MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1041 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:53 am

yuuki wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:04 am
Nephthys wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:02 pm
Jamie looks good from it though, I reckon its more towny that he would push it as hard as he did as scum.
This is just dumb logic. Can't give a free pass to Jamie after that shit he pulled.
What shit did I pull?
TrPrado was lying about me and using his lies to try to get me lynched.
What would you do, lie back and say "Oh yes, please mislynch me" ?

Jamiet99uk

#1042 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:55 am

ItsHosuke wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:28 am
Ok, I'm online, and that was weird. What have I done to deserve this?
How come you disappeared for so much of the second half of the day? You were one of the top wagons for much of the day, and at times the lead wagon. Why didn't you show up and try to defend yourself?

Vecna

#1043 Post by Vecna » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:56 am

ItsHosuke wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:51 am
I can only say after the EoD1 shenanigans, Temy and Jamie don't appear really good. While yuuki and Ike have now joined Cara and rdr in my group of strong townleans.
How does Temy not look very good? Hes probably the main reason you survived that lynch by removing you as the real alternative lynch.

Why does that make him look bad in your eyes if you are town? This makes no sense.

Jamiet99uk

#1044 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:56 am

yuuki wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:07 am
Nephthys wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:18 pm
Current POE

Carambola
Chaqa
Damo
DemRHK
e.m.c
Hosuke
Jamie
Percy
RagingIke
Temasek
Vaporwave
Vecna
xorxes
yuuki
POE -> Pillars of Eternity? Path of Exile?
Process
Of
Elimination

Jamiet99uk

#1045 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:59 am

Good morning, Vekna

Vecna

#1046 Post by Vecna » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:59 am

If I had the inclination, this would probably be the perfect moment to re-analyze if Hosuku + temasek could be a thing for a scum duo.

Scumreading eachother for really bad reasons, then when the wagon might actually be lynched he removes his vote. THen Hosutu comes in and complains about that and says it makes him look bad?

So weird. It smells. Almost like they were told to start bussing eachother early.

Independantly of these actions I still think the sucking up to me is mildly town indicative, but that IS actually potentially coachable by people that know im a sucker for that sort of thing.

Vecna

#1047 Post by Vecna » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:59 am

hey jamiet

damo666

#1048 Post by damo666 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:14 am

Useless. I will be more engaged in a few hours. This looks a shambles.

yuuki

#1049 Post by yuuki » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:31 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:53 am
yuuki wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:04 am
Nephthys wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:02 pm
Jamie looks good from it though, I reckon its more towny that he would push it as hard as he did as scum.
This is just dumb logic. Can't give a free pass to Jamie after that shit he pulled.
What shit did I pull?
TrPrado was lying about me and using his lies to try to get me lynched.
What would you do, lie back and say "Oh yes, please mislynch me" ?
Your entire first day consisted of three things:

1) Talking about xorxes claim...repeatedly
2) Pushing me
3) Driving the Prado wagon.

So, either you are scum or you are the worst mafia player I have ever encountered. oddly enough I don't think you are a bad player. Therefore, scum.

yuuki

#1050 Post by yuuki » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:32 am

Vecna wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:59 am
If I had the inclination, this would probably be the perfect moment to re-analyze if Hosuku + temasek could be a thing for a scum duo.

Scumreading eachother for really bad reasons, then when the wagon might actually be lynched he removes his vote. THen Hosutu comes in and complains about that and says it makes him look bad?

So weird. It smells. Almost like they were told to start bussing eachother early.

Independantly of these actions I still think the sucking up to me is mildly town indicative, but that IS actually potentially coachable by people that know im a sucker for that sort of thing.
Are you seriously saying buddying up is a town indicative thing?

yuuki

#1051 Post by yuuki » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:34 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:56 am
yuuki wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:07 am
Nephthys wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:18 pm
Current POE

Carambola
Chaqa
Damo
DemRHK
e.m.c
Hosuke
Jamie
Percy
RagingIke
Temasek
Vaporwave
Vecna
xorxes
yuuki
POE -> Pillars of Eternity? Path of Exile?
Process
Of
Elimination
That was one useless post by Nephthys is what I am saying

Vecna

#1052 Post by Vecna » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:46 am

yuuki wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:32 am
Vecna wrote:

Being this blatant about it, and not giving a shit what anyone thinks about it? Yes, in most of the cases, absolutely.

Whats the benefit in doing that as scum? It just draws the type of attention u dont want.

Jamiet99uk

#1053 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:57 am

@Yuuki

2) Pushing me
3) Driving the Prado wagon
What is scummy about any of those things?

1. Xorxes claimed a NON TOWN role and some people really wanted to avoid talking about it. I found that interesting and also weird.

2. I think you're scum, of course I'll push you. It's wrong to push your scumreads, Is it??

3. TrPrado also appeared scum. He was lying and being shit and his "reaction test" was a hot pile of steaming turds. Sure I was wrong, but let me remind you, AS TOWN I HAVE INCOMPLETE INFORMATION.

How does ANY of this make me scum?

yuuki

#1054 Post by yuuki » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:01 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:21 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:14 pm
With regards to the Wagon

Xorx - Votes with 23hrs left so him having no content
Food - 2:47 left, posting garbage and unjustified scum reads
Tem - 30 mins left, Other wagon is town
Jamie - 41 mins left, mentioned above
EMC - 14 mins so his reaction to being a wagon and the wideposting

Scummy reasons - Xorx/Jamie
Town - Food/Tem/EMC
Jamie was OMGUssing and he was also a wagon so he was at least in part voting in self-defence. I don't see how that is scummy. Tem's reason is towny only if the other wagons really were town, which we don't know. I'm not sure I follow why you think emc's reason was particularly towny, but I don't think it was particularly scummy either.
This is one crappy post. First of all, voting in self defense is a very scummy behavior. There are specific situations in which it can be done to save your own ass and as a townie it would make sense, but this was not even close to one of those situations. Specially since Jamie was not a competing wagon, but rather a lesser wagon that never garnered much interest. Plus, his arguably favorite wagon (me) had more votes than Prado at the time he started pushing for Prado death.

yuuki

#1055 Post by yuuki » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:06 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:57 am
@Yuuki

2) Pushing me

1. Xorxes claimed a NON TOWN role and some people really wanted to avoid talking about it. I found that interesting and also weird.

2. I think you're scum, of course I'll push you. It's wrong to push your scumreads, Is it??

3. TrPrado also appeared scum. He was lying and being shit and his "reaction test" was a hot pile of steaming turds. Sure I was wrong, but let me remind you, AS TOWN I HAVE INCOMPLETE INFORMATION.

1) A non-town role is not the same as an anti-town role. Claiming survivor could also be a way to make sure mafia don't try to NK him which could be a townie thing to do. Either way, it is something that just doesn't matter. Whether xorxes is survivor or not is not relevant at this stage of the game. You focusing so much on this is quite frankly VERY scummy.
2) It's wrong to create a new wagon that ends up flipping as town when your top scum read is one of the top two wagons. Again, VERY scummy.
3) Let me remind you, as SCUM you have COMPLETE information. TrPrado is probably an experienced player and you saw an opportunity to take out a (good?) experienced player over a noob (on the site at least) like me. You knew full well what you were doing. Again, VERY scummy.

yuuki

#1056 Post by yuuki » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:09 am

Scum team update:

Jamie: explained it many times
xorxes: trying to play down Jamie's scumminess. Possible that his claim was agreed on the day scum chat to give Jamie the chance to divert conversation away from scum hunting into survivor BS.
temasek: shady as hell
damo/percy/any other lurker
carambola: not trying to scum hunt at all. Playing the clueless noob card.

This game is easy. I don't know why we townies lose so often.

yuuki

#1057 Post by yuuki » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:13 am

yuuki wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:09 am
Scum team update:

Jamie: explained it many times
xorxes: trying to play down Jamie's scumminess. Possible that his claim was agreed on the day scum chat to give Jamie the chance to divert conversation away from scum hunting into survivor BS.
temasek: shady as hell
damo/percy/any other lurker
carambola: not trying to scum hunt at all. Playing the clueless noob card.

This game is easy. I don't know why we townies lose so often.
I'm probably wrong about at least one of these. Chaqa is the man to replace whomever I'm misreading.

yuuki

#1058 Post by yuuki » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:17 am

Vecna wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:46 am
yuuki wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:32 am
Vecna wrote:

Being this blatant about it, and not giving a shit what anyone thinks about it? Yes, in most of the cases, absolutely.

Whats the benefit in doing that as scum? It just draws the type of attention u dont want.
The benefit of doing it as scum is that you are garnering goodwill from the clueless townie you are buddyin up to, who will in turn start townreading you leading other townies to also think you are town. Also, very rarely does someone get lynched for buddying up despite a few people pointing out how scummy that is. Usually precisely because of that positive influence that has been spread around the town, and by silencing at night the mouths that point it out as scummy.

There is absolutely no benefit to doing it as town. It is an inherently scummy behavior.

Jamiet99uk

#1059 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:44 am

yuuki wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:01 am

Specially since Jamie was not a competing wagon, but rather a lesser wagon that never garnered much interest.
This statement is false.

At one point in the final couple of hours, I was the joint-leading wagon with 4 votes.

Jamiet99uk

#1060 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:45 am

yuuki wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:06 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:57 am
@Yuuki

2) Pushing me

1) A non-town role is not the same as an anti-town role. Claiming survivor could also be a way to make sure mafia don't try to NK him which could be a townie thing to do. Either way, it is something that just doesn't matter. Whether xorxes is survivor or not is not relevant at this stage of the game. You focusing so much on this is quite frankly VERY scummy.
2) It's wrong to create a new wagon that ends up flipping as town when your top scum read is one of the top two wagons. Again, VERY scummy.
3) Let me remind you, as SCUM you have COMPLETE information. TrPrado is probably an experienced player and you saw an opportunity to take out a (good?) experienced player over a noob (on the site at least) like me. You knew full well what you were doing. Again, VERY scummy.
Your response to (3) starts from an assumption that I am scum, and then works backwards to justify that assumption.