Bot Diplomacy Challenge

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
mOctave

Bot Diplomacy Challenge

#1 Post by mOctave » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:39 am

I had an idea for an informal "tournament" involving bot games the other day and wondered if anyone would be interested. Here's how it would work:

1. Every contestant plays a series of seven gunboat (no-press) bot games, at least one as every power on the classic map.
2. All bot games that a contestant wishes to count must be started after the beginning of the contest, and end before it ends. Links to the bot games must be posted on this forum thread, after the bot game is finished but before the challenge ends. Only games in which the player achieves a solo victory are counted.
3. The goal is to achieve as total a victory over the bots as fast as possible. This is judged based off of three criteria: the first person to successfully beat all seven bots earns 1 point, the person with the highest sum total of supply centres across all games earns 1 point, and the person who wins all seven games in the fewest number of years earns 1 point.
4. If a player does better (more centres in less time) than a previous victory, they may choose to count it and post a link, but doing so overwrites their previous victory (ie, if they finished game A in 6 years with 19 centres and game B in 8 years with 22 centres, they can't count 6 years with 22 centres but would have to choose either game A or game B). Once a replacement is made, it cannot be undone.
5. If two or more players tie on a criterion, everyone involved in the tie gets half a point.
6. The person with the most number of points wins, and the winner gets a (gun)boat-load of bragging rights.
7. If there is a tie overall, it will be decided based on the most supply centres won on each of the following maps in order: Italy, Austria, Russia, England, Turkey, Germany, France. Thus, if a player has the most supply centres of anyone on all but their Italian victory, they can still lose.
8. If no one manages to win seven games, then the person with the most total supply centres controlled across all the games they did win earns the victory.
9. As the player running the challenge, my word is final. However, I am not allowed to submit any games or provide any feedback mid-game. I am not allowed to provide advice on whether or not to count a new victory, or any other strategic aspect of the challenge.

If you're interested, please sign up below!
Also, please point out any loopholes in the rules that I missed, before the challenge begins.