MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#4601 Post by Chaqa » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:35 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:32 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:14 pm
I don't even know at this point man.

Scum, please just kill me so I can go wallow in the God QT? Lol...
This is scummy, you know you won't be killed with one clear and two claimants.
Obviously, but doesn't mean I can't wish for it.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4602 Post by KalelChase » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:09 pm

Maniac wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:56 pm
@Kalal Cap? MCU?
In the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) Ironman and Captain America had a fight called Civil War and broke up the Avengers 'right before' Thanos invaded (Infinity War)

EspressoPatronum

#4603 Post by EspressoPatronum » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:43 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:47 pm
No no like what the fuck

Vapor... how were you town.

WHAT THE FUCK
+1. That was the scummiest town flip I've ever seen.

RIP Vapor.

EspressoPatronum

#4604 Post by EspressoPatronum » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:56 pm

Not gonna lie, it's getting pretty demoralizing at this point. We really need a strong day tomorrow to pick up some momentum.

Fyi - I'll be away most of Saturday.

Kitsune

#4605 Post by Kitsune » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:14 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:34 pm
27 goddamn pages... alright I’m caught up but I definitely skimmed a bit. Some things that stick in my mind:
Those were the days. 27 freaking pages; now I'm looking through 231 if I want to do a decent deep dive. Espresso is right - this is getting demoralizing, but we have to dig up the energy from somewhere to talk this through and make sure we deduce the right scum this time without jumping to any conclusions. Rdr is probably right that the scum will target Jamie, EP or Tem based on their high profile in our lineup, but I don't want to gamble on the scum doing what they "should" do this time around.

I'm tired and tipsy so this won't be as in-depth as I'd like but running a quick ISO on Chaqa after last season's mess.

I'll try to get it out before EoN… but if not, please bear with me. It's a good weekend and I won't be super around, but I'll get this written up with my recommendations.

Jamiet99uk

#4606 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:19 pm

This is likely to be my last post.

Assuming I die, look at Maniac, Chaqa, Nepth.

Jamiet99uk

#4607 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:49 pm

Actually maybe this is my last post.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4608 Post by Chaqa » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:00 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:19 pm
This is likely to be my last post.

Assuming I die, look at Maniac, Chaqa, Nepth.
I agree about Maniac and Neph. Obviously I disagree about me, lol.

The Vapor lynch was awful but I don't think it was unjustified, he was the scummist town player I've ever seen..

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4609 Post by Maniac » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:58 pm

Here is the latest chapter of my story. I'm going to call this episode....

"The one where Maniac claims to be the Doctor"

Again it's a long story so I suggest you get yourself a cup of tea, settle down and prepare to have your opinions of me turned upside down and on their head.

This chapter starts right at the very start. Right back on Page 1, i notice this from Foxcastle. It's his first comment.
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:15 pm
Isn't funny how a little typo like "thy" for "my" can totally negate the grandiosity of a statement?
Grandiosity can mean someone who thinks they are better than everyone else. Is Fox crumbing that he is a PR? Seemed a bit obtuse, but worth keeping an eye on him. Then, still on day 1 he says...
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:04 pm

I didn't scumread you for you being a lurker. I called you a lurker at a time when you were, in fact, lurking. Interesting that you're getting all defensive about it. Perhaps the lady doth protest too much.

Also, I didn't vote you for being a lurker. I voted you for doing sketchy stuff I didn't like (your macro reads list, e.g.). PERHAPS SHE DOTH.
So he is emphasising a Shakespeare quote here, It's from Hamlet and is spoken by Queen Gertrude. Again is he saying he is above the hoi-polloi? Is he saying he has a stone; as in jewels? I googled Gertrude Spider and there is a child's book with that name, Was he crumbing being Black Widow spider? Whilst all this could be me reading too much into things, I decided to protect Foxcastle night one. I crumb who I'm going to watch N1 and also squeeze in a little 'DR' crumb in my EON reads.
Maniac wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:58 pm

Foxcastle – he is off my radar, I’ll have to watch him

TL;DR
Then off course we have the D2 debacle. First I escape the bullet with my name on it and then we're about to lynch Espresso and he claims Doctor...
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:54 pm
I'm the doctor. I targeted Jamie for healing last night bcz he was softing vig.

I was hoping my wagon would dissipate again and I wouldn't have to claim, but it's not looking so hot. I'm hoping 1hr is enough for people to vet the claim.

I didn't crumb.
Even though I've emphasised it already, it's worth repeating Espresso didn't crumb.

Now, I'm in a bind. D2 and I'm under pressure to CC. I don't think that's a good idea. Espresso could be scum trying to save his ass, but he could also be a VT trying to save his ass and draw a Roleblock and/or NK.

I decide not to CC. But I do still vote for him.
Maniac wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:08 pm
I just don’t believe Espresso claim. Any doctor should know how critical they are to Town. We have cleared towns to protect and mafia have a RB. Giving themselves up an hour before lynch is very poor doctor play. Also I think Kalal has Town slipped. Think espresso has just picked someone who could be lynched.

Should go without saying but please no one CC. This is just desperate scum trying to stay alive one more day and waste our d3 vision on him.

##vote espresso
My wagon then takes off. I could claim but that would mean I'm useless for the rest of the game or I could just accept my fate knowing that we then have to lynch Espresso the following day. As luck would have it I'm saved by the time stone. I count my blessing and keep my head down. I still didn't know if espresso is scum or a helpful VT, so I keep quiet.

So N2 I don't say much apart from
Maniac wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:59 am
Whilst I'm unlikely to die because I'm still scum read for some bizarre reasons, I thought I'd make a few comments.

My reads

Town

jamie
xorxes

Scum
could be anyone else. I really don't have a clue anymore

We.Ll see what the night brings to Us. Could bE a surprise or 423
The caps spell out LUCE 423, I didn't want to make it LUKE 4.23 as that would be too obvious. I was hoping Jamie and Xorxes, two veterans would remember my first game where I used this crumb. Luke 4.23 is a bible verse that says 'Physician, heal yourself!'

D3 and I query Espresso's claim again..
Maniac wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:08 am

Never ask a doctor, even a fake one, who they were on. It gives info to scum.
And call out what could have been a BS RB claim.
Maniac wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:09 am
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:05 am

I was roleblocked.
Of course you were cough bullshit cough, cough
Espresso doesn't really react to me, and I'm still torn on his motive. I decide to stay hidden. I also think if Espresso is scum, then scum will know I'm the real doc because of my comments and they won't want me dead as that then leaves their man to face the music. I keep a close eye on who is scum reading and pushing on me. They are more likely town. Those town reading me or nulling me are more likely scum. All that depends on Espresso's alignment, of course. Which we still don't know.

N3 and my only comment was about Dargo I say...
Maniac wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:34 pm
@Dargo - you're normally a much better player than this.
I didn't think dargo would be caught with the stone and i didn't think scum would think he still had it either so i didn't attempt to save him.

D4 comes and goes. I can't influence the lynch one way or another without claiming and that would mean I could save anyone N4.

I'm now hoping I've guessed right.

You will all, no doubt, have questions. Happy to answer them all.

I'm sure you'll want to know why am I claiming now. Well that should be obvious. We can't afford another slip up and you all seem intent in sending me to the gallows and even hammering. That would be a mistake.

I still don't know about espresso. I've obv been reading him closely and I just don't know.

I'll let whoever is holding the vision stone decide what to do. Scan me, scan Espresso, wait to hear about espresso and if he is unconvicing don't waste a scan on him and lynch him anyway. Idk. Sure others will chip in with advice on who to vision.

Peace out.

PS: Bet you're all surprised!

PPS: All that rubbish about me being Gamora and sulit being the SK was obviously me trying to buy myself another day. i don't have a scooby who the SK is.

RagingIke297

#4610 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:00 pm

##GM NOTE

N4 HAS ENDED!! PLEASE HOLD

RagingIke297

#4611 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:06 pm

The remaining avengers awake, they find that they have lost yet another member and they know their days are numbered.

Temasek22 HAS DIED, THEY WERE BLACK WIDOW, THE TOWN TRACKER

D5 Has begun, you may now post.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4612 Post by Maniac » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:09 pm

Ah Shit. Sorry Temask RIP

sulit

#4613 Post by sulit » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:28 pm

Hai. Please forgive me for my absence, I have a couple pages to read up on rq.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4614 Post by Chaqa » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:30 pm

I don't even know anymore re: Maniac & Espresso.

My gut says Maniac is just trying to cause confusion or bait the Mind Stone or something. I'm really hoping I didn't fuck up and give it to scum though.

##Vote Neph

sulit

#4615 Post by sulit » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:32 pm

Maniac wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:13 pm
Psst….

Come closer.

Listen carefully, for what I am about to disclose may affect the whole of the game. Some will say that this is just a handsome man’s fantasy, a tall story from a raving Maniac. But I tell you as sure as eggs are eggs, that I may have a key (not THE key, you understand), but a key. One little piece that may help us all solve this Gordian Knot of puzzle that, at the moment, is frustrating us all. Well not scum and the SK, they probably aren’t frustrated at all and are probably purring whilst the Town eats itself.

Anywho, back to my story. Like all good stories it starts at the beginning; Day 1. On Day 1, we’re all excited to be playing, joking around, feeling one another out. Perhaps we’re hoping for a scumslip that we can seize upon or perhaps we are itching to use our vast intellectual brain power to construct a case that the Supreme Justices themselves would simple marvel at and award us judgment, with costs, before hoisting us onto their shoulders and parading us down the high street. But others are not excited nor are they looking to solve a puzzle. They may be apprehensive even anxious. They want above all else to stay alive. Some will take comfort in the fact that they have friends, a brotherhood (or sisterhood) that has their back and will protect them when the smelly stuff hits the fan. But there is one who walks among us that has no friends. They will be feeling the world is against them. Everyone wants them dead. Angels and Demons fear them and fear what they can become. They know they must first stay alive, but also they know they must thrive or surely their death will come soon enough. In their darker moments they will console themselves that they have a shining stone and, perhaps more importantly, knowledge. Knowledge that no one else has. Knowledge that can perhaps, if used wisely, see their powers expand. This knowledge fuels their bloodlust. They will kill to get what they want and the innocent victims won’t even see them coming. At this moment on Day 1 the innocent victim does not know there is a target on their back; a bounty on their head. They do not yet know the gallows steps are being constructed for their final footsteps. The rope is being tied and it’s length measured.

The scene is set. Let us now see the cast of characters.

Enter stage left a buffoon; a man of many names currently using the nom-de-plume ND. He has a jokey style but is short on words. He doesn’t appear to work with teammates from either faction and seems uninterested in the world around him. He does enough to obey the rules, but no more. He is instantly disliked by a number of people. Some of them are good people, Jamie, Yuuki and Bozotheclown. The jury is still out on others who tried and failed to send this fellow to his end. Chaqa, foodcoats Foxcastle and Vaporwave joined the three good men. Their motives are not yet know, but they failed in their task. They failed by the slenderest of margins. It was so close. Only a powerful stone saves ND’s neck from breaking. But who would use that stone and why?

Well that’s a good question dear reader. We can, of course, only speculate. Did ND himself conjure up the magical powers of the stone to save his skin? It’s not unlikely. He would have known that using such a power would perhaps give away the stone’s holder’s position. Sure enough there was much speculation about the stone holder once the first day had ended. Not much speculation about our anti-hero ND though. He had perhaps deflected any scrutiny by being absent from the lynch mob that saw poor bozotheclown hang from the cord.

Bozotheclown’s death, of course, can’t be blamed squarely on the wicked. Misguided townfolk like BunnyGo and Brainbomb also bear some responsibility as does the man proclaiming to be the doctor. Nephthys rdrivera2005, Kitsune, and KalelChase also lead bozotheclown to his demise for reasons we have yet to know.

So day 1 perhaps provided the tiniest glimpse of a scent of a clue that ND should be watched. He then quickly changed his disguise and re-emerged as Sulit; a self proclaimed veteran of the game.

Sulit arrival saw a change of pace and volume. A regular short poster with not much to say but interspersed with longer posts that, contrary to his earlier persona, looked like they were trying to build cases. In the whole of Day 2 he only votes for one person; the very handsome Maniac. That wasn’t unusual in and of itself, the world and his wife wanted to see the handsome man swing; but fate intervened. Charming men are often charmed and our hero, who had dodged a bullet earlier in the day, was saved by a contortion of time itself. This must have left Sulit feeling cheated. But he had some time to seek his revenge. Stubbornly he continues to rally the lynch mob on to our hero Maniac, using every asset he has avail to him, including perhaps the powerful stone that rests in his pocket. What other explanation is there for the vote on Yuuki being reduced by one?

Fortunately for town and the whole universe the cunning plan to lynch Maniac failed and for the third time the obituary writers would have to wait.

Nighttime comes and goes and Maniac is spared yet again. The wicked men (and perhaps women) who walk among us know that it is surely a matter of time before town mislynches him.

Day three still sees most people baying for the blood of a handsome man. Sulit can’t rely on them to coalesce around his target so he preaches at them with a fake case, begging them to rid him of his tormentor. He is not doing this to benefit the town of course, He merely wants to get his sweaty hands on the stone that Gamora/Maniac doesn’t even know for sure he is carrying. With it he will unleash a firestorm that will make Town cower. Town is already in a hole. Helping Sulit murder Gamora/Maniac will be digging that hole deeper and wider. Deep and wide enough for all our graves.

This story is, of course, ongoing. It has not ended. We do not know if there will be a twist. Everyone will write their own script and everyone will play their own part. I’m not afraid of death. If I don’t see the end of the book and die a glorious hero, then so be it. But I want to see how this chapter ends. I want to see my pursuer fail. I need the satisfaction of knowing my stone will not fall into enemy hands. We, as a town, must come together and defy the overwhelming power of the power stone and lynch Sulit. I will happily then tie the rope around my own neck as long as only confirmed town can be close to the gallows so that they can catch the stone as it falls from my lifeless hand. With it we can then perhaps stem the rising tide of town deaths and hit back at the wicked team that haunt our town.

I beseech you all to follow my lead and ##vote Sulit.
Oh yes. A big post basically saying “im Gamora!!!”

Can’t believe I ever thought you were scum gosh...

sulit

#4616 Post by sulit » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:33 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:30 pm

My gut says Maniac is just trying to cause confusion or bait the Mind Stone or something. I'm really hoping I didn't fuck up and give it to scum though.

##Vote Neph
Assuming this is on the basis of their Bunny lynch, then I could go either way. It seems really ballsy to do as scum, does Neph usually do stuff like this?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4617 Post by Chaqa » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:35 pm

sulit wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:33 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:30 pm

##Vote Neph
Assuming this is on the basis of their Bunny lynch, then I could go either way. It seems really ballsy to do as scum, does Neph usually do stuff like this?
I don't know his meta super well. This is more for how he acted to the Vapor wagon, but... I did kinda rush that one.

Ugh.
Blegh.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4618 Post by KalelChase » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:40 pm

Weekend is starting... wont post much.

Not voting until I see what others are doing and why...

@EP, are you going to respond to Maniac? At least to explain your thoughts around claiming (and claiming blocked)?

sulit

#4619 Post by sulit » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:59 pm

Maniac wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:58 pm
Here is the latest chapter of my story. I'm going to call this episode....

"The one where Maniac claims to be the Doctor"

Again it's a long story so I suggest you get yourself a cup of tea, settle down and prepare to have your opinions of me turned upside down and on their head.

This chapter starts right at the very start. Right back on Page 1, i notice this from Foxcastle. It's his first comment.
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:15 pm
Isn't funny how a little typo like "thy" for "my" can totally negate the grandiosity of a statement?
Grandiosity can mean someone who thinks they are better than everyone else. Is Fox crumbing that he is a PR? Seemed a bit obtuse, but worth keeping an eye on him. Then, still on day 1 he says...
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:04 pm

I didn't scumread you for you being a lurker. I called you a lurker at a time when you were, in fact, lurking. Interesting that you're getting all defensive about it. Perhaps the lady doth protest too much.

Also, I didn't vote you for being a lurker. I voted you for doing sketchy stuff I didn't like (your macro reads list, e.g.). PERHAPS SHE DOTH.
So he is emphasising a Shakespeare quote here, It's from Hamlet and is spoken by Queen Gertrude. Again is he saying he is above the hoi-polloi? Is he saying he has a stone; as in jewels? I googled Gertrude Spider and there is a child's book with that name, Was he crumbing being Black Widow spider? Whilst all this could be me reading too much into things, I decided to protect Foxcastle night one. I crumb who I'm going to watch N1 and also squeeze in a little 'DR' crumb in my EON reads.
Maniac wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:58 pm

Foxcastle – he is off my radar, I’ll have to watch him

TL;DR
Then off course we have the D2 debacle. First I escape the bullet with my name on it and then we're about to lynch Espresso and he claims Doctor...
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:54 pm
I'm the doctor. I targeted Jamie for healing last night bcz he was softing vig.

I was hoping my wagon would dissipate again and I wouldn't have to claim, but it's not looking so hot. I'm hoping 1hr is enough for people to vet the claim.

I didn't crumb.
Even though I've emphasised it already, it's worth repeating Espresso didn't crumb.

Now, I'm in a bind. D2 and I'm under pressure to CC. I don't think that's a good idea. Espresso could be scum trying to save his ass, but he could also be a VT trying to save his ass and draw a Roleblock and/or NK.

I decide not to CC. But I do still vote for him.
Maniac wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:08 pm
I just don’t believe Espresso claim. Any doctor should know how critical they are to Town. We have cleared towns to protect and mafia have a RB. Giving themselves up an hour before lynch is very poor doctor play. Also I think Kalal has Town slipped. Think espresso has just picked someone who could be lynched.

Should go without saying but please no one CC. This is just desperate scum trying to stay alive one more day and waste our d3 vision on him.

##vote espresso
My wagon then takes off. I could claim but that would mean I'm useless for the rest of the game or I could just accept my fate knowing that we then have to lynch Espresso the following day. As luck would have it I'm saved by the time stone. I count my blessing and keep my head down. I still didn't know if espresso is scum or a helpful VT, so I keep quiet.

So N2 I don't say much apart from
Maniac wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:59 am
Whilst I'm unlikely to die because I'm still scum read for some bizarre reasons, I thought I'd make a few comments.

My reads

Town

jamie
xorxes

Scum
could be anyone else. I really don't have a clue anymore

We.Ll see what the night brings to Us. Could bE a surprise or 423
The caps spell out LUCE 423, I didn't want to make it LUKE 4.23 as that would be too obvious. I was hoping Jamie and Xorxes, two veterans would remember my first game where I used this crumb. Luke 4.23 is a bible verse that says 'Physician, heal yourself!'

D3 and I query Espresso's claim again..
Maniac wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:08 am

Never ask a doctor, even a fake one, who they were on. It gives info to scum.
And call out what could have been a BS RB claim.
Maniac wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:09 am
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:05 am

I was roleblocked.
Of course you were cough bullshit cough, cough
Espresso doesn't really react to me, and I'm still torn on his motive. I decide to stay hidden. I also think if Espresso is scum, then scum will know I'm the real doc because of my comments and they won't want me dead as that then leaves their man to face the music. I keep a close eye on who is scum reading and pushing on me. They are more likely town. Those town reading me or nulling me are more likely scum. All that depends on Espresso's alignment, of course. Which we still don't know.

N3 and my only comment was about Dargo I say...
Maniac wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:34 pm
@Dargo - you're normally a much better player than this.
I didn't think dargo would be caught with the stone and i didn't think scum would think he still had it either so i didn't attempt to save him.

D4 comes and goes. I can't influence the lynch one way or another without claiming and that would mean I could save anyone N4.

I'm now hoping I've guessed right.

You will all, no doubt, have questions. Happy to answer them all.

I'm sure you'll want to know why am I claiming now. Well that should be obvious. We can't afford another slip up and you all seem intent in sending me to the gallows and even hammering. That would be a mistake.

I still don't know about espresso. I've obv been reading him closely and I just don't know.

I'll let whoever is holding the vision stone decide what to do. Scan me, scan Espresso, wait to hear about espresso and if he is unconvicing don't waste a scan on him and lynch him anyway. Idk. Sure others will chip in with advice on who to vision.

Peace out.

PS: Bet you're all surprised!

PPS: All that rubbish about me being Gamora and sulit being the SK was obviously me trying to buy myself another day. i don't have a scooby who the SK is.
I am going to call bullshit on this.
Maniac is still my number one scum read.

Now, you may be wondering now,
but sulit! He claimed doctor!
Exactly my friends, exactly!

At this point, the game is as 4v1v5.
Scum are going to be trying really hard to
a) locate the SK, if they have not already
b) Mislynch us

What may the scum team do now?!
Well I’m glad you asked.
I suspect that Maniac is trying to pull a fast lynch on EP.

He gets another mislynch, and scum gets yet another night to hunt SK.
If he successfully gets EP it becomes 4v1v4
Night kill is 4v1v3.
Scum have reached parity then.

I rest my case.

Also, for those arguing that he crumbed, check his joke cc on Jamie. He made a fake crumb there as well, “I’m a shot player!” Again, Maniac is good enough to leave fake crumbs.

Also, I took a look at the Neph thing.

I read through it, and I do agree him on Vapor seems blegh. He hopped on the end wagon thing without really asking you about the plan or saying much about Vapor beforehand. I could be convinced towards this but ehH idk him doing the thing with bunny seems really risky

Could someone who knows Neph and has played with them more let me know if this is a Neph thing to do?

sulit

#4620 Post by sulit » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:05 pm

Ooh wait I have a spicy theory