A new RPG idea

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chairpusher

Re: A new RPG idea

#101 Post by Chairpusher » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:42 am

Efax arriving at the Town Hall.

1. Walks up to the old gentleman and says." Honoured Sir, can you tell me if there are any old ruins or buildings outside of town ?

2. Keep away from the Hobgoblin as far as possible and do his best look like he is not part of the group in case of trouble.

3. Look around the Town Hall.

Chairpusher

#102 Post by Chairpusher » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:43 am

1. Walks up to the old gentleman and says." Honoured Sir, can you tell me if there are any old ruins or buildings outside of town ?

2. Keep away from the Hobgoblin as far as possible and do his best look like he is not part of the group in case of trouble.

Pengwinja

#103 Post by Pengwinja » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:50 am

Darrel is a barrel. He proceeds to do barrel things like

1. Fall over
2. Contain things
3. Contemplate life existance. Why am I here? Am i really a barrel?

kingofthepirates
Location: Dragon Temple, Crumbling Farum Azula, The Lands Between

#104 Post by kingofthepirates » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:37 pm

Numen, noticing the old man and recognizes him as that one cranky neighbor next door who seems really annoying but actually cares a lot. “Oi gramps, what’s goin’ on here?” Numen asks as he goes to stand beside the old man, the suspiciously ax-shaped and sharp and possibly blood splattered guitar on their back glinting in the light.
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman

DarthPorg36

#105 Post by DarthPorg36 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:01 pm

Aelvyn attempts to sneak into the back of the town hall, looking for mysterious objects, prisoners, blood, or other signs of villainous activities that an all-powerful hero like himself could single-handedly take down with ease.

mOctave

#106 Post by mOctave » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:06 pm

Qlik, who seems to have popped out of existence prior to firing his rocket launcher, remains popped out of existence.

Kakarroto

#107 Post by Kakarroto » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:16 pm

Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:58 pm
Everyone takes i fire damage and pi bludgeoning damage
Aeraalys feels the harm done to everyone in her vicinity, then falls on her knees, holds her palms up and open and begins to chant a prayer to her goddess. "Oh great mother, I beg you, show mercy to those poor souls and cure their wounds. Take away their suffering, mend what is broken and make them whole again."

A warm light radiates from her palms, pulsating softly, filling the surroundings with a feeling of warmth, removing any pain and slowly healing everyone in reach around her.

Chairpusher

#108 Post by Chairpusher » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:44 pm

Efax finding himself healed

1. Gives thanks to Aeraalys for her help, with a pledge to return a favour in the future;

2. Look around the Town Hall and looking for any secrets or signs that could help;

3. Find Qulik and bite him in the neck.

kingofthepirates

#109 Post by kingofthepirates » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:26 pm

Numen, upon being healed, politely thanks Aeraalys, and offers a free ticket to their next concert. They are still waiting for what old man says regarding the current situation.
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman

Diplomacy&Warfare

#110 Post by Diplomacy&Warfare » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:47 pm

Chairpusher wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:43 am

The old man snaps at you, "You youngsters don't bother doing anything yourselves, do you? There are ruins everywhere."
The town hall is a semi-formal building, large and sturdy. There's a suspiciously looking barrel in the corner.
Pengwinja wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:50 am
Darrel is a barrel. He proceeds to do barrel things like

1. Fall over
2. Contain things
3. Contemplate life existance. Why am I here? Am i really a barrel?
You fall over. A voice in your ear whispers, "You are not a barrel. You are actually a chest..."
kingofthepirates wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:37 pm
Numen, noticing the old man and recognizes him as that one cranky neighbor next door who seems really annoying but actually cares a lot. “Oi gramps, what’s goin’ on here?” Numen asks as he goes to stand beside the old man, the suspiciously ax-shaped and sharp and possibly blood splattered guitar on their back glinting in the light.
One of the young men pauses to throw a knife at you. Does it hit or miss you? If it hits, where? Also, what poison was on the blade?
The old man yelps and falls over.
DarthPorg36 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:01 pm
Aelvyn attempts to sneak into the back of the town hall, looking for mysterious objects, prisoners, blood, or other signs of villainous activities that an all-powerful hero like himself could single-handedly take down with ease.
There's a spider in one corner, and a barrel that might contain villanous fluids in another.
Kakarroto wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:16 pm
Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:58 pm
Everyone takes i fire damage and pi bludgeoning damage
Aeraalys feels the harm done to everyone in her vicinity, then falls on her knees, holds her palms up and open and begins to chant a prayer to her goddess. "Oh great mother, I beg you, show mercy to those poor souls and cure their wounds. Take away their suffering, mend what is broken and make them whole again."

A warm light radiates from her palms, pulsating softly, filling the surroundings with a feeling of warmth, removing any pain and slowly healing everyone in reach around her.
You successfully heal everyone nearby, although that doesn't stop someone from getting a knife thrown at them.
Chairpusher wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:44 pm
Efax finding himself healed

1. Gives thanks to Aeraalys for her help, with a pledge to return a favour in the future;

2. Look around the Town Hall and looking for any secrets or signs that could help;

3. Find Qulik and bite him in the neck.
There is a barrel in one corner that looks oddly familiar.
Qlik is popped out of existence right now:
mOctave wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:06 pm
Qlik, who seems to have popped out of existence prior to firing his rocket launcher, remains popped out of existence.
Round 9
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kingofthepirates

#111 Post by kingofthepirates » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:54 pm

Numen catches the knife between 2 fingers, centimeters from their nose "jeez gramps, who are these brats? Hope you don't mind if I teach them a lesson..." Numen then tosses the knife right back into the thigh of the young man who threw it, then advances forward, holding the guitar in an aggressive stance, displeasure clear on their face.

^role playing version

actions:
1. catch knife and ask the old man
2. throw the knife back
3. advance, ready to fight

Chairpusher

#112 Post by Chairpusher » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:55 am

Efax decides to:
1. Avoid the Barrel and spider and search the Town Hall further;

2. Look for signs of old documents;

3. Keep an eye out for Qlik, so when he appears, he will be bitten in the neck.

DarthPorg36

#113 Post by DarthPorg36 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:07 pm

Aelvyn, eager to investigate the villainous fluids, quickly attempts to

a) catch the spider, alive
b) open the barrel
c) drop the spider into the barrel
d) investigate what the fluid in the barrel does

Pengwinja

#114 Post by Pengwinja » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:09 pm

Oh gosh, does my barrel have fluids again? The spider proceeds to become a barrel, around the same size of what it once was. Darrel refuses to believe he is a chest, and phases out of existance. Oh look, a rocket launcher.

Diplomacy&Warfare

#115 Post by Diplomacy&Warfare » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:43 pm

Pengwinja wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:09 pm
Oh gosh, does my barrel have fluids again? The spider proceeds to become a barrel, around the same size of what it once was. Darrel refuses to believe he is a chest, and phases out of existance. Oh look, a rocket launcher.
This is a little bit confusing. Is Darrel the spider?

mOctave

#116 Post by mOctave » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:51 pm

Qlik pops back into existence just as the fuse on the rocket launcher runs down. Finding himself pointed at Efax, Qlik is sadly unable to prevent the rocket launcher from doing the inevitable (firing).

Qlik then examines the fluid in the barrel to see if it's alcohol.

Pengwinja

#117 Post by Pengwinja » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:49 am

Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:43 pm
Pengwinja wrote:
Darrel is a barrel that contains fluids that turns things into barrels. Darrel cannot deal with being a chest, and disappears from existance due to disbelief.

Diplomacy&Warfare

#118 Post by Diplomacy&Warfare » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:11 pm

kingofthepirates wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:54 pm
Numen catches the knife between 2 fingers, centimeters from their nose "jeez gramps, who are these brats? Hope you don't mind if I teach them a lesson..." Numen then tosses the knife right back into the thigh of the young man who threw it, then advances forward, holding the guitar in an aggressive stance, displeasure clear on their face.

^role playing version

actions:
1. catch knife and ask the old man
2. throw the knife back
3. advance, ready to fight
"Ooohhhh, I think I hurt a muscle there. Would one of you youngsters help me up?"
The knife lands solidly in the young man's thigh. Both him and the one he was arguing turn towards you and unsheath swords, yelling, "Intruders! Intruders in the town hall!"
Chairpusher wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:55 am
Efax decides to:
1. Avoid the Barrel and spider and search the Town Hall further;

2. Look for signs of old documents;

3. Keep an eye out for Qlik, so when he appears, he will be bitten in the neck.
There is, in fact a slightly faded document over there, BOOM, or, there was! It appears a rocket just exploded in your face. You lunge at Qlik and bite him in revenge, and you both tumble into the fluid in that barrel over there and turn into barrels.
DarthPorg36 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:07 pm
Aelvyn, eager to investigate the villainous fluids, quickly attempts to

a) catch the spider, alive
b) open the barrel
c) drop the spider into the barrel
d) investigate what the fluid in the barrel does
You catch the spider, open the barrel (unwittingly getting some fluid on your thumb) and throw the spider in the barrel. Both you and the spider turn into barrels, and the barrel fades from existence.
mOctave wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:51 pm
Qlik pops back into existence just as the fuse on the rocket launcher runs down. Finding himself pointed at Efax, Qlik is sadly unable to prevent the rocket launcher from doing the inevitable (firing).

Qlik then examines the fluid in the barrel to see if it's alcohol.
You shoot a rocket at Efax, then walk towards the barrel. The fluid doesn't appear to be alcohol... OW! That idiot just bit you in the neck. You both fall over and scrape the barrel, collecting some of the fluid on the way, and by the time you hit the floor you are both barrels.
Pengwinja wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:49 am
Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:43 pm
Pengwinja wrote:
Darrel is a barrel that contains fluids that turns things into barrels. Darrel cannot deal with being a chest, and disappears from existance due to disbelief.
You successfully use the fluid to turn the spider into a barrel, and accidently turn three other people into barrels. You successfully phase out of existence, to the Astral Plane.
Round 10
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone except Numen is now a barrel. Does this count as a TPK?

Pengwinja

#119 Post by Pengwinja » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:02 pm

Na, it’s not a TPK. Hey, life as a barrel isn’t so bad. Besides, the effect is temporary until someone says the word chest, then the effect is gone. Or, in my case, you go to the astral plane. Hopefully someone finds me there.

Pengwinja

#120 Post by Pengwinja » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:05 pm

In the meantime I transform into a chessboard, and start playing a game by myself. The chess game seems to have transformed after someone attacked the moon.