MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BunnyGo

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#1381 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:39 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:36 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:39 am
Now...Drunk Bunny (TM) is going to go do some ISOs and post thoughts here. If there's anybody you want me to focus on, let me know and I'll do my best. Otherwise, I'm going to focus on my scummiest leans.
Tom and bosox, connections they probably are
ok...those'll be short...

FlaviusAetius

#1382 Post by FlaviusAetius » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:40 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:39 am
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:38 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 am
How do you draw that conclusion, and why announce it?
Most of the PR's are anti-town and people who are actually looking(mafia) already saw it, so there's literally no reason NOT to bring it up, more information the better for us
WHAT DOES PR MEAN?!
power role

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1383 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:42 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:30 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:15 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:06 am

Yes you clearly love pedantic answers.

##VOTE bo_sox just for being an insufferable pedant.
I mean... yeah, I am an insufferable pedant. I can't remember the last game I played where I didn't annoy a few people into voting for me.

Aside from subbing into a game that I didn't have time to play, this game is so absurdly anti-town that I'm really struggling to care. So if my insufferable pedantic nature is the best you've got after 96 hours, you're probably in the same boat that I'm in.
Nah, I'm not leaving it there. Just putting it there for now. Will be sure to not stay there by EOD.

Any requests for people for me to ISO?
If it were me, I'd pick five of the top 10 posters and see what you come up with.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1384 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:44 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:38 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 am
How do you draw that conclusion, and why announce it?
Most of the PR's are anti-town and people who are actually looking(mafia) already saw it, so there's literally no reason NOT to bring it up, more information the better for us
So you're referring to mafia and town PRs here. Got it.

BionicMole

#1385 Post by BionicMole » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:52 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:23 am
What an oddly angry post.

Mole - what is your read on Flav? What is your read on me?
Keep in mind I just read 75 messages from Flav this evening and half of them were asking you how you felt when you read your roll. I am leaning scum on Flav and I mention it in a recent message.

I got nothing on you either way

BunnyGo

#1386 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:52 am

By the way @Cuno:

Did you see anything last night?

BunnyGo

#1387 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:53 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:52 am
By the way @Cuno:

Did you see anything last night?
and by @Cuno, I mean @Vecna

BunnyGo

#1388 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:55 am

Frost's ISO is not good. It's short, it's talkative about unimportant stuff. And it's inconsistent.

His first post started well for me. Strong opening.
frostwind wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:21 am
[not in character, in case anyone was wondering]

<snip>This is my first game so I'm still developing a strategy. I can't give a good scumread right off the bat so...<snip>

[*]First, I haven't gotten enough information right now to make a judgement call, but I'm a staunch believer in using the town's greatest ability: to execute people.
[*]Second, this vote forces me to make a second post once I'm done with my analysis. That way I can stay away from violating any rules
[*]Third, there are no suicidal roles [at least as far as I remember] in this game, so I can show my openness to town questioning me.
But talks about being inexperienced. Then comes back with
frostwind wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:38 am
<snip> I've attained some form of experience over other online mafia platforms (such as Town of Salem, if you have heard of it). I'm Gold rank (second highest) for ToS, so I've developed at least a little intuition of who might be scum.<snip>
Then his only substantive post of the game:
frostwind wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:06 pm
Alright, back onto the beaten path...

tl;dr: Analysis of teams on three factors: identifiability, win efficiency, and special abilities (best to worst).

<snip>

tl;dr: WHHHYYYYYYY?!

frostwind wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:53 pm
After getting some food in my stomach, I'm rereading through the thread. I'm gonna hop off the Computer_Genius wagon, since he's probably never gonna talk. I find BobMcBob as giving off too many town vibes to attempt a hang on.

##VOTE VAPORWAVE

WHYYYYYY?! Vapor was not giving any scum vibes (all the issues were ESL stuff). It's no fault to not be voting on Bob (I didn't) but *why* Vapor?

frostwind wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:24 pm
Agree with most of the analysis. Bob, as far as I saw, didn't have many people defending him near the end of the day, probably meaning his teammates were AWOL. I'm also interested in people like ItsHosuke, who've been posting without much substance. I understand I might be guilty of similar incidences, and I apologize: as a newbie and just another random townie, this game takes some getting used to.

To be fair, being an ordinary town member makes it less of a sacrifice to have me lynched, and since this is a great start for town, I doubt I'll be missed much. So if that's what you guys want, you guys can have it.

Hosuke isn't posting anything.

Also, YOU'RE NOT A NEWBIE. What do you think a "random townie" should be doing?

And I don't know why you aren't railing and raging against us lynching you. That's pretty scummy to me.

frostwind wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:17 am

Yeah, thought something was off lol. Since I'm moving out of my dormitory for Thanksgiving break and the general annoyingness of dynamic programming/heteronuclear molecular orbitals/integrals/number theory congruences they're all messing with my brain, <snip>

What's annoying about congruences?! You sir are making no sense at all!

All that said:

##VOTE KITSUNE

Her moving shouldn't be taking her away that long. COME BACK FOXY!

BionicMole

#1389 Post by BionicMole » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:14 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:35 am
BionicMole wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:52 am
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:54 pm
Because Jekyll is dying tonight that iss why, why are we doing the mafia's dirty work for them
You've said this about a dozen times already, is it you slipping your next NK vote?
I'm starting to lean you that way ngl
Listen I did not understand that Mafia were not trying to kill Jekyll, if you actually read the game you would understand we were all baffled by the kill. Its been explained to me that they actually thought ND was Holmes, I still think this is unlikely because if ND is really saying all those crumbs were that obvious why would anyone want to kill him, if they were clearly fake?

But he got RBed so that does give some credance to it, that they really thought he was a PR role...

I still think Mafia might want to kill Jekyll, go look at the reasons above from Bunny, and ONTOP of that Jekyll can save themselves from a mafia kill, this will be the only night that wont be the case

Now going onto new relevations^above was my thinking at the time
Chaqa is probably a VT, if not we can easily get a scan on him and we are good there, ND dies tomorrow, Bunny doesnt think he should, not too sure if I buy that, but its POSSIBLE mafia would, think he's a net-town asset and should die

Also are you serious? WHY WOULD I CRUMB MY VOTE IN PUBLIC HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE, I DONT EVEN THINK CRUMBING IS A GOOD IDEA ANYWAYS
I didn't say crumbed
I said slipped

BunnyGo

#1390 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:21 am

OK, and here's the ISO you Londoners have all been waiting on, the weird, ineffective, and vanishing e.m.c.

You can skip almost all his posts before page 13 (and there were a lot of them). He glad hands, he schmoozes, he says nothing. Talks a little about day doctor and roles he wants to play. Talks A LOT, but says NOTHING. Here's a representative example:
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:25 am
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:13 am
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:54 am
Hey guys, I’ll check in when I’m home
Chaqa, as much as I love you, we've all gotta admit you're always on a long-distance road trip going home lol
I have great expectation of you showing up at 30 minutes before EOD,

"Hey everyone, work's been hectic since my boss gave the new HR guy herpes on accident, so I've been doing overtime these few days. Haven't had time to read the thread yet, ##vote leadingwagon until I catch up."

<3

again, great expectations here
OK, then he translate's Vecna's Cuno stuff, and gets in a LOOOONG and MEANINGLESS discussion with Xorxes about it.

Here's his first post of any substance at all:
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:29 pm
On Chaqa's claim, hmm

Don't quite see any motivation for him to claim at this point, unless he's VT stirring shit, but give me time to think a bit more

regarding it as a null thing for now as currently thinking more
And it is substantive. Also proved to be correct (or at least correct that the claim was false).

He continues his folksy discussions of meaningless stuff (like his translation). Here's his next substantive post, but it's again about Chaq:
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:55 pm
BionicMole wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:44 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:29 pm
On Chaqa's claim, hmm

Don't quite see any motivation for him to claim at this point, unless he's VT stirring shit, but give me time to think a bit more

regarding it as a null thing for now as currently thinking more
I have been thinking about this for the last 10 minutes or so and I felt pretty good about Chaq's explanation until I ran across bozo's post saying Jekyll should claim (#61). Then I started to think that maybe this could be a ploy between scum teammates to throw us off in the early stages.
That would be some ballsy play from a scum!Chaqa. He's typically pretty cautious in games, bozo as well. Had it some other players this would be plausible, but considering characteristics of who is involved, doesn't feel like it. Not a bad idea though.

Then he talks about some of the people who have been too silent. Suggests I may be a 3P (I may be...)
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:51 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:26 pm
BionicMole wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:19 pm

After how involved Bunny was last game, this gives me the wrong vibe, He's getting my vote until he comes back and stops lurking.

##Vote BunnyGo
Yes, we need more Bunny. ##VOTE Bunny

Kitsune, Vecna and ND are also too quiet.
Well, we know Vecna's at a dip tourney/playing IRL mafia with Clae until Monday, so it's expected there.

Bunny is currently reminding me of what I did as 3p in that alien game ND (or Neph, in same game) - intentionally being lurky for goal of getting scumread.

What I'm not sure about is the why, hmm
And actually begins engaging in something more than nothing (granted, it was D1, but it was a LOT of nothing--and that's coming from me)
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:38 am
Kalel, I'd say a decent amount of stuff has occurred since your last list :D

Want to update us? Was going to do feedback on last one but it feels too out-of-date to be of use, so waiting for newest one at the moment
Skipping ahead because SO MUCH NOTHING!!!
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:59 am
This is weak of me, but will drop town points on Bunny for that return post.

Although some points he brings up are NAI due to purpose of reasoning, imma cave since I want that sweet, sweet live thread action.

Then finally an actual thought:
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:40 pm
actually, nope, 10 pages of replies will fail lmao

I don't like rivera so far this game, from iso. He's usually pretty clear compared to other players as scum/town from first day, and I'm not quite getting vibes either way, but leaning towards scummy from gut feel and meta for now.

If you look at his posts, 1) it's rather low in number (trend for him when scum, iirc), albeit with a vague excuse (town point, his excuses are more detailed when scum), and 2) content of posts. He's not had much in opinions except for recent two posts, which also feels strange. Idk, we don't have wagon on him today anyways, but putting opinion out for record
Followed by another:
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:42 pm
I still think voting for comp is a bad idea. Bozo, xorx, why. Y'all know better, that was a terrible reasoning, especially from players that usually hold VCA as relatively important, unlike me. Instead of having a single player without record, you end up with everyone on that wagon with essentially...somewhat useless votes, and an excuse to stop further reasoning for the day.
And I like this reasoning. He's examining players, calling out weird (read: bad) votes, and expressing opinions. OK, I can get behind this e.m.c. He's a presence, and after joking around a lot to get people talking has something to say.

He continues with several posts discussing not scumleaning Vapor, Dargo being off, and relative merits of voting Bob over Vapor.
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:57 pm
Ah fuck it, I'd rather idkprobablytown!Bob flip than unlikelytobescum!Vapor, so ##vote Bob

sorry man

And that's it.

He hasn't posted today at all.

Started weak. Got a bit better, then completely disappeared. I don't like it. Could be from other scum team?

BunnyGo

#1391 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:45 am

Ok, Tom comes into the game quite pleasantly (by the way, anyone wants to include Vapor on this...whatever. I liked Vapor but I'm tired and not going to ISO it now).

Tom immediately gets to work. Comments on what he's seen. And (correctly IMHO) calls out rdrivera for his strange behaviour:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:17 pm
Well this is pleasant.

Bo - stop confusing people

##vote rdrivera

Pointing out the merit of a wagon (of his scumbuddy) but finding a way to park a vote on another wagon is classic scum rivera
Draws Xorxes into a short discussion. It's nice:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:03 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:00 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:50 pm
Starting the game on this weekend is pretty bad to me I don't have time to play decently. And I will probably be offline at EOD.

Right now I got solid towny vibes from Dargo and emc. Bunny and Xorxes had good moments but they could be hunting the other faction. And I think Chaqa is really Jekkil.

I don't like the Bob "claim" thing and justification, looks a lot like Ezio last game. I still don't like Damo, it's a bit of OMGUS but I have a feeling I might've hit something to get him to be so defensive to the point of voting me. I have also a weird feeling about Temasek too, but it's about tone.

As Bob is already receiving pressure ##vote Damo
This is the post Tom was referring to. I can see rivera as Bob's teammate posting this, but I can also see town rivera posting this. I also voted for Computer because Bob's wagon was too big and had no competition even though I had some suspicion of Bob, so I don't really fault rivera for trying to start another wagon. Voting for some other wagon that already had some traction would have been more effective, but maybe he didn't like any of the alternatives. So, not enough for me to vote for rivera today.

In any case we need to sort this ND/Chaqa mess.
I sort of agree. Its not damning in a sense that he is confirmed scum, but its noticeable and I think warrants a vote considering I don't have much to go on. The difference between you doing it and him doing it is that you found you way back to the Bob wagon. He cast shade on Bob and never voted him. I know rivera occassionaly misses EOD's but I won't allow that as an excuse.
He even (correctly...probably...) calls me out as town. Who knows, maybe he's even correct:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:04 am
Also, I think Bunny is town on a re-read. I like the loose play, and the thought process of searching for words without meaning. Seems genuine versus forced.

Spends a bunch of time discussion ND/Chaq (as we all did):
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:26 pm
Why are people yelling about the stupidity of voting Chaqa or ND without presenting thoughts/cases themselves?

And most of his analysis was short but on point (the opposite of e.m.c. for those of you reading along).

Then he allows himself to be distracted by this meaningless stuff from FlavorFlav:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:47 pm
I had no impressions?

I mean, I read the role before I read the game, so I wasn’t exactly focusing on what vapor said since I already knew my role. One less person to deduce.
Overall, my impression from Vapor continues: I townlean, and I like.

BunnyGo

#1392 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:45 am

##VOTE e.m.c.

BunnyGo

#1393 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:46 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:45 am
##VOTE e.m.c.
I'm serious about this one. I want people joining this wagon. ARGUE WITH ME!!

But it's a much better wagon than the Chaqa one.

BunnyGo

#1394 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:46 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:45 am
##VOTE e.m.c.
It's probably better than frost also.

BunnyGo

#1395 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:47 am

hmmm my vote wasn't recorded:

##VOTE EMC

##VOTE E.M.c^42

##VOTE E

BunnyGo

#1396 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:48 am

I hope one of those worked.

ND

#1397 Post by ND » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:49 am

Based on what I did Night 1 I am like superman. Big true.

Anyway, look my day save is very powerful. I get the argument for keeping that around especially since I have it. I know in my hands I could potentially save lives as I have already demonstrated N1. As I have demonstrated many times in the past when I get these town protection type roles. But, unlike those games this role is gimped.

No fault to the GMs. It's an excellent setup GMs. Flavor is great and the roles are great. Jekyll is a very powerful day doctor and they balanced that with Hyde. It's unique, it fits the theme, I love it. Kudos. But, at the end of the day it is a gimped role and no fault to them. I doubt they designed the role to last very long anyway.

The role has the potential for a quick burst of effectiveness. When i maximized. It's dead weight now. Sure, the mafia can kill me. If they do, that means some PRs get their actions out. Some PRs get to live longer (or VTs). That's good. I'm glad. If they don't kill me then you guys have to do it.

Hyde is the ugly side to this role. Something I can't control. Something that no one can control. It's being played by someone outside the game. It's impossible to know who that person is or how they will play it. Keeping the role alive past D3 is not good for the town. Someone is going to die because of it, since numbers are on our side, odd's are it's going to be one of us. And my job is to save as many people as I can. In this case, the way to save people is for me to die. It's unfortunate, but it has to be done. The threat has to be eliminated. If I'm not lynched D3 then Hyde gets to kill again N5 by that point unless I somehow have miraculous luck (and/or haven't been murdered) and Watson is good our numbers are going to be greatly reduced. That puts us close to mylo or heck the game could be on the line and at that point it's basically GG.

I would be disappointed if I didn't get lynched because it would be a very risky move on the town's part not to remove my role as it is a threat despite the potential for great plays.

BionicMole

#1398 Post by BionicMole » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:49 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:47 am
hmmm my vote wasn't recorded:

##VOTE EMC

##VOTE E.M.c^42

##VOTE E
the bot takes like 3 minutes to update

BunnyGo

#1399 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:52 am

ND wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:49 am
Based on what I did Night 1 I am like superman. Big true.

Anyway, look my day save is very powerful. I get the argument for keeping that around especially since I have it. I know in my hands I could potentially save lives as I have already demonstrated N1. As I have demonstrated many times in the past when I get these town protection type roles. But, unlike those games this role is gimped.

No fault to the GMs. It's an excellent setup GMs. Flavor is great and the roles are great. Jekyll is a very powerful day doctor and they balanced that with Hyde. It's unique, it fits the theme, I love it. Kudos. But, at the end of the day it is a gimped role and no fault to them. I doubt they designed the role to last very long anyway.

The role has the potential for a quick burst of effectiveness. When i maximized. It's dead weight now. Sure, the mafia can kill me. If they do, that means some PRs get their actions out. Some PRs get to live longer (or VTs). That's good. I'm glad. If they don't kill me then you guys have to do it.

Hyde is the ugly side to this role. Something I can't control. Something that no one can control. It's being played by someone outside the game. It's impossible to know who that person is or how they will play it. Keeping the role alive past D3 is not good for the town. Someone is going to die because of it, since numbers are on our side, odd's are it's going to be one of us. And my job is to save as many people as I can. In this case, the way to save people is for me to die. It's unfortunate, but it has to be done. The threat has to be eliminated. If I'm not lynched D3 then Hyde gets to kill again N5 by that point unless I somehow have miraculous luck (and/or haven't been murdered) and Watson is good our numbers are going to be greatly reduced. That puts us close to mylo or heck the game could be on the line and at that point it's basically GG.

I would be disappointed if I didn't get lynched because it would be a very risky move on the town's part not to remove my role as it is a threat despite the potential for great plays.
Let's say we don't lynch you. We use our lynch to scum/Jack hunt. How much extra harm is Hyde doing relative to all the other deaths? We're talking 1 death on N3. The city is being decimated (LITERALLY) anyways. We need out few lynches, we need out townclears, and we need 2 heals for ever Hyde.

Your points are all valid, but I think you over-estimate how much harm 1 Hyde kill does.

BunnyGo

#1400 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:53 am

Oh, and 3 cookies for you ND. Well played!

:cookie: :cookie: :cookie: