M1028: The Sweet Food Consensus - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M1028: The Sweet Food Consensus - Game Thread

#441 Post by ghug » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:27 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:11 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:05 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:01 pm
when you do all these joke votes and trophy votes
what do you expect scum aligned people to do that town aligned people wont do
Nothing specific. D1 is like making a pearl. You need a grain of sand to start the growth, so you just do shit that slowly becomes real.
which vote of yours ever became real
rd was a real vote. You're a real vote.

But you're missing the point.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#442 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:39 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:02 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:25 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:24 pm

You can’t be serious.
100%

Nothing I've seen from you makes me think you're town.
I get the vibe that Will is really trying to solve here, he's just bad at it. This is a vibe I did not get last game, which I should have listened to more.

brain's pushes on me and Jamie are much more suspect in my mind. Much less Charlie at the whiteboard with the string and the pictures and much more agendaed consistency than I'm used to.
Ya I’m a lot better at going with the flow and waiting til later to do some serious work

JustAGuyNamedWill

#443 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:42 pm

Yeah @ghug all these joke votes and real votes are kinda not helping.

Also how is rdr a real vote?

How are we supposed to know when ur joking and telling the truth?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#444 Post by ghug » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:51 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:42 pm

You can always ask if you're not sure.

Rd hadn't participated yet. I wanted some pressure when he showed up. Nobody joined me, so it didn't really work.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#445 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:53 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:51 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:

Rd hadn't participated yet. I wanted some pressure when he showed up. Nobody joined me, so it didn't really work.
So what did you learn tho? I assume rdr didn’t really think he was going to get pressure, so it kinda of defeats the purpose?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#446 Post by ghug » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:59 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:53 pm
ghug wrote:
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:

So what did you learn tho? I assume rdr didn’t really think he was going to get pressure, so it kinda of defeats the purpose?
"it didn't really work."

JustAGuyNamedWill

#447 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:59 pm

Ok more unrelated thoughts

Not a huge fan of rdr right now but I haven’t got much info from him so idk

Jamie is gone :( his presence at least helped us get info

Its weird that no wagon has really picked up more than 2 votes other than Jamie

JustAGuyNamedWill

#448 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:59 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:59 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:53 pm
ghug wrote:

"it didn't really work."
I guess if you made it less jokey of a vote it might’ve

brainbomb

#449 Post by brainbomb » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:04 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:27 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:11 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:05 pm

Nothing specific. D1 is like making a pearl. You need a grain of sand to start the growth, so you just do shit that slowly becomes real.
which vote of yours ever became real
rd was a real vote. You're a real vote.

But you're missing the point.
No I get your point, its just awfully convenient.

brainbomb

#450 Post by brainbomb » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:07 pm

your votes before me were an invalid one, which you said was a trophy vote.

then you had a vote for a non poster who showed up eventually and you said you wanted to scare him and it clearly did not do that.

and now your system of creating a pearl out of a clam has landed on me and now miraculously your vote is a legit one, with reasons that I havent tinfoiled enough; despite the fact your original misgivings about me was that I was tinfoiling on jamie too much.

brainbomb

#451 Post by brainbomb » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:13 pm

Evidence of your inconsistent approach
ghug wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:50 pm

How did Jamie manage to turn two other people into Jamie?
ghug wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:37 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:52 pm
Aren't you normally much more wary, and cognizant of Jamie's slips, gaffes and failures to be consistent?

Why are you giving a free pass to that here?

this post is @ ghug
I don't think that's an accurate assessment of how I read Jamie. I think he's a good scum player who isn't especially prone to those sorts of mistakes. It's more tone, motive, and emotion that I look for to read Jamie.

I think he's more likely to be scum here than you or Will, but more because he provoked y'all with the seven thing and then was very level-headed in responding. My mind immediately jumped to the conclusion that he was being silly when he made the seven comment. I think y'all are making a mountain out of a molehill.
ghug wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:26 pm

I have vague townreads on brain and Will, but that's about it right now.
ghug wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:39 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:31 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:12 pm

I did not slip, I did it on purpose, as I have stated.
Right and ghug believes you did it on purpose when you clearly did not. And I am asking ghug here why he buys your explanations. And he also answered this already.
Brain, I thought he was doing it on purpose before I read any responses to it. That you and Will didn't pick up on it doesn't change the fact that it was obvious.
ghug wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:09 am
I guess I think Jamie would be irritated about this regardless of alignment because I agree the reasons purple are giving on him are pretty questionable.
ghug wrote:

brain's pushes on me and Jamie are much more suspect in my mind. Much less Charlie at the whiteboard with the string and the pictures and much more agendaed consistency than I'm used to.

It seems to me that you found my scumread of Jamie incredibly charlie at the whiteboard, super farfetched, illogical and out of sync with reality. The fact I pushed it hard also seemed to be why you were townreading me.

So, when I stopped pushing Jamie and started pushing you, why are you including Jamie push in with your reasoning-when you found the Jamie reasoning too tinfoil to be legitimate in the first place.

This seems to be an inconsistent stance

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#452 Post by ghug » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:14 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:07 pm

then you had a vote for a non poster who showed up eventually and you said you wanted to scare him and it clearly did not do that.

and now your system of creating a pearl out of a clam has landed on me and now miraculously your vote is a legit one, with reasons that I havent tinfoiled enough; despite the fact your original misgivings about me was that I was tinfoiling on jamie too much.
I never had misgivings about you because you were tinfoiling on Jamie too much. I thought the argument was lame, but I expressed a mild townread over it. My concern now is that your view of the game isn't moving around very much.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#453 Post by ghug » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:16 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:13 pm
Evidence of your inconsistent approach
ghug wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:50 pm

How did Jamie manage to turn two other people into Jamie?
ghug wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:37 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:52 pm
Aren't you normally much more wary, and cognizant of Jamie's slips, gaffes and failures to be consistent?

Why are you giving a free pass to that here?

this post is @ ghug
I don't think that's an accurate assessment of how I read Jamie. I think he's a good scum player who isn't especially prone to those sorts of mistakes. It's more tone, motive, and emotion that I look for to read Jamie.

I think he's more likely to be scum here than you or Will, but more because he provoked y'all with the seven thing and then was very level-headed in responding. My mind immediately jumped to the conclusion that he was being silly when he made the seven comment. I think y'all are making a mountain out of a molehill.
ghug wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:26 pm

I have vague townreads on brain and Will, but that's about it right now.
ghug wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:39 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:31 pm

Right and ghug believes you did it on purpose when you clearly did not. And I am asking ghug here why he buys your explanations. And he also answered this already.
Brain, I thought he was doing it on purpose before I read any responses to it. That you and Will didn't pick up on it doesn't change the fact that it was obvious.
ghug wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:09 am
I guess I think Jamie would be irritated about this regardless of alignment because I agree the reasons purple are giving on him are pretty questionable.
ghug wrote:

It seems to me that you found my scumread of Jamie incredibly charlie at the whiteboard, super farfetched, illogical and out of sync with reality. The fact I pushed it hard also seemed to be why you were townreading me.

So, when I stopped pushing Jamie and started pushing you, why are you including Jamie push in with your reasoning-when you found the Jamie reasoning too tinfoil to be legitimate in the first place.

This seems to be an inconsistent stance
I believe you're capable of fabricating a single read in your style. I don't believe that you're overall performance is one of someone who is paranoid and willing to try on theories the way you normally do.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#454 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:19 pm

How come brain and I can come to similar conclusions yet brain is scumread for it and I’m just trying to solve

brainbomb

#455 Post by brainbomb » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:20 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:14 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:07 pm

I never had misgivings about you because you were tinfoiling on Jamie too much. I thought the argument was lame, but I expressed a mild townread over it. My concern now is that your view of the game isn't moving around very much.
Then this is you being out of touch with my meta and where it is at over the last volume of games. I focus more and meander less. I am alot more focused on finding three candidates I think are scummy, five if im in a bigger game and theres more. but three is suitable, I named them, kak, will, jamie, and added you as a fourth. they have meandered a bit, but there still on my radar.

my scum radar didnt include players who hadnt posted because worcej is busy and rdr is usually absent early. damo seemed town because I find him annoying, and D&W was doing really strange stuff that seemed more akin to being town.

I find kak sus, he could be mafia
I find you scummy and think the lighthearted votes are more your scum heuristic to a very very slight degree, but its there for me and I am aware of it. you eluded me last time you were mafia, there is some degree of hope and joy my instincts on you are accurate.

you are a master at arguing things and I know that you would use that skill as either alignment but as scum you would use it more to confuse me and throw my reads out the window for people. as town you probably would just be more wary of me.

the difference is you said I was town when I was on Jamie, and youve now changed your stance because you were presumably white knighting him against a very beligerent town and you wanted to look good.

will is still possibly mafia but he has some moments where he says things I think he is more likely town for saying. things he couldnt say when he was scum

foodcoats

#456 Post by foodcoats » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:23 pm

Official Vote Count 1.4

JustAGuyNamedWill (2) -Jamiet99uk, worcej
ghug (2) - brainbomb, JustAGuyNamedWill
worcej (1) - damo666
Jamiet99uk (1) - Diplomacy&Warfare
Diplomacy&Warfare - (1) - Kakarroto
Kakarroto (1) - rdrivera2005
brainbomb (1) - ghug

The Society is frozen yogurt with indecision; no one is yet salty enough to get popcorned.

About 2.5 hours remain in Day 1.

brainbomb

#457 Post by brainbomb » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:25 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:16 pm

I believe you're capable of fabricating a single read in your style. I don't believe that you're overall performance is one of someone who is paranoid and willing to try on theories the way you normally do.
Im not paranoid because I dont think the game has gotten away from the town, people have not all rallied around an idea I am uncomfortable with. I am still very much a candidate whose voice might actually be followed, so I feel pretty confident that trusting my own instincts and seeing people who have followed me on Jamie as an example; spells good news for me getting to see the flips I would like to see.

if you put me in a game with chaqa, and damo, and snowy, and durga, and you, and worcej, and a bunch of new players; youll see me in a pretty pathetic situation where I know most of the people in the game dont respect me or would be interested in my theories.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#458 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:26 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:25 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:16 pm

Im not paranoid because I dont think the game has gotten away from the town, people have not all rallied around an idea I am uncomfortable with. I am still very much a candidate whose voice might actually be followed, so I feel pretty confident that trusting my own instincts and seeing people who have followed me on Jamie as an example; spells good news for me getting to see the flips I would like to see.

if you put me in a game with chaqa, and damo, and snowy, and durga, and you, and worcej, and a bunch of new players; youll see me in a pretty pathetic situation where I know most of the people in the game dont respect me or would be interested in my theories.
Hey now, you’re an all star, get the show on, get paid

brainbomb

#459 Post by brainbomb » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:28 pm

if you are town ghug

then maybe the difference you are seeing is the willingness to settle on my instincts and not question them like I used too. and just, lock and load. ive been doing this for a few games now and it worked pretty poorly last game as I hard locked in foodcoats and bunny as scum, and chaqa, and my fourth was will. I only had 1 accurate read in my holster. I hard towned on sweet and on hammy, but I never gave up on will and I died before my hopes could be fully brought into reality.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#460 Post by ghug » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:32 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:19 pm
How come brain and I can come to similar conclusions yet brain is scumread for it and I’m just trying to solve
1. I'm getting more insight into your thought process than I've seen when you've been scum.
2. I find brain to not be in line with his town meta. I also think he'd go out on a bit of a limb to get me miskilled as scum.