Kouncil Announcement: The Retirement of President Eden

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Kouncil Announcement: The Retirement of President Eden

#1 Post by dargorygel » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:23 pm

The Kouncil announces that a valuable, insightful, wise, man of integrity who has served the webDip mafia community has resigned his position on the Kouncil.

President Eden introduced mafia to the webDip forum back in the dark ages. Others of you were around for those first games, too, but Eden taught us about this game, wrote a document with useful introductory advice, GMed many early games, played superbly…

… and is our friend.

He took a hiatus from our numbers for a while, but returned again years later just when he was needed. He provided wisdom, a fairly level head, experience, and administrative willingness and skills. We can’t imagine this game without him.

And now he has found that real life concerns call on his energies, attention, and time. President Eden has been lurking in the background, offering advice and technical know-how for a number of months. But now he is officially resigning.

We hope he will be back.

Please thank him for his service below.

PS We tried to exert force of various kinds to get him to stay, but he threatened to sue us.

sweetandcool

Re: Kouncil Announcement: The Retirement of President Eden

#2 Post by sweetandcool » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:38 pm

NOOOOO

"And now he has found that real life concerns call on his energies, attention, and time."

Daredevil confirmed?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3 Post by dargorygel » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:44 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:38 pm
NOOOOO

"And now he has found that real life concerns call on his energies, attention, and time."

Daredevil confirmed?
I have never seen the Daredevil and President Eden in the same room at the same time.... hmmmm....

JustAGuyNamedWill

#4 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:47 pm

Hm I don’t know who this President Eden is but he seems nice

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5 Post by Chaqa » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:10 pm

A well-deserved retirement for a good friend.

I'm sure he will be back to play at some point, but for now he is devoted to Managed Democracy.

President Eden

#6 Post by President Eden » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:28 pm

Darg graciously gives me more credit than I'm due. He, ghug, and more recently Chaqa have kept this machine running.

Your trust these past few years has been an honor. Forum communities rarely last this long, but Webdip Mafia continues to grow, overcome challenges, and excel. I am particularly excited to see the outcome of the new democratic enterprise. (Without politicizing this post too much, and perhaps to no surprise, I endorse ghug's and Chaqa's candidacies.) You guys are the best, and deserve more active and invested leadership than I can provide right now. Recognizing this, I'm making official what was already effectively true and resigning from the Kouncil. I know I've been a bit difficult to reach of late, but I'm reachable on Discord and here.

Thanks for the opportunity to lead the community for the past few years. I look forward to its continued growth and success in the days to come!

Pengwinja

#7 Post by Pengwinja » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:51 am

I have no idea what’s happening and I’m still very sad.

damo666

#8 Post by damo666 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:19 pm

Thanks PE

Jamiet99uk

#9 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:40 pm

Thank you, John Henry Eden, for your years of diligent service. I am erecting a small blue plaque somewhere in my mind, in your honour.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.