Mafia 57 Matrix

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Nanook

Re: Mafia 57 Matrix

#3321 Post by Nanook » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:19 pm

That’s not how it works lulz

Big cases don’t suddenly get better at KILO

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3322 Post by ghug » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:33 pm

Nanook wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:07 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:00 pm
So now that I am back and can actually post decently,

@nanook, what evidence do you have that the following are scum?

Myself (and something beyond the "posting immediately after I posted means they're scum).

Foxcastle?

Bo?

How do you feel about Jamie's work around HR? Think that's a solid enough case to vote for HR Day 6?
I don’t do big cases, I explicitly believe they’re bad
Smartest thing you've said all game.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3323 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:46 pm

Good job Bunny, 3P wins are nice (even if this does seem like a very easy one to win as).

@Hamilton

I responded to Jamie's 'case' already, and both myself and ghug have debunked the complete logic flaws present in his argument that I was goading TFB when TFB wasn't here (and as every 'Hi emc' post that ghug made attested to, people do not stick around in that tracker at the bottom for long). So what exactly do you find so convincing about said case?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3324 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:54 pm

Macca/Temasek might be considered easy to pick on, but I'll work through the exercise.

Day 1, Macca gets called out for trying too hard to not appear to be scummy by Bunny. 4 posts that day didn't amount to a significant change.

Temasek comes in to replace and offers the "I guess I'll catch up" on Night 1.

Day 2, jumps in with only a few posts to ask about RHK getting wagoned, gets told by Jamie because of Damo, and then that's it.

Night 2: "Oh dear, not looking good for us town now... finally understood the setup at least after all that posting." Does that not come across as trite and minimizing? Perhaps the thought is to say something, anything, and quickly scoot back out of the picture.

Day 3: An active day from Temasek; some conversation around meta behaviour. Starts on a wagon for EMC but then shifts it to Bismarck upon the declaration that the EMC wagon had no traction. They're vote for EMC is the second vote, while their vote for Bismarck is decided with 12 hours to go.

Night 3: Reaction to the kill is that there was a lot of movement; going to go try to catch up.

Day 4: Drops a vote on therul based on a "sketchy" post. I re-read therul's post...I think it was genuinely to make sense of the set-up. Not as unseemly to me. Vote stays there all day. Did they plant it on someone safe? Assuming other active scum would run up a case for another wagon? And RDR was that wagon, and that's going to be another hunt.

Night 4: No posts.

I think Temasek is scum; having a hard time playing it so laying VERY low, probably benefiting from that all day open QT that scum have.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3325 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:59 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:46 pm
Good job Bunny, 3P wins are nice (even if this does seem like a very easy one to win as).

@Hamilton

I responded to Jamie's 'case' already, and both myself and ghug have debunked the complete logic flaws present in his argument that I was goading TFB when TFB wasn't here (and as every 'Hi emc' post that ghug made attested to, people do not stick around in that tracker at the bottom for long). So what exactly do you find so convincing about said case?
Let me spend some time working through it again; I want to re-read the debunkings, especially from ghug. There's little I am sold on and the well-written, spelled-out arguments have a way of convincing than the "I feel like so and so is scum..."

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3326 Post by dargorygel » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:00 am

##GM note
For the bot
BunnyGo has died. He was the 3P virus and WON

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3327 Post by goldfinger0303 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:23 am

ghug wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:30 pm
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:26 pm
Got them, Nanook. Had to read a bit further back
Gold, do you think my assessment of you as the sort of person who would make those posts in the Bunny QT is a fair one?
You mean posting movie quotes? Yeah I do that all the time.

I personally had some good Obi-wan ones lined up in case our JOAT killed an inno with their shots. But alas, bozo died too soon.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3328 Post by ghug » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:23 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:

@Hamilton

It's a little disingenuous to just say I debunked it when I also said I agreed with large chunks of it.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3329 Post by ghug » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:24 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:23 am
ghug wrote:
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:26 pm
Got them, Nanook. Had to read a bit further back
Gold, do you think my assessment of you as the sort of person who would make those posts in the Bunny QT is a fair one?

I personally had some good Obi-wan ones lined up in case our JOAT killed an inno with their shots. But alas, bozo died too soon.
How about doing it in the scum QT?

Jamiet99uk

#3330 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:26 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:

@Hamilton

Your responses nit-pick at details because you can't argue with the fact that you aggressively pushed two mis-removals in a row for really, really crappy reasons. Timestamps or not, your reason for pushing TFB to his death was really weak and you repeatedly shouted about him not answering to give the wagon traction it would not otherwise have had.

You have also not properly addressed my observation that you repeatedly voted and pushed counter-wagons to EMC, for the explicit reason of saving EMC, and yet when you gave your reads, EMC didn't feature among your townreads.

I can't remember seeing someone go to such great efforts to save the life of a null read.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3331 Post by ghug » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:27 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:26 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:

@Hamilton

Your responses nit-pick at details because you can't argue with the fact that you aggressively pushed two mis-removals in a row for really, really crappy reasons. Timestamps or not, your reason for pushing TFB to his death was really weak and you repeatedly shouted about him not answering to give the wagon traction it would not otherwise have had.

You have also not properly addressed my observation that you repeatedly voted and pushed counter-wagons to EMC, for the explicit reason of saving EMC, and yet when you gave your reads, EMC didn't feature among your townreads.

I can't remember seeing someone go to such great efforts to save the life of a null read.
I would like to hear an answer to this.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3332 Post by goldfinger0303 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:29 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:24 am
goldfinger0303 wrote:
ghug wrote:

Most certainly. Especially if it outs me to the townies so that I can bring my real comedy prowess to the God QT where it belongs.

In seriousness, if I'm in a QT I'm all business. You can ask Nanook while he's still here. No jokes.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3333 Post by ghug » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:35 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:29 am
ghug wrote:
goldfinger0303 wrote:

Most certainly. Especially if it outs me to the townies so that I can bring my real comedy prowess to the God QT where it belongs.

In seriousness, if I'm in a QT I'm all business. You can ask Nanook while he's still here. No jokes.
The correct answer was "yeah I'd totally do that". Sorry. Thanks for paying.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3334 Post by Hellenic Riot » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:40 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

@Hamilton

I explicitly townread emc N1 because I thought the wagon on him was co-ordinated by the scum. After Damo outed himself as being on the Neb D2, that took on a new perspective and while I still thought the wagon on him was co-ordinated, I switched to townreading Bunny & Goldie because I thought it was co-ordinated by the Neb - at which point I no longer had a reason to townread emc either. But the more I asked why people scumread emc and the more people dodged or failed to provide an explanation, the more annoyed I got, so I was inclined to dig my heels in until someone actually came up with any sort of case. (I also refused to explain this before the people on the ship were revealed for obvious reasons).

As for deliberately pushing a wagon - yes. I do that when I think someone is scum. And after the antics you pulled when you couldn't get me voted at the start of yesterday, I think it's really a case of the pot calling thte kettle black.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3335 Post by goldfinger0303 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:42 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:35 am
goldfinger0303 wrote:
ghug wrote:

Do I at least get partial credit, teacher?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3336 Post by ghug » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:44 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:42 am
ghug wrote:
goldfinger0303 wrote:

No, but you can see me after class.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3337 Post by ghug » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:45 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:40 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

@Hamilton

I explicitly townread emc N1 because I thought the wagon on him was co-ordinated by the scum. After Damo outed himself as being on the Neb D2, that took on a new perspective and while I still thought the wagon on him was co-ordinated, I switched to townreading Bunny & Goldie because I thought it was co-ordinated by the Neb - at which point I no longer had a reason to townread emc either. But the more I asked why people scumread emc and the more people dodged or failed to provide an explanation, the more annoyed I got, so I was inclined to dig my heels in until someone actually came up with any sort of case. (I also refused to explain this before the people on the ship were revealed for obvious reasons).

As for deliberately pushing a wagon - yes. I do that when I think someone is scum. And after the antics you pulled when you couldn't get me voted at the start of yesterday, I think it's really a case of the pot calling thte kettle black.
You thought it was coordinated by the neb and you townread two people for it?

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3338 Post by Hellenic Riot » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:46 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:45 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:40 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:

You thought it was coordinated by the neb and you townread two people for it?
If you'd like to explain how there could have been a scum D1, I'm all ears.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3339 Post by Hellenic Riot » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:46 am

*Scum on the Neb

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3340 Post by goldfinger0303 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:47 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:44 am
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:42 am
ghug wrote:

No, but you can see me after class.
Should I lock the door, as usual :smirk: