Mafia 56: Scout Camp

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Durga

Re: Mafia 56: Scout Camp

#2701 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:24 pm

Huh... I don't get why brain did that. He was pretty well hid as scum and this game could have actually been interesting.

xorxes

#2702 Post by xorxes » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:24 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:23 pm
xorxes wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:22 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:20 pm
There was no scan report, so Vecna was RBed as well, which clears HR according to xorxes. Not that it matters anymore.
Yep, my action did not fail, so roleblock and kill both went through. HR is clear.
Can I have a helping of humble pie with that statement? ;)
If you fake a scumread of me, I'm going to scumread you, sorry.

Durga

#2703 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:24 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
Not sure whats happening
I imagine that is a fairly normal state of affairs for you.
LOL 😂 I'm so happy I signed up to play this game

Jamiet99uk

#2704 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:25 pm

##VOTE Brainbomb

Durga

#2705 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:25 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:25 pm
##VOTE Brainbomb
Isn't this implicating yourself?

damo666

#2706 Post by damo666 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:25 pm

##vote brain

##end

another game ruined

BunnyGo

#2707 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:25 pm

xorxes wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:20 pm
There was no scan report, so Vecna was RBed as well, which clears HR according to xorxes. Not that it matters anymore.
Yep, my action did not fail, so roleblock and kill both went through. HR is clear.
Huh?

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2708 Post by Hellenic Riot » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:25 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:24 pm
Huh... I don't get why brain did that. He was pretty well hid as scum and this game could have actually been interesting.
I don't know if it was an actual slip that he realised the second he posted and then had to give up, or a total surrender based on the fact Jamie was almost certainly being lynched today and therefore scum were essentially in autolose anyway.

e.m.c^42

#2709 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:26 pm

The fuck is happening with this game lol

brainbomb

#2710 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:26 pm

and comfortable, and the yard is green with sod, here and there plants whose season is gone.  At the
right, beside the house, the entrance of the driveway can be seen, but the poplars cut off view of its
continuation downstage.  In the left corner, downstage, stands the four‐foot‐high stump of a slender
apple tree whose upper trunk and branches lie toppled beside it, fruit still clinging to its branches.
Downstage right is a small, trellised arbor, shaped like a sea shell, with a decorative bulb hanging from
its forward‐curving roof.  Carden chairs and a table are scattered about.  A garbage pail on the ground
next to the porch steps, a wire leaf‐burner near it.
On the rise:  It is early Sunday morning.  Joe Keller is sitting in the sun reading the want ads of the
Sunday paper, the other sections of which lie neatly on the ground beside him.  Behind his back, inside
the arbor, Doctor Jim Bayliss is reading part of the paper at the table.
Keller is nearing sixty.  A heavy man of stolid mind and build, a business man these many years, but with
the imprint of the machine‐shop worker and boss still upon him.  When he reads, when he speaks, when
he listens, it is with the terrible concentration of the uneducated man for whom there is still wonder in
many commonly known things, a man whose judgements must be dredged out of experience and a
peasant‐like common sense.  A man among men.   
Doctor Bayliss is nearly forty.  A wry self‐controlled man, an easy talker, but with a wisp of sadness that
clings even to his self‐effacing humor.
At curtain, Jim is standing at left, staring at the broken tree.  He taps a pipe on it, blows through the
pipe, feels in his pockets for tobacco, then speaks.
Jim:  Where's your tobacco?
Keller: I think I left it on the table.
Jim goes slowly to table on the arbor, fings a pouch, and sits there on the bench, filling his pipe.
Keller: Gonna rain tonight.
Jim: Paper says so?
Keller: Yeah, right here.
Jim: Then it can't rain.
Frank Lubey enters, through a small space between the poplars.  Frank is thirty two but balding.  A
pleasant, opinionated man, uncertain of himself, with a tendency toward peevishness when crossed, but
always wanting it pleasantly and neighborly.  He rather saunters in, leisurely, nothing to do.  He does not
notice Jim in the arbor.  On his greeting, Jim does not bother looking up.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2711 Post by Hellenic Riot » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:26 pm

xorxes wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:
xorxes wrote:

Can I have a helping of humble pie with that statement? ;)
If you fake a scumread of me, I'm going to scumread you, sorry.
A convenient excuse, but you were scumreading me since well before that anyway

Jamiet99uk

#2712 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:26 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Durga wrote:
I don't know if it was an actual slip that he realised the second he posted and then had to give up, or a total surrender based on the fact Jamie was almost certainly being lynched today and therefore scum were essentially in autolose anyway.
But then why not just concede in the QT?

brainbomb

#2713 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:26 pm

Jim: Over my dead body he'll be a doctor.  A good beginning, too.
Frank: Why? It's an honorable profession.
Jim: {looking at him tiredly} Frank, will you stop talking like a civics book?  
Keller laughs
Frank: Why, I saw a movie a couple of weeks ago, reminded me of you.  Here was a doctor in that
picture...
Keller: Don Ameche!
Frank: I think it was, yeah. And he worked in his basement discovering things.  That's what you ought to
do.  You could help humanity instead of ...
Jim: I would love to help humanity on a Warner Brothers salary.
Keller: {pointing at him, laughing} That's very good, Jim.
Jim: {looking toward house} Well, where's the beautiful girl that was supposed to be here?
Frank: {excited} Annie came?
Keller: Sure, sleepin' upstairs.  We picked her up on the one o'clock train last night.  Wonderful thing.  
Girl leaves here, a scrawny kid.  Couple of years go by, she's a regular woman.  Hardly recognized her,
and she was running in and out of this yard all her life.  That was a very happy family used to live in your
house, Jim.
Jim:  Like to meet her.  The block can use a pretty girl.  In the whole neighborhood there's not a damned
thing to look at. {Sue, Jim's wife, enters.  She is rounding forty, an overweight woman who fears it.  On
seeing her, Jim wryly adds:} except my wife, of course.
Sue: {in same spirit} Mrs. Adams is on the phone, you dog.
Jim: {to Keller} Such is the condition which prevails.  {going to his wife} My love, my light.
Sue: Don't sniff around me. {pointing to their house:} And give her a nasty answer.  I can smell the
perfume over the phone.
Jim: What's the matter with her now?
Sue: I don't know dear.  She sounds like she's in terrible pain.  Unless her mouth is full of candy.
Jim: Why don't you just tell her to lay down?
Sue: She enjoys it more when you tell her to lay down.  And when are you going to see Mr. Hubbard?
Jim: My dear, Mr. Hubbard is not sick, and I have better things to do than to sit there and hold his hand.

Durga

#2714 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:26 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Durga wrote:
Maybe this was just giving up I guess.

brainbomb

#2715 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:27 pm

Lydia: It's so strange.  Annie's here and not even married.  And I've got three babies.  I always thought
it'd be the other way around.
Keller: Well, that's what a war does.  I had two sons, now I got one.  It changed all the tallies.  In my day
when you had sons it was an honor.  Today, a doctor could make a million dollars if he could figure out a
way to bring a boy into the world without a trigger finger.
Lydia: You know, I was just reading...
Enter Chris Keller from house, stands in doorway.
Lydia: Hya, Chris.
Frank shouts from offstage.
Frank: Lydia, come in here!  If you want the toaster to work don't plug in the malted mixer.
Lydia: {embarrassed, laughing} Did I?
Frank: And the next time I fix something don't tell me I'm crazy! Now come in here!
Lydia: {to Keller} I'll never hear the end of this one.
Keller: {calling to Frank} So what's the difference?  Instead of toast have a malted!
Lydia: Sh! sh! {she exits, laughing}
Chris watches her off.  He is thirty‐two.  Like his father, solidly built, a listener.  A man capable of
immense affection and loyalty.  He has a cup of coffee in one hand, part of a doughnut in the other.
Keller: You want the paper?
Chris: That's all right, just the book section.   
He bends down and pulls out part of the paper on porch floor.
Keller: You're always reading the book section and you never buy a book.
Chris: {coming down to settee} I like to keep abreast of my ignorance.
He sits on the settee.
Keller: What is that, every week a new book comes out?
Chris: Lots of new books.
Keller:  All different?
Chris: All different.

BunnyGo

#2716 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:27 pm

Durga wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
Not sure whats happening
I imagine that is a fairly normal state of affairs for you.
LOL 😂 I'm so happy I signed up to play this game
I think I subbed in at the fun part. Bunny makes fun.

brainbomb

#2717 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:27 pm

Keller: From Mother's point of view he is not dead and you have no right to take his girl. {slight pause}
Now you can go on from there if you know where to go, but I'm tellin' you I don't know where to go.  
See?  I don't know.  Now what can I do for you?
Chris: I don't know why it is, but every time I reach out for something I want, I have to pull back because
other people will suffer.  My whole bloody life, time after time after time.
Keller:  You're a considerate fella, there's nothing wrong in that.
Chris: To hell with that.
Keller: Did you ask Annie yet?
Chris: I wanted to get this settled first.
Keller: How do you know she'll marry you? Maybe she feels the same way Mother does?
Chris: Well, if she does, then that's the end of it.  From her letters I think she's forgotten him.  I'll find
out.  And then we'll thrash it out with Mother?  Right? Dad, don't avoid me.
Keller: The trouble is, you don't see enough women.  You never did.
Chris: So what?  I'm not fast with women.
Keller: I don't see why it has to be Annie.
Chris: Because it is.
Keller: That's a good answer, but it don't answer anything.  You haven't seen her since you went to war.  
It's five years.
Chris: I can't help it.  I know her best.  I was brought up next door to her.  These years when I think of
someone for my wife, I think of Annie.  What do you want, a diagram?
Keller: I don't want a diagram... I...I'm... She thinks he's coming back Chris.  You marry that girl and
you're pronouncing him dead.  Now what's going to happen to mother?  Do you know?  I don't.  {pause}
Chris: All right, then, Dad.
Keller: {thinking Chris has retreated} Give it some more thougth.
Chris: I've given it three years of thought.  I'd hoped that if I waited, Mother would forget Larry and then
we'd have a regular wedding and everything happy.  But if that can't happen here, then I'll have to get
out.
Keller: What the hell is this?
Chris: I'll get out.  I'll get married and live some place else.  Maybe in New York.

brainbomb

#2718 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:27 pm

Jim: {resigned} All right, Susie.  {trailing off} All right, all right... {to Ann} I've only met you, Ann, but if I
may offer you a piece of advice... When you marry, never, even in your mind, never count your
husband's money.
Sue: {from offstage} Jim?
Jim: At once! {Turns and goes off} At once. {He exits}
Mother: {Ann is looking at her.  She speaks meaningfully} I told her to take up the guitar.  It'd be a
common interest for them. {they laugh} Well, he loves the guitar!
Ann, as though to overcome Mother, becomes suddenly lively, crosses to Keller on settee, sits on his lap.
Ann: Let's eat at the shore tonight! Raise some hell around here, like we used to before Larry went!
Mother: {emotionally} You think of him! You see? {triumphantly} She thinks of him!
Ann: {with an uncomprehending smile} What do you mean, Kate?
Mother: Nothing. Just that you ... remember him, he's in your thoughts.
Ann: That's a funny thing to say ... how could I help remembering him?
Mother: {it is drawing to a head the wrong way for her.  She starts anew. She rises and comes to Ann}
Did you hang up your things?
Ann: Yeah ... {to Chris} Say, you've sure gone in for clothes.  I could hardly find room in the closet.
Mother: No, don't you remember? That's Larry's room.
Ann: You mean ... they're Larry's?
Mother: Didn't you recognize them?
Ann: {slowly rising, a little embarrassed} Well, it never occurred to me that you'd ... I mean the shoes are
all shined.
Mother: Yes, dear.  {slight pause.  Ann can't stop staring at her.  Mother breaks it by speaking with the
relish of gossip, putting her arm around Ann and walking with her} For so long I've been aching for a nice
conversation with you, Annie. Tell me something.
Ann: What?
Mother: I don't know. Something nice.
Chris: {wryly} She means do you go out much?
Mother: Oh, shut up.

Durga

#2719 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:27 pm

##call gm please stop him from spamming

brainbomb

#2720 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:28 pm

Mother: That's because you keep on playing policeman with the kids.  All their parents hear out of you is
jail, jail, jail.
Keller: Actually what happened was that when I got home from the penitentiary the kids get very
interested in me. You know kids.  I was {laughs} like the expert on the jail situation.  And as time passed
they got it confused and ... I ended up a detective.  {laughs}
Mother:  Except that they didn't get it confused.  {to Ann} He hands out police badges from the Post
Toasties boxes.  {they laugh}   
Ann rises and comes to Keller, putting her arm around his shoulder.
Ann:  {wonderously at them, happy} Gosh, it's wonderful to hear you laughing about it.
Chris: Why, what'd you expect?
Ann: The last thing I remember on this block was one word ... "Murderers!"  Remember that, Kate?  Mrs.
Hammond standing in front of our house yelling that word?  She's still around, I suppose?
Mother: They're all still around.
Keller:  Don't listen to her.  Every Saturday night the whole gang is playin' poker in this arbor.  All the
ones who yelled murderer takin' my money now.
Mother: Don't, Joe.  She's a sensitive girl, don't fool her.  {to Ann} They still remember about Dad.  It's
different with him. {indicates Joe} He was exonerated, your father's still there.  That's why I wasn't so
enthusiastic about your coming.  Honestly, I know how sensitive you are and I told Chris, I said...
Keller:  Listen, you do like I did and you'll be all right.  The day I come home, I got out of my car ... but
not in front of the house... on the corner.  You should've been here, Annie, and you too Chris.  You'd'a
seen something.  Everybody know I was getting out that day.  The porches were loaded.  Picture it now.  
None of them believed I was innocent.  The story was, I pulled a fast one getting myself exonerated.  So I
get out of my car, and I walk  down the street.  But very slow.  And with a smile.  The beast!  I was the
beast ... the guy who sold cracked cylinder heads to the Army Air Force ... the guy who made twenty one
P‐40s crash in Australia.  Kid, walkin' down the street that day I was guilty as hell.  Except I wasn't, and
there as a court apper in my pocket to prove I wasn't, and I walked ... past ... the porches.  Result?  
Fourteen months later I had one of the best shops in the state again, a respected man again, bigger than
ever.
Chris: (with admiration) Joe McGuts.
Keller:  (now with great force): That's the only way you lick 'em is guts! (To Ann)  The worst thing yoiu
did was to move away from here.  You made it tough for your father when he gets out.  That's why I tell
you, I like to see him move back right on this block.
Mother: (pained) How could they move back?