M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

#8941 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:49 am

aarodactyl wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:47 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:42 am
There's no way kgray is scum, I really don't see any way for ghug to be scum, celaph literally oozed town at the EoD yesterday so unless he's the greatest scum actor we've ever seen I cannot believe it's him either. I don't see why on earth Bozo would have gone so heavily against Damo as his teammate. Chaqa's entire game is so massively town that the only way we can possibly hold anything against him is that he was right too often.

That leaves Flum, but I don't really see a Flum-Damo team

Bona, who I have nothing on from the first two days, but the way the celaph tunnel became so rock-solid when Damo was the competing wagon was a bit convenient

Or Maniac... Who looks awful D1, awful D5, and meh D3.
I agree with maniac looking sus but you’re missing a few people in this list
I only missed you - I already said above why Balki's play makes no sense whatsoever as scum, because if you're going to throw the towel in you just do it, rather than fucking about like that

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#8942 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:50 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:49 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
There's no way kgray is scum, I really don't see any way for ghug to be scum, celaph literally oozed town at the EoD yesterday so unless he's the greatest scum actor we've ever seen I cannot believe it's him either. I don't see why on earth Bozo would have gone so heavily against Damo as his teammate. Chaqa's entire game is so massively town that the only way we can possibly hold anything against him is that he was right too often.

Bona, who I have nothing on from the first two days, but the way the celaph tunnel became so rock-solid when Damo was the competing wagon was a bit convenient

Bona has been tunneling on celaph for most of the game. He was the first vote on him yesterday, and I think it's a lot more likely that damo's teammate jumped on the wagon opportunistically than that he started it.
This is a valid point, but I'm not sure I'd characterise Bona as 'tunnelling' before yesterday. His initial reason to scumread celaph was that he'd voted Damo without reason D2, too, which looks rather poor in retrospect

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#8943 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:51 am

I do think the Vecna kill over me is a least a little interesting. I know I subbed in and wasn't super involved in the thread, which certainly could have played into the decision, but I don't know that a scum player who was very familiar with me would chose to keep me alive there considering I think most people think I'm at least competent at this game.

Certanily this is conjecture, but I would find it odd for someone like ghug, Flum, kgray to Vecna there instead of townclear me.

aarodactyl

#8944 Post by aarodactyl » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:52 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:45 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:43 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:

This is pretty much where I'm at except bona is more obvtown than you.
Oh, except you forgot aaro, who's probably scum if it's not Maniac.
Also Balki? Or were they covered in a different post

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#8945 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:52 am

Anyway I'm mostly checking out now. I'll look abysmal postgame for the Damo chainsaw no matter what, so I'm just going to go with my gut and face value and say Maniac has to be the last scum. And if I'm wrong on that, my reads are clearly not worth following later regardless

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#8946 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:54 am

I think the towniest thing about aaro is their damo vote.

Even in that vote, they came in and said they haven't been keeping up with the game over the past several days. Its not like they were super active and it would have been suspicious of them to suddenly become less active with their partner on the chopping block.

Scum aaro could certainly have waited longer to see if the damo wagon died down, and simply come in a bit later with that same message about not being active and nobody would have batted an eye. The fact that they came in to propel damo farther comes across as a nonsensical bus as scum

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#8947 Post by ghug » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:56 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:51 am
I do think the Vecna kill over me is a least a little interesting. I know I subbed in and wasn't super involved in the thread, which certainly could have played into the decision, but I don't know that a scum player who was very familiar with me would chose to keep me alive there considering I think most people think I'm at least competent at this game.

Certanily this is conjecture, but I would find it odd for someone like ghug, Flum, kgray to Vecna there instead of townclear me.
Plus I promised to compliment you and it was a harsh insult.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#8948 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:57 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:54 am

Even in that vote, they came in and said they haven't been keeping up with the game over the past several days. Its not like they were super active and it would have been suspicious of them to suddenly become less active with their partner on the chopping block.

Scum aaro could certainly have waited longer to see if the damo wagon died down, and simply come in a bit later with that same message about not being active and nobody would have batted an eye. The fact that they came in to propel damo farther comes across as a nonsensical bus as scum
I feel like the other difference between Bona and Aaro is that when I was hardpushing Flum yesterday, Bona then made noises about being willing to get him, whilst Aaro made no attempt whatsoever to get on board that train

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#8949 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:58 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:57 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:

I feel like the other difference between Bona and Aaro is that when I was hardpushing Flum yesterday, Bona then made noises about being willing to get him, whilst Aaro made no attempt whatsoever to get on board that train
Unless it's not clear, I think this makes Aaro quite townie, as I imagine that the scum would certainly have loved that train to take off

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#8950 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:00 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:58 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:57 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:

Unless it's not clear, I think this makes Aaro quite townie, as I imagine that the scum would certainly have loved that train to take off
Agreed. The only possibility is that scum decided it was to the point where their only hope was to get a super deep threat. I do not buy that immediately just because going into the day, I don't think it was clear damo was even in a lot of danger, or an inevitable wagon.

Fluminator

#8951 Post by Fluminator » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:05 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:52 am
Anyway I'm mostly checking out now. I'll look abysmal postgame for the Damo chainsaw no matter what, so I'm just going to go with my gut and face value and say Maniac has to be the last scum. And if I'm wrong on that, my reads are clearly not worth following later regardless
It's okay. :P We all have our bad games. I may have sent a rant to the godthread as an outlet back in the day but I still think you're at least a decent player normally.

Fluminator

#8952 Post by Fluminator » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:07 am

Damo didn't give a shit yesterday. I think it's a sign scum think they're in trouble and it's not a deep threat remaining.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#8953 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:10 am

Fluminator wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:05 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:52 am
It's okay. :P We all have our bad games. I may have sent a rant to the godthread as an outlet back in the day but I still think you're at least a decent player normally.
In fairness, I did find damo to feasibly be scum yesterday and only pushed celaph so hard originally because I wanted to see him respond to pressure. The notes thing sounded far too much like HB after we'd had a lot of discussion about HB had been obvtown thanks to them so I locked onto him at the end though, but luckily got overruled and celaph bled town when he thought he was dead anyway.

Still, I overlooked damo being scum early on because I just couldn't see why on earth scum damo would draw so much attention to himself by not voting brain in the brain-HB EoD... Clearly I massively overestimated him there, so hey, live and learn

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#8954 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:11 am

If I'm super wrong, I secretly hope this goes down to the final three and it ends up being kgray, HR, and Balki lol

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#8955 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:11 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:11 am
If I'm super wrong, I secretly hope this goes down to the final three and it ends up being kgray, HR, and Balki lol
That's a level of trolling too cruel even for me :lol:

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#8956 Post by kgray » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:13 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Who's scum in that scenario?

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#8957 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:14 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:13 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
You being scum and leaving me alive til a 3 way just to rub it in my face would be some extremely hilarious powermoves

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#8958 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:16 am

kgray wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
In that scenario I would guess Balki to be the scum, you being a close second. Clearly I think none of you are scum, but I certainly could be wrong.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#8959 Post by kgray » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:17 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:16 am
kgray wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
In that scenario I would guess Balki to be the scum, you being a close second. Clearly I think none of you are scum, but I certainly could be wrong.
I was mostly asking for hypothetical joke-scenarios, but you actually think I'm more likely to be scum than HR??

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#8960 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:20 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:17 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:16 am
kgray wrote:

I was mostly asking for hypothetical joke-scenarios, but you actually think I'm more likely to be scum than HR??
As a wise political leader once said: If you put me into a ham-slicing machine, you'd find the top half of me [s]Liberal and the bottom half Liberal Democrat[/s] townie and the bottom half chaotic neutral