Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3241 Post by worcej » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:43 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:26 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:20 pm
An interesting first post Fox, needless to say I hope your game is as elevated now as it was at the end of last game. Now it won't be too little, too late.
Interesting response that's very different from M46 post-game where Worcej expressed sympathy and commiseration at my mistake in LyLo... His very early day 1 tone is a weird mix of cynical and enthusiastic.

There's a lot of D1 noise from Worcej. :neutral:
worcej wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:50 pm
wait? Why was Mike already subbed? Seems a little rushed...
Seems a little like you're implying-without-saying that Mike must have been replaced early because he was a scum or N1 PR... Trying to create suspicion of Jamiet? Or trying to alert scummates to someone they need to pay attention to?
worcej wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:05 pm
Mine are Vapor, Hosuke, darg, Chaqa, and food.
That's his list for Bozo, but I have barely seen him talk about/to Dargo or Chaqa... Why isn't Percy on that list? He was voting Percy the first half of D2.

That's... the discernable parts I was able to pick out. But really, Worcej is a mess who isn't actually scumhunting and is creating as much noise as possible. He's doing a very good job of obscuring any connection to other scummates by sheer force of bullshittery.

But yeah, I think I'm happy to push Worcej today.

[Edited to fix quotes]
To begin my attempts to correct your wrong direction, which cost town the fame in M46, here I go:

I tried really really hard to outpost brain. I stated that intention early. I put the most effort I have ever done into D1 to try to get there. Brain just outdid me.

The Mike thing was just quick and with little info behind it. Normally people say ‘hey, I cannot play, sorry.’ but we got nothing. I was voicing that. To be clear, i was subbed in early because of Durga and Fluminator dropping out at the last second, but at least it was before the game.

I excluded Percy at that point because I had to give a list of 5. Would you believe those other 5 were more scum to me at that point and Percy was #6? Did you forget I moved my vote to someone on that top 5 and continue to embrace that I think food / Vapor / Percy are all pretty scummy for what they are doing. Does that consistency mean nothing to you?

EspressoPatronum

#3242 Post by EspressoPatronum » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:47 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:29 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:45 pm
Hey Jamiet, what does it mean for your theory that Espresso actually proposed the smokescreen idea during N1?
Nicely observed, but it doesn't change my theory all that much, because if you look carefully, you'll notice he discussed a smokescreen, yes - BUT he talked in general terms about using it to protect various roles including Cop, Doctor, and Divine Presence.

It was only after D2 had begun that he specifically narrowed this down to a smokescreen involving the DP.
To clarify, I believe I had also had tracker on my list and posited that a doctor smokescreen would not be good. I narrowed down the smokescreen to DP because that was the only role to have activated on N1. It would be pointless to do a Tracker smokescreen on D2 when the role only activates on N2 and N3. Watcher was out bcz MF died, and there's no need for a cop smokescreen because Percy claimed it.

What do you make of my assumptions that the power thief was in the game? My whole case on powerthief!Jamiet was made under the assumption that you were the most likely power thief candidate. Speaking of which, you're also one of the first two on my wagon. That's 9/10 of your votes being in the first 2 of the wagon.

While we have confirmed town in play, we should be using them to deny potential mafia roles. Having two of Fox/Hosu/Brain start a serious wagon is a good way to deny the potential of the power thief.

I'm not sure how it works when they change votes though. Consider this scenario:
Fox votes, Brain votes, Jamie votes for wagon 1 (in that order). Fox switches to wagon 2, then switches back to wagon 1. Does that make Brain and Jamie the first 2 of the wagon, for the purposes of the power thief role?

worcej

#3243 Post by worcej » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:52 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:36 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:33 pm
I welcome the wagon on me and will respond to any and all questions.

Know that I am town and you are making a mistake by pushing me now.
Since you believe in guilt until proven innocent, how do you plan to prove your innocence?

Also, why have you generated so much noise this game with so little effort to solve?
By being genuine and not providing any bullshit fluff in my responses.

I would argue I am not putting little effort into this game. I am consistently pointing out issues with what some players are proposing and what players are doing. There are a lot of scum motivation behind some of these actions and behaviors that make them easy to blend. With the knowledge of scum claims, they can work these roles into huge advantages and push them accordingly to ‘clear’ themselves for a certain period of time. There is also too much focus on mechanics done by numerous people that no actual hunting is occurring. The people focusing on mechanics alone need to also be looked at because the reward is little to none for town in most cases - we are just endangering the doctor and tracker (if they even exist). It is better to assume they exist and try to protect those roles instead of narrowing down that list.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:37 pm
[quote=worcej post_id=93330 time=<a href="tel:1563899625">1563899625</a> user_id=857]
I welcome the wagon on me and will respond to any and all questions.

Know that I am town and you are making a mistake by pushing me now.
If you are town why do you welcome being a wagon?
[/quote]Because upon my flip, the bad cases against me can be examined and called out for said bad case.

Only problem is 2/3 clears are on me. They are just going to look fucking stupid once the flip happens instead of scummy.

Foxcastle

#3244 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:52 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:43 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:20 pm
An interesting first post Fox, needless to say I hope your game is as elevated now as it was at the end of last game. Now it won't be too little, too late.
Interesting response that's very different from M46 post-game where Worcej expressed sympathy and commiseration at my mistake in LyLo... His very early day 1 tone is a weird mix of cynical and enthusiastic.

worcej wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:50 pm
wait? Why was Mike already subbed? Seems a little rushed...
Seems a little like you're implying-without-saying that Mike must have been replaced early because he was a scum or N1 PR... Trying to create suspicion of Jamiet? Or trying to alert scummates to someone they need to pay attention to?
worcej wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:05 pm
Mine are Vapor, Hosuke, darg, Chaqa, and food.
That's his list for Bozo, but I have barely seen him talk about/to Dargo or Chaqa... Why isn't Percy on that list? He was voting Percy the first half of D2.

That's... the discernable parts I was able to pick out. But really, Worcej is a mess who isn't actually scumhunting and is creating as much noise as possible. He's doing a very good job of obscuring any connection to other scummates by sheer force of bullshittery.

[Edited to fix quotes]
To begin my attempts to correct your wrong direction, which cost town the fame in M46, here I go:

I tried really really hard to outpost brain. I stated that intention early. I put the most effort I have ever done into D1 to try to get there. Brain just outdid me.

The Mike thing was just quick and with little info behind it. Normally people say ‘hey, I cannot play, sorry.’ but we got nothing. I was voicing that. To be clear, i was subbed in early because of Durga and Fluminator dropping out at the last second, but at least it was before the game.

I excluded Percy at that point because I had to give a list of 5. Would you believe those other 5 were more scum to me at that point and Percy was #6? Did you forget I moved my vote to someone on that top 5 and continue to embrace that I think food / Vapor / Percy are all pretty scummy for what they are doing. Does that consistency mean nothing to you?
Trying to use M46 against me. Scummy. I already pointed out the discrepancy between how you reacted in the moment (sympathetic, since you had also made that mistake in a previous game, as you implied) and how you're pushing it now to try to shade me.

Trying to outpost Brainbomb for the sake of outposting Brainbomb. Anti-town. Seriously, there's no way you could this would help town.

Your explanation for wondering why Mike dropped out is inane. But then I don't expect you to defend how you were trying to setup a town good chase on whether it meant he must be scum.

Consistency means a lot to me, which is why I am questioning you on your inconsistency with regard to Percy. He seems to have been a significant scum read of yours. And yet not in your top 5?

worcej

#3245 Post by worcej » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:00 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:52 pm
worcej wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

[Edited to fix quotes]

Trying to use M46 against me. Scummy. I already pointed out the discrepancy between how you reacted in the moment (sympathetic, since you had also made that mistake in a previous game, as you implied) and how you're pushing it now to try to shade me.

Trying to outpost Brainbomb for the sake of outposting Brainbomb. Anti-town. Seriously, there's no way you could this would help town.

Your explanation for wondering why Mike dropped out is inane. But then I don't expect you to defend how you were trying to setup a town good chase on whether it meant he must be scum.

Consistency means a lot to me, which is why I am questioning you on your inconsistency with regard to Percy. He seems to have been a significant scum read of yours. And yet not in your top 5?
How is trying to outpost BB D1 anti-town? That’s NAI at best.

Using M46 against you is important because you clearly didn’t learn from your mistake. My flip will probably fix that issue and we still have time, so I am not going to squirm if I lynch. Just don’t call it scummy to say to my townclear teammate that he is going down the wrong rabbit hole. I need you to step your game up and get us the fucking win.

EspressoPatronum

#3246 Post by EspressoPatronum » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:02 pm

The worcej wagon looks fine to me. I don't think Vapor is scum, but my read of him is likely influenced by his hard townread of me.

VOTE## worcej

Assuming I have the correct interpretation of the power thief role, I suggest bo_sox unvote and then vote for worcej again. That would leave Fox and Brain as the first two on the wagon.

worcej

#3247 Post by worcej » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:06 pm

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:02 pm
The worcej wagon looks fine to me. I don't think Vapor is scum, but my read of him is likely influenced by his hard townread of me.

VOTE## worcej

Assuming I have the correct interpretation of the power thief role, I suggest bo_sox unvote and then vote for worcej again. That would leave Fox and Brain as the first two on the wagon.
See? Votes like this will be important to go back to and say ‘hey, that was a little convenient and an incredibly weak reasoning.

worcej

#3248 Post by worcej » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:07 pm

Also EP you need to do it right.

Foxcastle

#3249 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:09 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:00 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
worcej wrote:

Using M46 against you is important because you clearly didn’t learn from your mistake. My flip will probably fix that issue and we still have time, so I am not going to squirm if I lynch. Just don’t call it scummy to say to my townclear teammate that he is going down the wrong rabbit hole. I need you to step your game up and get us the fucking win.
I'm curious what my mistake is... I really don't see how my play in M46 relates here.

worcej

#3250 Post by worcej » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:09 pm

@Fox - I gave you a response to your Percy question. Was that not sufficient enough? If so, adjust your question so I can focus into your root issue.

worcej

#3251 Post by worcej » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:12 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:09 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:00 pm
Foxcastle wrote:

I'm curious what my mistake is... I really don't see how my play in M46 relates here.
You tunnel and don’t look at the bigger picture. Your only legit scum read on me is because I am saying you lost M46 for town, which you did.

Don’t worry though, connor lost it for you too. But you own the tunneling you did on connor and completely ignoring yav.

worcej

#3252 Post by worcej » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:13 pm

You tunneled on EMC this game. Look how that turned out?

Now you are onto me. Okay, sure. Your reasoning is personal more than actually based on facts.

worcej

#3253 Post by worcej » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:16 pm

Also, I am not shading you. I shade people when I want to make them be scummy.

I am just telling you that you are wrong and are blowing your chances. You or BB probably die tonight, most likely it will be you. Hosuke will be the last clear to die because he is being worthless as a clear, mostly because he is new and knows nothing to do.

Foxcastle

#3254 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:21 pm

What an odd little conception of tunneling you have, Worcej. I started out with a vote on Vapor, did a case on Espresso, and now have put some pressure on you for a grand total of (checks watch) six hours?

That is not tunneling, but your reaction is quite worrying.

worcej

#3255 Post by worcej » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:26 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:21 pm
What an odd little conception of tunneling you have, Worcej. I started out with a vote on Vapor, did a case on Espresso, and now have put some pressure on you for a grand total of (checks watch) six hours?

You’ve put more effort into a case on me than those based on my reads.

worcej

#3256 Post by worcej » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:29 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:26 pm
Foxcastle wrote:

You did one post list of an EP read and voted vapor with little posts about it.

Tell me how you are not tunneling me atm?

Foxcastle

#3257 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:34 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:29 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:26 pm
Foxcastle wrote:

You did one post list of an EP read and voted vapor with little posts about it.

Tell me how you are not tunneling me atm?
I'm sure you think I am, because you're desperate to get an active townclear off your back.

But no, an ISO of you and a few hours of attention/pressure on you do not make a tunnel.

Also, how is any of this supposed to make you look townie to other players? You can't threaten everyone that they'll regret it just like they did in M46 if they don't move off you...

EspressoPatronum

#3258 Post by EspressoPatronum » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:40 pm

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:02 pm

VOTE## worcej

Wrong format:

##vote worcej

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3259 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:45 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:49 am
@Damo: To be clear my case on Espresso is:

First, he acted as though he knew there was a Janitor and wasn't even considering that there might not be one. I purport this is because he knows a Janitor was rolled, because it's his scum mate.

Second, I purport that his DP smokescreen was an actual attempt to identify the real DP, to help Mafia select their NKs.

What do you think?
The first component of this case seems legitimate enough. I didn't notice this proposed scumslip initially, but I'm interested in hearing about it.

The second component here makes no sense. Why in the world would the mafia team be targeting the DP? There's townclears and bigger PRs to fish out once they have those handled.

It is worth noting that while I don't think you are about this motivation, in the event that you are correct the only way Espresso as scum would be able to fish out the DP using that method would be if the real DP targeted one of his teammates. That would mean that if the DP leaves us an indication of who they targeted and Espresso is scum, we have evidence that whoever they indicated is also scum.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3260 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:45 pm

And I see I'm many pages behind. I should have hit refresh lmao