Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

#3561 Post by brainbomb » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:30 am

Indulge me

Did will go a little out of his lane you guys set for him?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3562 Post by Chaqa » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:34 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:03 am
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:34 am
ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:23 am

I think brain is basically obligated to tinfoil in this situation regardless of his alignment, and in this setup he can do that somewhat legitimately. The throw-in will comment after the fact felt corny and not in line with the rest of the thought, and that's pinging me. I haven't fully processed what I make of it yet.

The other thing getting me is how incomplete his analysis of sweet voters last night was. He took the time to find one post of mine and then just completely ignored the rest of them. He didn't get to day two. I don't think he even got to everyone?

Why are you townreading him so strongly?
It's mostly vibes. I have generally been townreading people who are contributing heavily and seem to be presenting plausible theories, but I guess brain is probably capable of writing essays on anything given his prolific nature and ability to approach any angle with zeal.

It is a bit odd that he hasn't started fighting with me yet.
Why do you scumread me then?
You know what you did

kingofthepirates
Location: Dragon Temple, Crumbling Farum Azula, The Lands Between

#3563 Post by kingofthepirates » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:34 am

ND wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:30 am
damo666 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:12 pm
ND wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:10 pm
I'll be back later, but prob best to end it imo. Although if people want to root around for connections Dip&War made for 46 more hours that's fine too.
What do you make of kotp saying his FALSE report on you is significant?
Could be something mechanical that happened and he is an investigative role of some kind.

Could also be a mafia play.

if it is mafia then we have caught him and dip&war so that's two mafia down.
-Kill me then kill dip and kotp.
-kill dip, force mafia to NK me, kill kotp
-kill kotp, force mafia to nk me, kill dip

As soon as dip flips it validates me and kotp is screwed unless there is some mechanical stuff that happened. Haven't really read past this.
I don’t want to reveal my role, but I will say that cops CAN proc a false. I thought I made that clear.
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3564 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:35 am

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:47 am
Another mechanical possibility:

ND is an Angel and was visited by Judge Mortis. He knows he is going to die but doesn’t want to announce it because his team would have to do theatre all day. Instead he makes a fake claim to get a miskill of a non-Angel (and one who has been scumread so is easy to push).
I find this brainstorm interesting.

It’s just…ND has made this claim with great conviction, and he just seems to me to be telling the truth. [shrug] There are certainly reasons to be skeptical, but I think the most likely explanation is that ND is telling the truth.

I don’t think that ND was a likely target of Judge Mortis on Day 2, and I think there are higher priority targets than Dip&War if this were a gambit.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3565 Post by ghug » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:45 am

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:34 am
ghug wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:34 am

It's mostly vibes. I have generally been townreading people who are contributing heavily and seem to be presenting plausible theories, but I guess brain is probably capable of writing essays on anything given his prolific nature and ability to approach any angle with zeal.

It is a bit odd that he hasn't started fighting with me yet.
Why do you scumread me then?
You know what you did
This is a claim like Will's, right?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3566 Post by ghug » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:46 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:35 am
foodcoats wrote:

ND is an Angel and was visited by Judge Mortis. He knows he is going to die but doesn’t want to announce it because his team would have to do theatre all day. Instead he makes a fake claim to get a miskill of a non-Angel (and one who has been scumread so is easy to push).

It’s just…ND has made this claim with great conviction, and he just seems to me to be telling the truth. [shrug] There are certainly reasons to be skeptical, but I think the most likely explanation is that ND is telling the truth.

I don’t think that ND was a likely target of Judge Mortis on Day 2, and I think there are higher priority targets than Dip&War if this were a gambit.
It suggests to me that food is unlikely to be scum with ND or Dip, at least.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3567 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:57 am

Going on a zip line and a hike, and riding some horses and chilling in some hot springs tomorrow. I feel like scum don’t do any of that stuff, so I’m clear.

Love you guys.

ND

#3568 Post by ND » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:13 am

kingofthepirates wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:23 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:11 pm
Thank you ND, nice summary.

@kotp you've got some explaining to do.
right then, I'll take questions. If ND is coming out and hard claiming cop (i think that is the correct terminology), so am I. I've taken a second look at roles to refresh, and ND being op is not out of the question. If you're asking why vote for them, Will asked a question, and I answered truthfully. If I had to pick, I'd probably pick ND at the moment. My lack of engagement over the past few days has probably affected this, but ND's day 1 shenanigans/bit left a large first impression on me, and it was quite annoying. This was also before I followed my own idea and checked Vecna's vote for D2. Dr.Fid is now on the table for me as well, and combined with some of the D2 arguments I've read, I'm now leaning in this direction more than for ND.
at the moment, I'm totally unclear as to who I want to vote for, and until I catch up will be withholding from any decisions. any posters willing to drop a TLDR of stuff I've missed in the discussion for D3 and/or D2 are very much appreciated.
Really convenient that your N2 'scan' was Vecna -who died. This is usually a scum tell in a cop v cop counter claim situation. But, maybe I am misunderstanding.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3569 Post by ghug » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:15 am

ND wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:13 am
kingofthepirates wrote:
damo666 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:11 pm
Thank you ND, nice summary.

@kotp you've got some explaining to do.
right then, I'll take questions. If ND is coming out and hard claiming cop (i think that is the correct terminology), so am I. I've taken a second look at roles to refresh, and ND being op is not out of the question. If you're asking why vote for them, Will asked a question, and I answered truthfully. If I had to pick, I'd probably pick ND at the moment. My lack of engagement over the past few days has probably affected this, but ND's day 1 shenanigans/bit left a large first impression on me, and it was quite annoying. This was also before I followed my own idea and checked Vecna's vote for D2. Dr.Fid is now on the table for me as well, and combined with some of the D2 arguments I've read, I'm now leaning in this direction more than for ND.
at the moment, I'm totally unclear as to who I want to vote for, and until I catch up will be withholding from any decisions. any posters willing to drop a TLDR of stuff I've missed in the discussion for D3 and/or D2 are very much appreciated.
Really convenient that your N2 'scan' was Vecna -who died. This is usually a scum tell in a cop v cop counter claim situation. But, maybe I am misunderstanding.
He scanned you N2. He was roleblocked N1. (All allegedly, obviously, but I'm very inclined to believe it.)

He's also not CCing you, just outing that his scan on you suggests you could be bad but doesn't confirm it. I suspect you're both telling the truth.

ND

#3570 Post by ND » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:33 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:15 am
ND wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:13 am
kingofthepirates wrote:

He scanned you N2. He was roleblocked N1. (All allegedly, obviously, but I'm very inclined to believe it.)

He's also not CCing you, just outing that his scan on you suggests you could be bad but doesn't confirm it. I suspect you're both telling the truth.
Maybe I misread. I'm tired. Idk.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3571 Post by ghug » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:54 am

##END

sweetandcool

#3572 Post by sweetandcool » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:20 am

++VOTE COUNT 3.0++ (No Flavour Edition)

Diplomacy&Warfare (10) - ND*, brainbomb, worcej*, damo666, Chaqa, DrFidelis, Balki Bartokomous, ghug*, JustAGuyNamedWill, kingofthepirates
ND (2) - Kakarroto, Diplomacy&Warfare
Balki Bartokomous (2) - snowy801, foodcoats

Currently, Diplomacy&Warfare is set to be terminated with extreme prejudice.
36 hours remain in Day Three.

damo666

#3573 Post by damo666 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:50 am

brainbomb wrote:
Is he fun to play with: yes
Is it gonna make sense: no
Is it infuriating: absolutely because it makes his town game watered down and his scum game all about seeing what he can get away with
Self analysis

damo666

#3574 Post by damo666 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:06 am

I hardclaim not vanilla cop.

The only way kotp"s progression msense akes is if he is vanilla cop. A false would make ND more likely scum than town PR but still possible cop.

I believe this and quasi town clear both ND and kotp.

Dip is therefore almost certainly scum. There is the PA possiblity but we cannot afford to let him slip by on that basis.

##end

foodcoats

#3575 Post by foodcoats » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:51 am

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:52 am
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:52 am
snowy801 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:46 am
I really don't think Will is scum though, if my opinion has any weight

Still chewing on ghug
Whats his flavor?
Chaqalate
A flawless wisecrack.

foodcoats

#3576 Post by foodcoats » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:59 am

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:26 am
I suppose it's inevitable that interest in this phase has waned
But I do feel like between the Vecna kill and the ND claim there's plenty of stuff to be discussed
I shall turn in for the day but I encourage everyone to post some thoughts rather than simply waiting out the hammer
Indeed, the Vecna kill is the other thing on my mine. Who killed Vecna?

Judge Death is reasonable. Vecna is a respected solver and a legitimate doctor target.

Judge Fear is impossible.

Judge Mortis is impossible.

Judge Fire is possible, but it implies Judge Fire was afraid they would not survive D3. If Vecna was prime and killed by Fire, ND or DrFidelis seem to be the main candidates to be that judge.

Finally, the MMA is possible, and likewise in that case ND or DrFidelis killed Vecna. Given that Fidelis also received a vote on D1, it is more likely ND is MMA. This also works with ND making a fakeclaim because he can reliably draw votes in future phases but still argue he was manipulated by Pa or is an Addictive if Dip flips town.

foodcoats

#3577 Post by foodcoats » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:01 am

ND wrote:
damo666 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:12 pm
ND wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:10 pm
I'll be back later, but prob best to end it imo. Although if people want to root around for connections Dip&War made for 46 more hours that's fine too.
What do you make of kotp saying his FALSE report on you is significant?
Could be something mechanical that happened and he is an investigative role of some kind.

Could also be a mafia play.

if it is mafia then we have caught him and dip&war so that's two mafia down.
-Kill me then kill dip and kotp.
-kill dip, force mafia to NK me, kill kotp
-kill kotp, force mafia to nk me, kill dip

As soon as dip flips it validates me and kotp is screwed unless there is some mechanical stuff that happened. Haven't really read past this.
Dip flipping town would not guarantee you are scum. Dip flipping scum does not guarantee you are town.

foodcoats

#3578 Post by foodcoats » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:01 am

brainbomb wrote:
Indulge me

Did will go a little out of his lane you guys set for him?
I think Will could be scum. I agree the way he is OMGUS scumreading you is reminiscent of his scum game.

damo666

#3579 Post by damo666 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:05 am

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:59 am
snowy801 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:26 am
I suppose it's inevitable that interest in this phase has waned
But I do feel like between the Vecna kill and the ND claim there's plenty of stuff to be discussed
I shall turn in for the day but I encourage everyone to post some thoughts rather than simply waiting out the hammer
Indeed, the Vecna kill is the other thing on my mine. Who killed Vecna?

Judge Death is reasonable. Vecna is a respected solver and a legitimate doctor target.

Judge Fear is impossible.

Judge Mortis is impossible.

Judge Fire is possible, but it implies Judge Fire was afraid they would not survive D3. If Vecna was prime and killed by Fire, ND or DrFidelis seem to be the main candidates to be that judge.

Finally, the MMA is possible, and likewise in that case ND or DrFidelis killed Vecna. Given that Fidelis also received a vote on D1, it is more likely ND is MMA. This also works with ND making a fakeclaim because he can reliably draw votes in future phases but still argue he was manipulated by Pa or is an Addictive if Dip flips town.
I think it very very likely Judge death.

ND can't really argue Addictive. If Dip is killed and flips town NDs only argument would be PA.

However I fully expect Dip to flip scum.

foodcoats

#3580 Post by foodcoats » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:07 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:35 am
foodcoats wrote:

I haven’t played with you before, I don’t think, but you seem to be experienced in WedDip Mafia, and it seems naive to believe that someone acting with conviction is town indicative.

Also, if the gambit was in play, the goal of decaying!ND would not be to get the best possible miskill, but to ensure a non-Angel kill. D&W has been quite widely scumread and is a good target for this gambit.

I will give you a townie point for not seeming to realize that scum will also be okay with killing the other scum team. But again, given how deeply you seemed to weigh the setup initially, and how shallow you have become, I think you are more and more likely to be coasting scum.