MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#4501 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:52 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:07 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:01 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:25 pm

Well, Dargo, I suppose...

@Maniac - vote for Vapor and vote end please.
Why you want a possible scum voting Vapor?
Mainly being cheeky.

The scumteam is Vapor, Maniac, Sulit, and either Kalel or Damo, IMO.
Wait.

Chaqa your whole fucking plan was based on no scum voting for the lead wagon.

I really really don't like you saying "I HAVE THIS EXACT PLAN AND TOWN MUST FOLLOW IT CAREFULLY" , and then just casually dropping a key element of said plan.

I challenge your claim to leadership.

##UNVOTE

Jamiet99uk

#4502 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:58 pm

Who is sure Chaqa is town?

Who can rule out a Chaqa / Maniac bussing act? They know each other very well and played in many, many games together.

Chaqa coming up with an apparently detailed plan, then suddenly demanding endvotes once most people were on board, while casually discarding key elements of his plan..... this is suspect conduct.

Maniac is hunting the SK, not looking for scum.

They could be a scum pair.

Foxcastle

#4503 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:06 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:58 pm

Who can rule out a Chaqa / Maniac bussing act? They know each other very well and played in many, many games together.

Chaqa coming up with an apparently detailed plan, then suddenly demanding endvotes once most people were on board, while casually discarding key elements of his plan..... this is suspect conduct.

So what's your solution to a last-minute space stone use that jets vapor out of the possible pool, leaving... who knows what to be the outcome.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4504 Post by Chaqa » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:14 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:

I had to change the plan once Fox pointed out I had overlooked the space stone. As I said before to Maniac, the status quo is that scum already has the stones... so isn't a 6/8 or 7/8 of scum LOSING THE STONE worth taking?

As for knowing I'm town, if you think I'm scum at this point I don't know what else I have to do to convince you.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4505 Post by Chaqa » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:14 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:06 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

So what's your solution to a last-minute space stone use that jets vapor out of the possible pool, leaving... who knows what to be the outcome.
THANK YOU Fox. Honestly, Fox is pretty much coretown to me at this point.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4506 Post by Chaqa » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:25 pm

@Jamiet -

If you go back and reread my plan, the goal is to:
1. Lynch Vapor while
2. Ensuring the SK doesn't gain any more stones and
3. Minimize the chance scum keeps the stone

In order to ensure #1 happens, we need to end vote, otherwise mafia will save Vapor with the Space Stone. In order to end vote, we need 8 people. I covered with reasoning why I chose the 8 people I did, with the caveat we can't 100% guarantee that all are not scum. That said, using my best information, I think I've chosen optimally.

#2 is a non-issue if I'm correct (which I think I am) that Kitsune or Kalel is the SK.

#3, as I laid out, we have a greater than 50% chance of the stone passing to town. Three of the people on the wagon are confirmed-ish town, with myself and Fox being very very likely town. Let's say TWO scum got into the mix somehow, that's still a 6/8 or 75% that the stone passes to town.

And this all assumes Vapor even has a stone, which isn't guaranteed, as scum would likely pass stones to their least-suspected member.

So all in all, I can't see any logical gaps in this plan that make it worse than any other play, because the mafia WILL use the Space Stone to save one of their own at the last possible second, a hammer is necessary.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4507 Post by KalelChase » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:27 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:

Jamie,

You are the one I'm most sure is town, but not at 100% about anyone. If you have a plan and want to take the lead I'm happy to listen.

Jamiet99uk

#4508 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:38 pm

Fuck it.

##Vote Vapor
##End

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4509 Post by KalelChase » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:39 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:25 pm
@Jamiet -

1. Lynch Vapor while

In order to ensure #1 happens, we need to end vote, otherwise mafia will save Vapor with the Space Stone. In order to end vote, we need 8 people. I covered with reasoning why I chose the 8 people I did, with the caveat we can't 100% guarantee that all are not scum. That said, using my best information, I think I've chosen optimally.

#2 is a non-issue if I'm correct (which I think I am) that Kitsune or Kalel is the SK.

#3, as I laid out, we have a greater than 50% chance of the stone passing to town. Three of the people on the wagon are confirmed-ish town, with myself and Fox being very very likely town. Let's say TWO scum got into the mix somehow, that's still a 6/8 or 75% that the stone passes to town.

And this all assumes Vapor even has a stone, which isn't guaranteed, as scum would likely pass stones to their least-suspected member.

So all in all, I can't see any logical gaps in this plan that make it worse than any other play, because the mafia WILL use the Space Stone to save one of their own at the last possible second, a hammer is necessary.
Chaq,

On #2... (since I'm sure I'm not SK), would that explain why Kitsune was 'banished' by scum? The D2 vote, when Kit was gone, was the first one not manipulated by the power stone. Could scum have even known Kit was SK at that point (otherwise it was just a lucky guess)?

Since Kit was on the Bozo wagon and bozo had no stone.

After ISOing Kit and looking at votes I can see the parallels in our posts/votes... lot of Meta conversation and with the exception of D1 when she was gone always hopping on the big wagon.

I'm moving over to Maniac in case Vapor is 'banished', but happy to join on main wagon if you need the vote.

##VOTE Maniac

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4510 Post by KalelChase » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:39 pm

KalelChase wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:39 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:25 pm
@Jamiet -

1. Lynch Vapor while

Chaq,

On #2... (since I'm sure I'm not SK), would that explain why Kitsune was 'banished' by scum? The D2 vote, when Kit was gone, was the first one not manipulated by the power stone. Could scum have even known Kit was SK at that point (otherwise it was just a lucky guess)?

Since Kit was on the Bozo wagon and bozo had no stone.

After ISOing Kit and looking at votes I can see the parallels in our posts/votes... lot of Meta conversation and with the exception of D1 when she was gone always hopping on the big wagon.

I'm moving over to Maniac in case Vapor is 'banished', but happy to join on main wagon if you need the vote.

##VOTE Maniac
Jamie,

Would you join me on Maniac as the back-up plan? I think it fits your 'non-Chaq' plan.

foodcoats

#4511 Post by foodcoats » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:58 pm

I think this is the right play, but... are we comfortable with rdr on the wagon? I believe rdr is town, but I also believe the case for rdr to be SK is the strongest so far. If rdr is SK, it is possible they acquired the time stone off the yuuki lynch, and if Vapor is scum, there is a 50% chance they are holding a stone.

foodcoats

#4512 Post by foodcoats » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:03 pm

@Kalel I don't think you should be trying to build a counter-wagon. That just makes it EASIER for scum to flip it.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4513 Post by KalelChase » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:06 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:03 pm
@Kalel I don't think you should be trying to build a counter-wagon. That just makes it EASIER for scum to flip it.
Fair enough... are you going to vote end?

##Vote Kalel

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4514 Post by KalelChase » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:07 pm

KalelChase wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:06 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:03 pm
Fair enough... are you going to vote end?

##Vote Kalel
Then we just need Tem and Neph and it's done right? I really can't wait 1 day and 6 hours with this tension.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4515 Post by Chaqa » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:07 pm

@Kal - no need for the Maniac vote yet, and we absolutely need Jamiet in the Vapor wagon.

@Food - we could swap sulit or maybe Damo for Rivera, I guess. But I really thin its a Kitsune.

Jamie, what do you think?

Kitsune

#4516 Post by Kitsune » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:15 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:07 pm
@Kal - no need for the Maniac vote yet, and we absolutely need Jamiet in the Vapor wagon.

@Food - we could swap sulit or maybe Damo for Rivera, I guess. But I really thin its a Kitsune.

You’re wrong about me, but I don’t particularly need the extra shade for helping to lynch another top wagon, especially while I’m not wholly convinced he’s even guilty. I’ll follow your lead and trust to your calculations and your experience, but have you considered you could be wrong?

Nephthys

#4517 Post by Nephthys » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:17 pm

##vote vapor
##end

foodcoats

#4518 Post by foodcoats » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:19 pm

Kitsune wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:15 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:07 pm

You’re wrong about me, but I don’t particularly need the extra shade for helping to lynch another top wagon, especially while I’m not wholly convinced he’s even guilty. I’ll follow your lead and trust to your calculations and your experience, but have you considered you could be wrong?
This could be wrong, but the problem is that if we are right about Vapor, scum can manipulate the mechanics of the game with the infinity stones to save Vapor, force another mislynch, and STILL not reveal the rest of the scum team, meaning we start tomorrow even further back than we are today.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4519 Post by Chaqa » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:19 pm

##UNEND just so the SK can’t trigger this.

Just need Tem now.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4520 Post by Chaqa » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:20 pm

@food - vote end so it’s up to me and Tem?