MAFIA 63: THE SCOURGE [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
President Eden

Re: MAFIA 63: THE SCOURGE

#941 Post by President Eden » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:37 pm

Donny Dude wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:15 pm
That is a lot of potential people eden. Is this typical for you on d1?
I like Jamie's posts today so far.
Damo, Who are your scumreads?
Rdr, you town read Durga?
I think Eden has posted a good post and I don't think he would is my choice today now.
##vote Hamilton Brian
I know people hate to hear this, but it's day one. We're shooting somebody because we need hard info and that's how we get it. We have no hard info - flips, final votes, power role info - to use to guide the shot. The threshold for shooting somebody is necessarily going to be low. It sounds insane but I am actually happy that I have ruled out a little under half the players for the shot, even if a few of them are really only "getting a pass" instead of a town read.

I don't know whether it is "typical" for me, since it's been almost three years since I've played a mafia game. I think it was typical for me when I was playing more actively, but at the same time, 3 years is a long time to learn and come back with a different perspective (which I believe has happened), so whether it was typical is irrelevant now.

Anyway, you're in there. I'm not sure what Durga means in reference to your meta, but I trust Durga, and I don't particularly get why your read on me changed or why HB is your shot now. Why do you want to shoot HB now?

damo666

#942 Post by damo666 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:37 pm

Donny Dude wrote:
I think Eden has posted a good post and I don't think he would is my choice today now.
##vote Hamilton Brian
I don't have any scumreads as such but am willing to vote from the following:

Bona
Durga
Maniac

You should treat this list with a pinch of salt. I simply went down the alpha list of players eliminating those with a town feel or too little data. Vecna and HB are on a temp pass due to their fuzziness.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#943 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:38 pm

@President Eden, that was a great post. Too good, I think, for this early in the game. I'm suspicious of it. Too much effort, maybe? Too much of "look busy like I'm doing something so I can definitely hang around?" If you're indeed town, this might not be the best look right now.

I'll reread it to see if I actually agree with any of your reads, but I've got my own to make right now.

damo666

#944 Post by damo666 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:39 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:34 pm
So Elizabeth and I learned yesterday that our baby is healthy, no defects or down syndrome. I was not surprised about that. The real shock was that im having a daughter not a son. The dna tests we first got were wrong! So brainbomb and mrs brainbomb will be having a baby girl in june now.
Don't call her damo then brain.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#945 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:40 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:34 pm
So Elizabeth and I learned yesterday that our baby is healthy, no defects or down syndrome. I was not surprised about that. The real shock was that im having a daughter not a son. The dna tests we first got were wrong! So brainbomb and mrs brainbomb will be having a baby girl in june now.
Congratulations, and wonderful to hear about your baby's health.

Donny Dude

#946 Post by Donny Dude » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:41 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:35 pm
@Donny, I think it's interesting, as in a "why would you do that" kind of way, that you took Pres Eden's reads to then make a vote on me. What made you jump from PE to me? Not that I care right now, it's just one vote.

I was in the middle of getting ready to do some deep reads but I didn't want the point to go unmentioned.
Wanted to see how you would respond to a vote after I looked through your iso to get more of a feel for your alignment because I was not able to interpret anything on your posts either way. Very interesting that you think PE reads made me do it.

President Eden

#947 Post by President Eden » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:41 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:29 pm
I wanna offend more people or get durga riled up. I just dont really wanna elim ND again lol, he is totally in a scum range unlike last game. and bona certainly is combing the bottom for minnows now
Congrats on graduating to Tier 3, but Durga's ISO is all happy warm feelings and I'd really prefer it stay that way thanks.
I feel the exact same way about ND and Bona both.

@all Is it considered acceptable to use, let's just say strictly hypothetically, Discord online activity to read a player in a game? Like let's say strictly in theory that I happen to know somebody was at the computer throughout the day yesterday and just not participating in this game very much. Would it be out of bounds to use that info to call them out? I'm just asking for a friend here.

damo666

#948 Post by damo666 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:41 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:37 pm
Donny Dude wrote:
##vote Hamilton Brian
I know people hate to hear this, but it's day one. We're shooting somebody because we need hard info and that's how we get it. We have no hard info - flips, final votes, power role info - to use to guide the shot. The threshold for shooting somebody is necessarily going to be low. It sounds insane but I am actually happy that I have ruled out a little under half the players for the shot, even if a few of them are really only "getting a pass" instead of a town read.

I don't know whether it is "typical" for me, since it's been almost three years since I've played a mafia game. I think it was typical for me when I was playing more actively, but at the same time, 3 years is a long time to learn and come back with a different perspective (which I believe has happened), so whether it was typical is irrelevant now.

Anyway, you're in there. I'm not sure what Durga means in reference to your meta, but I trust Durga, and I don't particularly get why your read on me changed or why HB is your shot now. Why do you want to shoot HB now?
BIG town points to PE for this para.

President Eden

#949 Post by President Eden » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:42 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:38 pm
@President Eden, that was a great post. Too good, I think, for this early in the game. I'm suspicious of it. Too much effort, maybe? Too much of "look busy like I'm doing something so I can definitely hang around?" If you're indeed town, this might not be the best look right now.

I'll reread it to see if I actually agree with any of your reads, but I've got my own to make right now.
What.

Donny Dude

#950 Post by Donny Dude » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:44 pm

President Eden wrote:
Donny Dude wrote:
##vote Hamilton Brian

I am aware. Brainbomb also made a good point on my meta. I like the angle you took it from a day one perspective on casting a wide instead of a narrow /tunnel net. And I answered the hb one.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#951 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:45 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:41 pm

BIG town points to PE for this para.
Yeah, you may be right.

brainbomb

#952 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:51 pm

President Eden wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
I wanna offend more people or get durga riled up. I just dont really wanna elim ND again lol, he is totally in a scum range unlike last game. and bona certainly is combing the bottom for minnows now
Congrats on graduating to Tier 3, but Durga's ISO is all happy warm feelings and I'd really prefer it stay that way thanks.

@all Is it considered acceptable to use, let's just say strictly hypothetically, Discord online activity to read a player in a game? Like let's say strictly in theory that I happen to know somebody was at the computer throughout the day yesterday and just not participating in this game very much. Would it be out of bounds to use that info to call them out? I'm just asking for a friend here.
kinda hard to say. so on many sites thats banned, on mu its ogi and they disallow it. but from a certain point of view its also flawed info. I see when HR and Durga and others are playing steam instead of playing here. its a meaningless data point and NAI, some people just need other things to do. Some ppl leave discord on all day.

If you start basing cases on people not being here playing, thats a good enough argument that you shouldnt need to verify where they are instead. I cant say ghug and I are in pikes place market and he seemed scummy so lets kill him.

brainbomb

#953 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:53 pm

point is, you dont need to tell us someone is neglecting the game playing hello kitty island adventure, their post count totals tell us all we need to know

Durga

#954 Post by Durga » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:09 pm

President Eden wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
Me too 😐

brainbomb

#955 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:09 pm

im late to weigh in on this flavor post shit from role pm but really do practice some common sense. you shouldnt be sharing flavor names unless a GM said it was okay. but the gm shouldnt be putting flavor in PMs unless its part of the setup like infinity wars. Chaqa had to reboot a whole game due to flavor names being included.

I dont even care who suggested it but I did see chaqa claim you can say anything thats in your role pm and I think its really not as simple as that.

ghug looked very angry in all that arguing and I think theres no way chaqa abd ghug are ever scum together based on how fiesty it got

brainbomb

#956 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:13 pm

now if you wanna make up a bunch of shit and claim the GM gave you a gun and called you Pappy the Dwarf, thats another story. Lying is always fun

brainbomb

#957 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:19 pm

the post count numbers are not valid, I assume HR has more than 9 posts. it isnt uncommon for HR to talk less day 1. He was more interrogative last game on day 1 and even formed a case on emc in that outing

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#958 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:19 pm

President Eden wrote:
Donny Dude wrote:
##vote Hamilton Brian

Dude all of your posts give me the worst feelings.

Durga

#959 Post by Durga » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:20 pm

Really? I'm getting strong town vibes from PE atm

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#960 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:23 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:51 pm
President Eden wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

kinda hard to say. so on many sites thats banned, on mu its ogi and they disallow it. but from a certain point of view its also flawed info. I see when HR and Durga and others are playing steam instead of playing here. its a meaningless data point and NAI, some people just need other things to do. Some ppl leave discord on all day.

If you start basing cases on people not being here playing, thats a good enough argument that you shouldnt need to verify where they are instead. I cant say ghug and I are in pikes place market and he seemed scummy so lets kill him.
We should kill brain for putting an S in Pike Place.

I actually wouldn't frown on something like that. Brain's point about it but being a great way to read people is fair, but if it's information you already have and are using to read people, I think it's worth just putting out there.