Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
snowy801

Re: Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

#3921 Post by snowy801 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:34 pm

Hello brainbomb

rivera and Kaka made some posts recently. Have you any thoughts on those?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3922 Post by Chaqa » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:35 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:32 pm
Suppose we take everything you said at face value:

After I initiated multiple people came out agreeing with the view that you are scum

ghug, rdrivera, brainbomb comes to mind

Others suggested null or otherwise, like Will, foodcoats, Kaka

What are your snap judgments regarding their reaction to our interaction?
I also think ghug is scum, and that has been the case since Day 1, so I think anything he says is suspect.

Rivera is barely active in this game and is historically very bad at reading me, so I also do not know how much value I put in his read.

Brainbomb will have me as his strongest townread within 4 hours if history is anything to go by.

I generally townread Will, Food, and Kak.

You stood out because you were, to be frank, being the most abrasive and also you're the one who seemed most upset. Kak approached this in a very fair manner whereas you seem out for blood.

brainbomb

#3923 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:35 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:34 pm
Hello brainbomb

rivera slight improvements
kak im starting to wonder why he was universally townread

snowy801

#3924 Post by snowy801 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:38 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:35 pm
snowy801 wrote:

After I initiated multiple people came out agreeing with the view that you are scum

I also think ghug is scum, and that has been the case since Day 1, so I think anything he says is suspect.

Rivera is barely active in this game and is historically very bad at reading me, so I also do not know how much value I put in his read.

Brainbomb will have me as his strongest townread within 4 hours if history is anything to go by.

You stood out because you were, to be frank, being the most abrasive and also you're the one who seemed most upset. Kak approached this in a very fair manner whereas you seem out for blood.
You repeatedly mention that I seemed upset. What do you think I was upset by?

That my ploy to vote on Balki was ruined somehow?
That Dip died? I asked you before whether you thought it was believable that I would blame you and you alone for the Dip kill when the day would always end that way, and I don't recall you ever addressing this.
Suppose I were scum: have you given thought on what would upset me about how D3 ended?

snowy801

#3925 Post by snowy801 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:39 pm

brainbomb wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
Hello brainbomb

Anything in particular about Kak's post sent alarms ringing?

foodcoats

#3926 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:42 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:58 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:58 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:20 pm

Very good catch, brain.

Brainbomb for mayor. Oust Balki now!
What's the catch?
Outing cops is bad for town because town wins a 3-way if the survivor is a cop.

brainbomb

#3927 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:42 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:39 pm
brainbomb wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
Hello brainbomb

Anything in particular about Kak's post sent alarms ringing?
lack of fully considering what I was saying for one. Two his voting habits are terrible always pushing solo wagons most of the day. one of which wound up being cop

snowy801

#3928 Post by snowy801 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:44 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:42 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:58 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:58 pm

Very good catch, brain.

Brainbomb for mayor. Oust Balki now!
What's the catch?
Outing cops is bad for town because town wins a 3-way if the survivor is a cop.
I did not realize there were even tiebreaking mechanics, though I suppose it makes sense to have one

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3929 Post by Chaqa » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:52 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:38 pm
Chaqa wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

You repeatedly mention that I seemed upset. What do you think I was upset by?

That my ploy to vote on Balki was ruined somehow?
That Dip died? I asked you before whether you thought it was believable that I would blame you and you alone for the Dip kill when the day would always end that way, and I don't recall you ever addressing this.
Suppose I were scum: have you given thought on what would upset me about how D3 ended?
At a base level you're clearly mad I hammered while you were off wagon.

I've already said I don't see why I should be taking all the blame for hammering when eight other people did. If it wasn't clear, I do think it's odd that you are blaming me for that.

At the end of the day I just don't think you voting for Balki is a big deal and you seem to think it's a huge deal, so that is part of why I suspect you from this exchange.

brainbomb

#3930 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:59 pm

Chaqa wrote:

No the ongoing war of ego between you and Snowy is what I expect from both of you as town. And it is pretty much the only live entertainment this thread has going for it at this point.

brainbomb

#3931 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:04 pm

Town
ND
Snowy
Foodcoats

Everything else
chaqa
rdrivera
kakarrotto
demonrhk
ghug
balki
pirate
damo
will
fidelis

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3932 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:16 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:05 am
ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:28 pm
Strong town:
King
ghug
Dr. F (especially not Angel)
damo
Worcej
Food

Weak town:
Kak

Null:
Brain

Strong town but should die:
ND

Angel but not Judge:

Judge but not Angel:
rd (Null)

Scummy:
Balki
Sweet
Will
Snowy
Chaqa
Poor sweet literally getting scumread after he is dead and flipped town.

Also isn’t this list just a repeat of the earlier one? It really looks like you are trying to appear busy, especially when you leave in a dead guy.
If you'd looked at the previous one, you'd notice that sweet is the continuation of a joke. There were also other changes.

The lists are mostly for me to keep track of my thoughts. I'm not especially concerned with how they appear.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3933 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:26 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:54 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:08 am
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:49 am

am I right in reading this as you think both might be mafia, but on different teams?
I think it's less likely they'd be on the same team but I'm far from ruling it out.
snowy seemed quite angry. Is he normally someone who would get so riled up?
Yes. He gets into fights with people he thinks are being stupid.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3934 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:30 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:13 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:08 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:42 pm
hey man cool fake reads. I like how you have rdrivera in there who is heavily scumreading me and theres like zero thoughts about why he would be my scum buddy there
I have to agree with you on this one, this read list sucks badly.
Well obviously you’d say that lmao
It's not because you list me as scum, but because it didn't seem to evolve.

You have me as scum since forever, so I am a solid scum read. I claimed RB and you never questioned me or even show any thought about it. I just don't see on you the confusion most town should be feeling this game.

For example, I was scumreading Brain but Dip flip makes me reconsider it a bit as the main reason I scumread him was that I thought he might have RBed (or pushed his team to) KoP to frame me. Now that Dip flipped town I don't see Brain on his team.

brainbomb

#3935 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:35 pm

ghug, what do you think of post 3906 about balki saying cops should mass claim, given the tiebreak rules in this setup?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3936 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:36 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:31 pm
If I die please reread post 3809 where I explain the exact reasons why, and show my work on Will being scum.

In his reads he continuosly lists DipandWar as scum, and steadily keeps pushing players down into his scumreads to artificially move dip further up his list. This is noted in post 3809. During this time you might say "so what, he still scumreads dip, thats not scummy", but what is scummy is continuously and excessively voting alongside dip despite scumreading him, never questioning him directly, never quoting him, never actually talking about him, and then when dip is up for elimination, instantly its "dip is probably innocent". And there is some mention that this was a ploy to pretend to not really think this at all.

I expect I will die here, but will is scum, fidelis is also scum. and killing fidelis is probably more important here in case he is an arsonist.
How'd you get a specific role out of this?

ND

#3937 Post by ND » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:39 pm

I won’t have time to post again this phase so here are my thoughts. If I die then I die. Good luck.

-Kotp: No idea. This could be a mechanical thing. It could also be maia obfuscation which my reveal interrupted. Maybe someone who wants to bait visits at night. But, I just don’t know.

Dip&War. Glad he got hammered. GG.

-Ghug/Will/DrF.
DrF. -I caught a scum tell with his vote on me earlier in the game.
Will. -It’s always suspicious when people talk about shielding or avoiding scrutiny of new players; especially serious advocacy for it.
Ghug. -Out of this group most likely to be playing with interests not aligned with town. I caught an instance of him hedging D2.

-Balki/Brain
-Brain. It’s always hard to say. Brain is a good player. I can’t offer a substantial read on him at this time.
-Balki. More problematic. His focus on mechanics, plans, and stuff like that is an easy way for scum to hide. A discussion like that allows people to have the appearance of adding to the game without actually adding to the game. He would be a scum lean for me.

-Snowy/Kak
-Kak/Snowy. I saw a comment from snowy about how I was being ‘mean’ to Kak. I completely disagree and again we see a player falling back on ‘feelings’ as a crutch. It’s not being mean to throw a punch in a game such as forum mafia. Each game is its own thing and the game revolves around statements, evidence, facts. When a player doesn’t draw on the body of evidence and instead uses the low post count of a player or how they ‘feel’ then that is problematic. Why? Because the scum have nothing of value to say and they look for crutches like this to blend in or they try to mimic or vote with the tide (like what DrF did during d1). They don’t produce value. When I point out that Kak doesn’t produce anything of value that is not being mean. That is being factual. Talking about removing someone because they don’t post more on D1 or because of something they said and how that makes you feel isn’t forum mafia. IDK what it is. It’s not mean to criticize someone playing in this way because it means they are either really bad or mafia. I actually don’t think Kak is mafia though just based on his reaction to my claim. He was shocked that his theory didn’t hold water and wanted to do anything to make it work. Anyway, I don’t want to poke too much but it’s more of a bad player than a scum tell if that makes sense. And to wrap this up I would have more of a scum lean on Snowy for promoting this ‘feelings/mean’ stuff.

-Chaqa
-I don’t have much to say other than I have a neutral read on him. He told me in the sign up thread that, ‘thanks for volunteering on being the day 1 kill’ or something like that. He kept his word and mostly targeted me so it’s hard to make any kind of read on that. It’s obvious that he dislikes my politics and has mentioned politics multiple times when that has nothing to do with the game and I have never mentioned politics in this game. He is obviously a very small minded and intolerant person. Truly unable to let go of past grievances and anyone who can’t play a fresh game really has no business playing in a forum game. However, I expect him to be around for years to stink up these games.

Others
I didn't give a read on everyone. Others like Worcej are town cleared. So, anyway if I die then gl.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3938 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:42 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:35 pm
ghug, what do you think of post 3906 about balki saying cops should mass claim, given the tiebreak rules in this setup?
I think mass claiming is a bad idea. I don't think the tiebreaker is the difference maker as much as having a lot of game left to play, though.

I think his perspective of desperation is actually more likely to come from town seeing the town vs. scum numbers in total, because scum would be counting the two teams separately and afraid of each other. He continues to push mechanics rather than reads though, which is not a good look.

brainbomb

#3939 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:43 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:42 pm
brainbomb wrote:
I think mass claiming is a bad idea. I don't think the tiebreaker is the difference maker as much as having a lot of game left to play, though.

I think his perspective of desperation is actually more likely to come from town seeing the town vs. scum numbers in total, because scum would be counting the two teams separately and afraid of each other. He continues to push mechanics rather than reads though, which is not a good look.
so how much acid did you have to do to squeeze that nuanced answer out

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3940 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:46 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:43 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:42 pm
brainbomb wrote:

so how much acid did you have to do to squeeze that nuanced answer out
I'm high on Oregon coastal dreariness and nothing else, at present.