MAFIA 63: THE SCOURGE [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MAFIA 63: THE SCOURGE

#921 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:12 pm

EoD is in less than 8 hours.

These people have not voted:

bozotheclown
celaph
e.m.c^42 (surprise!)
ND
Hellenic Riot

---

ND has not meaningfully participated.

@Ghug: You said you wanted to remove Vecna and then vote for only lurkers. However you are voting for Chaqa, who has participated a reasonable amount and is not lurking. Would you vote for ND? Has your read on Vecna changed?

damo666

#922 Post by damo666 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:19 pm

Jamie sounds town to me. Strongest read so far.

It's too quiet. Votes very spread. Don't like it.

President Eden

#923 Post by President Eden » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:23 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:28 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:34 am
President Eden wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:31 am

I don't remember who I was voting before but ##VOTE ghug, this is actually insane.
Huh?

You don't remember you were voting for me, but you just happen to want to do it anyway because I'm tired of people trying to cheapen the game by breaking the rules with this sort of bullshit?
President Eden has generally struck me as a meticulous thinker who notices details and has a good memory.

I also think it is surprising that he "forgot" he was voting for Ghug and then put a re-vote on Ghug again.
Dude you were literally playing Among Us with us during the session in which I made that post :?
I believe you got off before the post itself, but you know I'm not lying about any part of the explanation I gave for why I forgot.

President Eden

#924 Post by President Eden » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:33 pm

Readz. I made this last night as I was drifting off to sleep. I held off because I didn't want to post my thoughts on BG, but I realized I could just redact those. So here we go.

Tier 1 Definitely Don’t Shoot: Chaqa, Durga
Tier 2 Don’t Shoot: bozotheclown, e.m.c^42, ghug
Tier 3 Probably Don’t Shoot: aarodactyl, DemonRHK
Tier 4 Could Shoot: Maniac, Hamilton Brian, brainbomb, celaph, damo666, Donny Dude, rdrivera2005, Hellenic Riot, Bonatogether, ND, Vecna, Jamiet99uk

[I intentionally redacted BunnyGo from this list.]

BunnyGo—[Intentionally redacted.]

ghug—I selfishly want to vote this slot out on principle because his play style and demeanor make me see red. But I think I’m supposed to find a better shot than “I don’t like his style.” And I don’t actually have anything great to shoot him on; I thought I did with the BG reaction test bit, but I misread what was going on. Not the shot today I think.

brainbomb—Weird start from him that still sticks out to me, but he flipped a switch at some point yesterday and started looking better. Could shoot could not.

Durga—I don’t get how she is #5 in post count. But her filter is all sunshine and rainbows and her sussing out of Donny Dude is cool. I’m down with Durga being town.

Jamiet99uk—I want to say town because the behavioral tells ostensibly match his town game, but Durga’s observation that it would be easier for Jamie to fake aggression as mafia than to step back from it as town sticks out to me here.

Vecna—I’ll vote him if I have to do it because Tom did tell us he was mafia but I’m trying not to use this secret meta knowledge if I don’t have to. Aside from being confirmed mafia in the OP there’s nothing too remarkable either way here.

e.m.c^42—Seems okay for now but I will vote him out on principle if he keeps calling ghug daddy. I’ll regret every second of it, but I will do it. “But Eden, that’s like 3 players you want to vote out on principle!” Well my principles are important dammit. Anyway, I liked his observations at the bottom of his ISO, plus he’s funny so he stays.

Donny Dude—OMGUS

aarodactyl—Filter is full of interactions; it’s actually shocking how many people he’s responded to and addressed some kind of at least surface-level relevant point. That said, I’d like to see those observations and interactions coalesce into some reads and pushes, since right now there’s nothing that’s outside the range of a decent mafia player, which aaro seems to be based on a sample size of ~1. Doubt I would kill here unless BG makes some really compelling argument.

bozotheclown—I literally can’t read the beginning of his ISO, but the latter part looks like last game to me. Probably wouldn’t kill here.

Chaqa—Lock stock ready to rock town, fight me IRL if you disagree unless you’re emc.

damo666—Hell if I know man all this stuff could come from town or mafia. I could shoot here, but I’d be really ambivalent about it, and I wouldn’t take credit for hitting mafia since it’d just be dumb luck if it hits.

celaph—More equivocation than I’d like in the ISO. Could shoot could not.

Hamilton Brian—Twice he’s said, “I like [observation] from [player],” and then in the same post said he could kill that player. I’m lost. One of those posts was concededly drunk and stoned so maybe HB got lost too. I could shoot here.

DemonRHK—Looked nice and solving at game start then got quiet during NYE, understandable, have a nice day and please solve before EOD thanks.

Maniac—I hate the announcement of self-imposed rules. I’m trying to remember the last time I didn’t see them coming from mafia. Reminds me of Jamie’s self-imposed post limit last game. Go find mafia. Would shoot this slot.

rdrivera2005, Hellenic Riot, Bonatogether, ND—Need to see more posts. The difference in ND’s post count from day 1 of M62 to day 1 now is particularly striking, but understandable given the start date. The other three have been present in spots but not really stuck out to me. HR helpfully corrected my understanding of the BG/ghug interaction, but that is certainly within his considerable mafia range. Bona has definitely been around but inactive... rdrivera and ND in particular, I would have figured they would be more fired up to play given their very early exits in M62. But NYE makes this type of thing really hard to read.

Jamiet99uk

#925 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:52 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:23 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:28 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:34 am

Huh?

You don't remember you were voting for me, but you just happen to want to do it anyway because I'm tired of people trying to cheapen the game by breaking the rules with this sort of bullshit?
President Eden has generally struck me as a meticulous thinker who notices details and has a good memory.

I also think it is surprising that he "forgot" he was voting for Ghug and then put a re-vote on Ghug again.
Dude you were literally playing Among Us with us during the session in which I made that post :?
I believe you got off before the post itself, but you know I'm not lying about any part of the explanation I gave for why I forgot.
I enjoyed the game, too. However I find it hard to believe your excuse for forgetting you had voted for Ghug. It just doesn't seem like you.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#926 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:08 pm

I am having a hard time finding someone to vote. I don't have a solid scumread in anyone.
My current could vote include Celaph (I didn't like his comment about BB looking bad if lurkers are town, as if he know it), Bozo (can't read him anyway) and Donny (I feels his posts as forced, like making an effort to blend in and Durga is voting him.).

##vote Donny

Donny Dude

#927 Post by Donny Dude » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:15 pm

That is a lot of potential people eden. Is this typical for you on d1?
I like Jamie's posts today so far.
Damo, Who are your scumreads?
Rdr, you town read Durga?
I think Eden has posted a good post and I don't think he would is my choice today now.
##vote Hamilton Brian

brainbomb

#928 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:22 pm

b4? - d5

Vecna

#929 Post by Vecna » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:24 pm

I think im currently approaching hour 40 of being awake, and most of it was inebriated. I have some hazy foggy idea of what has transpired this game but I should probably try to find time later on to do a full catchup.

brainbomb

#930 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:25 pm

emc is not actually lurking at all but examples of being chatty are abound. p27 onward is alot of casual banter that isnt very probing.

I much prefer this as this player shouldve improved not regressed in effort after 1 outing
##Vote bona

brainbomb

#931 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:27 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:24 pm
I think im currently approaching hour 40 of being awake, and most of it was inebriated. I have some hazy foggy idea of what has transpired this game but I should probably try to find time later on to do a full catchup.
this is the least memorable day 1 ive ever been part of. I feel ungalvanized and completely like in fishing in december darkness

Vecna

#932 Post by Vecna » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:27 pm

guess I can do some moderate shitposting during my 18xx game

brainbomb

#933 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:27 pm

I cant say ive ever seen emc get into probing people

brainbomb

#934 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:29 pm

I wanna offend more people or get durga riled up. I just dont really wanna elim ND again lol, he is totally in a scum range unlike last game. and bona certainly is combing the bottom for minnows now

brainbomb

#935 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:31 pm

hb, donny darko, aaro, celaph, all kinda feel the same to me. I could see celaph being scum if bona isnt.

Donny Dude

#936 Post by Donny Dude » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:31 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:29 pm
I wanna offend more people or get durga riled up. I just dont really wanna elim ND again lol, he is totally in a scum range unlike last game. and bona certainly is combing the bottom for minnows now
Not taking that delicious bait.

brainbomb

#937 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:32 pm

donny is very unique and has a goldfingerish meta that swims off into too scummy to be moist and too shallow to go deep. But his persona along with acid dropper boy hammy is always a joy to see

brainbomb

#938 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:34 pm

So Elizabeth and I learned yesterday that our baby is healthy, no defects or down syndrome. I was not surprised about that. The real shock was that im having a daughter not a son. The dna tests we first got were wrong! So brainbomb and mrs brainbomb will be having a baby girl in june now.

Donny Dude

#939 Post by Donny Dude » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:34 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:32 pm
donny is very unique and has a goldfingerish meta that swims off into too scummy to be moist and too shallow to go deep. But his persona along with acid dropper boy hammy is always a joy to see
Thank you and what does the second part of that mean?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#940 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:35 pm

@Donny, I think it's interesting, as in a "why would you do that" kind of way, that you took Pres Eden's reads to then make a vote on me. What made you jump from PE to me? Not that I care right now, it's just one vote.

I was in the middle of getting ready to do some deep reads but I didn't want the point to go unmentioned.