Mafia 57 Matrix

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
therul

Re: Mafia 57 Matrix

#601 Post by therul » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:25 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:51 am
therul wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:43 pm
##vote e.m.c^42
I am following Bunny and Jamie's lead on this.
I am leaving for the night, and I doubt a lynch will happen while I am gone.
See you all in 15 hours or less.
##GM NOTE
I am not sure if this is the only example... but please refrain from using 'lynch' terminology. Thanks.
##Call GM
Understood.
(fixed)

therul

#602 Post by therul » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:27 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:57 pm
Hey Therul, why did you vote for Jamiet, vote for BunnyGo (on the basis that his vote for EMC was 'looking for an easy target') and then explicitly sheep both of them onto EMC?

I think BunnyGo and Jamiet's votes on EMC are NAI, even though they're anti-town. If they were scum, it'd be an easy place to park for the Day 1. Since Therul is new, I was kinda assuming that his vote there was more likely to make him town, but I find the inconsistency weird.
Only two who I feel are town. So I piled on with them.
But now that I am caught up, I need to get back to work, and think about what I know.
##unvote

worcej

#603 Post by worcej » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:28 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:20 am
So we're discussing whether the best strategy for Town is to ally with the Virus, help them to win, whilst also using the Virus to take shots at scum?

Sounds interesting.
Somebody may have already said this, but it didn't need to be discussed based on my understanding of the roles. Let the PR's and virus sort it out themselves.

With that knowledge established, why did goldie need to initiate the conversation with the collective group?

worcej

#604 Post by worcej » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:35 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:56 pm
therul is probs town.

With scum daychat available I don’t think a scumbo who is newish(?) would accidentally vote the GM.
Actually, the act of doing so is NAI imho.

Either alignment could easily do that.

worcej

#605 Post by worcej » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:37 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:48 pm
##CALLGM can I request not Chaqa please?
Savage lol

Foxcastle

#606 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:37 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:28 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:20 am
So we're discussing whether the best strategy for Town is to ally with the Virus, help them to win, whilst also using the Virus to take shots at scum?

Sounds interesting.
Somebody may have already said this, but it didn't need to be discussed based on my understanding of the roles. Let the PR's and virus sort it out themselves.
I'm not sure about leaving it to the PRs and virus—or rather, I think it can be discussed generally, and if we have some kind of structure in place, that's actually more constraining to scum. I think refusing to discuss it sets town up to tear itself apart when those on the ship are trying to control the game in spite of those who are frustrated since they aren't sure what's going on because they aren't on the ship. I have not thought all the way through this and have no experience with mason mechanics, but what's the risk that at some point in the mid-game that the PRs have to out themselves to prevent uninitiated townies from derailing their plan?

Nanook

#607 Post by Nanook » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:38 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:47 pm
##vote Hamilton Brian

Feel like pretty much every read HB has given throughout the game has immediately been qualified by 'pretty weak' or 'might be wrong', and despite being called out for hedging earlier he's carried on regardless.

Other things of note:

- Jamie trying to PR read into RHK & ghug's jokeposts is 10x worse than the original posts were

- Not sure I really like BunnyGo's explanation for why he didn't complain about my layered plan last game given the level to which it wound xorxes up, and the fact that I don't recall Bunny commenting on it at all at the time. Not really enough to push on, but enough to make me wary of him here.

- For such an apparently experienced player, I'm a bit confused about how 90% of Nanook's posts have been about spreadsheets & meta and how essentially none of them have actually appeared to be geared toward finding the scum.

- Like Tom Bombadil's quickness to put therul on the townshelf

- Don't agree with damo being townread for 3P analysis, because whether or not it has any merit, coming up with mech solutions is by far the easiest way for scum to fake being townie.

- Similar to above, pretty much every post from BismarckAlive has either been about art auctions or what the virus should or shouldn't do, without anything looking like actual scumhunting. Another person to watch carefully.
It’s ok, it confuses a lot of people

And yet I’m still a better player than you

Foxcastle

#608 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:40 pm

therul wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:27 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Hey Therul, why did you vote for Jamiet, vote for BunnyGo (on the basis that his vote for EMC was 'looking for an easy target') and then explicitly sheep both of them onto EMC?

I think BunnyGo and Jamiet's votes on EMC are NAI, even though they're anti-town. If they were scum, it'd be an easy place to park for the Day 1. Since Therul is new, I was kinda assuming that his vote there was more likely to make him town, but I find the inconsistency weird.
Only two who I feel are town. So I piled on with them.
But now that I am caught up, I need to get back to work, and think about what I know.
##unvote
But you had been voting for them before that.

worcej

#609 Post by worcej » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:40 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:41 pm
therul wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:27 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:53 pm

Can you not do this, please?

Helping scum narrow things down is not helpful to town.
##vote Jamiet99uk
Anyone can tell neither one of these two are important and are just trying to confuse the situation.
Yea I don't think so. Jamie is incredibly town thus far. To be fair a lot of it is from experience in playing with him for so long but I doubt he's red.
+1 from me on Demon's post, FWIW...

BunnyGo

#610 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:40 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:10 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:26 am
That said, I don't mind exploiting mechanics. In one game I was able to ask and receive a question in secret to another player. Used it to set up a handshake protocol and got a "neighborhood watch" of about 3 players who were all mutually cleared.
Way to steal the credit on this one - it was me who set up the protocol and told you what to say to point me at you in order for me to give you a gun to verify my identity.

:razz:
My first post to you said basically "I don't know your power, claim it, demonstrate it, and I'll respond with a handshake signal to you."

Granted, your response to me was much better than when I did it with Vaporwave.

Foxcastle

#611 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:45 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:40 pm
worcej wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:26 am
That said, I don't mind exploiting mechanics. In one game I was able to ask and receive a question in secret to another player. Used it to set up a handshake protocol and got a "neighborhood watch" of about 3 players who were all mutually cleared.
Way to steal the credit on this one - it was me who set up the protocol and told you what to say to point me at you in order for me to give you a gun to verify my identity.

My first post to you said basically "I don't know your power, claim it, demonstrate it, and I'll respond with a handshake signal to you."

Can we just agree that you're both pretty and that we don't need to get the micrometers out, so we can get on with this game?

BunnyGo

#612 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:48 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:45 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:40 pm
worcej wrote:

Can we just agree that you're both pretty and that we don't need to get the micrometers out, so we can get on with this game?
Sure thing. What are your thoughts re: Maccasek?

Nanook

#613 Post by Nanook » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:50 pm

##VOTE rdrivera2005

Townie naked vote

BunnyGo

#614 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:51 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
I agree our votes are NAI. I strongly disagree they are anti-town (obv. otherwise I wouldn't be doing it). So long as I clearly register my reads, opinions, and other recordable later game data, it is still providing detail for people to see what I was doing and thought.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#615 Post by goldfinger0303 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:51 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:15 pm
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:27 am
@Bunny - what do you say to the idea that the people in the Neb should deliberately red pill the 3rd party either tonight or tomorrow night. The 3rd party then acts as a town-directed NK, under threat of the anti-virus going off. Maf will have to direct all their efforts at finding the third party. Since town doesn't lose when the third party wins - and they have to be lynched to win - why not co-opt them into an infinite, unkillable vig shot?
This line of thinking, at a gut level, leads me more to think gold is scum than town.

I would expect Scum to be more concerned of the virus than town is right now.
Ah this is hilarious.

Yes, "Let's save the virus quickly so he becomes unkillable by mafia and town can use him as a repeat vig shot" is totally scum-indicative.

Scum points for you and anyone else who seek to downplay that idea.

BunnyGo

#616 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:52 pm

Nanook wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:50 pm
##VOTE rdrivera2005

Townie naked vote
I understand none of this post.

Has your spreadsheet spoken to you? Did you code a naked column?

Nanook

#617 Post by Nanook » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:53 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:52 pm
Nanook wrote:
##VOTE rdrivera2005

Townie naked vote

Look if there’s any (alleged) nudity in my spread sheet it is very tasteful

BunnyGo

#618 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:54 pm

Nanook wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:53 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Nanook wrote:
##VOTE rdrivera2005

Townie naked vote

Excellent. But what does your post mean?

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#619 Post by Hellenic Riot » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:55 pm

Nanook wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:38 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:47 pm
##vote Hamilton Brian

Feel like pretty much every read HB has given throughout the game has immediately been qualified by 'pretty weak' or 'might be wrong', and despite being called out for hedging earlier he's carried on regardless.

Other things of note:

- Jamie trying to PR read into RHK & ghug's jokeposts is 10x worse than the original posts were

- Not sure I really like BunnyGo's explanation for why he didn't complain about my layered plan last game given the level to which it wound xorxes up, and the fact that I don't recall Bunny commenting on it at all at the time. Not really enough to push on, but enough to make me wary of him here.

- For such an apparently experienced player, I'm a bit confused about how 90% of Nanook's posts have been about spreadsheets & meta and how essentially none of them have actually appeared to be geared toward finding the scum.

- Like Tom Bombadil's quickness to put therul on the townshelf

- Don't agree with damo being townread for 3P analysis, because whether or not it has any merit, coming up with mech solutions is by far the easiest way for scum to fake being townie.

- Similar to above, pretty much every post from BismarckAlive has either been about art auctions or what the virus should or shouldn't do, without anything looking like actual scumhunting. Another person to watch carefully.
It’s ok, it confuses a lot of people

And yet I’m still a better player than you
I suppose it's possible we've played together elsewhere if you've played across as many sites as you implied, but poking at my ego is unlikely to make me think you're doing anything helpful and therefore that you are town.

Regardless though, BismarckAlive has continued to do nothing except discuss mechanics & the third party, and is now voting someone based solely on that as well. He's an excellent vote. ##vote BismarckAlive

Nanook

#620 Post by Nanook » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:55 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:54 pm
Nanook wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:53 pm
BunnyGo wrote:

Excellent. But what does your post mean?
What do you mean what does it mean? It’s a vote, wtf else would it mean