M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

#3481 Post by Chaqa » Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:37 am

I know he says he likes reading, but it’s still odd to me how ezio hasn’t really contributed anything to solving besides “Chaqa bad” in a few days.

Jamiet99uk

#3482 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:24 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:37 am
I know he says he likes reading, but it’s still odd to me how ezio hasn’t really contributed anything to solving besides “Chaqa bad” in a few days.
Well, shall we end on him now?

Or....
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3483 Post by Chaqa » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:25 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:24 pm
Chaqa wrote:

Or....
I mean, I’ve decided every vote I cast on WebDip will be an end vote on principle, since I think we should play with the auto hammer at majority rules

Jamiet99uk

#3484 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:23 pm

Worcej wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:25 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:24 pm
Chaqa wrote:

Or....
I mean, I’ve decided every vote I cast on WebDip will be an end vote on principle, since I think we should play with the auto hammer at majority rules
I don't agree with you, Worcej.

Ezio

#3485 Post by Ezio » Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:35 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:18 am
There are three viable options today: Chaqa, rdr, and Ezio.

Chaqa's biggest stike against him, frankly, is being the highest activity of the three.

Of the two good days of voting we can look at, neither rdr or Ezio was active for either, both failing to post in the last half hour, or vote anywhere In the last few hours.

While each of those two did end on one good wagon, Ezio's D2 on damo was not cast anywhere near him being a live wagon, and there is a very real chance that he may have been scum stuck along fro the ride. At least rdr's HB vote was in a tight multi-wagon situation, but it was a couple hours out and HB was not in serious danger at the time of his last post. AFK scum not out of the question.

...rdr is the best kill today, in my opinion. I say that while on Chaqa, and completely understand how that looks. but we need an info day BADLY.
There is something I'd like to point out that's more than VCA: I was actively pushing for Damo's wagon. Yes I didn't technically vote for it when it was a live wagon, but in the thread tons of people were saying how much they scumread him. I hopped off b/c nobody had voted him, but then after seeing everyone talk about it, I was able to get them back on.
So while my vote wasn't when it was a live wagon, technically, I made it live from the start.

Ezio

#3486 Post by Ezio » Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:49 pm

@Jamiet
@Rdr
Fine. I can't convince you to vote Chaqa today. Whatever. I don't understand how my case isn't convincing. The way he has played these past few days only gives him win % as scum, not as town.

Even Chaqa considers me town. Your reads on me are bad. Whatever. I haven't played with you guys in years and my scum game was solid.

You guys have to promise me you'll kill Chaqa tomorrow. I don't care what other arguments get made. What the other ghosts say or any other nonsense.

He simply *has* to die tomorrow. You guys are giving him such a pass for working against his town wincon.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3487 Post by Chaqa » Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:17 pm

Ezio wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:49 pm
@Jamiet
@Rdr
Fine. I can't convince you to vote Chaqa today. Whatever. I don't understand how my case isn't convincing. The way he has played these past few days only gives him win % as scum, not as town.

Even Chaqa considers me town. Your reads on me are bad. Whatever. I haven't played with you guys in years and my scum game was solid.

You guys have to promise me you'll kill Chaqa tomorrow. I don't care what other arguments get made. What the other ghosts say or any other nonsense.

He simply *has* to die tomorrow. You guys are giving him such a pass for working against his town wincon.
I’m fucking town you stubborn dork

Anyway it’s you or demon so that’s my PoE

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3488 Post by Chaqa » Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:42 pm

I’m just kinda in disbelief that throughout like 48 hours of time or more the only thought ezio has is that it’s me.

Like you were telling me to make a case but yet you don’t have any other thoughts despite being lurking in the thread all the time

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3489 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:34 pm

Ezio wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:35 pm
There is something I'd like to point out that's more than VCA: I was actively pushing for Damo's wagon. Yes I didn't technically vote for it when it was a live wagon, but in the thread tons of people were saying how much they scumread him. I hopped off b/c nobody had voted him, but then after seeing everyone talk about it, I was able to get them back on.
So while my vote wasn't when it was a live wagon, technically, I made it live from the start.
No, you really weren't. You limped onto the wagon saying his D1 was bad. You then mentioned him by name less than a third of your posts, and not one of those were really any explanation of why people should vote him. You even bailed on him midday for a short time for his dance partner.

Prior to D2, you mentioned the man once. It's also sus you are trying to make it like you are the key that unlocked the entire case.

I am beind Ezio veing a perfectly viable wagon.

President Eden

#3490 Post by President Eden » Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:03 pm

DAY SIX VOTE COUNT THE FIRST

Ezio (3): rdrivera2005, Chaqa, Jamiet99uk
Chaqa (2): Ezio, DemonRHK

END VOTES (1/3): Chaqa [Ezio]

Currently Ezio is set to die at the end of Day 6 in approximately 04h57m.

Jamiet99uk

#3491 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:48 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:42 pm
I’m just kinda in disbelief that throughout like 48 hours of time or more the only thought ezio has is that it’s me.

Like you were telling me to make a case but yet you don’t have any other thoughts despite being lurking in the thread all the time
That is not true, Chaqa.

Ezio has pushed you, true. But he has also made a number of statements about why he feels he should be regarded as town. He has defended himself in addition to pressing his read of you.

Why are you presenting things as if he has not done that?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3492 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:49 pm

Ezio wrote:
@Jamiet
@Rdr

I could be wrong on you but I am not convinced by your case on Chaqa. Chaqa reactions on D1 and D2 are too close to mine (stay on HB after Brain bailed), think Ghug was scum because he actively try to divert to kill to Chaqa, etc for me to think he was acting as scum. Last days gives us too little to evaluate, with runaway wagons mostly.

I think Demon solid push on Damo since D1 give him more town credit then you.

And Jamiet voted both HB and Damo, plus his overall behavior.

Jamiet99uk

#3493 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:50 pm

I'm not saying Ezio has convinced me; I'm saying Chaqa is either consciously or subconsciously misrepresenting Ezio's posting this phase.

Jamiet99uk

#3494 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:52 pm

If DemonRHK is scum, I'm happy to concede to a very good individual scum performance. I won't vote him.

I cannot conclusively townclear any of the other three.

Ezio

#3495 Post by Ezio » Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:58 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:34 pm
Ezio wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:35 pm
No, you really weren't. You limped onto the wagon saying his D1 was bad. You then mentioned him by name less than a third of your posts, and not one of those were really any explanation of why people should vote him. You even bailed on him midday for a short time for his dance partner.

Prior to D2, you mentioned the man once. It's also sus you are trying to make it like you are the key that unlocked the entire case.

I am beind Ezio veing a perfectly viable wagon.
I don't accept this at all. I voted him like 30 minutes into the phase. I had been discussing it with Vecna in our mafia chat where I have such quotes as
"I'm 100% on Damo"
"ya I don't like [Damo's] votes today" which Vecna agreed with.

Furthermore, I am the reason the wagon came back. Yes, I hopped off the wagon for like 1 hour after being on him all day when everyone else. I still paying attention to the chat, and the *only* reason Damo came back as a wagon was because I voted him again.

Yea I wasn't completely tunneled on Damo at that time the way that I'm tunneled on Chaqa now.
Notably, you can see me defending my townreads. I was townreading Jamiet pretty hard at the time and argued against his wagon which people were trying to get on.

Compare my D2 to Chaqa's.

Chaqa was hard townreading ghug practically the entire day. This was his post with 1 minute left.
"Voting ghug our classic misplay smh"
Early D2:
"I'd prefer to vote Ezio, Aaro, or damo today."
With 2 hours left in D2:
"I kinda want to vote Damo to test Aaro's theory now;"

And yet, he ends the day on Aaro. This is *not* protecting his townreads, which is how he *says* he plays when he's town.

Ezio

#3496 Post by Ezio » Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:01 pm

Just for some more context on the strength of Chaqa's ghug townread at the time:
"
Well, I know [HB] wasn't bussing me, so that's why I think there's two main explanations:
1. Ghug is mafia
2. Mafia were not able to get a handle on the situation

I don't think it's #1, so I assume it's #2.
"

"
Ghug wagon => towny
Ghug => also towny
"

"
I think a more likely version of Day 1 involves me/Vecna/ghug all being town and mafia just not being able to stop the Hamilton wagon running away.
"

In spite of this, he sits on Aaro rather than flipping to Damo, who he was ostensibly OK with flipping, and it comes at the benefit of protecting his townread.

Ezio

#3497 Post by Ezio » Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:06 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:49 pm
Ezio wrote:
@Jamiet
@Rdr

I could be wrong on you but I am not convinced by your case on Chaqa. Chaqa reactions on D1 and D2 are too close to mine (stay on HB after Brain bailed), think Ghug was scum because he actively try to divert to kill to Chaqa, etc for me to think he was acting as scum. Last days gives us too little to evaluate, with runaway wagons mostly.

I think Demon solid push on Damo since D1 give him more town credit then you.

And Jamiet voted both HB and Damo, plus his overall behavior.
I largely agree about Chaqa's early d1/d2 being relatively townie. I just looked into Chaqa's D2, and it's worse than I felt at the time. I'd ask you to check out how he didn't protect Ghug, despite having the clear opportunity to do so to vote someone he was already slightly scumreading.

I propose he only wanted to say he was willing to vote Damo to put some distance there, and only wanted to *say* he thought Ghug was town.

His full gameplay doesn't back that story. It's not entirely cohesive with a town game/mindset.

Ezio

#3498 Post by Ezio » Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:12 pm

I think my above post is why Ghug was scumreading Chaqa so strongly. I only noticed it when Chaqa did it to me, but he did something similar, to a much lesser extent, to Ghug.

Ghug might not even have consciously picked up on it, but he still as his strong scumread on Chaqa anyways.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3499 Post by Chaqa » Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:17 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:48 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:42 pm

That is not true, Chaqa.

Ezio has pushed you, true. But he has also made a number of statements about why he feels he should be regarded as town. He has defended himself in addition to pressing his read of you.

Why are you presenting things as if he has not done that?
Well, him arguing I'm scum is inherently him arguing I'm town. It didn't seem relevant since it's implicit.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3500 Post by Chaqa » Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:18 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:52 pm
If DemonRHK is scum, I'm happy to concede to a very good individual scum performance. I won't vote him.

I cannot conclusively townclear any of the other three.
If Ezio is not scum, which I doubt, my eye of sus would probably turn to Demon.