Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

#3281 Post by brainbomb » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:47 pm

its a total eclipse

Kakarroto

#3282 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:48 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:15 pm
kak it feels like you are looming over my opinions this game and not engaging with them. im very surprised to hear you thought sweet was just playing a perfectly normal regular town game. like... was that normal by his standards?
the vibe I got from him, it felt to me it was normal sweet. Sure there were some oddities on D1, but not too much. I would never call that bizarre. Maybe it's just a difference of definition of this word.

Especially D2 I felt that sweet was just playing normal, doing his stuff with the cases he made. I wouldn't say I fully townread him, but a townlean he had, at least a bit. Definitely nothing overly outstanding that would make me wonder.

Like, compare that to ND, who is DEFINITELY bizarre in this game, compare that to the item game, where he stole from and shot Vecna. Sweet was only a little bit different.

brainbomb

#3283 Post by brainbomb » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:49 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:48 pm
brainbomb wrote:
kak it feels like you are looming over my opinions this game and not engaging with them. im very surprised to hear you thought sweet was just playing a perfectly normal regular town game. like... was that normal by his standards?
the vibe I got from him, it felt to me it was normal sweet. Sure there were some oddities on D1, but not too much. I would never call that bizarre. Maybe it's just a difference of definition of this word.

Especially D2 I felt that sweet was just playing normal, doing his stuff with the cases he made. I wouldn't say I fully townread him, but a townlean he had, at least a bit. Definitely nothing overly outstanding that would make me wonder.

Like, compare that to ND, who is DEFINITELY bizarre in this game, compare that to the item game, where he stole from and shot Vecna. Sweet was only a little bit different.
and I feel the opposite that this is just how ND acts when he is mafia. and this is pretty normal for him

snowy801

#3284 Post by snowy801 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:50 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:49 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

and I feel the opposite that this is just how ND acts when he is mafia. and this is pretty normal for him
To clarify are you saying this is normal town ND or normal mafia ND

ND

#3285 Post by ND » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:50 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

again a post about vibes/feelings. What's factual?

What do you have to say other than kill a lurker or that this person is strange?

Nothing.

What a loser

Diplomacy&Warfare

#3286 Post by Diplomacy&Warfare » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:51 pm

DrFidelis wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:12 pm
Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:40 pm
DrFidelis, I'm also going to have to apologize for pointing out this.
DrFidelis wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:56 pm
In the span of six minutes, I woke up, saw the discord DM from the GM reminding me I do have to participate in the game, read the (unrefreshed) bot page, voted the wagon, read the discussion, refreshed the bot page, and then picked between the people they were actually voting. Though if you'd like to vote me, whatever. At least I tried to play mafia. I'm not cut out for webDip forum mafia.
Specifically:
DrFidelis wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:56 pm
I woke up, saw the discord DM from the GM reminding me I do have to participate in the game
How in the world does jamiet have your discord if you are town?
When I interrogated you, you said:
DrFidelis wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:56 am
Serious answer, I either only knew Jamiet through this or MAYBE some other thread or game we were in.
So Jamiet doesn't have your discord from anything unrelated to this game. Town generally send PMs to the GM via webDip PM. My conclusion is that you are scum and that is how jamiet has your discord.
I actually had joined the discord weeks prior to ask about what gunboat meant, and made sure to change my discord name to my webDip name for clarity. I think that’s where Jamiet got my discord, reaching out to me through there to get my attention more clearly.
The webDip discord, which you are not in???

brainbomb

#3287 Post by brainbomb » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:51 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:50 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:49 pm
Kakarroto wrote:

To clarify are you saying this is normal town ND or normal mafia ND
scum ND
ND is scum
this is how he normally behaves when he is mafia
definetely scum. yes

Kakarroto

#3288 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:51 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:43 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:41 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:11 pm

if you read the next post about what disrupted my focus, I have 4 dogs in my house right now and 2 of them urinated all over the kitchen floor. I stepped in a pool of urine while beginning my rereads and write up on my phone. I couldnt tell you why I wrote hamilton but I meant will. and thats what interrupted the process
hmm, I see. Yeah that's not implausible. I would check the dogs if they might be chaqa's spies, but other than that I can very much accept that.

Are you in the vicinity of the partial eclipse? As far as I know it goes over the eastern part of the US?
kind of. my wifes family is driving down to branson, in arkansas. the eclipse will pass over there at 100%. even here its gonne be an 80% so im considering getting my glasses.

chaqas spies? lol
you know, dogs ...

ohhh, I hope you enjoy the show then! If you watch directly, please, please be very careful with your eyes! Don't do anything without special protection. As far as I know, normal sunglasses are not good enough

brainbomb

#3289 Post by brainbomb » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:52 pm

I will not be staring at the sun. this isnt my first time

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3290 Post by ghug » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:53 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:36 pm
ghug wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:59 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:55 pm

A lot of hypotheticals assuming the slip is true and this post is true
I think it's quite exciting

Also re: meta
Didn't we used to invite every player to an empty discord chat just to prevent this kind of thing? I remember being invited to something like that before what changed
I don't believe you think I'd defend a scum teammate the way I've defended Fidelis. If you want to scumread me separately, fine, but that's just absurd

We stopped doing that unless it's a game with townies who can chat, but made the existence of discord very clear. A link to the webDip discord was posted in the signups. I'm not sure if Fidelis joined.
as far as I remember, you were always someone who would try to defend a mafia-mate when they were on the block and weren't a totally lost cause. The way you played with Fidelis, I could see you do that as mafia.

I give you that you would probably do that as town to one of your townreads too, but, if Fidelis flips mafia, you'd have high chances to be his partner
I did this exactly once with damo and it was a terrible mistake. Damo is also much more likely to redeem himself than a new player who isn't active.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3291 Post by ghug » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:56 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:41 pm
I try to put myself in ghugs mind at that end of day where hes super against the fidelis wagon, and scumreading sweet, and he can always just vote sweet. and push sweets wagon to be super big, and none of any of that has to even be a discussion. he had the ability all the way to the end to drive balki instead of ND, instead of fidelis and if he wasnt super sure on sweet he couldve just gone balki instead.
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:56 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:53 pm

I'm less inclined to think that's game related given the travel and given the sort of person Balki is.
When he came under pressure yesterday he wasnt traveling and he disappeared right when it began

but he didnt want to consider that because balki is on vacation. that seems weird to me.

or were you not scumreading balki at all ghug?
I was scumreading Balki. Sweet started the day more scummy than him in my mind and they ended the day about equal.

I defend against logic I don't like even if it reaches a conclusion I agree with. I definitely do this with scum teammates too, and the fact is that I didn't push Balki hard despite scumreading him D2, so if he flips scum at some point it's fair to question me (I also tried to flashwagon him D1). I'm not discouraging scumreading him in general here, though, I'm discouraging scumreading him for inactivity, because I think that's unlikely to be a good metric.

brainbomb

#3292 Post by brainbomb » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:57 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:56 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:53 pm
Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:52 pm

Too late
If I am cop, Id scan Will
Its never too late bruv

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3293 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:59 pm

Scanning ghug.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3294 Post by ghug » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:59 pm

If I die I scanned foodcoats.

Also if I didn't die.

If I'm not a cop, it was some other form of scanning. Perhaps metaphysical.

Kakarroto

#3295 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:59 pm

ND needs to go. I think it would even be the best to just endvote him, that would also make the mean machine useless. Maybe the only one factor to not endvote him is to wait for anyone to claim they were poisoned, or whatever that power is.

if Fidelis flips mafia, ghug is very sus. There might be a connection of ghug to Balki, so that shouldn't be forgotten. Other than that, I don't see much of ghug being mafia. Balki hrrmm ... I wish he did more. Not mafreading him, but I'm not convinced he is town.

I think chaqa is likely town, but he needs to do more. Don't let him get into hiding, if he's town we need him, and if he's mafia, he shouldn't be allowed to just stay back!

brain, Vecna and snowy are likely town. Will very likely town.

if I've forgotten much, sorry, didn't type that in before, just now.

I'm gonna scan worcej

ND

#3296 Post by ND » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:59 pm

@Dip&Warfare

snowy801

#3297 Post by snowy801 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:59 pm

worcej (town)
kingofthepirates (town)
Will (town)
Kakarroto (town)
foodcoats (town)
brainbomb (town)
ghug (town)
DemonRHK
DrFidelis
rdrivera2005
Chaqa
ND
damo666
Vecna
Diplomacy&Warfare
Balki Bartokomous

It ain't much, but it's honest work
See you on the flip side

Jamiet99uk

#3298 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:00 pm

++ NIGHT HAS ENDED ++
+++ PLEASE HOLD +++
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Jamiet99uk

#3299 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:04 pm

TIMESTAMP: April 03, 2128: 08:00 Hours
SECTOR 168: DAY PATROL

GENERAL BRIEFING:

++DATA++STATUS RED++

+item+
DARK JUDGES
Presence of at least one of the Dark Judges in Mega-City one is now confirmed. All units be on high alert. Judges Dredd and Anderson now investigating. Report any paranormal activity to Senior Psi Judge Powell, Psi-Division, Meg Central.

+item+
MURDER
Prominent Sector 168 vid star Neil S. Holgersson, best known for his children's vid show "The Mr. Goose Happy Hour" was found dead at 06.45hrs outside his penthouse home atop Rutger Hauer Con Apts. Due to the situation of the corpse, murder is assumed. Senior Judge Bleeker leading the investigation. Judges are advised not to answer any enquiries from the press regarding this matter. Contact Bleeker with any information.

++DATA++STATUS YELLOW++

+item+
FIRE
The fire in Larry Hagman Con Apts was extinguished at 21:23hrs. Significant damage to block structure. 104 deaths confirmed, 52 citizens still missing. Skedways and pedways leading to and from the block remain closed. Suspected arson. Tek Judge Medway leading investigation.

++DATA++GENERAL STATUS++

+item+
WEATHER
Programmed rain began at 06.00hrs, scheduled to continue until 11:00, followed by sunny weather.

+item+
VEHICLE THEFTS
Vehicle thefts reported past 24hrs: 262
Recoveries: 14

VECNA has died. He was Neil S. Holgersson, the Vanilla Citizen!

​DAY THREE HAS BEGUN
YOU MAY POST
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Diplomacy&Warfare

#3300 Post by Diplomacy&Warfare » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:05 pm

ND wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:59 pm
@Dip&Warfare
???