Twenty questions, round 100000000

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: Twenty questions, round 100000000

#41 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:51 am

Hominidae wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:40 am
cdngooner wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:32 am
The Pass to Midwest Northeast is intriguing. Wikipedia page usually gives place of birth.
I agree. The four census regions are very clearly described and easily accessible (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_regions_of_the_United_States). Its pretty much impossible not to be able to find the place of birth of a living person famous enough to qualify for this game.
This is not a comparison I would make in any other circumstance, but remember Tank Man? Not everyone who is famous is famous in a traditional way that would lead to all their biographical details being well-known.
According to the internet he is from Arizona.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Hominidae

#42 Post by Hominidae » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:12 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:51 am
Hominidae wrote:
cdngooner wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:32 am

I agree. The four census regions are very clearly described and easily accessible (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_regions_of_the_United_States). Its pretty much impossible not to be able to find the place of birth of a living person famous enough to qualify for this game.
This is not a comparison I would make in any other circumstance, but remember Tank Man? Not everyone who is famous is famous in a traditional way that would lead to all their biographical details being well-known.
Yeah, he did grow up there apparently. But in the US it's extremely common to move from one part of the country to another, especially to a place like Phoenix. It's more likely than not that he was born in Arizona, but it's unclear enough that the pass was probably justified.

Spartaculous

#43 Post by Spartaculous » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:54 am

han-shahanshah wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:18 am
Thanks! Another of your clever picks.
Thank you! This one came from a conversation with a friend about people who are very well-known, but known as "that guy who...". So I've done "that guy who dressed up like a buffalo to storm the Capitol" and "that guy who does the voice of Mario".
Hominidae wrote:
This is not a comparison I would make in any other circumstance...
Everyone is glad for this disclaimer.
Hominidae wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:12 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:51 am
Yeah, he did grow up there apparently. But in the US it's extremely common to move from one part of the country to another, especially to a place like Phoenix. It's more likely than not that he was born in Arizona, but it's unclear enough that the pass was probably justified.
This is exactly the reason I passed. If cdngooner had repeated the passed question, I would have gone with "no", but I couldn't find any specific details saying he was born in Arizona. (For what it's worth, I grew up my entire life in one town in a particular state until I went off to study at university - but I was born in a different state.)