MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#2161 Post by Vecna » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:37 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:19 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:12 pm
Attempt to drive discussion:

Hosu has been amazingly lazy and non impactful. Thoughts on Scum1|Hosu hard bussing or Scum2|Hosu getting lucky while riding coattails to end on bob? Everything is a sheep or a limp on vote.
I'm pretty sure Hosuke is town, despite him being completely useless so far. I could be wrong, but I would be opposed to lynching him today.

Temasek is a better option. Unfortunately neither him nor Kitsune will be here until very close to EOD because of timezones, so pressure on any of them is pretty useless at this point.

##VOTE rdrivera
pretty bland statement. you wanna lynch them to hit scum, not apply tbis always mentioned nonsensical "pressure"

Jamiet99uk

#2162 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:38 pm

1. Vote Count 3.7

yavuzovic(4) - bozotheclown, FlaviusAetius, Temasek22, dargorygel
Chaqa(3) - Vecna, BionicMole, rdrivera2005
CmdrLikely(2) - KalelChase, DemonRHK,
Rdrivera2005(2) - Tom Bombadil, xorxes
purplecow(1) - ND
bozotheclown(1) - purplecow
KalelChase(1) - CmdrLikely
Temasek22(1) - ItsHosuke
dargorygel(1) Yavuzovic
Kitsune(1) - Chaqa

YAVUZOVIC is in line to dangle from the hangman's noose.

6 hours and 22 minutes are left in Day 3.

Kitsune and emc must remember to vote by end of day.

Vecna

#2163 Post by Vecna » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:42 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:48 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:36 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:02 pm
Look, this is getting old.

I hardclaim FEMALE VT. That’s why I did all of this.

Lynch me today or tomorrow just stop with the conspiracy theories about me being mafia so I can stop having a headache about it, Jesus.
I say we just let Jack take care of you.
Unless, of course, you are Jack... Hmm...
this was basically my first impulse reading it.

claiming female as mafia and inviting death seems unlikely, or at best a last ditch effort at survival.

I dno, chaqa loves the weird type of playstyle, but maybe hes just vt here. which is fucking annoying because....why state the female shit

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2164 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:43 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:32 pm
Does no one else see how scummy/lazy Tom is?
I agree. It's OMGUS but it's the second time he try to start a wagon on me without stating a reason.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2165 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:44 pm

xorxes wrote:
DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:12 pm
Attempt to drive discussion:

Hosu has been amazingly lazy and non impactful. Thoughts on Scum1|Hosu hard bussing or Scum2|Hosu getting lucky while riding coattails to end on bob? Everything is a sheep or a limp on vote.
I'm pretty sure Hosuke is town, despite him being completely useless so far. I could be wrong, but I would be opposed to lynching him today.

Temasek is a better option. Unfortunately neither him nor Kitsune will be here until very close to EOD because of timezones, so pressure on any of them is pretty useless at this point.

##VOTE rdrivera
Another vote without any reasoning, it's getting better.

Vecna

#2166 Post by Vecna » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:46 pm

anyways with our prs veing what they are, were probably just going to be dancing around this damn issue for days. nice going chaqa, if youre town you sure made solving this game even more tricky.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2167 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:46 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:30 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:25 pm
xorxes wrote:

##VOTE rdrivera
Can you elevator pitch me this wagon? I'm in an iso of rdr on the bot and outside of his jack flub not seeing a ton, would like your perspective.
I just want him to participate.
That's the first decent reason to vote me, I feel I am doing a pretty shitty job at scumhunting.

##vote Tom, he is better then this as town.

Vecna

#2168 Post by Vecna » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:47 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:43 pm
Chaqa wrote:
I agree. It's OMGUS but it's the second time he try to start a wagon on me without stating a reason.
well you havent axactly been overly towny so far this game....

Jamiet99uk

#2169 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:47 pm

GM NOTE

Worcej and I will both be fairly busy tonight. I will post the "hold" message at the usual moment, but I'll be adjudicating from my phone, so the final EoD confirmation vote count, and ending flavour, may take ever so slightly longer than my normal lightning fast time. Please be patient.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2170 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:56 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:47 pm
GM NOTE

Worcej and I will both be fairly busy tonight. I will post the "hold" message at the usual moment, but I'll be adjudicating from my phone, so the final EoD confirmation vote count, and ending flavour, may take ever so slightly longer than my normal lightning fast time. Please be patient.
Thanks for the heads up and for all the work you two are doing.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2171 Post by KalelChase » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:57 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:32 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:25 pm
GM told me that they won't be confirming anything.
But they can't deny this as well, if you ask.
I don't recommend to ask, that keeps GMs happier.
So basically we have to decide between:

- GM was careless but they can't admit it without making things worse.
- GM was not careless and yavu is being borderline crafty.

Tough choice.
If the second one, then that's quite clever. An off-the-rails on a GM-careless-Meta is a bog we can't ever clear. It's probably confirmation, bias but I wont be hopping on the Yav wagon.

My position on Chaq hasn't changed, and I'm trying not to sheep a wagon because of momentum, or because it contains my best Townleans (ND, Bionic, Vecna) - Tom and Demon are close but seem to be trying a little too hard.

In terms of viable wagons that leaves me with Commander and RDR.

You all saw my ISO on Commander, and I did go back and reread the "trying to be town" stuff with the added perspective of the coaching I got, and I can see this as just the miscommunication it's presented as... especially for someone new to forum play.

That leaves me RDR. I'm going to ISO, and then decide if I'm going to change my vote before I head off to see Spamalot.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2172 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:57 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:46 pm
xorxes wrote:
DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:25 pm

Can you elevator pitch me this wagon? I'm in an iso of rdr on the bot and outside of his jack flub not seeing a ton, would like your perspective.
That's the first decent reason to vote me, I feel I am doing a pretty shitty job at scumhunting.

Nope. This is how I operate every game. I rule out people I think are town. Get my POE pool and vote from there. You seem the most likely to be scum (and on Bobs team) for your D1 actions, you haven’t do anything to make me think you are town, and are a dangerous scum player. POE says you should be the lynch.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2173 Post by KalelChase » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:34 pm

RDR ISO,

Remember this is just a list of observations... where I think it's clear I'll put +/-/?
Generally I do it this way because other peoples observations about my observations are the most helpful for me... I'm collaborative that way.

Day 1 (13 posts, Vote Damo)
? Pocketing Xorx
- Weak gut vote Damo - "I have feeling he's on Burke & Hare" (why so specific?)
Misremember Jacks rules (Is RDR usually a stickler for rules?)

N1 (2 Posts)
? Scum reading Damo, Frost move from computer to vapor is scum101 (RDR was wrong on these, but that doesn't means scummy, could just be throwing ideas out).

D2 (15 Posts, Vote Chaq then Un then Frost)
+ After exchange with Chaq concedes point of what Mafia knows.
+ Had justification for Frost vote. Wrong, but at least thought it through.
"I have to agree with Bunny, Bozo and Vecna (which I think that are likely town) that lynching ND tomorrow is probably a bad idea."
Other towns: Flav, Chaqa....
- Then accuses Chaqa of budding up to Bozo (giving him credit for good scumhunting) - if RDR really thinks they're both town then what's the point of pointing out pocketing?

N2 (2 Posts)
- "Frost was scummy and would have been a liability anyway." (Originally, after the first D/N I thought we had it good. But now that I see how deadly nights can be I don't think we should take loosing any Townies, even VTs, lightly).
Does admit to seeing too much Town.

D3 (7 Posts as of Page 109, Post 2172: Vote Chaq and switch to Tom)
- "Two dead VTs isn't the worst result for the night and neither the better. " (Again, pretty casual about loosing two more of us).
+ Pushes back on Purple for Sheeping

Kalel's Observations - RDR was scum read by me early, but only because others were more town read. Now that I look at the posts it's not one thing that does it but his general attitude towards Town getting killed.

I don't like Commanders reaction to my ISO, but at least he was passionate in responding.

##Vote RDRiera

Kit, oh Kit, where for art thou? Bunny is gone and I need someone who knows how to pour through my post filled posts.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2174 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:55 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:47 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:43 pm
Chaqa wrote:
well you havent axactly been overly towny so far this game....
You haven't too...

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2175 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:59 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:57 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
xorxes wrote:

Nope. This is how I operate every game. I rule out people I think are town. Get my POE pool and vote from there. You seem the most likely to be scum (and on Bobs team) for your D1 actions, you haven’t do anything to make me think you are town, and are a dangerous scum player. POE says you should be the lynch.
This is pure bullshit. You weren't even here on D1 to see how things went, you jump on me for a comment with 4 hours to EOD and missing EOD. You say it's POE but I really didn't see you doing any other effort.

xorxes

#2176 Post by xorxes » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:00 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:42 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:48 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:36 pm

I say we just let Jack take care of you.
Unless, of course, you are Jack... Hmm...
this was basically my first impulse reading it.

claiming female as mafia and inviting death seems unlikely, or at best a last ditch effort at survival.

I dno, chaqa loves the weird type of playstyle, but maybe hes just vt here. which is fucking annoying because....why state the female shit
He had already basically claimed VT, so there was nothing more to claim if he didn't claim female.

yavuzovic

#2177 Post by yavuzovic » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:07 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:06 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:02 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:02 pm
Look, this is getting old.

I hardclaim FEMALE VT. That’s why I did all of this.

Lynch me today or tomorrow just stop with the conspiracy theories about me being mafia so I can stop having a headache about it, Jesus.
Scenario 1: Chaqa is VT
Jack kill him on N4

Scenario 2: Chaqa is Mafia
Jack kills him on N4

Scenario 3: Chaqa is SK
We lynch him on D5
A couple of outliers but actually solid points.
I'm not pointing those out, I'm suggesting not to lynch him today.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2178 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:15 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:59 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:57 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:

This is pure bullshit. You weren't even here on D1 to see how things went, you jump on me for a comment with 4 hours to EOD and missing EOD. You say it's POE but I really didn't see you doing any other effort.
Seems weird that you are trying to discredit me by saying I wasn’t there. I have the ability to do vote analysis after the fact...

CmdrLikely

#2179 Post by CmdrLikely » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:21 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:17 am
Holiday bullshit. No excuse but w/e.

##Vote CmdrLikely

There was a post near the end of Day 2 where people were trying to get some action going and he made an 'oh no anyone but Tem' post that just sits funny.

In addition, I reallllly dislike Tom's EoN reads. I don't see most of those players from the same prospective.

Yavu's spot just needs killed at this point. Too many subs and it's fucking unreadable.

A couple questions I saw at me:

- I feel Chaqa is a possible strongman in a gambit to power-kill Hyde. I don't see him as a goon due to the risk in getting a female kileld by Jack.

- Scum team A is so weak that if they end up getting voted up, they could actually tell us which kills were theirs as to try to get Team B lynched. Team B could do that as well, if one of thiers is about to catch a lynch.
Ah let me clarify on the Tem action. The quote is:
CmdrLikely wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:43 pm
Frostwind is fine, please don't change to Temask! We can talk about it tomorrow if we want. I don't want us to make a mistake by rushing, that's how scum gets ya'.
I am a strong believer of not rushing into reactions, especially at EOD. I believe a good scum strategy would be to make people second guess things especially at the last minute to devoid town the time to think through it properly. On principal, I will always encourage people to avoid that trap, barring the inevitable and exceptional "never say never" scenarios, of course.

xorxes

#2180 Post by xorxes » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:33 pm

Ah let me clarify on the Tem action. The quote is:
CmdrLikely wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:43 pm
Frostwind is fine, please don't change to Temask! We can talk about it tomorrow if we want. I don't want us to make a mistake by rushing, that's how scum gets ya'.
I am a strong believer of not rushing into reactions, especially at EOD. I believe a good scum strategy would be to make people second guess things especially at the last minute to devoid town the time to think through it properly. On principal, I will always encourage people to avoid that trap, barring the inevitable and exceptional "never say never" scenarios, of course.
[/quote]

So what were your thoughts on Temasek, now that we have time to talk about it?