Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#821 Post by dargorygel » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 pm

My Percy vote at first was clearly a joke vote. Did no one else notice that he was blamed in the flavor for the end of civilization?

I get the policy votes. MF this morning seems reasonable, though.

I do think we need a non-policy option.

Presently, I am clearly not choosing the wine in front of me...

And Percy has seemed more and more questionable to me. In addition to what otehrs have brought up, he seems to be PR fishing... emphasizing clarification of those who have soft-claimed.

So I'll leave it there, for now.

I would also vote for Itshusoko, bozo, or foxy today.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#822 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:23 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:17 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:21 pm
##GM NOTE

Roles were randomly selected and allocated.
Oh. So there could be one Mason talking to themselves.

Obviously I'm not a Mason.
Itshosuke already claimed there are two Masons, so either really there are two town Masons or we have two scum faking it.

And as you are around, give me a reason to not shoot you.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#823 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:24 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 pm
My Percy vote at first was clearly a joke vote. Did no one else notice that he was blamed in the flavor for the end of civilization?

And Percy has seemed more and more questionable to me. In addition to what otehrs have brought up, he seems to be PR fishing... emphasizing clarification of those who have soft-claimed.

Have you read the thread? Care to explain why itshosuke is on your list?

And as you are around, give me a reason to not shoot you.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#824 Post by dargorygel » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:27 pm

Sure, rdr
His first post had a comment about the asian thing, which seemed ly-ish. That bumps people into scumlean for me.

Not sure that his claim clarification makes him not scum... still could be a newbie scum attempt to make a claim, in reaction (as he himself said) to to bozo's massclaim idea.

damo666

#825 Post by damo666 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:27 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:53 pm
the bullet point for why hotsuke claim is fake is that he said he needed a TLDR, which a mason buddy easily coulda just provided in mason chat
could be solo

damo666

#826 Post by damo666 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:32 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:07 am
Percy Williams wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:07 am
brainbomb wrote:
the bullet point for why hotsuke claim is fake is that he said he needed a TLDR, which a mason buddy easily coulda just provided in mason chat
See above.
He could be real but not have a real partner.
thats not true. if masons are in the game it has a QT and ots guaranteed to be both in the game
O brain it's RANDOM. So quite possible to have only one Mason.

damo666

#827 Post by damo666 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:35 pm

xorxes wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:10 am
Percy Williams wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:05 am
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:48 pm

uhm, the kiwi needs to verify that hotsukes claim is real asap or its not real
What if the kiwi is a fake claim Mafia role?
The masons work as a unit for the random selection, so they are either both town or there are no masons. (Ask the GMs if you don't believe it.)

Also, there could be a human even if there is no ant, because the human has some power that does not depend on the ant.

So if two people claim mason they're either both town or both mafia.
Were you told Masons work as a unit by a GM? This would seem to contradict the GM's post regarding randomness.

Percy Williams

#828 Post by Percy Williams » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:37 pm

dargorygel wrote:

I was asking specifically Bozo, because he was trying to paint a world where there are so many claims already, we might as well mass claim. I wanted him to list his four, because as we saw Vecna doesn't think he's claimed, I highly doubt Brainbomb has claimed a role, and probably posted enough to softclaim every role, which leaves us with one real hard claim and one real soft claim. I DO NOT want anyone to clarify what role they want to claim, or to call out soft claims, I just couldn't let Bozo misrepresent the data.

Foxcastle

#829 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:41 pm

Damo, as rdrivera has pointed out, the ItsHosuke has claimed that there is another mason.

Vecna

#830 Post by Vecna » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:45 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:45 am
xorxes wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:21 am

Given that I may not have another chance to post before EOD,
xorxes, we're bros this time! I was just thinking if I'll able to squeeze in more posts today

however, I came to mention a thing that never left my mind.

Why I think Vecna is not vig. He's an impatient type, he's his own man and likes to take risks, he basically couldn't wait for someone to claim in a previous game, he just couldn't hold his bullet inside the gun

What makes him have patience now? I think he's not a gunman, he probably would have shot Percy by now
most definitely

damo666

#831 Post by damo666 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:46 pm

ItsHosuke wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:09 am
brainbomb wrote:
My mason buddy did not post in the mason chat before I made the claim and I need a quick TLDR at that time
Have they posted in the QT since then?

Vecna

#832 Post by Vecna » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:47 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:10 pm
Vecna wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:12 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:16 pm

damo seems pretty not scummy. I cant believe vecna was serious here. had to just be trolling people
I was actually. damo is damn timid and not very genuine so far imo. deff a scum candidate. he can feel free to town it up and write some posts with full coherent sentences or thoughts
I will when there is something worth commenting on.
what a load of horseshit damo, theres plenty worth commenting on

Foxcastle

#833 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:47 pm

dargorygel wrote:

I think emc is still a good lynch based on how he's responded to the policy vote. And if he can't be bothered to find something to vote after 42 hours of game and 830+ posts, that just proves my point about why it's a good idea to lynch him until he starts actually helping town.

bozotheclown

#834 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:48 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:14 pm
Maybe this is obv, but it seems that bozo's relentless pursuit of a massclaim makes the most sense if he is the role-thief. One role already responded and claimed mason. And of course, if he DOES convince enough people, he finds a bunch of roles.
dargorygel wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:27 pm
Sure, rdr
His first post had a comment about the asian thing, which seemed ly-ish. That bumps people into scumlean for me.

Not sure that his claim clarification makes him not scum... still could be a newbie scum attempt to make a claim, in reaction (as he himself said) to to bozo's massclaim idea.
In the first post it sounds like you blame me for Hosuke revealing his town role, but in the second post you say I might have managed to get Hosuke to fake claim as scum. This seems inconsistent.

Vecna

#835 Post by Vecna » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:49 pm

dargorygel wrote:

The distancing has begun

bozotheclown

#836 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:50 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:37 pm
dargorygel wrote:

I was asking specifically Bozo, because he was trying to paint a world where there are so many claims already, we might as well mass claim. I wanted him to list his four, because as we saw Vecna doesn't think he's claimed, I highly doubt Brainbomb has claimed a role, and probably posted enough to softclaim every role, which leaves us with one real hard claim and one real soft claim. I DO NOT want anyone to clarify what role they want to claim, or to call out soft claims, I just couldn't let Bozo misrepresent the data.
Did you miss my response where I listed the implied claims?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#837 Post by dargorygel » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:50 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:48 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Maybe this is obv, but it seems that bozo's relentless pursuit of a massclaim makes the most sense if he is the role-thief. One role already responded and claimed mason. And of course, if he DOES convince enough people, he finds a bunch of roles.
dargorygel wrote:
Sure, rdr

In the first post it sounds like you blame me for Hosuke revealing his town role, but in the second post you say I might have managed to get Hosuke to fake claim as scum. This seems inconsistent.
hmmm
I don't think it is... it's pointing out that your massclaim idea had effects. Whichever way Itshosuke flips.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#838 Post by dargorygel » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:53 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:47 pm
dargorygel wrote:

I think emc is still a good lynch based on how he's responded to the policy vote. And if he can't be bothered to find something to vote after 42 hours of game and 830+ posts, that just proves my point about why it's a good idea to lynch him until he starts actually helping town.
I hear you, foxy. Day's not done.

Vecna

#839 Post by Vecna » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:53 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:50 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
dargorygel wrote:
dargorygel wrote:
Sure, rdr

hmmm
I don't think it is... it's pointing out that your massclaim idea had effects. Whichever way Itshosuke flips.
how would it help the rolethief steal roles?

Percy Williams

#840 Post by Percy Williams » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:56 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
dargorygel wrote:
dargorygel wrote:
Sure, rdr

Whether Itshosuke is scum or not, your mass claim push is the reason Itshosuke claimed that role. This doesn't make you scum or not but is a point in Dario's favour. It shows he has a dynamic view of the game in a way that only Town really can, Dang it! I just scrolled down to that little preview thing where it shows you the last so many posts, and Dargo beat me to it. I'm just gonna post this as is.