Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
foodcoats

Re: Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

#3641 Post by foodcoats » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:28 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:32 pm
I've had a thought
##vote Balki
snowy, what was your thought?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3642 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:31 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:08 pm
ND could be addicted cop or Pa Angel’d and both D&W and ND are town. If we miskill both town has essentially lost.

Also, because there is a “shadow game” between the two evil factions, there is possibly information that is unknown to town but known to the scum in various ways. This means we can’t fully parse ND’s motivations if he is scum.

No one has wondered why ND claimed at day start, for example, which is universally considered poor cop play even in a vanilla game.

I think the voices who are most sure of killing Dip immediately are extremely suspect (damo, Balki, maybe some others I haven’t noticed as clearly).
Addicted cop is admittedly a good point. As far as start of day claiming, with a guilty scan you've already let wriggle for an extra day I don't hate it. Bad play or not, it is likely something I would have done, but I am a bad player.

As far as the shadow game, it's better to eject what we can know.

You make a few good points, but I'm keeping my hammer on for now. I feel we need to act where we can. If we get even one we cna try to pick the whole team apart.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3643 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:33 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:23 pm
Uh oh... brain, Will... this guy miscounted the number of players... bet he's scum. Jamie knows that's a hard scum tell. :lol:
I did? I pulled 16 right from the bot...

snowy801

#3644 Post by snowy801 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:34 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:28 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:32 pm
I've had a thought
##vote Balki
snowy, what was your thought?
As ND claimed it occurred to me that the reason why Balki is acting so scummy isn't because he's slipping, but because he's a MMA who highly calculated his odds and wants votes

Biit of a stretch admittedly

kingofthepirates
Location: Dragon Temple, Crumbling Farum Azula, The Lands Between

#3645 Post by kingofthepirates » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:38 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:24 pm
kingofthepirates wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:18 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:11 pm
Everyone should slow down. Smoke a fat blunt and drink four fingers of bourbon or whatever you need to do.
As a minor, this is illegal for me lol. Should I break the law? /j

As for the eclipse, I hope all those in Caelid- sorry, Ohio are having fun!
Sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable! It was an off colour joke.

How about... "Summon your spectral steed to reach new heights!" :-D
I like your sense of humor. That was a good one. You get points in my book at least (not scum/town, but as a person who exists) :D
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman

foodcoats

#3646 Post by foodcoats » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:44 pm

I think that if D&W flips scum, Will is a likely partner. Will is extremely spastic since ND's claim. This is mostly a gut-read agglomeration of a number of his posts:

1. He was onto the D&W wagon very fast and placed an immediate END, and I know scum!Will can bus extremely hard.
2. He has claimed since voting that he townreads D&W, but every day so far he has placed D&W near the bottom of his town-scum spectrum and has not updated this read except to state he townreads D&W while voting for him. This is extremely hedgy and random and smells of spew.
3. He then moved off of D&W to vote ND based on something from KOTP that I don't think directly bore on D&W's alignment - it is not even clear to me what caused Will to say he was going to follow KOTP's lead to vote ND when he had previously made a hard agreement with ND's cop claim - which feels like scum!Will grabbing onto his pocketed read's statement to divest of bussing his partner. More spew.
4. He then got back onto D&W when he realized the lack of continuity in how he interpreted KOTP's statements.
5. Based on his recent scumgame Will gets annoyed at people scumreading him when he is scum. His reaction to brain's very fluffy scumread on him seems overreacted.

If D&W flips scum I'd think that Will is on D&W's team and ND and KOTP are not on the same team as D&W and Will.

foodcoats

#3647 Post by foodcoats » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:45 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:33 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:23 pm
Uh oh... brain, Will... this guy miscounted the number of players... bet he's scum. Jamie knows that's a hard scum tell. :lol:
I did? I pulled 16 right from the bot...
Oh shit.

I'm the scum now.

foodcoats

#3648 Post by foodcoats » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:51 pm

I think it would be really great for all my fellow townies to look at the Dip wagon and describe who they think is the scum on there and why.

As I have said I think it is JustAGuyNamedWill IF D&W is scum. There is also another player who looks bad IF D&W is town - I will endeavour to iso them this afternoon, so hopefully we do not hammer until we get closer to T-24.

The only other thing to note about my #justdipthings connection is that I only looked at how D&W came up in Just's iso, and not how Just appears in D&W's iso -but for my present purposes of identifying the scum on D&W's wagon I don't think I need to see D&W's take on Just just yet.

ND

#3649 Post by ND » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:51 pm

Hmm

I'll check back in like 12 hours. Nothing more to say rn. K, bye.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3650 Post by Chaqa » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:53 pm

got my eclipse glasses and it's not cloudy yet. Hopefully we'll have a good view

brainbomb

#3651 Post by brainbomb » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:54 pm

Research

Balki at highest point D2
Balki (6) brainbomb, chaqa, diplomacy, justaguynamedwill, snowy801, sweet
sweet (6) Balki, DemonRHK, drFid, kingofpirates, rdrivera, worcej
ND (2) ghug, kak
worcej (2) damo, vecna

(these are not in order of vote, they are in alphabetical, as that is easer without gm vote counts to transfer over from bot to here, if someone has a better way to show vote order please do so)

ND at highest point
ND(5): brainbomb, chaqa, demonrhk, ghug, kak
Sweet(5) (Balki, Dr Fid, kingofpirates, Rdrivera, worcej
Balki (4) DipandWar, JustaguynamedWill, snowy801, sweet
worcej (2) Damo666, vecna

Damo at highest point
Damo (4) DIp and War, Foodcoats, Justaguynamedwill, sweetandcool
ND (2) kak, snowy
Sweet (2) Balki, worcej
Balki (1) brainbomb
foodcoats (1) damo
Dip (1) Chaqa
Unvoted (1) Demon RHK
JustaguynamedWill (1) ghug
Rdrivera (1) Kingofpirates
brainbomb (1) Vecna

Thoughts on this: dipandwar votes and actions seems to imply balki is never on a team with him.

damo666

#3652 Post by damo666 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:56 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:31 pm
foodcoats wrote:
ND could be addicted cop or Pa Angel’d and both D&W and ND are town. If we miskill both town has essentially lost.

Also, because there is a “shadow game” between the two evil factions, there is possibly information that is unknown to town but known to the scum in various ways. This means we can’t fully parse ND’s motivations if he is scum.

No one has wondered why ND claimed at day start, for example, which is universally considered poor cop play even in a vanilla game.

I think the voices who are most sure of killing Dip immediately are extremely suspect (damo, Balki, maybe some others I haven’t noticed as clearly).
Addicted cop is admittedly a good point. As far as start of day claiming, with a guilty scan you've already let wriggle for an extra day I don't hate it. Bad play or not, it is likely something I would have done, but I am a bad player.

You make a few good points, but I'm keeping my hammer on for now. I feel we need to act where we can. If we get even one we cna try to pick the whole team apart.
Addicted cop is NOT a good point.

ND would know if he was docsaved and would therefore be more cagey about getting a Guilty. Forget Addicted Cop. The only danger is if Dip was PA'd.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#3653 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:59 pm

oh boy lookie here

JustAGuyNamedWill

#3654 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:59 pm

i will explain the brain thing later

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3655 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:59 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:51 pm
I think it would be really great for all my fellow townies to look at the Dip wagon and describe who they think is the scum on there and why.

As I have said I think it is JustAGuyNamedWill IF D&W is scum. There is also another player who looks bad IF D&W is town - I will endeavour to iso them this afternoon, so hopefully we do not hammer until we get closer to T-24.

The only other thing to note about my #justdipthings connection is that I only looked at how D&W came up in Just's iso, and not how Just appears in D&W's iso -but for my present purposes of identifying the scum on D&W's wagon I don't think I need to see D&W's take on Just just yet.
I think Dip's notes about the DrF slip are valid,. and I think they are each on different teams. I Still think Will is scummy for the EoD railroad and then trying to run it back D2.

2nd tier is rdr...because I always sus rdr. And brain has been mostly hinged and level this game, so blind sus for that.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#3656 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:01 pm

foodcoats wrote:

So I would’ve thought it would be more obvious but no

Obviously I’m gonna trust the cop claim. I was trying to appeal to DW so that he could give a reads list and help us try and catch his partners

Smh my head maybe my fault but still

snowy801

#3657 Post by snowy801 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:02 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:01 pm
foodcoats wrote:

So I would’ve thought it would be more obvious but no

Obviously I’m gonna trust the cop claim. I was trying to appeal to DW so that he could give a reads list and help us try and catch his partners

Smh my head maybe my fault but still
I heard you

brainbomb

#3658 Post by brainbomb » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:05 pm

This is where the DrFid wagon begins to rebuild as end of day approaches.

sweet 5 : Balki, Drfid. kingofpirates, rdrivera, worcej
Balki:(5) damo, dipandwar, justaguynamedwill, sweet
ND (4) : Chaqa, DemonRHK, ghug, kak
Dr Fidelis (3) brainbomb, foodcoats, vecna

once again, the sweet wagon people are cemented in their stance and position. none of them waiver at all.

the ND wagon and Balki wagon seem fluid and ever shifting other than Will and Dip who seem locked in. Damo makes a key move from balki to the fidelis grouping making it 5-4-4-4

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3659 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:10 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:56 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:31 pm
foodcoats wrote:

Addicted cop is NOT a good point.

ND would know if he was docsaved and would therefore be more cagey about getting a Guilty. Forget Addicted Cop. The only danger is if Dip was PA'd.
Oh I had it flipped, shit. My bad

brainbomb

#3660 Post by brainbomb » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:14 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:05 pm
This is where the DrFid wagon begins to rebuild as end of day approaches.

Balki:(5) damo, dipandwar, justaguynamedwill, sweet

once again, the sweet wagon people are cemented in their stance and position. none of them waiver at all.

the ND wagon and Balki wagon seem fluid and ever shifting other than Will and Dip who seem locked in. Damo makes a key move from balki to the fidelis grouping making it 5-4-4-4
CORRECTION
Balki:(4) damo, dipandwar, justaguynamedwill, sweet
rdrivera (1) snowy

damo move off balki makes it 5-4-3-1