Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ChippeRock

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#5881 Post by ChippeRock » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:57 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:37 am
ChippeRock wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:35 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:14 pm

You didn't answer my questions, but okay w/e I'll go at this a different way.

You're suggesting we will make a poorer and less objective decision regarding Connors alignment after finding out damos alignment?
More info = better decisions Chippe, not worse

Also, coming in with a predetermined idea of what will happen after someone flips a certain way is close minded.
Yes, I am saying you guys are more likely to think damo flipping scum "clears" connor than the other way around.

Don't pretend us humans don't have biases - it's been scientifically disproven.
If we are more likely to think that, isn't it because it is more likely? And wouldn't that mean we would make a more accurate decision? Or are you saying you want Connor to die first not because he is more scummy than damo, but you are trying to pre-emptively save the town from its own stupidity?
I'm saying it's better for the BA to make the better decision for town - one that prevents our own biases from getting in the way. damo & connor are a 50/50 on who's scum, if connor flips town, we just lynch damo. But if connor flips scum, than we will NOT be so willing to think his flip means damo has been "cleared" and we will more objectively analyze damo.

In the end, it doesn't matter, if BA NKs one of them, he either cleans out scum, or he gives us an easy scum lynch tomorrow.

Nephthys

#5882 Post by Nephthys » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:59 am

Percy Williams wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:20 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:17 am

Questions for Percy:
You talked about how readslists are beneficial, and asked people to post full lists like TrPrado did. Yet you haven't given one yourself. Why?
You were pretty absent and unimpactful D2 compared to D1. Why?
1.Because honestly, I'm a little lost this game. I wanted to see others read lists, as that is something clear I can read that shows what connections a player wants to make. That tells me a lot, and is easier to review than TrPrado's long analysis posts. In a reads list game, those who really don't want to share, or who have read obvious scum differently stick out very quickly. I will give my thoughts that I can gather in this much too large game, where we have yet to kill scum.

--snip--

Question #2
Day 2, life got busy. Plus two town reads for me were the force lynches. That's a part of why I didn't make a reads list as well.
I really don't like this post. It makes it clear that Percy wants to see the connections others are making without providing his own. Just because the day was narrowed down to two people doesn't mean we cant consider others.

Also, being completely lost on D3 is never a good sign

Nephthys

#5883 Post by Nephthys » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:05 am

Hmm thoughts on ND being too aggressive to be scum?

ChippeRock

#5884 Post by ChippeRock » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:17 am

Nephthys wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:05 am
Bullshit, ND could never be "too aggressive".

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#5885 Post by Squigs44 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:27 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:57 am
Squigs44 wrote:
ChippeRock wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:35 am

Yes, I am saying you guys are more likely to think damo flipping scum "clears" connor than the other way around.

Don't pretend us humans don't have biases - it's been scientifically disproven.
If we are more likely to think that, isn't it because it is more likely? And wouldn't that mean we would make a more accurate decision? Or are you saying you want Connor to die first not because he is more scummy than damo, but you are trying to pre-emptively save the town from its own stupidity?
I'm saying it's better for the BA to make the better decision for town - one that prevents our own biases from getting in the way. damo & connor are a 50/50 on who's scum, if connor flips town, we just lynch damo. But if connor flips scum, than we will NOT be so willing to think his flip means damo has been "cleared" and we will more objectively analyze damo.

In the end, it doesn't matter, if BA NKs one of them, he either cleans out scum, or he gives us an easy scum lynch tomorrow.
So you're proposing an idea that is best for town only if both damo and Connor are scum. How confident are you that they are both scum?

ND

#5886 Post by ND » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:31 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:17 am
Nephthys wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:05 am
Bullshit, ND could never be "too aggressive".
big truth right there if anything everyone should be more aggressive and unfortunately I have to censor myself because I *might* offend people. Jesus Christ. Ridiculous PC world we live in people.

Will post updated scum + BA candidate(s) reads before EON.

Durga

#5887 Post by Durga » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:05 am

Nephthys wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:34 am
Durga wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:25 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:19 am

No, Durgas ego isn't going to lose us the game. There were 16 townies when this game began, so losing is a team effort.
How would my ego lose us the game? At least I'm participating, whereas our other town clear is a lurker.

Also if you're scum Squigs, you've done the best job I've ever seen to buddy me.
I think only proves my point tbh

Anyways not productive so lets move on.

@Durga. Give me your logic of why people were NKed how they were.
What do you mean? You don't know who killed who?

Durga

#5888 Post by Durga » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:06 am

Connor and damo are NOT a 50/50, damo goddamn scum slipped

ChippeRock

#5889 Post by ChippeRock » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:37 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:27 am
ChippeRock wrote:
Squigs44 wrote:

So you're proposing an idea that is best for town only if both damo and Connor are scum. How confident are you that they are both scum?
I'm proposing an idea that, if they're both scum, is the best option - but if they're not scum, it makes no difference than if damo was NKed.

ChippeRock

#5890 Post by ChippeRock » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:40 am

Durga wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:06 am
Connor and damo are NOT a 50/50, damo goddamn scum slipped
Perhaps. And damo is really acting scummy. But damo being scum does NOT mean connor is "cleared" of being scum.

I'm not doubting damo is scum, I'm just stating that connor might be as well.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#5891 Post by Squigs44 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:42 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:37 am
Squigs44 wrote:
ChippeRock wrote:

I'm proposing an idea that, if they're both scum, is the best option - but if they're not scum, it makes no difference than if damo was NKed.
If damo is mafia and connor is not then your option is worse than Durga's option. For me, this scenario is the most likely, so I want to go with Durga's option.
You haven't answered me still - what do you think damo and Connor's alignments are, and how sure are you? Please stop dodging giving reads on them

ChippeRock

#5892 Post by ChippeRock » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:25 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:42 am
ChippeRock wrote:
Squigs44 wrote:

If damo is mafia and connor is not then your option is worse than Durga's option. For me, this scenario is the most likely, so I want to go with Durga's option.
You haven't answered me still - what do you think damo and Connor's alignments are, and how sure are you? Please stop dodging giving reads on them
I never dodged your posts. Right now, I think damo is scum. But, I'm also 50/50 on whether or not connor is scum - damo is acting WAY TOO scummy, and I personally think that he might be trying to "clear" connor. I betcha he might of even fake scum slipped to so he would get NKed and connor would get "cleared" because damo was proven as scum.

It doesn't make any sense for damo or connor to fake claim RB if they're scum and they know the Hooker RBed a specific person. It only makes sense is if it were a mistake. If you would like to offer another explanation, I'm open to that.

Durga

#5893 Post by Durga » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:33 am

Can someone tell Chippe we don't have unlimited lynches

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#5894 Post by Squigs44 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:39 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:25 am
Squigs44 wrote:
ChippeRock wrote:

I never dodged your posts. Right now, I think damo is scum. But, I'm also 50/50 on whether or not connor is scum - damo is acting WAY TOO scummy, and I personally think that he might be trying to "clear" connor. I betcha he might of even fake scum slipped to so he would get NKed and connor would get "cleared" because damo was proven as scum.

It doesn't make any sense for damo or connor to fake claim RB if they're scum and they know the Hooker RBed a specific person. It only makes sense is if it were a mistake. If you would like to offer another explanation, I'm open to that.
Well, lets say they successfully guess and RB BA today (and kill Durga or Neph), then we mislynch a town connor or a town damo tomorrow. That means we are at 5-4-1 going into the night phase, they RB again and kill Durga or Neph putting them at 4-4-1. We then would lynch the mafia connor or damo, they would RB BA and kill town and it is 3-3-1 for them, and they know who the BA is.

Basically if scum damo can beat out town connor or scum connor can beat out town connor in a showdown AND they guess BA, they are looking at a 3-3-1 Day 7 that will be nigh impossible to lose.

Nephthys

#5895 Post by Nephthys » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:05 am

Just realised they can perma RB the BA....

This isn't good.

ChippeRock

#5896 Post by ChippeRock » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:17 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:39 am
ChippeRock wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:25 am
Squigs44 wrote:

Well, lets say they successfully guess and RB BA today (and kill Durga or Neph), then we mislynch a town connor or a town damo tomorrow. That means we are at 5-4-1 going into the night phase, they RB again and kill Durga or Neph putting them at 4-4-1. We then would lynch the mafia connor or damo, they would RB BA and kill town and it is 3-3-1 for them, and they know who the BA is.

Basically if scum damo can beat out town connor or scum connor can beat out town connor in a showdown AND they guess BA, they are looking at a 3-3-1 Day 7 that will be nigh impossible to lose.
It's a bad spot, yes. It's a game of odds we'll have to gamble on...

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#5897 Post by Squigs44 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:47 am

Mafia is not a game of odds it's a game of deduction. We need more people deducing

ChippeRock

#5898 Post by ChippeRock » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:33 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:47 am
Mafia is not a game of odds it's a game of deduction. We need more people deducing
Yeah, there's nothing we can do right now about Mafia possibly RBing the BA. So, save the speech.

connorcompton

#5899 Post by connorcompton » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:46 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:48 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:43 pm
Damo's fascination with BA over "known scum" Connor is another indication that he's totally mafia
His unreasonable defensiveness and anger over even being accused is another reason why...

Either way, I'm actually in favor of the BA NKing connor - it doesn't allow connor to be "cleared' by damo if damo flips scum and if connor is town, than damo is an easy lynch. Damo is the least likely of the two to viewed as having been "cleared" by a NK of connor flipping scum, allowing people to not rule him out and remain objective about him.
So both of us need to die? I understand your reasoning, but why can't the BA kill who they think is more likely scum, then, if correct, the other just goes through the normal process of only being lynched if most suspected. Why would you go for almost certain town death over having to think about someone some more. If damo gets NKed, I encourage everyone to not assume I'm town.

connorcompton

#5900 Post by connorcompton » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:56 am

et wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:17 pm
I made list and I am going to verify from Day1.
1 damo-Connor-Fox-ND
2 damo-Fox-ND-peter
3 damo-Connor-Fox-peter
4 damo-Connor-peter-ND
5 damo-Connor-Flav-ND
1 is the list I think most likely.
2 is second likely, 3 is third...
These may change by verification.
You think it's that likely both me and damo are scum?