MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BunnyGo

Re: MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1041 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:50 pm

I disappear to the bathroom at work and find this. God damn it. Ok. Back again in 4 hours.

damo666

#1042 Post by damo666 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:51 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:50 pm
I disappear to the bathroom at work and find this. God damn it. Ok. Back again in 4 hours.
Ashamed?

foodcoats

#1043 Post by foodcoats » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:57 pm

That was a very strong reaction. GG worcej, sorry to see you go.

xorxes

#1044 Post by xorxes » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:57 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:45 pm

I could be biased because I also scumread Expresso and Kalel at some extent.
So we have a xorxes-EP-Kalel team. EP and Kalel vote for each other making themselves the two leading wagons or close (I don't remember if anyone else was at three at the time). The third scum, me, pooints out that they are unliklely to be scum together because they are making each other's wagons viable. I also vote for one of them, to make it more interesting. Yes, it makes perfect sense.
I have a question for you? Didn't you remember Maniac from old games? Was him a analytic and logic player?
The only vague recolection I have is a game in which brain and I were town and Maniac was scum and we ended up catching him even though initially we were townreading him. I don't remember in detail about his style, no. Are you saying he just makes stuff up as town?
And I don't fully understand what you mean with disingenuous. Don't you think people can think differently from you? Are you really so full of yourself?
I respect you too much to think you can believe that Maniac really believes his case on me.

damo666

#1045 Post by damo666 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:58 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:57 pm
What was? By whom? Or are you talking about the vig shot itself?

foodcoats

#1046 Post by foodcoats » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:00 pm

Two things I noticed while I was lurking today:

-I liked Maniac's attack on xorxes. I think it is wrong but I think it is very likely from a town perspective. I have gone full tinfoil platemail on xorxes on several occasions and I can understand how xorx's playstyle can draw suspicion. That said, I don't like that Maniac hasn't really done anything since then. Maniac, we need more of that.
-Jamie seemed to have drawn off and I was starting to think scum!Jamie was sated with the wagons. But Jamie leaping back in to drum up an ND wagon when there were several other possibilities seems townish. I think scum!Jamie could've driven an existing wagon harder if the lead wagon was a scumbuddy, whereas starting a wholly new, effectively policy wagon seems town.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1047 Post by KalelChase » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:01 pm

Well at least I know I wasn't Spiderman now. That's a clue I can count on.

No idea who's scum, but getting a better idea of who I think I can trust. I'll post my scum guesses when the trust list gets longer.

xorxes

#1048 Post by xorxes » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:05 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:00 pm

-I liked Maniac's attack on xorxes. I think it is wrong but I think it is very likely from a town perspective. I have gone full tinfoil platemail on xorxes on several occasions and I can understand how xorx's playstyle can draw suspicion. That said, I don't like that Maniac hasn't really done anything since then. Maniac, we need more of that.
You have to have a very low opinion of Maniac to think that he really believes in what he was trying to sell.

e.m.c^42

#1049 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:06 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:47 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
What has worcej even done? Just his "who would you nk" test, so guess it was that...
Oh einstein you screwed up didn't you?
oh shush you

I agree with xorxes point, let's not speculate unless there's claim or after night phase is over.

foodcoats

#1050 Post by foodcoats » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:07 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:58 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:57 pm
What was? By whom? Or are you talking about the vig shot itself?
Yes, it was just a bad joke. :cry:

I actually read worcej's explanation of their reaction test today and fistpumped. I have never seen worcej looking so town. I literally thought of a whole story in my head. I couldn't write it at the time but it went something like:

FOODCOATS: Sit down, children. Let me tell you a story. A story about a fantastic creature I once came across...

CHILD 1: Yes, grampycoats! Tell us! Tell us!

CHILD 2: What is it, grampycoats? What kind of a creature?

FOODCOATS: Well, children, one day I was minding my own business, playing a game of mafia like I always did in those heady days of youth, when I saw a right honest to god town!worcej!

CHILD 1: No, grampycoats! It's not true!

CHILD 2: You're lying!

CHILD 1: worcej's are always grumpy, sour, and dissatisfied with the analytical capabilities of the rest of town, grampycoats! You couldn't have seen a right honest to god town!worcej!

FOODCOATS: And would you believe it was D1, children?

*sound of children groaning and gammycoats clucking her tongue*

The story didn't have a conclusion, or a middle I guess, but that's how it began.

e.m.c^42

#1051 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:07 pm

+1

foodcoats

#1052 Post by foodcoats » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:10 pm

Kitsune wrote:
yuuki wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:40 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:39 pm

So, I am not the only incompetent Day 1 Vig around. Worcej with one hour to go is a terrible choice.
Anyone on D1 is a horrible choice. At least vig didn't hit a PR
If we’re not clear on why the vigilante shot worcej when he did, is it possible it was a (clumsy) attempt to redirect the vote?

It does put Bozo ahead of Foxcastle, which I suppose could be a motive if the cog was convinced the wrong person was about to die?
worcej was shot because the vig thought they were scum or the serial killer.

e.m.c^42

#1053 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:10 pm

foodcoats wrote:

-Jamie seemed to have drawn off and I was starting to think scum!Jamie was sated with the wagons. But Jamie leaping back in to drum up an ND wagon when there were several other possibilities seems townish. I think scum!Jamie could've driven an existing wagon harder if the lead wagon was a scumbuddy, whereas starting a wholly new, effectively policy wagon seems town.
What else about Jamie did he do that made you lean scum on him at one point before deciding on townlean now? Don't think I read any posts before this mentioning that, so

foodcoats

#1054 Post by foodcoats » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:11 pm

(I am assuming the vig is rational.)

foodcoats

#1055 Post by foodcoats » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:12 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:10 pm
foodcoats wrote:

What else about Jamie did he do that made you lean scum on him at one point before deciding on townlean now? Don't think I read any posts before this mentioning that, so
I was townreading him, but over the course of the day I was like... Jamie has lost hubris. Jamie is not fighting worcej maniacally. Why is Jamie so sedate. So I began to wonder if I'd misread Jamie. But the attack on ND makes me happy to solidify my townread.

foodcoats

#1056 Post by foodcoats » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:15 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:05 pm
foodcoats wrote:

You have to have a very low opinion of Maniac to think that he really believes in what he was trying to sell.
I mean, his argument against you looked very similar to arguments I have advanced against you in TvT situations. It was a pretty thorough ISO and I understand exactly why someone would conclude as Maniac did, because I have in the past.

I'm not giving it too many townie points until I see more activity out of Maniac that is similarly thoughtful.

foodcoats

#1057 Post by foodcoats » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:20 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:33 pm
If Maniac gets to be killed by a meteorite and flips scum, remember this resistance to his wagon
Maniac is a minor wagon right now... It's interesting that you're casting aspersion at town about this. This makes me think that if Maniac is scum, you are also scum - or vice versa. I don't see any reason to make this comment as town in this situation, especially as I don't think you've even advanced a real argument of your own against Maniac.

xorxes

#1058 Post by xorxes » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:20 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:15 pm
xorxes wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:05 pm
foodcoats wrote:

I mean, his argument against you looked very similar to arguments I have advanced against you in TvT situations. It was a pretty thorough ISO and I understand exactly why someone would conclude as Maniac did, because I have in the past.

I'm not giving it too many townie points until I see more activity out of Maniac that is similarly thoughtful.
Collecting all my quotes and putting a twist to them is not what I'm referring to. I mean the backbone of his argument, the thing about BG. He can't possibly believe that I was trying to make him scumread BG more than he supposedly already was.

And the fact that his only scumreads now are xorxes-EP-Kalel all based on what only I have done is just the cherry on top.

e.m.c^42

#1059 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:21 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:12 pm
I was townreading him, but over the course of the day I was like... Jamie has lost hubris. Jamie is not fighting worcej maniacally. Why is Jamie so sedate. So I began to wonder if I'd misread Jamie. But the attack on ND makes me happy to solidify my townread.
Hmm, actually feel his meta has somewhat shifted since you've last played with him, everyone in general has gotten less violently vitriolic haha - there's a reason we've been regulated by mods to hidden threads, compared to before. but sedate in terms of questioning and the conclusion reached I do agree with

e.m.c^42

#1060 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:23 pm

I see Maniac online :D

##vote maniac

I stick with my previous points for now, as no-one has said anything to the contrary.