M53: Mafia 1 Redux

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: M53: Mafia 1 Redux

#201 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:07 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:29 pm
Kakarroto, xorxes, Vecna, Kitsune, Jamiet

Who has yet to do this, Bozo?
I believe everyone who has posted except Vecna has participated, so Vecna, brainbomb, and damo.

bozotheclown

#202 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:12 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:25 pm
I would like to propose a second experiment in addition to bozo's. In order to help identify scum, please state your Advanced Dungeons and Dragons race/class combo:

BobMcBob
bozotheclown
brainbomb
BunnyGo
damo666
e.m.c^42
flash2015
foodcoats - human mage
Foxcastle
Jamiet99uk
Kakarroto
KalelChase
Kitsune
Nephthys
rdrivera2005
Squigs44
Vecna
xorxes
I have never played that game.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#203 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:19 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:51 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:08 pm
Not so hot takes:

Xorxes is town. He stole the only observation I had in the first few pages in that the role playing cleared some scum-scum pairs.

Out of the role players, Neph is wack, but I'm actually leaning town rn. We'll see if he can keep this mood up.

Vecna is being active, which is good for town no matter his alignment. Interesting that he and Xorxes have disagreed more than once so far, interested to see if that dynamic evolves.

As already noted, Kitsunes opening was cold. Kitsune can you explain more your comment around drunk Kitsune? You seem real hesitant, so give me something open and genuine.

Fox I'm absolutely on board for a ##vote emc

5 randos: Karkarrato, Bozo, BobMcBob, Kitsune, Rdrivera
Do you normally have the same mood for 3-4 weeks?
Yes

foodcoats

#204 Post by foodcoats » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:23 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:12 pm
foodcoats wrote:
I would like to propose a second experiment in addition to bozo's. In order to help identify scum, please state your Advanced Dungeons and Dragons race/class combo:

BobMcBob
bozotheclown
brainbomb
BunnyGo
damo666
e.m.c^42
flash2015
foodcoats - human mage
Foxcastle
Jamiet99uk
Kakarroto
KalelChase
Kitsune
Nephthys
rdrivera2005
Squigs44
Vecna
xorxes
I have never played that game.
You should probably go with a human fighter. Maybe a dwarf if you want some spice.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#205 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:28 pm

Neph has mostly townreads:
Nephthys wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:01 pm
Vecna is town unless his scum game has drastically improved.
Xorx feels town-ish
I liked Squiggs entrance
I think Kit's posts are well-meaning
And his one attempt to scumread is bad:
Nephthys wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:55 pm
Really not liking Bunny. Dropping a vote with no explanation seems weak and a way to try get kudos from the army that want to slaughter emc. Also put too much effort into the random name selection and felt the need to defend it???

Bob is forced and his long post didn't provide any actual conclusions.
You say bunny's vote on emc was a way to get credit from the emc haters. Except bunny's vote was the first in the game, before the emc hate came, and Bunny got 0 kudos. The name selection post had 0 explanation originally, and after you shaded that post for no apparent reason, Bunny replied that it was random. I fail to see how Bunny put too much effort in there. While Bunny hasn't done anything towny yet, your scumread here seems contrived.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#206 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:29 pm

foodcoats wrote:

BobMcBob
bozotheclown
brainbomb
BunnyGo
damo666
e.m.c^42
flash2015
foodcoats - human mage
Foxcastle
Jamiet99uk
Kakarroto
KalelChase
Kitsune
Nephthys
rdrivera2005
Squigs44
Vecna
xorxes
Im currently playing a human rage mage. Multi class barbarian warlock.

Nephthys

#207 Post by Nephthys » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:37 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:28 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Xorx feels town-ish
I liked Squiggs entrance
Nephthys wrote:
Really not liking Bunny. Dropping a vote with no explanation seems weak and a way to try get kudos from the army that want to slaughter emc. Also put too much effort into the random name selection and felt the need to defend it???

You say bunny's vote on emc was a way to get credit from the emc haters. Except bunny's vote was the first in the game, before the emc hate came, and Bunny got 0 kudos. The name selection post had 0 explanation originally, and after you shaded that post for no apparent reason, Bunny replied that it was random. I fail to see how Bunny put too much effort in there. While Bunny hasn't done anything towny yet, your scumread here seems contrived.
I usually have town reads because thats how I predominately hunt. Look back through any game I've played. I usually nail the deep scum but otherwise my scum reads are never the best, I don't think I have ever put more than one scum in my towncore.

Are you also seriously telling me that there will be a D1 where EMC doesn't get voted for his obscure voting patterns. It's easy to pre-empt.

I'm not gonna explain the last bit as I have an interpretation of why bozo has done this and what it may mean, my interpretation leads to Bunny looks bad (among many others)

Jamiet99uk

#208 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:59 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:30 am

random not choosing? well I chose an online dice roller with the list from the first page, subtracted the everytime the names from the list (so at first it were 17, then 16 etc. from there to roll), that's why I got 2 different names with rolling the same number once. Here the list:
brainbomb (rolled 3)
flash2015 (rolled 6)
rdrivera2005 (rolled 12)
BunnyGo (rolled 3)
bozotheclown (rolled 2)

If I had to choose, I probably would've chosen brain, emc, jamie, RD and Vecna, maybe food, but that wasn't the question there.
The second of the 7 objects is: "Investigate all aspects of the reality-hallucination"

I am investigating this post, by Kakarroto.

What is this gibberish? The highlighted phrase, in particular, makes no logical sense in the English language. "subtracted the everytime the names from the list"?

What?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#209 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:02 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:37 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Nephthys wrote:
Xorx feels town-ish
I liked Squiggs entrance
Nephthys wrote:

I usually have town reads because thats how I predominately hunt. Look back through any game I've played. I usually nail the deep scum but otherwise my scum reads are never the best, I don't think I have ever put more than one scum in my towncore.

Are you also seriously telling me that there will be a D1 where EMC doesn't get voted for his obscure voting patterns. It's easy to pre-empt.

I'm not gonna explain the last bit as I have an interpretation of why bozo has done this and what it may mean, my interpretation leads to Bunny looks bad (among many others)
It's one thing to predict that emc will get votes day 1.
It's another to condemn someone for trying to garner kudos for appeasing emc haters by preemptively placing a vote there. You're construing a scummy motive for something that isnt necessarily scummy.

As to what Bozos play is, it has no mechanical value, the names themselves mean nothing, and anyone reading otherwise is falling into some deep Wifom. If you can tell me how Bunnys tone in her answer is scummy then we have something, but as I said, there was nothing in her post that you could read into.

e.m.c^42

#210 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:05 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:02 pm
If you can tell me how Bunnys tone in her answer is scummy then we have something, but as I said, there was nothing in her post that you could read into.
?

Nephthys

#211 Post by Nephthys » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:07 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Nephthys wrote:
Squigs44 wrote:

It's another to condemn someone for trying to garner kudos for appeasing emc haters by preemptively placing a vote there. You're construing a scummy motive for something that isnt necessarily scummy.

As to what Bozos play is, it has no mechanical value, the names themselves mean nothing, and anyone reading otherwise is falling into some deep Wifom. If you can tell me how Bunnys tone in her answer is scummy then we have something, but as I said, there was nothing in her post that you could read into.
Here I fundamentally disagree with you. There is a shit ton of research that backs me up as well.

As for the the vote, you cannot tell me its towny and on balance I have enough suspicion to shift it to scummy. That being said, it's D1 so much canch

Nephthys

#212 Post by Nephthys » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:08 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:07 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Nephthys wrote:

Here I fundamentally disagree with you. There is a shit ton of research that backs me up as well.

As for the the vote, you cannot tell me its towny and on balance I have enough suspicion to shift it to scummy. That being said, it's D1 so much canch
Oops

So much can change and it won't take him much to shift/neutralise my read

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#213 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:12 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:07 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Nephthys wrote:

Alright, well, I'll let you play your jedi mind tricks while us big boys do some real solving.

I explicitly stated I didn't find Bunny towny, I've only said that you are construing a rather bland post as scummy. It feels contrived to me.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#214 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:13 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:05 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
If you can tell me how Bunnys tone in her answer is scummy then we have something, but as I said, there was nothing in her post that you could read into.
?
What part of my post confuses you?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#215 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:14 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:59 pm
Kakarroto wrote:

random not choosing? well I chose an online dice roller with the list from the first page, subtracted the everytime the names from the list (so at first it were 17, then 16 etc. from there to roll), that's why I got 2 different names with rolling the same number once. Here the list:
brainbomb (rolled 3)
flash2015 (rolled 6)
rdrivera2005 (rolled 12)
BunnyGo (rolled 3)
bozotheclown (rolled 2)

If I had to choose, I probably would've chosen brain, emc, jamie, RD and Vecna, maybe food, but that wasn't the question there.
The second of the 7 objects is: "Investigate all aspects of the reality-hallucination"

What is this gibberish? The highlighted phrase, in particular, makes no logical sense in the English language. "subtracted the everytime the names from the list"?

What?
Before I engage you in conversation Jamie, I need to know:
Am I conversing with sober Jamie or drunk Jamie?

Jamiet99uk

#216 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:16 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:14 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Kakarroto wrote:

brainbomb (rolled 3)
flash2015 (rolled 6)
rdrivera2005 (rolled 12)
BunnyGo (rolled 3)
bozotheclown (rolled 2)

What?
I am quite sober. I am calm, and I am ready to receive all phenomena with equanimity.

However, you do not look very much like Kakarroto to me.

Jamiet99uk

#217 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:17 pm

I have decided to ##VOTE BRAINBOMB because he has been present on the forum more than once singe the game was born, and yet he has chosen to refrain from posting.

Nephthys

#218 Post by Nephthys » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:19 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:17 pm
I have decided to ##VOTE BRAINBOMB because he has been present on the forum more than once singe the game was born, and yet he has chosen to refrain from posting.
Its almost like he can't post.

I would recommend reading the thread in future

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#219 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:21 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:16 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:14 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

What?
I am quite sober. I am calm, and I am ready to receive all phenomena with equanimity.

However, you do not look very much like Kakarroto to me.
While the highlighted sentence is not correct English, the intention of the post was clear to me after I used context clues.

Besides that, I'm wondering how your observation of this syntactical error helps move this game along. Does this error give you an insight into Kakarrotos alignment?

e.m.c^42

#220 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:24 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:13 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:05 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
?
What part of my post confuses you?
Nvm, thought you had mixed up Kit and Bun, but it was just pronoun mistake on part of Bun