Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#4481 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:47 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:09 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:06 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:03 am
why do you want to wait until eod to share your thoughts on bo?
**sigh**

Because I have been intentionally softing that I don't care about my death to reaction test people. His jump to vapor seemed to fall into that 'oh shit' response.

And to be crystal clear: I am not claiming anything.
The only town role that wouldn't care about their death is the Oracle (or possibly the Lover). So you thought bo picked up your Oracle softs and thus jumped to vapor because he was scum that didn't want to lynch the Oracle?
Here is where bo_sox switched his vote from worcej to Vapor:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:04 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:51 pm
Ok since bomb no longer plays, I would like to say:

shame on you bomb for creating a twisted, abnormal take on my 'admiration' of Vecna. It's not even admiration, I find him strong town in many games and openly proclaim when I'm confident

For you to mention sexual innuendos regarding me and him it's really vile. He's a father with kids, I know you don't care about what I think, but at least for him, abstain from this sort of mockery. I'm sorry to Vecna on your behalf

Also, you need to stop talking about players from MU, stop involving them with this site. I'm NOT anyone else, you're CONFUSING and mistaking players and you keep insanely repeating this when it's utterly displeasing

/over

I post this after his leaving because I wasn't about to do a back and forth with bomb on non-game related stuff
This post is fake as shit. You are a total jackass for waiting until he’s no longer here to talk things through and as far as I’m concerned you’re looking for nothing but a target on which to maintain your recently overly emotional rampage. Do you actually have a purpose to anything you’ve done recently other than to be pissed at people or can you simply not handle the pressure you’re under?

##VOTE Vapor

bozotheclown

#4482 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:48 pm

That does not look that great for bo_sox or worcej considering bo_sox's vote put Vapor ahead.

EspressoPatronum

#4483 Post by EspressoPatronum » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:50 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:27 pm
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:19 pm
xorxes wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:06 pm

Only one out of bozo|worcej|Jamiet? Why so certain about foodcoats and bo_sox then? What do you think of worcej softing Oracle?
I had worcej as pretty likely town before the Oracle stuff. Maybe I'm just misremembering the day, but I honestly don't think Chaqa was going to die without worcej. And given that Chaqa was going for endgame (i.e. bussing at least one teammate, maybe two) and getting townread by many, I don't see why scum!worcej throws that all away. It's definitely possible, but I don't see why. The Oracle stuff made me scale back the read.

Jamiet is hard to read because he's unpredictable. Going from my memory of the thread, his reads feel all over the place and he's being active. He's in my scum list because of the weird DP thing, his obsession with EP! janitor, and the potential for multiple crumbs. The latter isn't as conclusive for me as it is for the rest of the town bcz I know tracker isn't in the scum pile. Knowing this, and assuming the crumb theory is right, then I have to either assume scum was planning to CC tracker from the beginning (verrrry unlikely) or that Jamiet accidentally crumbed a bunch of roles.

Bozo because Chaqa focused on bozo and so did darg. Either scum decided to coordinate an effort against town!bozo or bozo is scum. Given Chaqa's penchant for bussing (re darg), I think bozo is being bussed.

I get that you can't confirm a lot of that information until I'm confirmed. I'm just putting it all down so you have it when/if you need it.
When and how did dargorygel focus on me?
p.44 and p.133. walking rn, so you'll have to read it yourself.

Again, everyone knows Chaqa was scum, and I know that darg is scum. This allows me to see their mentions of you as a possible scum agenda to lynch. Chaqa obsessed over you and darg's mentions of you are negative.

That's where I'm getting the bussing idea from.

bozotheclown

#4484 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:53 pm

So worcej now claims he was softing oracle to protect town PRs and draw the NK, but D3 he acknowledged that softing oracle would make scum less likely to vote for him when he claimed he scum read bo_sox for switching his vote to Vapor as a result of him softing oracle.

I would be willing to lynch worcej today.

##VOTE worcej

xorxes

#4485 Post by xorxes » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:06 pm

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:19 pm
I had worcej as pretty likely town before the Oracle stuff. Maybe I'm just misremembering the day, but I honestly don't think Chaqa was going to die without worcej.
Chaqa was the cow. Bussing the cow made perfect sense if worcej thought he could get the cow's target to join him.
And given that Chaqa was going for endgame (i.e. bussing at least one teammate, maybe two) and getting townread by many, I don't see why scum!worcej throws that all away.
After the Lover claim, Chaqa had no hope at all of making it to endgame. He would have been the next lynch when he didn't die with Tom.
Jamiet is hard to read because he's unpredictable. Going from my memory of the thread, his reads feel all over the place and he's being active. He's in my scum list because of the weird DP thing, his obsession with EP! janitor, and the potential for multiple crumbs.
Jamiet was very certain that you were scum at some point. What do you make of him voting for dargo now? And you were certain that he was the RoleThief.

xorxes

#4486 Post by xorxes » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:13 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:29 pm
xorxes wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:37 pm
Because you indicated he fell into your reaction test trap. I was wondering what you took out of that.
What does it matter what I took about that? Why are you distracting from the problem at hand?
I need to understand whether you are scum or not, so it matters to me.
Case and point: xorxes and Jamie could easily be a pair based off their banter in the thread. It's noise that is irrelevant and more a distraction than focusing on the problem in front of us.
If that's what you're getting from our interaction, then you should welcome it. You catch two scum! Why are you complainig?
Is that a valuable read to anyone else right now? Probably not - again, focus should be on darg and EP, not these stupid side conversations xorxes is trying to force.
I'm not forcing anything, I'm asking sensible questions.
And honestly xorxes, I am leit starting to scum you based on your noise making with little purpose and conviction behind it. So I am glad at least you're going to be figured out on D7.
Little conviction, really? Is that what you're getting from me right now?

foodcoats

#4487 Post by foodcoats » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:16 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:53 pm
So worcej now claims he was softing oracle to protect town PRs and draw the NK, but D3 he acknowledged that softing oracle would make scum less likely to vote for him when he claimed he scum read bo_sox for switching his vote to Vapor as a result of him softing oracle.

##VOTE worcej
That's an interesting point. I haven't actually looked at the "soft claim" but I agree that any hinting that someone is Oracle would theoretically put scum off if they noticed it, because the Oracle either clears a town or confirms a scum. So claiming Oracle makes that player pretty unlikely to be NK'd, regardless of their reads. So... it is the complete opposite of protecting the other PRs, because it is one less NK target scum has to consider. (And if the Oracle takes the hit, they also potentially publically reveal a PR.)

That said, why would we lynch worcej over darg/EP? If we follow the Worcej Doctrine (i.e. math), the odds are much higher of catching scum by focusing on the tracker claimants than on any unclears.

xorxes

#4488 Post by xorxes » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:18 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:35 pm
The fact you're so interested in it, and apparently know what phrase Worcej used, and yet you apparently still can't find the post, reveals how easy it must have been for us to miss it in the first place.
This is the post that should have set off all kinds of alarm bells for you. I had worcej as the Oracle from then on until you claimed it:
worcej wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
**sigh**

Because I have been intentionally softing that I don't care about my death to reaction test people. His jump to vapor seemed to fall into that 'oh shit' response.

And this is confirmation from worcej that he was indeed softing Oracle:
worcej wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:11 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:01 am
@Worcej, did you or did you not soft Oracle?
I did try to soft it to try to draw the NK. I also wanted to show that I didn’t mind being mislynched early, which is true. As one of the few VTs in this setup, I felt my job was to protect PRs any way possible. Sacrificing myself is one way to do this.

foodcoats

#4489 Post by foodcoats » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:31 pm

@Percy Williams, why have you voted for bozotheclown every single day? I know you're on EP now but you were on bozo earlier, and you've ended on bozo every other day. Why?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4490 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:34 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:44 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:21 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:08 pm
After the vig shot, did you consider asking to be lynched to clear yourself? You said you could have crumbed harder, what were you crumbing?
Are you reading what I said? Quit asking dumb questions. I am not trying to hurt town by clearing myself. Between the potential of getting scum and the information we gain, lynches are more important to the town than clearing me. I don't even know why I'm explaining this to you.

My crumb was straight to rdrivera. Did you miss that too?
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:24 pm
That would make you a lock for least valuable player, my friend.
That doesn't sound like me saying bulletproof to me.
I disagree, I think a D1 no lynch for a town clear is a good trade. It certainly would be helpful if you were clear, and not clearing yourself when you had the chance looks suspicious to me.

Were you crumbing a more important role so that rdrivera would not shoot you?
Find the one where I said I scumread rdrivera, and then go reread day 1 and see how I scumread him for his claim and the actions he took from then on. If you're actually openminded and not just leading me down a rabbit hole where you'll say "I disagree" and then dismiss everything I say, at the very least I think you can find it in your heart to see where I'm coming from.
xorxes wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:03 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:08 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:24 pm

Beyond that, I do not think that clearing me on D1 is the best use of the vigilante's gun over trying to get a good scumread that probably wouldn't get lynched. I gave this some thought early on but came to the conclusion that I'm not that important and wasting the vigilante's shot was a bad strategy. That is especially so when I could have been a nightkill target and cleared myself that way instead, and given that they went for Vecna instead of a clear I obviously could have been if I had crumbed harder than I did or perhaps even not been duped by the real vigilante's poor play. Worth the risk to me, by far.
After the vig shot, did you consider asking to be lynched to clear yourself? You said you could have crumbed harder, what were you crumbing?
I was going to ask about that too. Which roles did you crumb?
I didn’t crumb any roles in particular with that post, but I can name at least 7 that the mafia team should have recognized as a possibility from my crumb. There was no reason to crumb anything in particular when I could simply heighten their suspicions. They know I’m town.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4491 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:34 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:51 pm
xorxes wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:50 am
flash2015 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:46 am
I am pretty confident it is darg over DP:

##VOTE darg
Why? If you're town, we need to see your reasoning. Otherwise, if darg flips town you will look scummy and may cost us the game, and if he flips scum we won't be able to tell if you voted for him for good towny reasons or just because everyone else was voting for him and so you didn't have much choice.
I am not one for big explanations. I guess I go for darg because he claimed second, the response felt rushed (if I had been tracker I would have had something more detailed prepared and ready to go) and his crumbs felt forced.
Irregardless of darg’s claim, how do you feel about EP’s claim? I recall you agreeing with me at some stage that both were scum and I’m curious how you pick one or the other with such little effort if you think they’re both scum, but maybe I’m mistaken.
xorxes wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:05 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:18 pm
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:36 pm

Worcej and bo_sox refused to participate. If they were maf, they would have been the obvious choices to take the DP claim later in the game. Town cred to them.
If worcej and bo_sox refused to participate and then claimed DP, do you really think they would have been believed? I strongly believe you would have led a crusade against them for not playing the smokescreen minigame and then claiming.
Unless he is scum with one of them.
Why one? Is a worcej-bo-EP team not on the table?
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:40 pm
Percy Williams wrote:
I think that the only way this will end will be in lynching both of them, whether they're TvS or SvS.
Says the apparent rolecop who can absolutely put an end to it if it's TvS.
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:55 pm
Fwiw, this is a pretty lofty goal. If Percy is town, I see no scenario in which scum leaves him alive.
Do you expect him to get his scan off tonight? I would say no, given the second of this pair of quotes, but they seem contradictory.
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:20 pm
I really need to do a bo_sox and foodcoats iso, but I have them as a team because they seem like they're pushing the same agenda. I'm getting teamy vibes from them + those vibes line up with scum goals.
Pretty sure we both scumread one another and have since early, but okay.
worcej wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:29 pm
Case and point: xorxes and Jamie could easily be a pair based off their banter in the thread. It's noise that is irrelevant and more a distraction than focusing on the problem in front of us.
The only reason I can think of that you'd spend a second of your time on this is to try, in a futile and utterly pathetic manner mind you, to get xorxes lynched before he can prove his claim. Yeah, he might be a good scum role, but he's handed himself to us on a platter on D7 and that is not that far away.

Jamiet99uk

#4492 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:35 pm

xorxes wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:18 pm

This is the post that should have set off all kinds of alarm bells for you. I had worcej as the Oracle from then on until you claimed it:
worcej wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
**sigh**

But that isn't a softclaim in itself. It's a post in which he claims to have made softed at a prior time.

@Worcej: Can you actually clarify this for us? Where and how did you soft that you were the Oracle? On what pages, using what words?

xorxes

#4493 Post by xorxes » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:44 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:34 pm
I didn’t crumb any roles in particular with that post, but I can name at least 7 that the mafia team should have recognized as a possibility from my crumb. There was no reason to crumb anything in particular when I could simply heighten their suspicions. They know I’m town.
I currently do believe you're town, mostly because I have a full quota already with dargo/Espresso/worcej/Jamiet.

dargo has practically given up, I don't see town!dargo throwing the game like that.

Espresso is making some effort and that's why I prefer lynching dargo over him, but there are too many pointers to Tracker being a fake role.

worcej and Jamiet are doing nothing to convince me that I'm wrong about the Oracle thing.

xorxes

#4494 Post by xorxes » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:48 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:34 pm
xorxes wrote:
foodcoats wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:18 pm

If worcej and bo_sox refused to participate and then claimed DP, do you really think they would have been believed? I strongly believe you would have led a crusade against them for not playing the smokescreen minigame and then claiming.
Unless he is scum with one of them.
Why one? Is a worcej-bo-EP team not on the table?
Nothing is off the table, but scum!worcej implies Oracle is probably a fake role, which implies Jamiet is scum, so there's no room for you there.

Percy Williams

#4495 Post by Percy Williams » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:36 am

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:40 pm
Percy Williams wrote:
I think that the only way this will end will be in lynching both of them, whether they're TvS or SvS.
Says the apparent rolecop who can absolutely put an end to it if it's TvS.
I really can't though.
1. We lynch Town (other is scum)
The other person is obvscum, we lynch both.
2. We Lynch Scum (other is Town)
If I scan the other person and find they are Town, then the only real way to prove I was right is to lynch the now known Town, and that would still be information that the Mafia have anyway, and If I was scum I would probably bus one team member to become a deep threat. If I die, then that would confirm my report, but I'm not advocating for my own lynch, and It still has the result of lynching a now mechanically vanilla town.
3. We lynch Scum ( other is also scum)
If I scan the other person and find they are also scum, then we would lynch the other one as well, which means both would die, but If I was scum, I wouldn't put myself by calling scum on a townie, so this doesn't prove that I'm the role cop.

Tldr:
We waste the info a scan could give us and don't prove I'm the Stick bug if I scan the other tracker claim.

Percy Williams

#4496 Post by Percy Williams » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:40 am

xorxes wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:57 pm
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:46 pm
xorxes wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:43 pm

He can only do it for himself, not conclusively for the rest of town.

But if you want to propose a strategy of delaying the decision of lynching between you two, who should we lynch and why?
I don't want to delay. I want you guys to lynch darg then rolecop me. If it works, great; if it doesn't, I'll probably get lynched.
Rolecopping you does not give us more or less info than rolecopping any other unclear. I don't want to offer rolecop suggestions to Percy until the night though.
Why?
I'm not complaining because I can't use it till the night anyways, but It's not like the mafia have Daychat only or anything like that.

Percy Williams

#4497 Post by Percy Williams » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:56 am

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:31 pm
@Percy Williams, why have you voted for bozotheclown every single day? I know you're on EP now but you were on bozo earlier, and you've ended on bozo every other day. Why?
Because I strongly believe Bozotheclown is scum. I can see that the tracker claimants are going to have to be resolved before we can resume catching scum, but I also don't want Bozo to be forgotten. I was willing to move my vote to Chaqa after he claimed who his love was, but was directed not to by Tom the bomb. There was a point at the beginning of the game where Bozo had a decent wagon, and many people have called for the lynch of Bozo, and yet for no specific reason people aren't voting for him. Many of his plans have been pro mafia, (the exception being the Chaqa lynch) and yet all the power behind lynch Bozo has died. I consider all suspicion of someone disappearing for no traceable reason to be very suspicious, especially in a game like this one where the mafia have had a lot of power.

xorxes

#4498 Post by xorxes » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:59 am

Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:40 am
xorxes wrote:
I don't want to offer rolecop suggestions to Percy until the night though.
Why?
I'm not complaining because I can't use it till the night anyways, but It's not like the mafia have Daychat only or anything like that.
We will have more info to work with after the flip, hopefully another known scum.

Percy Williams

#4499 Post by Percy Williams » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:00 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:59 am
Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:40 am
xorxes wrote:
I don't want to offer rolecop suggestions to Percy until the night though.
Why?
We will have more info to work with after the flip, hopefully another known scum.
Ah, that makes sense.

worcej

#4500 Post by worcej » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:33 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:53 pm

##VOTE worcej

I cannot fix stupid.