepted D2
???

I can think of 4:

"Balki Bartokomous (4): Foxcastle, Ezio, thamrick, RagingIke297"

"Currently, Balki Bartokomous is scheduled to be lynched"

If my RB claim is true, I'm town. Right?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1983 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri May 18, 2018 6:54 pm

I'm glad Ezio is playing.

Ezio

#1984 Post by Ezio » Fri May 18, 2018 6:55 pm

You guys are looking at the NK's wrong.
Scum have been NK'ing good players whom they're afraid of. Everyone should be scared of Xorxes when he's town and is a natural N1 kill.

Teacher had an excellent early game and was pretty widely townread.

Ghug is Ghug and gonna Ghug.

Trying to analyze their scum/townreads and assuming Mafia are using those to determine their kills is poor play. Even if the Mafia are, it's impossible to know exactly which level they're playing at, so you've all been wasting your time.

The question you should be asking yourself is: Who would mafia be more scared of, if they're both town: Ghug or Balki? The answer is obviously Balki, and so why did they kill Ghug before Balki?

RagingIke297

#1985 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:57 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:51 pm
Townies who vote to lynch me right now are making a big mistake

(1) I was RBed on Night 1

Is it possible that I am still Scum? Of course it is. It is possible that Scum sacrificed their RB to give me cover. But that would be odd considering I was under no pressure, and it happens so often on this website that the person who gets RBed by scum ends up getting a lot of negative attention and eventually lynched for it.

(2) I have been active and aggressive

Again, is this in my scumrange too? Yes, it is. This is null from the perspective of my alignment. But it's worth noting that you would be killing one of the more active players who, if town, is actually trying. You will be left with the likes of whomever is town among snowy/Ezio/DRC/Bo/peter/Darg and others who are not really trying very hard.

(3) If I am Town, Scum think I may be Cop

If I am Town, you know I was RB on Day 1 and I have not been a leading wagon on any day. Thus, I am definitely a person who scum thinks might be Cop. They definitely want to lynch me, or get me on a lead wagon near enough to end of day that I would have to claim. Consider that when you see who is trying to make my wagon viable. And consider that if I am Town, I am a likely NK target tonight.
Point 1 you could have fake claimed
Point 2 you said yourself isn't a great point
Point 3 Everyone can say the same thing except me, Jamie and Snowy in your opinion

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1986 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri May 18, 2018 6:57 pm

Ezio wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:55 pm
You guys are looking at the NK's wrong.
Scum have been NK'ing good players whom they're afraid of. Everyone should be scared of Xorxes when he's town and is a natural N1 kill.

Teacher had an excellent early game and was pretty widely townread.

Ghug is Ghug and gonna Ghug.

Trying to analyze their scum/townreads and assuming Mafia are using those to determine their kills is poor play. Even if the Mafia are, it's impossible to know exactly which level they're playing at, so you've all been wasting your time.

The question you should be asking yourself is: Who would mafia be more scared of, if they're both town: Ghug or Balki? The answer is obviously Balki, and so why did they kill Ghug before Balki?
Is that why you are voting me?

Consider this: I actively requested to be Doc Saved on Day 3. How does that impact your analysis?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1987 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri May 18, 2018 7:00 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:57 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Is it possible that I am still Scum? Of course it is. It is possible that Scum sacrificed their RB to give me cover. But that would be odd considering I was under no pressure, and it happens so often on this website that the person who gets RBed by scum ends up getting a lot of negative attention and eventually lynched for it.

Again, is this in my scumrange too? Yes, it is. This is null from the perspective of my alignment. But it's worth noting that you would be killing one of the more active players who, if town, is actually trying. You will be left with the likes of whomever is town among snowy/Ezio/DRC/Bo/peter/Darg and others who are not really trying very hard.

If I am Town, you know I was RB on Day 1 and I have not been a leading wagon on any day. Thus, I am definitely a person who scum thinks might be Cop. They definitely want to lynch me, or get me on a lead wagon near enough to end of day that I would have to claim. Consider that when you see who is trying to make my wagon viable. And consider that if I am Town, I am a likely NK target tonight.
Point 3 Everyone can say the same thing except me, Jamie and Snowy in your opinion
(1) I could have fake claimed, but you did not respond to the reasons why that is unlikely. At worst, my D1 RB claim only makes it pretty likely I am town, and not a sure thing that I am town.
(2) No, I didn't say it isn't a great point. I said it's not alignment indicative. But it is still worth considering. You would lose a town player who is at least active, if not good.
(3) No, everyone cannot say the same thing. I am the only one in the Cop pool who has been RBed.

Ezio

#1988 Post by Ezio » Fri May 18, 2018 7:01 pm

@ balki It doesn't.
RHK and THAM, are you guys gonna stay on Snowy till EoD, because I think you're crazy if you are. He's clearly town. He's been set up for mislynch a few times but has been as towny as possible in all those cases.

Today should 100% be Thamrick vs Balki with balki winning.

RagingIke297

#1989 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:02 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:53 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:44 pm
I understand perfectly, this game is all about trade offs, why not trade a role block for some cover? All the better is on someone that's not under pressure, so its less suspect. Mayve you thought Xorxes was cop, I wouldn't know. Have you seen anyone else talking about throwing away RB's beside me? I don't see too many people jumping on the chance to call your claim false, it was actually pretty accepted D2
???

I can think of 4:

"Balki Bartokomous (4): Foxcastle, Ezio, thamrick, RagingIke297"

"Currently, Balki Bartokomous is scheduled to be lynched"

If my RB claim is true, I'm town. Right?
They aren't voicing they're disbelief or suggesting what could be happening. Its more so they're talking with their vote.

Why did you ask for my save last night?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1990 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri May 18, 2018 7:03 pm

I gotta go.

If you guys lynch me today, you suck. I've put the reasons down on the page already. I hope you read and consider them.

And I hope somebody looks at my Thamrick post with an open mind and really considers it and makes Thamrick answer those questions. I think that post is the best work I have done in this game to identify scum.

RagingIke297

#1991 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:03 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:00 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:57 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

(1) I could have fake claimed, but you did not respond to the reasons why that is unlikely. At worst, my D1 RB claim only makes it pretty likely I am town, and not a sure thing that I am town.
(2) No, I didn't say it isn't a great point. I said it's not alignment indicative. But it is still worth considering. You would lose a town player who is at least active, if not good.
(3) No, everyone cannot say the same thing. I am the only one in the Cop pool who has been RBed.
How does the point made in 3 not get canceled out by the fact that 1 is a possibility??

RagingIke297

#1992 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:07 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:03 pm
I gotta go.

If you guys lynch me today, you suck. I've put the reasons down on the page already. I hope you read and consider them.

And I hope somebody looks at my Thamrick post with an open mind and really considers it and makes Thamrick answer those questions. I think that post is the best work I have done in this game to identify scum.
"Someone push my Thamrick wagon for me"

Ezio

#1993 Post by Ezio » Fri May 18, 2018 7:11 pm

Eh I think I will actually.

##Vote Thamrick.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1994 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri May 18, 2018 7:27 pm

Vote Count 4.4

Balki Bartokomous (3): Foxcastle, thamrick, RagingIke297
Ezio (3): dargorygel, bo_sox48, Jamiet99uk
Thamrick (3): rdrivera2005, Balki Bartokomous, Ezio
Snowy801 (2): DemonRHK, yavuzovic
DrCJG (1): snowy801
Yavuzovic (1): DrCJG
Jamiet99uk (1): TrPrado
Bo_sox48 (1): peterlund

Currently nobody is set to be lynched

There are 2.5 hours remaining in D4.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1995 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:42 pm

Ezio wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:01 pm
@ balki It doesn't.
RHK and THAM, are you guys gonna stay on Snowy till EoD, because I think you're crazy if you are. He's clearly town. He's been set up for mislynch a few times but has been as towny as possible in all those cases.

I agree with you but I think Thamrick should win. The way he is using old post and NK reads to cast shade on people (Balki, me, you) is scummy as it can be.

Foxcastle

#1996 Post by Foxcastle » Fri May 18, 2018 7:45 pm

It seem unusually quiet for EOD... I guess the site can't overload if nobody's here, at least. :neutral:

RagingIke297

#1997 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:50 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:45 pm
It seem unusually quiet for EOD... I guess the site can't overload if nobody's here, at least. :neutral:
It's a little early yet, but people are dying foxy, this happens as the game goes on. Do you think Balki's RB claim is fake?

Foxcastle

#1998 Post by Foxcastle » Fri May 18, 2018 7:52 pm

The only RB claims are Balkie N1, and you N..3? Is that correct?

RagingIke297

#1999 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:54 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:52 pm
The only RB claims are Balkie N1, and you N..3? Is that correct?
Yup

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2000 Post by DemonRHK » Fri May 18, 2018 7:55 pm

Ezio wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:01 pm
@ balki It doesn't.

Here we go again.

Give me hard evidence he is town.

You have 2 days of saves at the last minute that lynched town. Real fuckin townie there.

‘But he resigned himself to the lynch’ which is NAI as hell.

The only 2 possibilities are:

SNOWY IS THE FUCKING GODFATHER.

Or

SNOWY IS TOWN AND THE SUB 5% CHANCE EVERY GODDAMN WAGON HAD BEEN TOWN.

This had been my vote since the end of day 1. It will continue to be my vote until snowy is dead, I’m dead, or we lose.