MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
foodcoats

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1101 Post by foodcoats » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:11 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:21 pm
I feel like Day 1 was more useless than usual this game. Like, the primary discussions were all about random crap instead of anything tangible. Admittedly there wasn’t a lot to discuss, but we could have spent some time arguing the merits of any gladiator contests, xorxes claim, or big strategy stuff, and instead we got day 1 as it happened.
I would like to do a bozo tomorrow and have everyone pick their top 5 scum. Last game I believe 4/5 of us were caught this way, but town was too stupid to follow through on it.

There's going to be 13 town remaining, presumably, tomorrow, and collective wisdom may be a way to build the right portrait of who is scummiest.

yuuki

#1102 Post by yuuki » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:11 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:55 pm
yuuki wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:51 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:29 pm

Yeah I saw that which is why I was wondering. It wasn't mentioned in the setup though.
I would argue that whoever was jailed this night is a townclear. Scum would not have known this beforehand so they wouldn't have targeted one of their own.
You could be on to something there.

Oh, I had a thought.

##CALL GM: I assume town's Roleblocker cannot Roleblock the Jailor because the Jailor's action is processed at EoD, is that correct?
I thought you were ignoring my posts

foodcoats

#1103 Post by foodcoats » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:16 pm

yuuki wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:12 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:06 pm
Maybe I'm just lazy, but could someone summarize why Prado was even being voted for? All I remember him doing was posting lots of dots one time.
Ask Jamie and xorxes
I think I drove this wagon, maybe I'm biased towards my own experience but I spazzed on Prado hard. Jamie just jumped on the wagon I was shouting about and then had a flame war with Prado. And xorxes just parked on Prado and never returned.

It's interesting that multiple people are claiming Jamie did the wagon. yuuki is tunneled on Jamie hard, which is also interesting. I'm sort of vacillating on yuuki now. Despite getting a scumlean on Vecna now, I agree with Vecna's point that yuuki vs. Jamie is probably TvT.

I didn't like the way Temasek got on the Prado wagon, it was very sheepy. It's hard to read emc... emc built a good story before getting on Prado. NAI, I guess.

Also also interesting, is that RagingIke was shortly on that wagon (along with... a million other short-lived votes), but then ended up voting No Lynch. This is a scum point for Ike I think.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1104 Post by Chaqa » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:18 pm

I would agree that whoever is Jailed will likely be a town clear, but assuming such is a bit risky. The mafia could hold the jail for a night and set one of themselves up to have been "jailed" to appear cleared. So, we are provided with two scenarios:

Scenario 1: the Jail is being used to clear a mafia member. In this scenario, either Rivera or Vapor (whichever doesn't end up posting all night) is scum.

Scenario 2: Jail is being used for real. In this situation, either Vapor or Rivera is a clear. I think the fact that those two are the possible Jail target is enlightening. I have some solid analysis about why this is important and how it may help us catch a scum, but I don't want to influence the mafia's NK decision somehow based on my theory, so I'll hold it until 5:59.

yuuki

#1105 Post by yuuki » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:22 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:18 pm
I would agree that whoever is Jailed will likely be a town clear, but assuming such is a bit risky. The mafia could hold the jail for a night and set one of themselves up to have been "jailed" to appear cleared. So, we are provided with two scenarios:

Scenario 1: the Jail is being used to clear a mafia member. In this scenario, either Rivera or Vapor (whichever doesn't end up posting all night) is scum.

Scenario 2: Jail is being used for real. In this situation, either Vapor or Rivera is a clear. I think the fact that those two are the possible Jail target is enlightening. I have some solid analysis about why this is important and how it may help us catch a scum, but I don't want to influence the mafia's NK decision somehow based on my theory, so I'll hold it until 5:59.
Occam's Razor says scenario 2 is the winner

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1106 Post by Chaqa » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:23 pm

Yeah, but Chaqa's Razor says that scum should always do the unexpected.

yuuki

#1107 Post by yuuki » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:39 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:23 pm
And how would scum know to target themselves without knowing that they would be unable to post during nighttime?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1108 Post by Chaqa » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:41 pm

yuuki wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:39 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:23 pm
And how would scum know to target themselves without knowing that they would be unable to post during nighttime?
Huh. I think that's a legit townslip.

yuuki

#1109 Post by yuuki » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:23 pm

Updated Reads:

Carambola: 70% scum. Not really trying to help even. Most of his posts have been about being overwhelmed and not knowing what to do.
Chaqa: 50% scum.
Damo: 50% scum. Lurky lurker. Pretty useless so far too.
DemRHK: Null read. Can't remember much other than him voting for people I was townreading. Doesn't mean much though as I could be wrong.
e.m.c: Prado vote doesn't make him look good. Neither does his lurking. 45% scum.
foodcoats: 80% town. Trying to get credit for driving the Prado wagon seems townie to me.
Hosuke: Hard to read with how little he has done. If Jamie is scum, then Hosuke is more likely to be scum, but wouldn't lynch at this point. Null read.
Jamie: scummy scum. Been getting a more townish vibe now that he has been humbled by his error on Prado. Seems to adapt his behavior whenever he is called out so this looks to me like one more stripe to the tiger.
Nephthys: Null. My early townread is now gone due to his crappy post-lynch votes.
Percy: my favorite lurker so far. I'm sure at least two lurkers are town just being shitty townies. Percy is probably one. 60% town.
RagingIke: dude is town. 70% town. He seems to be legitimately clueless.
rdrivera: Likely town. Either he or Vapor are confirmed town as far as I am concerned. If neither posts tonight then one of them is scum. But until then 90% town.
Temasek: scum. Just look at EoD1. So scummy.
TrPrado: RIP
Vaporwave: 95% town. Same as rd. I lean Vapor more town than rd based on gameplay though.
Vecna: 60% town. If he is scum then he has me fooled.
worcej: I keep confusing him with xorxes and I think xorxes is scum so I keep thinking he is scum. But I'll just go with null. Need to reread him.
xorxes: scummy scum. 75% scum. If he flips scum Chaqa and Jamie look a lot worse too.
yuuki: towniest townie ever. https://media.giphy.com/media/WnDwqhjNfckco/giphy.gif

e.m.c^42

#1110 Post by e.m.c^42 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:24 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:26 pm
Also, anyone want to possibly discuss why scum chose either rdr or vapor for the jail?
Don't recall if Vapor had it on before, but both of them also have the anon browsing option on lol, so we won't know if they're just inactive, scum faking it, or actually jailed.

e.m.c^42

#1111 Post by e.m.c^42 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:30 pm

yuuki wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:23 pm
[snip]
foodcoats: 80% town. Trying to get credit for driving the Prado wagon seems townie to me.
[snip]
Just reading through your post and got to this point, am wondering about your reasoning behind giving food townlean for taking credit? As in, I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting or just having different opinion lol

e.m.c^42

#1112 Post by e.m.c^42 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:34 pm

To elaborate, I'd townlean him for other reasons (such as being active differently from last game, not being anal retentive over small details/excuses), why that one? (which imo feels a bit NAI, as scum or town you'd want to apologize responsibility for mislynches if you've been loud about it)

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1113 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:38 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:26 pm
Also, anyone want to possibly discuss why scum chose either rdr or vapor for the jail?
I wasn't Jailed, just having another really busy day at work.
I started doing an EOD and vote analysis last night, but didn't have time to finish, will try to finish now on my lunch time.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1114 Post by DemonRHK » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:41 pm

I know I'm not supposed to out-game the GMs

But the way that note came in makes me believe that there was an error and one of our one posters may be jailed as well.

A jailed target is NEVER clear. It's just as likely the jail could have been holstered or used on a mafia member. Remember they had 48 hours to discuss and plan and call GMs.

Jamie hard drove the TrP lynch but (somewhat unfortunately) I'm still relatively sure Jamie is town and that lynch was driven hard by Jamie's ego at someone interpreting posts of his "incorrectly.

Also, I'm going to have a second look at Ike.

yuuki

#1115 Post by yuuki » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:46 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:30 pm
yuuki wrote:
[snip]
[snip]
Just reading through your post and got to this point, am wondering about your reasoning behind giving food townlean for taking credit? As in, I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting or just having different opinion lol
Scum tends to try and play down their role in a mislynch/apologise etc. This is not what food's post reads like. It's almost as if he is upset that others are getting more credit than he is for driving the mislynch.

yuuki

#1116 Post by yuuki » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:47 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:41 pm
I know I'm not supposed to out-game the GMs

But the way that note came in makes me believe that there was an error and one of our one posters may be jailed as well.

A jailed target is NEVER clear. It's just as likely the jail could have been holstered or used on a mafia member. Remember they had 48 hours to discuss and plan and call GMs.

Jamie hard drove the TrP lynch but (somewhat unfortunately) I'm still relatively sure Jamie is town and that lynch was driven hard by Jamie's ego at someone interpreting posts of his "incorrectly.

Also, I'm going to have a second look at Ike.
Are you scum?

As far as I'm concerned Vaporwave is 99% towncleared right now.

Jamiet99uk

#1117 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:06 pm

Yeah either Vapor is jailed, or they didn't jail anyone, surely. Implying the GM made a serious error is not helpful, RHK.

Carambola

#1118 Post by Carambola » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:07 pm

yuuki wrote:
Updated Reads:

Carambola: 70% scum. Not really trying to help even. Most of his posts have been about being overwhelmed and not knowing what to do.
Chaqa: 50% scum.
Damo: 50% scum. Lurky lurker. Pretty useless so far too.
DemRHK: Null read. Can't remember much other than him voting for people I was townreading. Doesn't mean much though as I could be wrong.
e.m.c: Prado vote doesn't make him look good. Neither does his lurking. 45% scum.
Hosuke: Hard to read with how little he has done. If Jamie is scum, then Hosuke is more likely to be scum, but wouldn't lynch at this point. Null read.
Jamie: scummy scum. Been getting a more townish vibe now that he has been humbled by his error on Prado. Seems to adapt his behavior whenever he is called out so this looks to me like one more stripe to the tiger.
Nephthys: Null. My early townread is now gone due to his crappy post-lynch votes.
Percy: my favorite lurker so far. I'm sure at least two lurkers are town just being shitty townies. Percy is probably one. 60% town.
RagingIke: dude is town. 70% town. He seems to be legitimately clueless.
rdrivera: Likely town. Either he or Vapor are confirmed town as far as I am concerned. If neither posts tonight then one of them is scum. But until then 90% town.
Temasek: scum. Just look at EoD1. So scummy.
TrPrado: RIP
Vaporwave: 95% town. Same as rd. I lean Vapor more town than rd based on gameplay though.
Vecna: 60% town. If he is scum then he has me fooled.
worcej: I keep confusing him with xorxes and I think xorxes is scum so I keep thinking he is scum. But I'll just go with null. Need to reread him.
xorxes: scummy scum. 75% scum. If he flips scum Chaqa and Jamie look a lot worse too.
yuuki: towniest townie ever. https://media.giphy.com/media/WnDwqhjNfckco/giphy.gif
I’m top 5? That’s an honour, sir. Thank you.

About that "not trying to help" thing, well, my help was not calling names or screaming about how scummy this or that behavior was. I felt there was no need for me to use a flamethrower when the town is already on fire.
In fact, this game is like giving each player a flamethrower and blindness, and the scum wins if the town burns down. The only way for townies to win is to be very careful about what and when to shoot.

PS: Of course I have my ideas about town and scum membership for all of us.

e.m.c^42

#1119 Post by e.m.c^42 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:20 pm

Tell us your ideas, then :D

Right or wrong, they're still helpful

Vecna

#1120 Post by Vecna » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:37 pm

Hmmm