Persuasion

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Persuasion

#1 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:04 pm

Persuasion

Persuasion is a game based around the idea that everything you need in this world is right at your fingertips but you need someone else to help you obtain it. From the beginning of the game you are a paralyzed person, bedridden with only one way to get anything you want: persuade the person helping you to get it for you.

From this point the opportunities begin to open for you. You begin to retain memories, you'll gain back movement, feeling, and the ability to do things for yourself.

What you do from that point forward is entirely up to you. The way to win this game is to persuade others enough to solve your problems with you, or for you. Some people can help you and some people cannot. Some people will be real people, and some will not. Some will be just like you, and some will be even worse off.

Each player gets a unique character, a unique backstory and a unique way to persuade others. World setting, plot, and all other details including time period, setting and anything else will not be revealed.

If you are interested in this idea please let me know via private message

brainbomb

Re: Persuasion

#2 Post by brainbomb » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:24 pm

Were gonna do another round of this as the first one stalled out. This time it will be a full campaign 5th edition DND game with an added army strategy and diplomatic system built in as well. If you are familiar with 5th edition DND and war strategy games this game is a probably a fun time for you. If you have no idea how to play DND, or war strategy games, there will be premade character options and this is very customizable based on what you want your faction and party to be. Also this is a semi cooperative game where each player is on their own, but you can ally and join other players, and you can go against other players.

https://discord.gg/qj846bZjrf
Feel free to join, we are in the staging environment now of just signups

sweetandcool

#3 Post by sweetandcool » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:11 pm

Player Testimonial:

brainbomb is a great GM and very responsive. The last RPG he ran was pretty fun and not very time intensive at all.

Now let's hear from the best playable character from Persuasion:

Dick Deadeye: "Aye, brainbomb's swell. Let us sing a pirate shanty in his honour!"

"So give three cheers and one cheer more"
"For the well-bred GM of the sock drawer!"
"So give three cheers and one cheer more"
"For the well-bred GM of the sock drawer!"

kingofthepirates
Location: Dragon Temple, Crumbling Farum Azula, The Lands Between

#4 Post by kingofthepirates » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:10 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:11 pm
Dick Deadeye: "Aye, brainbomb's swell. Let us sing a pirate shanty in his honour!"
I will not sit idly by and allow my pirate motif to be pirated or outdone. raise the flags, ready the cannons, and we sail to war at dawn! Now not to say I'm going to target you in game, but... things to keep in mind >:)

also a slight bump :3
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman

sweetandcool

#5 Post by sweetandcool » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:00 am

kingofthepirates wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:10 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:11 pm
I will not sit idly by and allow my pirate motif to be pirated or outdone. raise the flags, ready the cannons, and we sail to war at dawn! Now not to say I'm going to target you in game, but... things to keep in mind >:)

also a slight bump :3
Yar, you're joining this hearty crew?

This calls for more singing!

"We sail the ocean blue"
"And our saucy ship's a beauty!"
"We're sober men and true"
"And attentive to our duty!"

brainbomb

#6 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:08 pm

We have 3 players signed up. would not mind 1-2 more, this is a DND game and also a war game.