M1009 [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: M1009 [HIDDEN]

#721 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:01 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:49 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:33 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:29 pm

No. If you are 100% sure you are town and 80% sure they are town, your vote should be on them every time, no?
When you have others that you may think are scum and have others willing to vote for them, no.

Can we move on from you now Tom? I don't think your meh D1 end needs to drive the narrative when I find both bozo and xorxes to be more scummy with their behaviors and comments.
Are you asking Tom if you can stop suspecting him to be scum?
I think I was pretty explicit in what I asked, which is not the question you seem to think I was asking.

worcej

#722 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:01 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:53 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:14 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:38 am

I do not buy that the combination of these 2 posts was a reaction test, especially given the order of the posts and the posts being 10 minutes apart. worcej has almost overtaken Chaqa in suspicious activity.
You think I am not capable of planting a slip to see who is paying attention?
Can you explain to me why you set up your reaction test in this manner?
Because I wanted to see if anyone was paying close attention to people or just generating noise.

worcej

#723 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:02 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:56 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:46 pm
FWIW - my take which is all pretty much NAI

Nothing of Value (AKA Lurking): Flavius, damo, Neph

Color commentator (AKA commenting on other actions only): food, Tom

Short and Sweet (AKA Low, but kinda original, content): rdr, Jamie, EMC, chaqa

Trying at least: bozo, xorxes, Kaka

Towniest MOFO around: worcej
worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:25 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:45 pm

willing to lynch either worcej or neph whichever gains traction

disinclined to lynch Chaqa or Kakarrotto (today anyway)
Grabbing a post to reply, but I find it fascinating to have xorxes, damo, and bozo state they are willing to lynch me near each other, but never received a vote other than the short one from damo.

Add in that this is a 13 player game but other than damo, anyone find this a little hedgey from at least one of them?
What happened between these posts other than xorxes and I finding your reaction test claim suspicious?
I think I addressed it in the quoted post you are already using...

bozotheclown

#724 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:04 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:00 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:48 pm
I had not expressed a case on damo, Jamie, emc, or Tom either, and they were the only other options for a meaningful vote when I concluded that Chaqa was unlikely to be the lynch. If I was scum I had no reason to change my vote to Nephthys unless I was trying to protect someone else. Who do you think I was protecting?
Your question is, honestly, irrelevant. You may have not been protecting anyone because none of your scum partners were threatened. Therefor you could use this logic, that you are presenting now, if scrutiny came upon you.
Why would I bother changing my vote then?

bozotheclown

#725 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:06 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:01 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:14 pm
You think I am not capable of planting a slip to see who is paying attention?
Because I wanted to see if anyone was paying close attention to people or just generating noise.
Was it your intention to put information in 2 posts that had to be considered together to be a potential slip?

bozotheclown

#726 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:07 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:02 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
worcej wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:46 pm
FWIW - my take which is all pretty much NAI

Nothing of Value (AKA Lurking): Flavius, damo, Neph

Color commentator (AKA commenting on other actions only): food, Tom

Short and Sweet (AKA Low, but kinda original, content): rdr, Jamie, EMC, chaqa

Trying at least: bozo, xorxes, Kaka

Towniest MOFO around: worcej
worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:25 pm
Grabbing a post to reply, but I find it fascinating to have xorxes, damo, and bozo state they are willing to lynch me near each other, but never received a vote other than the short one from damo.

Add in that this is a 13 player game but other than damo, anyone find this a little hedgey from at least one of them?
What happened between these posts other than xorxes and I finding your reaction test claim suspicious?
So you suspect xorxes and I are scum because we said we were willing to lynch you, and you thought damo was scum because he was voting for you?

worcej

#727 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:19 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:04 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:00 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:48 pm
I had not expressed a case on damo, Jamie, emc, or Tom either, and they were the only other options for a meaningful vote when I concluded that Chaqa was unlikely to be the lynch. If I was scum I had no reason to change my vote to Nephthys unless I was trying to protect someone else. Who do you think I was protecting?
Your question is, honestly, irrelevant. You may have not been protecting anyone because none of your scum partners were threatened. Therefor you could use this logic, that you are presenting now, if scrutiny came upon you.
Why would I bother changing my vote then?
Because maybe you wanted to ensure a town player was lynched no matter what?

Your questions are pretty meh so far bozo...

worcej

#728 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:21 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:06 pm
worcej wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

Was it your intention to put information in 2 posts that had to be considered together to be a potential slip?
I can ask questions too you know.

Don't you think it takes more effort to catch a slip over 2 posts instead of 1?

worcej

#729 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:22 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:07 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:02 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

So you suspect xorxes and I are scum because we said we were willing to lynch you, and you thought damo was scum because he was voting for you?
Why do you put words in my mouth or make assumptions on what I said when I made a pretty clear indication in the original post what my thought process was?

xorxes

#730 Post by xorxes » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:28 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:38 pm
Also, there are few people around here that have a tendency to try to take charge. The currently group of people who seems to lead is rather short.

There are too many sheep for the amount of herders we have to protect from the wolves.
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:03 pm
xorxes wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:16 pm

@gold, what are your thoghts on worcej?
I think that it's a misguided push. I hear worcej's arguments for someone taking the lead, but I think this is the wrong item to push. Because to be honest I probably would have done the same thing as Tom in his shoes.
It's endearing and adorable how these two lost newbies are clamoring for a leader.

Wait a minute, it's worcej and goldie. Bizarre.
Again, I'm going to be hesitant on making any declaratory judgements until this evening when I can do a full read. But if there's anything that last game taught me is that if someone is getting shit for doing a common sense thing and getting piled on....most likely both the accuser and accused are town. Because y'all don't know how to read. I'm remembering that Superstition push during D2 that was town-led.
You were not hesitant on making a declaratory judgement that I was a bit off before doing a full read though.

Comparing this game to the previous one is not very meaningful. Last game relied almost exclusively on mechanics and reads were pretty much irrelevant. That lynch you're referring to was between two counterclaims, and the result of the lynch was win-win whether we got it right or not, so not even much incentive to get it right. (I was lowkey hoping to get it wrong because that got rid of a useless townie in an elegant way and cleared one VT at the same time, but don't tell this to anyone.)

xorxes

#731 Post by xorxes » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:49 pm

worcej wrote:
When you confirmed that I was paying attention, you said that it was NAI though, so it seems like a lot of effort for nothing. The problem I have with it is that the more I look at it the less sense it makes.

You look at the bot and then start catching up. You decide that you will be making a reaction test to check if people are just generating noise, basically by generating some noise yourself.

You ask Jamie if he had voted for damo even though you already knew the answer, planning ahead.

You continue to catch up, and respond to foodcoats and to Chaqa with basically two noise-posts.

You then post this:
worcej wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:33 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:10 pm
Both Tom and Xorxes voting Jamiet and Food watching him. Interesting.

I thought that the mass claim was a joke but the emc question is useless unless Jamiet is questioning if emc should be posting flavor. Will wait for his answers.
I had the same thought when I quickly checked the bot for votes.

Tom seems to be in typical form, xorxes is a little more laid back. NAI but at least observations.
Which now it is not clear if they were real observations or just some filler to complete your reaction test.

You could not have predicted, when starting your test, that you would find this post by rivera as you were catching up where you could insert your comment that you "had the same thought when I quickly checked the bot for votes".

So something doesn't add up.

(Finding it interesting that me and Tom were both on the same wagon is kind of weird, both for rivera and for you, but that's really another story. I would hazard to say Tom and I vote on the same wagon more often than chance would predict, something I have noticed lately, but it's hard to check. It would be nice if someone had a database they could do quick queries on for this kind of fun stuff.)

foodcoats

#732 Post by foodcoats » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:53 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:42 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:36 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:08 pm
...but lest we forget I also said I think bozo looked like shit too. I find it interesting that this has been almost missed/swept away so far.
Actually, I too think bozo looks unappetizing. bozo parked on Chaqa for ages and then swung onto Neph to push the wagon up ahead 4/2 with 30 minutes to go, providing this justification:
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:31 pm

I do not agree with your reads much.

##VOTE Nephthys
Not the greatest reason to stack off there. bozo also repeatedly hammered on Chaqa, even saying after voting for Neph that they really preferred to hang Chaqa or worcej, despite it being bozo who in leaving Chaqa dropped Chaqa down to a 1 vote wagon (the wagons were 3/2/2, then 4/2/1 with some other vanities because of bozo's switch), and pushed Neph up into true leadership position in doing so.

##VOTE bozotheclown
I tried for most of D1 to get votes for Chaqa and apparently was only able to convince damo to vote for him. (Maybe it is not a coincidence that damo is no longer here). I voted for Nephthys when I was leaving before EOD because it did not seem likely that Chaqa would be lynched, and I thought Nephthys was more likely to be scum than the other wagons. If I had been able to be online at EOD, I would have waited longer to change my vote, but unless others decided to vote for Chaqa, or a wagon on worcej materialized, I would have ended up voting for Nephthys.

Also, your analysis contains an error, the wagons were 3/2/2/2/2/2, so after my vote change, the wagons were 4/2/2/2/2/1, not 4/2/1. I addressed all of the 2 vote wagons with this post:
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:34 pm
I would lynch Chaqa or worcej, but Nephthys looks suspicious as well. My guess is that damo and Jamie are both town, as well as emc. I am not sure about Tom. I will probably be on the road at EOD, I will check in from mobile if possible.
Since you find my vote for Nephthys suspicious, can you tell me what potential scum motivation you see in changing my vote to Nephthys when I did? From what you said, the only thing I can conclude is that you think I might have been protecting Chaqa.
My bad on the counts, though it still dropped your alleged preferred candidate out of the running.

The scum play there is shoring up a promising mislynch at an appropriate time.

xorxes

#733 Post by xorxes » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:06 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:32 pm
I kind of thought worcej was using the night to set up my mislynch, but I’m cooling on that some (though he may be just trying to distance himself from my wagon hoping the momentum is there without him).
Why worcej in particular, why not anyone else, say Jamie who is voting for you, or emc or rivera who have been somewhat scumreading you, or myself? What was it that made you think it was worcej who had this plan to set you up?

Anyway, the two specific reasons I mentioned were firts the "reaction test". Do you have an opinion on that? Weird? Believable? AI?

And secondly this:
worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:07 pm
xorxes wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:05 pm
Oh well. Sorry Neph.
Oh well? That isn't normally a post you fire when you're wrong...
which he seems to have pulled completely out of his ass. I very much doubt there's any clear pattern in how I react when finding out I was wrong, and if there is a pattern that I'm not aware of, it is not one that worcej seems to have any idea of what it is or how this may be an outlier. So yes, this rubbed me very much the wrong way.

worcej

#734 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:19 pm

xorxes wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:06 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
I kind of thought worcej was using the night to set up my mislynch, but I’m cooling on that some (though he may be just trying to distance himself from my wagon hoping the momentum is there without him).
Why worcej in particular, why not anyone else, say Jamie who is voting for you, or emc or rivera who have been somewhat scumreading you, or myself? What was it that made you think it was worcej who had this plan to set you up?

Anyway, the two specific reasons I mentioned were firts the "reaction test". Do you have an opinion on that? Weird? Believable? AI?

And secondly this:
worcej wrote:
xorxes wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:05 pm
Oh well. Sorry Neph.
which he seems to have pulled completely out of his ass. I very much doubt there's any clear pattern in how I react when finding out I was wrong, and if there is a pattern that I'm not aware of, it is not one that worcej seems to have any idea of what it is or how this may be an outlier. So yes, this rubbed me very much the wrong way.
Finally, we get the shitty cut of meat xorxes has been chewing on!

worcej

#735 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:20 pm

xorxes wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:28 pm
worcej wrote:
Also, there are few people around here that have a tendency to try to take charge. The currently group of people who seems to lead is rather short.

There are too many sheep for the amount of herders we have to protect from the wolves.
goldfinger0303 wrote:
xorxes wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:16 pm

@gold, what are your thoghts on worcej?
I think that it's a misguided push. I hear worcej's arguments for someone taking the lead, but I think this is the wrong item to push. Because to be honest I probably would have done the same thing as Tom in his shoes.
It's endearing and adorable how these two lost newbies are clamoring for a leader.

Really, who is actively trying to lead this game? What is bizarre about me pointing out a consistent problem with webDip mafia?

xorxes

#736 Post by xorxes » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:23 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:19 pm
xorxes wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:06 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:

And secondly this:
worcej wrote:
Finally, we get the shitty cut of meat xorxes has been chewing on!
What does that mean?

xorxes

#737 Post by xorxes » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:27 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:20 pm
xorxes wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:28 pm
worcej wrote:

goldfinger0303 wrote:

Really, who is actively trying to lead this game? What is bizarre about me pointing out a consistent problem with webDip mafia?
Why would someone leading be a good thing at all? Why would you want to be led and not make your own decisions? Only scum want leaders that they can follow without having to justify their own actions. Neither you nor goldie ever struck me as the sheep type either, so yes, I do find you two yearning for a leader a bit bizarre.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#738 Post by goldfinger0303 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:25 pm

Xorxes don't interpret that as me wanting to sheep. How I interpreted worcej's post is that he wanted people to become proactive and start pushing things - because he felt people were sitting around talking about nothing-burgers waiting for something to happen. I agree with the sentiment.

xorxes

#739 Post by xorxes » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:36 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:25 pm
Xorxes don't interpret that as me wanting to sheep. How I interpreted worcej's post is that he wanted people to become proactive and start pushing things - because he felt people were sitting around talking about nothing-burgers waiting for something to happen. I agree with the sentiment.
OK, that's not what he seemed to be saying, but I agree we need more active participation.

xorxes

#740 Post by xorxes » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:38 pm

@gold, when you've read enough to have an opinion on worcej and everyone else I'd be very interested to hear it.