M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

#1681 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:25 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:21 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:44 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:34 pm

What do you think of ghug’s response to my theory?

But sure. ##vote JamieT
8. Are you voting me because you think Bo_Sox would be more likely to sub out of the game as scum, than as town? This is the argument that Bozo has made, which you are now appearing to endorse? It is utter bullshit.
No. Still my original theory. I didn’t like ghugs dismissal of it either.
It's not a dismissal. I like the line of thought, I'm just drawing a different conclusion.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1682 Post by kgray » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:25 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:16 pm
So just did a quick catch up by searching my name, much other stuff still to read.

I find this situation rather comical though. The three reasons that people seem to be voting me are that I said "triggers", I defended ND and that I thought he was being natural.

As for my wagon, everyone on it town reads ND which I find odd especially when shading me for defending my own town read?

@damo theres nothing to respond to here, this wagon is a joke
I do not townread ND.

Durga

#1683 Post by Durga » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:25 pm

EoD in a few hours?

e.m.c^42

#1684 Post by e.m.c^42 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:25 pm

Bungo's whole QT thing is either misplaced naivety on what new players are like or intentional setup as scum, it's blatant enough to be not worth much of anything at all. Comes across more of as a joke than anything else lol.

Jamiet99uk

#1685 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:26 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:25 pm
EoD in a few hours?
10. Yes. Three hours and 35 minutes.

Yoyoyozo is set to be modkilled or replaced.

Durga

#1686 Post by Durga » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:26 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:26 pm
Durga wrote:
EoD in a few hours?
10. Yes. Three hours and 35 minutes.

Yoyoyozo is set to be modkilled or replaced.
Well, I told PE to have a sub set up for yoyo :p

BunnyGo

#1687 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:27 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:55 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:46 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:45 pm

what?
Anyone reading that post in the thread in dark mode likely did not notice anything different about the text color.
So.
Fucking.
What.
Bozo?

Please tell us how using dark mode vs standard mode is alignment-indicative?

Enlighten us with your pulsating intellect. We are agog with anticipation at the pure white light of insight that you must surely be about to deliver.
Hmm. Finally townier response. ##unvote.

BunnyGo

#1688 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:28 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:05 pm
Skimming up to this point, what I've summarised is:

1) There's this whole oddly transparent veneer of sexism coating the whole "hurr durr who toxic" shit, ND's being a bitch, Durga is being dick in response, the responses to them compared to say, shit talk between bb and Jamie is totally different. Bleh. That and how the expectations of players are different, but not going to there at this moment.

2) Damo, you are too chipper and cracked one too many jokes again, ##vote damo

now imma go back and respond to quotes.
I’m really liking the new EMC. Not sure how to read him yet, but loving it.

damo666

#1689 Post by damo666 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:28 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:07 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:57 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:53 pm

I had to go back a few games to find a game he hadn't subbed into, but if you read his D1 in M57 and compare it to this game I find the difference to be extremely stark, actually.
Fair enough, I bow to your research. My comment was top of the head flippancy tbf.
You don't care to know what that research is? You're fine just accepting a vague explanation that there are stark differences?
I do know what the research [source] is, HR stated it. It is in the public domain.

I made a jokey comment. I don't know why HR followed it up but I thought he deserved the courtesy of a reply.

I don't know why you are now following up that reply. It strikes me you are scrabbling around looking for something to nit pick.

e.m.c^42

#1690 Post by e.m.c^42 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:29 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Bungo's whole QT thing is either misplaced naivety on what new players are like or intentional setup as scum, it's blatant enough to be not worth much of anything at all. Comes across more of as a joke than anything else lol.
However, knowing Bungo it's probably the former, hah. He's gone down enough odd tangents that look straight from the inside but wildly lop in actuality.

BunnyGo

#1691 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:29 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:59 pm
celaph wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:01 pm
I have voted though it doesn't show up on the bot either for reasons I don't know. viewtopic.php?p=192691#p192691.
Unvote only counts if you had a valid vote first. You can ##vote no-kill if you want.
11. Did you mean to remove your vote for me?

If you did, thanks I guess, but I don't think you did mean to remove your vote - and I'd rather you answer me about why you and Bozo are conspiring to create a wagon on me for utterly shit reasons. Thanks very much.
I didn’t then. But I did now.

Nephthys

#1692 Post by Nephthys » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:30 pm

kgray wrote:
Nephthys wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:16 pm
So just did a quick catch up by searching my name, much other stuff still to read.

I find this situation rather comical though. The three reasons that people seem to be voting me are that I said "triggers", I defended ND and that I thought he was being natural.

As for my wagon, everyone on it town reads ND which I find odd especially when shading me for defending my own town read?

@damo theres nothing to respond to here, this wagon is a joke
I do not townread ND.
kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:34 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:38 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:09 am

It's mostly what I just said to Balki - he defended ND's actions in a weird way that wasn't accurate and seemed to assume he knew why ND was doing what he was doing without any reason to back it up.
You think they are scum together? Or that Neph is trying to get credit as scum for defending a town? Would you expect scum Neph to dive into the ND fray like that?
I actually think it's more likely that ND is town and Neph is scum, because I got the feeling that Neph knew ND was being "natural." But I think either is possible. I don't think Neph expected to get so many questions about his comments.
I mean this kinda indicates you do if you think I'm scum...

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1693 Post by kgray » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:30 pm

I'd prefer to vote one of: Neph, ND, Bunny, damo or worcej. In that order, I think.

Vecna

#1694 Post by Vecna » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:30 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:20 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:49 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:57 am
I lowkey town read bunny, just off of general nice vibes, talking with celaph, and posting the game guide; ND, for trying to figure things out, even if he comes off as abrasive; teacon, almost entirely based off of post 941; and ghug/brainbomb, for asking about noobs' experience.

I think somethings up with Nep, although the fact that 3 people went after them within 2 minutes weirds me out (posts 111-113). Their explanation didn't sit right with me, but it's too early to call scum or just trying to screw with people.

Jamie's self imposed low posting also doesn't seem right to me - wouldn't it be better to get your thoughts out more? I call this soft scum, since it looks like he's trying to fly under the radar here.

Aarodaytal seems to be eager to get himself proven town, although I'd put that down to being new.

Celaph is trying to avoid pissing anyone off imo, but I think he's solid.

Everyone's sus of kgray seems to be off of meta knowledge, so I have no comment.

Yoyo, bozo, and Chaqa done jack after 2 days, although I would put this as slightly town, cause mafia are the ones who need to prove their non-scumminess, and they need a solid track record to come out on top against actual townies.
Damn, this might be up there with the most solid newby posts ive ever seen on this site. Very nice
And yet you havent looked into his claims. Posts 111-113 have absolutely nothing to do with me.

Unsure whether scummy or just low effort cause its convenient
Yeah, im quite low effort this game ;)

@bona - which posts did you mean? Im assuming it was a slipup in post numbers?

damo666

#1695 Post by damo666 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:32 pm

Durga wrote:
EoD in a few hours?
##vote durga

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1696 Post by kgray » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:33 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:28 pm
kgray wrote:
damo666 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:57 pm

Fair enough, I bow to your research. My comment was top of the head flippancy tbf.
You don't care to know what that research is? You're fine just accepting a vague explanation that there are stark differences?
I do know what the research [source] is, HR stated it. It is in the public domain.

I made a jokey comment. I don't know why HR followed it up but I thought he deserved the courtesy of a reply.

I don't know why you are now following up that reply. It strikes me you are scrabbling around looking for something to nit pick.
HR didn't give anything specific that differentiates emc here from previous games, and yet you "bow to his research." If that was a joke that's pretty terrible, because it sounds like you're using it to affect your read of emc. And if it wasn't a joke and you are letting it influence your read of emc, then that's super lazy and scummy.

BunnyGo

#1697 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:33 pm

ghug wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:12 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:45 am
Sure, but you don't have to patronize me to get me to talk to you.
Not my intended tone at all. Sorry about that.
kgray wrote:
I think ND not having townreads when he's throwing around so many scumreads is suspicious. Like he's more interested in stirring up things than figuring out alignments. His personality is probably artificially reinforcing that opinion, though.
I do agree that he is being super confrontational. And he is flinging a lot of shade while not defending anyone. I could see how you could construe that as scum-indicative because scumbuckets are anxious to get other people daykilled.

On the other hand, (1) “stirring things up” and seeking conflict seems to me to be generally town-indicative, (2) ND’a general style seems to be quite confrontational, which suggests NAI, and (3) I think it’s generally easier for scum to throw out town reads because they know so many people are town.

I find the “other hand” points to be a bit stronger than your reasons for scum reading ND. Can you talk about how you weigh all this and how strong your convictions are here?
kgray wrote:
Neph's defense of ND (a response to HR) doesn't seem organic at all. He cited "triggers" that set him off, and said those triggers were disagreements he was having with some undisclosed people. I didn't see any triggers or disagreements that caused ND to start attacking people, let alone HR, and Neph later clarified that ND's tone changed when the topic of censorship came up, but that has nothing to do with what HR was talking about. Neph didn't seem to actually care what motivated ND's actions at all, which tells me he's not trying to figure out ND's alignment.
Your explanation here sounds like you disagree with Neph’s description of what’s in the thread. That is — whether or not there were triggers that may have set off ND, and whether ND’s reaction to censorship fits into the “triggers” category.

I am not convinced by your reasoning here. First, I think the stuff you disagree with Neph on is pretty subjective. I don’t think Neph’s descriptions of the thread that you highlight are obviously wrong. Second, weak reasons and shifting explanations are not necessarily scum-indicative. Townies are flailing around. Their reasons can shift. Their articulations of their reasons can shift even more. You conclude that inaccurate or shifting descriptions of the thread seem “inorganic,” but I’m not sure the things you point to are more likely to come from a manufactured process (scum) rather than a sincere but flailing-around-in-the-dark process (town).

Thoughts?
Alright I don't remember what I wanted to get at, but here goes.

-Stirring things up is only town-indicative if you use it to read people. ND is not doing this.
-Townreading people is incredibly confining as scum, because you have to justify a change in opinions if they make themselves juicy targets later.
-I agree with Balki's later assessment of kgray's assessment of Neph. She's getting bogged down in their thinking differently, and conflating it with scummyness. This is a thing I expect more from a townie, especially a town kgray.
This is solid gold post.

Nephthys

#1698 Post by Nephthys » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:33 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:03 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:15 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:01 pm

This is more what I was expecting. This feels honest.
Agree that its honest, it makes me uncomfortable though

A lot of excuses why theres no content from them but no attempt to even generate town reads,

Very low effort play at best
Also agreed, do you feel celaph is also creating the same content though?
By no means to the same extent if at all

They generated some reasonable reads that were backed up by some logic that I could kinda follow. Also they've kinda gone more on topic which I don't hate

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1699 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:35 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:30 pm
I'd prefer to vote one of: Neph, ND, Bunny, damo or worcej. In that order, I think.
I don't like Neph or Bunny in this list. I am scumreading damo some, but he's generally competent enough that I won't vote for him today. Same with Durga.

I'd throw Chaqa, Brian, Vash, Yoyo in the acceptable due to shittiness pile. Maniac too, maybe. I townread Jamie, so not him.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1700 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:37 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:33 pm
ghug wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:12 am

Not my intended tone at all. Sorry about that.

I do agree that he is being super confrontational. And he is flinging a lot of shade while not defending anyone. I could see how you could construe that as scum-indicative because scumbuckets are anxious to get other people daykilled.

On the other hand, (1) “stirring things up” and seeking conflict seems to me to be generally town-indicative, (2) ND’a general style seems to be quite confrontational, which suggests NAI, and (3) I think it’s generally easier for scum to throw out town reads because they know so many people are town.

I find the “other hand” points to be a bit stronger than your reasons for scum reading ND. Can you talk about how you weigh all this and how strong your convictions are here?

Your explanation here sounds like you disagree with Neph’s description of what’s in the thread. That is — whether or not there were triggers that may have set off ND, and whether ND’s reaction to censorship fits into the “triggers” category.

I am not convinced by your reasoning here. First, I think the stuff you disagree with Neph on is pretty subjective. I don’t think Neph’s descriptions of the thread that you highlight are obviously wrong. Second, weak reasons and shifting explanations are not necessarily scum-indicative. Townies are flailing around. Their reasons can shift. Their articulations of their reasons can shift even more. You conclude that inaccurate or shifting descriptions of the thread seem “inorganic,” but I’m not sure the things you point to are more likely to come from a manufactured process (scum) rather than a sincere but flailing-around-in-the-dark process (town).

Thoughts?
Alright I don't remember what I wanted to get at, but here goes.

-Stirring things up is only town-indicative if you use it to read people. ND is not doing this.
-Townreading people is incredibly confining as scum, because you have to justify a change in opinions if they make themselves juicy targets later.
-I agree with Balki's later assessment of kgray's assessment of Neph. She's getting bogged down in their thinking differently, and conflating it with scummyness. This is a thing I expect more from a townie, especially a town kgray.
This is solid gold post.
Why?