MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#2081 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:54 pm

On re-reading Rdrivera the most interesting thing is his P.57 wall post analysing the D1 TrPrado wagon.

In that post, he theorises that ItsHosuke was saved. Now we know that ItsHosuke was scum, so this theory becomes very interesting. If ItsHosuke was saved, he reasons, then one of me (Jamiet), EMC, or Temasek are scum who lynched TrPrado to save ItsHosuke.

He is now scumreading Temasek, Xorxes, and EMC by POE.

I make Rdrivera a townlean unless he is bussing someone hard. Two of his POE people are scumreads for me and I'm null on EMC prior to re-reading him.

Vecna

#2082 Post by Vecna » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:00 pm

My numbers did not include the improved accuracy for the town roleblocker and the scum jailer. Those two will both become more accurate if we do claim as well. This makes the plan slightly worse since our RB only has 2 charges, and the jailer being quite a bit stronger since its day activated and has more impacting stuff it can hit (bodyguard).

Temasek22

#2083 Post by Temasek22 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:09 pm

Ahh, I see I'm being made scapegoat by the scum, sucks to be a newbie.

I've played lots in real life, but playing online is entirely new to me. You don't get to read the others facial expressions and all. I recall policy lynching Hosuke with my buddies every game just because he never draws town 3 games in a row, he always gets scum somehow, and this game is no exception...

Let's see this game from my perspective, town is the uninformed majority, we never know who's scum and who's not by default unless mechanically clear. The only person we can fully trust is ourselves, who of course know what we ourselves draw. Our reads change, who's doesn't?

D1

Votes ItsH as part of the sh*tposting, then unvotes for a long while (I'm really indecisive sometimes) People who got my vote include damo (as a joke, really), yuuki, Demon and of course TrPrado. I'm a follower, I don't vote for someone without a viable wagon for some reason (might have to change next time, really). I'm always one of the last few votes in a wagon, but if someone really saved ItsH, it's not me, it's @emc42

D2

A few posts up I see that you couldn't [double hashtag]vote hosuke without said vote being invalid until a recent fix in the bot and gets a link to it. I tested that out before voting for Chaqa who scumslipped a couple of times and softclaimed PR. I accidentally parked my vote on Chaqa, thinking I could be here by EoD, a mistake. I think the claim may be legit, given that we still don't have any counterclaims. I know I would vote for ItsH if I were here, that's my personality. And now I'm being blamed for not getting online during the last 37 minutes when his wagon suddenly took off. It's 5.23am in my timezone :(

Now

Look, if I really am scum, I could co-op really well with Hosuke, he's literally my roommate lmao. He could either strong townread me, or bus me till there's no tomorrow, and he did none of that while trying to drag me down with him. Tbh, I wouldn't even vote for him for a total of 15 hours, the setup is heavily pro-scum, and with day chat Hosuke and I wouldn't mess up that bad.

I'm town, although I couldn't prove it right now. If you all think you all can gain something by lynching me right now, go forward, I'm not a PR, and I do not need to survive till the end to win. I really hope we can stop a mislynch, as probs no one can say for certain I'm town other than myself. Scum won 3 in a row already, I'm desperately hope we can pull off an upset and end the streak (and give ItsH a 100% losing record) Don't regret it when the card is flipped...

Temasek22

#2084 Post by Temasek22 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:17 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:28 pm
I notice a lot of people spelling both Temasek and It'sHosuke's names wrong, in all kinds of different ways.

Idle thought: Could this be a weird scum policy to avoid being connected on re-read, because searches involving the correct spelling will not generate a return?
Haha, no way! Temasek is an old name for Singapore and is also the name for some top companies here, go google it :)

Idk about ItsHosuke though, I heard it has something to do with his elementary school, but still idk

yuuki

#2085 Post by yuuki » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:22 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:59 pm
Hosuke wagon is bad. Prado wagon is fine. Yuuki is best.
This is my favorite post by Chaqa so far

yuuki

#2086 Post by yuuki » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:30 pm

Updated reads:

Carambola: 80% scum. There's always a lurker scum. In this case it's either Percy, emc or Carambola, but I wouldn't be shocked if it's two of them. One of the three is likely the Emperor since it is a role that is best suited to laying low and garnering little pressure to work things from the sidelines.

Chaqa: Town until there is a CC. Has been very scummy otherwise but could just be very bad townplay.

Damo: after Hosuke flip I think damo is 85% town.

DemRHK: dead town. RIP. He wanted to make Percy a wagon D3 and I will honor his wishes. Too often the dead end up being forgotten and that only helps scum silence those who suspect them.

e.m.c: see Carambola.

foodcoats: dead town. RIP. He was suspecting Vecna. Either Vecna is being elaborately set up to look scummy by the mafia or he is scum.

Hosuke: dead scum. His participation in both EoD as a wagon makes for interesting reads. I believe Temasek and RagingIke look particularly bad from his scum flip.

Jamie: likely town. I was hardcore scum reading him for a long time but now I think I was wrong. He is just utterly misguided.

Nephthys: I keep going from town to scum here and I really have no idea what to make of him. There needs to be some pressure here at some point as he has pretty much coasted all game long.

Percy: see Carambola and Demon.

RagingIke: likely scum here (70% at least). Knowing Hosuke's alignment, I went back to reread Prado wagon and it was Ike who rekindled it. There is a great post by rdrivera analysing EoD1 https://webdiplomacy.net/contrib/phpBB3 ... ood#p97984 I think this post makes Ike look like scum and rivera like town.

rdrivera: 75% town. See Ike.

Temasek: 75% scum because of Hosuke banter with refusal to actually follow through on suspicions. oddly enough the banter was reduced after someone said the banter made it seem like they were both scum together.

TrPrado: dead town. RIP. The Prado wagon was clearly rekindled to save Hosuke. I was leading wagon with Hosuke with 5 votes but I had not voted for Hosuke which made Hosuke very vulnerable. It is likely that at least two or maybe even three scum were already voting for me at the time. Also very possible that the rest of the scum team was not online at EoD. This made the scum team afraid they would be unable to push my wagon over the line.

Vaporwave: stabbed town (apparently). Future RIP. he has been my strongest townread since N1 so it's a shame he has been stabbed.

Vecna: null. I want to think he is town. But something about his voting behavior is bothering me. He also has the fame of being really good from what I see so he would be very good as scum pretending to be town. I'm just wary here.

worcej: null read too. Not too sure about anything he has said really. At times I think he is very town but then I think he is very much scum. I think he is interesting to explore on D4.

xorxes: scum lean here due to park vote on Prado and failure to give legit reasons for it. Also had the early scummy Proximus claim. Has just followed it up with more scummy behavior. My only concern here is that he just looks too scummy to be scum. If he were a noob I would think he is town. Yet, it seems that he is an experienced player from what I gather, so I wonder how can he be so scummy and not be scum? Maybe he really is Proximus and is trying to side with scum? I don't know.

yuuki: towniest townie ever

yuuki

#2087 Post by yuuki » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:33 pm

Temasek22 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:09 pm
Ahh, I see I'm being made scapegoat by the scum, sucks to be a newbie.

I've played lots in real life, but playing online is entirely new to me. You don't get to read the others facial expressions and all. I recall policy lynching Hosuke with my buddies every game just because he never draws town 3 games in a row, he always gets scum somehow, and this game is no exception...

Let's see this game from my perspective, town is the uninformed majority, we never know who's scum and who's not by default unless mechanically clear. The only person we can fully trust is ourselves, who of course know what we ourselves draw. Our reads change, who's doesn't?

D1

Votes ItsH as part of the sh*tposting, then unvotes for a long while (I'm really indecisive sometimes) People who got my vote include damo (as a joke, really), yuuki, Demon and of course TrPrado. I'm a follower, I don't vote for someone without a viable wagon for some reason (might have to change next time, really). I'm always one of the last few votes in a wagon, but if someone really saved ItsH, it's not me, it's @emc42

D2

A few posts up I see that you couldn't [double hashtag]vote hosuke without said vote being invalid until a recent fix in the bot and gets a link to it. I tested that out before voting for Chaqa who scumslipped a couple of times and softclaimed PR. I accidentally parked my vote on Chaqa, thinking I could be here by EoD, a mistake. I think the claim may be legit, given that we still don't have any counterclaims. I know I would vote for ItsH if I were here, that's my personality. And now I'm being blamed for not getting online during the last 37 minutes when his wagon suddenly took off. It's 5.23am in my timezone :(

Now

Look, if I really am scum, I could co-op really well with Hosuke, he's literally my roommate lmao. He could either strong townread me, or bus me till there's no tomorrow, and he did none of that while trying to drag me down with him. Tbh, I wouldn't even vote for him for a total of 15 hours, the setup is heavily pro-scum, and with day chat Hosuke and I wouldn't mess up that bad.

I'm town, although I couldn't prove it right now. If you all think you all can gain something by lynching me right now, go forward, I'm not a PR, and I do not need to survive till the end to win. I really hope we can stop a mislynch, as probs no one can say for certain I'm town other than myself. Scum won 3 in a row already, I'm desperately hope we can pull off an upset and end the streak (and give ItsH a 100% losing record) Don't regret it when the card is flipped...
The funny thing about your post is that you both say that as town you cannot trust anyone other than yourself and that you are a follower. Can you see the irony?

yuuki

#2088 Post by yuuki » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:35 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:54 pm
On re-reading Rdrivera the most interesting thing is his P.57 wall post analysing the D1 TrPrado wagon.

In that post, he theorises that ItsHosuke was saved. Now we know that ItsHosuke was scum, so this theory becomes very interesting. If ItsHosuke was saved, he reasons, then one of me (Jamiet), EMC, or Temasek are scum who lynched TrPrado to save ItsHosuke.

I make Rdrivera a townlean unless he is bussing someone hard. Two of his POE people are scumreads for me and I'm null on EMC prior to re-reading him.
Interesting that we are finally on the same page about something. I was identifying this same post as crucial. Just took me a while to post all my reads.

yuuki

#2089 Post by yuuki » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:41 pm

yuuki wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:35 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Interesting that we are finally on the same page about something. I was identifying this same post as crucial. Just took me a while to post all my reads.
However Ike is my favorite scum candidate based on rdrivera's post. He does an amazing job of rekindling the Prado wagon and then disconnecting himself from it while guiding the blame towards Jamie and Temasek.

Vecna

#2090 Post by Vecna » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:42 pm

##vote RagingIke

Having Ike, xorxes and Tem as wagons would be kinda nice

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2091 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:49 pm

I think this interaction between Nephtys and Vecna is TxT.

I can easily see Vecna trying to blur things at EOD to get the scum team unsure about using his powers or not. I think this is more likely than Vecna trying to save Hosuke. In fact I suspect most scum will just buss Hosuke in this EOD, after being wagon on both days. Day chat isn't as powerful as the other scum PRs.
I can also easily see a town Nepthys trying to push Vecna because of his EOD and because he thinks there is no one else capable of doing this push.

I don't have the time now to do a comprehensive read list, so decided to just order my scum to town list. I confess I found this a lot harder than I expect, as almost half of the players (from Percy to Jamiet) I will just put in a big NULL position. I will try to do some ISOs in this players at my lunch time or later at night.

SCUM
Temasek22
e.m.c^42
xorxes
Percy
Carambola
Damo666/Worcej
RagingIke297
Jamiet99uk
Yuuki
Nephthys
Vecna
Chaqa
Vaporwave
Rdrivera2005
TOWN

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2092 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:52 pm

yuuki wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:41 pm
yuuki wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

However Ike is my favorite scum candidate based on rdrivera's post. He does an amazing job of rekindling the Prado wagon and then disconnecting himself from it while guiding the blame towards Jamie and Temasek.
I agree about Ike on D1, but he was key to get Hosuke wagon going on D2, do you think he will buss so hard just to get some town credit? I can see that only if one of the other wagons is a more valuable scum PR.

Vaporwave

#2093 Post by Vaporwave » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:52 pm

Updated list redux (b4 D3)

Vecna - Super town, I can't pinpoint exactly that moment when I 'found' him, but he's town. What people have disliked about Vecna this game doesn't matter. I'll eat....probably nothing if he turns out to be something else,
my Vecna read is accurate, don't ever lynch him, not even in a gladiator challenge unless his opponent is a town PR

Not doing an e.m.c ISO, he's had too many explicit statements, my stomach is not that strong, I have him as mediocre town with great potential

Rivera - D1 doesn't make him stand out much, N1 he does that TrPrado wagon analysis and it's exhausting, but his final conclusion is that if someone was saved, it was Hosuke. Partners could be Temasek, Jamie and e.m.c. D2 pushed hard for Hosuke
It's not rivera, guys. He's clean as a Brazilian beach. Find better candidates

Jamiebear - obvtown is obvious

Ragium - was mega intense D1 in all directions, but felt easily influenced, hoped on wagons based on what others wanted, there's a lot of discussion between him and various players but I saw him laughing about opening PM and finding out he's scum #419. I believe this to be truth, even though he was supposedly joking. Sometimes it's just that easy. Scumlean

PercyW - in retrospective, his D1 non-activity + catastrophic vote on RHK to defend Hosuke feel terrible, N1 is comedy night with Percy and his curiosity if Ragium read his PM. D2 however is something else, Percy townslipped at #1327, it feels natural, he's not aware of stabbing option, N2 he's honest about his fondness for Hosuke. Slight townlean, would recommend better candidates

Carambola - in-between, I can see it both ways, a lurking sexy scum but also an innocent cheeky town. It's up to him to show us a more clear direction. I will say that if he's town, remaining like this will only do us a disfavor.

Temasek - I'm not sure what to make of this, he refers to himself as 'lowly' gladiator, to me that seemed like a townslipped even tho afterwards he tries to amend his mistake, I guess his buddying of Vecna is fishy, but then not, because Caesar was irresistible to all. I'm torn, 50/50 on Temasek, I remember saying that if there's scum in Temasuke, it's Hosu rather than him, if he flips town, I won't be surprised.

worcej - there's a believable AtE moment where he moans about not getting a cool role, then worcej is standard play for this game. I'm glad he's not dramatic and I hope he's town, but again I won't be surprised if he's scum. Do with him as it seemeth good unto you

xorxes - SCUMLEAN. My main scummy bum boy, I can't fathom this concept of xorxes claiming 3p and doing jack shit with it. Not my town xorxes, he's been avoiding me like the plague and that's no bueno either. He's just 'there' in thread not making his opinions known, nitpicking on nuances, needs to be whipped asap.

damo - oh boy damo, I can buy into his disinterest, but I was never able to catch scumdamo. He's invested but I'm not sure what to make of him, his flip might prove surprising

yuuki - powerful town, yuuki made important observations thoughout this game, if you guys read one ISO this game, choose yuuki's ISO, it's that entertaining and valuable. Stood valiantly in front of Jamie and provided townie perspective across the board, when yuuki posts, it feels like a support, rather than detraction and confusion. I have a hard time finding him scum
yuuki is Town, not strong because I have no prior experiene with yuuki and maybe he's that skilled at mafia, so don't sheep me

Neph - aggressive, which to me translates town Neph. Not a single sugary moment in sight, scum Neph will try to be at least 5% more pleasant, he's got guts and interest in solving this game. Town, but not strong because he might have changed meta, Neph is a chameleon, guys, don't ever forget that

yuuki

#2094 Post by yuuki » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:03 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:52 pm
yuuki wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:41 pm
yuuki wrote:

I agree about Ike on D1, but he was key to get Hosuke wagon going on D2, do you think he will buss so hard just to get some town credit? I can see that only if one of the other wagons is a more valuable scum PR.
It is very possible that scum were protecting someone else in their team.

yuuki

#2095 Post by yuuki » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:09 pm

##Vote Ike

I think Ike xorxes and Percy should be our wagons for today

yuuki

#2096 Post by yuuki » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:14 pm

If Ike is scum, then Jamie is definitely scum. Which is weird because I should be dead by now if Jamie is scum. I think I'm going back to ##Vote Percy. This is the guy we want today.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2097 Post by Chaqa » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:27 pm

I'm completely opposed to an Ike wagon at this point.

yuuki

#2098 Post by yuuki » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:33 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:27 pm
This post makes me want to vote Ike again. I think if we always do the opposite of what Chaqa wants we should win easily.

damo666

#2099 Post by damo666 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:34 pm

## Vote raging Ike

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2100 Post by Chaqa » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:37 pm

yuuki wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:33 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:27 pm
This post makes me want to vote Ike again. I think if we always do the opposite of what Chaqa wants we should win easily.
Yuuki, you're a strange character.

Can someone explain why Ike is a better lynch than Tem today?